post #7261 of 7531 Old 12-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
For the moxi in the family room that doesn't have the sd hbo channels working, it's likely because you changed out hardware (ex. hard drive, cable card) and didn't call Comcast to update your data id. The channels may say something like "you do not subscribe tothis channel" at this time on this 1 moxi. HBO channels are usually digitally encrypted (one of the moxi faqs mentions some channels are) and you just need to pull up the moxi pairing screen and tell Comcast the cable card mentioned there so they are looking at the right information (ex. mine begins with a MAxxxxx and is a Motorola brand) and have them update the data id on their side. after that, just have them send ccv, initialize, and a standard hit to the cable card to get the digitally encrypted channels to display. I like the shows that come on the hbo channels and would rather have them than not.
Got around to doing this. Comcast now has a DIY pairing web page and the data id on the account in fact did not match what the Moxi screens had. Went through the pairing process and now they match but it did not resolve the condition and the HBO channels still show "do not subscribe" message. Thanks for the advice (in any case)..... Still reluctant to get Comcast involved as long as the one in the family room has them and not having them in the bedroom is less an inconvenience,

Last edited by Duck05; 12-07-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7262 of 7531 Old 12-07-2017, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck05 View Post
Got around to doing this. Comcast now has a DIY pairing web page and the data id on the account in fact did not match what the Moxi screens had. Went through the pairing process and now they match but it did not resolve the condition and the HBO channels still show "do not subscribe" message. Thanks for the advice .....
What is the DIY page?

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #7263 of 7531 Old 12-07-2017, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Does anyone know if the Moxi USB output carries audio info, and if so, what type (DD5.1)?

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7264 of 7531 Old 12-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
What is the DIY page?
They have a web page, now, that will do the pairing process of cable card to your account.

http://cablecardactivation.xsp.comcast.net/
dmusoke likes this.
post #7265 of 7531 Old 12-12-2017, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 28
So my time has come to put my beloved MOXI to rest. My HOA community has signed a new contract with Comcast & part of the contract includes the X1 DVR with 6 tuners & guide & companion box & internet modem/router etc. If anyone wants to buy my 2 tuner MOXI along with remote just let me know. It has been a great ride.
post #7266 of 7531 Old 12-12-2017, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domm View Post
So my time has come to put my beloved MOXI to rest. My HOA community has signed a new contract with Comcast & part of the contract includes the X1 DVR with 6 tuners & guide & companion box & internet modem/router etc. If anyone wants to buy my 2 tuner MOXI along with remote just let me know. It has been a great ride.
My Comcast works fine with my 3T Moxi. You don't have to go for the X1, unless the 6 tuner thing appeals to you...

post #7267 of 7531 Old 12-12-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
My Comcast works fine with my 3T Moxi. You don't have to go for the X1, unless the 6 tuner thing appeals to you...
I hear ya. My MOXI was working fine also but my wife is starting to get a large collection of shows to record so a 6 tuner seems like the better option. We did continue to use the MOXI for a while after the new contract took effect with no issues.
dmusoke likes this.
post #7268 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 06:27 PM

I have a Moxi 2-Tuner 500GB HD Digital Recorder (2008 Model) that works perfect.

Can someone buy this unit from me & have it work for them being that there is no longer support for this Moxi?

Would I have to give the buyer my username & password to my present account in order for the buyer to be able to set the Moxi up for their own cable company & guide info? Thanks
post #7269 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
I have a Moxi 2-Tuner 500GB HD Digital Recorder (2008 Model) that works perfect.

Can someone buy this unit from me & have it work for them being that there is no longer support for this Moxi? yes.

Would I have to give the buyer my username & password to my present account in order for the buyer to be able to set the Moxi up for their own cable company & guide info? Thanks
this wasn't necessary a few months ago.
post #7270 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
this wasn't necessary a few months ago.
So are you saying that the buyer (if I ever find one) could still create their own online account? Thanks
post #7271 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So are you saying that the buyer (if I ever find one) could still create their own online account? Thanks
I think the buyer would have to already have an existing moxi account. Else, they would need to use your uid/pwd.
post #7272 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I think the buyer would have to already have an existing moxi account. Else, they would need to use your uid/pwd.
That's what I thought but wanted to check before selling. So just to confirm, if someone who has never owned a Moxi before, buys my unit, I would need to include my user ID & password?

Other than the above is there anything that I would need to tell the buyer? Thanks
post #7273 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
I hear ya. My MOXI was working fine also but my wife is starting to get a large collection of shows to record so a 6 tuner seems like the better option. We did continue to use the MOXI for a while after the new contract took effect with no issues.
I use both. The wife has the new TWCable dvr in the living room, I have the Moxi in the bedroom.
post #7274 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrons View Post
I use both. The wife has the new TWCable dvr in the living room, I have the Moxi in the bedroom.
With the new X1 system from Comcast the main unit has 6 tuners & the mate in the master can call up any recorded programs from the main or watch whatever they want live. I loved my Moxi for 7 years but am happy with our new setup with the X1.
post #7275 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
With the new X1 system from Comcast the main unit has 6 tuners & the mate in the master can call up any recorded programs from the main or watch whatever they want live. I loved my Moxi for 7 years but am happy with our new setup with the X1.
TW here in Carlsbad wants around $25 or $30 a month extra for the 2nd room. I'm not that interested in watching the real housewives type stuff my wife records anyway
post #7276 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
We don't have Comcast where I live, but I'm curious: what's the storage capacity of the new X1 system?
post #7277 of 7531 Old 12-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That's what I thought but wanted to check before selling. So just to confirm, if someone who has never owned a Moxi before, buys my unit, I would need to include my user ID & password?
correct.

Other than the above is there anything that I would need to tell the buyer? Thanks
I don't think so.
post #7278 of 7531 Old 12-31-2017, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrons View Post
TW here in Carlsbad wants around $25 or $30 a month extra for the 2nd room. I'm not that interested in watching the real housewives type stuff my wife records anyway
In my case our HOA did a bulk package deal that included X1 dvr plus X1 mate plus 1 DTA HD box plus Blast internet at 75 down speed.
post #7279 of 7531 Old 12-31-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslund View Post
We don't have Comcast where I live, but I'm curious: what's the storage capacity of the new X1 system?
I just googled that question & from what I can tell 500 GB.
post #7280 of 7531 Old 01-13-2018, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Just got couple of new motorola moca units on sale via amazon to try with moxi plus moxi mate, to evaluate along with 'expanded basic' SD channels for a couple months via moxi+mate, before i cut the TV cord entirely via HD-homerun and or Air-TV-2 this spring...

During the moxi+mate+moca test, I plan to fill the moxi with thousands of hours of cheesy 480i hallmark & lifetime movies and extremely-slow-paced-and-repetitive investigative-crime-shows. (We can't seem to stop watching these types of shows inbetween NFL games.)
TeeJay1952 and dmusoke like this.

Last edited by tveli; 01-14-2018 at 03:56 AM.
post #7281 of 7531 Old 01-13-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
what's the storage capacity of the new X1 system?
500gb? For real? smh
sslund likes this.
post #7282 of 7531 Old 04-16-2018, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsloan2 View Post
@dz2k

I used the same method as I posted in the last post... These seem to be valid files.

Also, just so everyone knows, it appears that everything the Moxi does is logged to syslog-ng and sent back to Arris / or whoever now... or maybe nowhere, but the point is it's all logged and you can sniff it with a packet sniffer if you have a way to duplicate the traffic. (Managed switch or network tap).

Here's the raw URLs - I'm no linux guru but I'm sure someone here can figure out how to install these.

http://swu.mc1.dgosvc.com:34006/swup...0R4BR-P.338830

Were you able to upgrade to this version of the software by any means?
post #7283 of 7531 Old 04-24-2018, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
deactivated Moxi

So I found a Moxi and Mate at a sale, upgraded the firmware and deactivated it from the old account. I sold it on ebay and the buyer is all upset they can't make a new account and activate the unit. Is there anyone out there that can add the IDs to an existing account to get them activated? Maybe even if you have a dormant account that you would be willing to give the userid/password?
post #7284 of 7531 Old 04-28-2018, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hill View Post
So I found a Moxi and Mate at a sale, upgraded the firmware and deactivated it from the old account. I sold it on ebay and the buyer is all upset they can't make a new account and activate the unit. Is there anyone out there that can add the IDs to an existing account to get them activated? Maybe even if you have a dormant account that you would be willing to give the userid/password?
I believe the units will work once a valid cable card is paired to the unit. Activation on the web site is only for accessing the unit via a web browser.

If that does not work, provide me the Moxi ID numbers and zip code of the new buyer and I can add those units to my account (but it is not practical to share the online account with someone....). May need the cable card provider info but not sure if that is required. (Send a PM).
post #7285 of 7531 Old 04-28-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I believe the units will work once a valid cable card is paired to the unit. Activation on the web site is only for accessing the unit via a web browser.

If that does not work, provide me the Moxi ID numbers and zip code of the new buyer and I can add those units to my account (but it is not practical to share the online account with someone....). May need the cable card provider info but not sure if that is required. (Send a PM).

Unless the new buyer uses the same cable company & is in the same district as you, this idea of yours will not work & the new buyer could hijack your online account. I would reconsider your offer. jmo
post #7286 of 7531 Old 04-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Now for the real reason I looked at this thread today....

I have one of my two 3 Tuner Moxi's acting buggy on processing commands timely and when playing back recorded shows on that unit it stops and starts... I had suspected a bad hard drive but if you back up the recording and play it when the unit is behaving well it plays back fine. Maybe the 1TB replacement hard drive is fragmented but not sure (does not explain why commands like changing channels or functions lag...).

If you play a video from the other machine on the machine having the issues, it plays just fine. Weird. Have rebooted and power cycled with no change in behavior. Any ideas or similar stories and resolution from others??
post #7287 of 7531 Old 04-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Unless the new buyer uses the same cable company & is in the same district as you, this idea of yours will not work & the new buyer could hijack your online account. I would reconsider your offer. jmo
That does not sound right as I know other members had one account with multiple units in different locales.

The cable card info paired to the unit controls what the device can "see" as to available channels. You do not have to have the units on the internet to work standalone for normal operation; even the Mates will work without internet but must be on the same LAN to "see" the Moxi to access channels and playback recordings. You can try this yourself by removing the Ethernet connection and use it just as a playback for the attached display device.
post #7288 of 7531 Old 04-28-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
That does not sound right as I know other members had one account with multiple units in different locales.

The cable card info paired to the unit controls what the device can "see" as to available channels. You do not have to have the units on the internet to work standalone for normal operation; even the Mates will work without internet but must be on the same LAN to "see" the Moxi to access channels and playback recordings. You can try this yourself by removing the Ethernet connection and use it just as a playback for the attached display device.
I was not aware you could have 2 different Moxie's set up on your online account. Can the 2 Moxi's be set to have the guide work on both if the Moxi's are in areas that use different cable providers?

If yes then I stand corrected.

Of course assuming the answer is yes, you will do the setup for the new Moxi & not reveal your login info to the new Moxi owner? This is what I was referring to with my hijack comment. If you gave the new Moxi owner your login info he could then change the password without you knowing & then you would be $ hit out of luck.
post #7289 of 7531 Old 04-28-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Ummm -- I don't think so. You can't even get to pairing a new CC with a Moxi without having it linked to one's Moxi account. And having an account is required for activation/linking.

It's within one's account where you can change locales for specific Moxis.

JMHO, but a Moxi that's not activated/linked to an account is a brick. You could certainly watch any previously recorded content, but you can't record anything new.
post #7290 of 7531 Old 04-28-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Now for the real reason I looked at this thread today....

I have one of my two 3 Tuner Moxi's acting buggy on processing commands timely and when playing back recorded shows on that unit it stops and starts... I had suspected a bad hard drive but if you back up the recording and play it when the unit is behaving well it plays back fine. Maybe the 1TB replacement hard drive is fragmented but not sure (does not explain why commands like changing channels or functions lag...).

If you play a video from the other machine on the machine having the issues, it plays just fine. Weird. Have rebooted and power cycled with no change in behavior. Any ideas or similar stories and resolution from others??
I've had that kind of flakiness when there's a hard drive problem. I've also seen it -- particularly the lag time processing commands -- when the hard drive is pretty full and when having the internal drive connected through an external docking device rather than installed in the box.

Any idea how old your hard drive is? If you've not already done so, try rebooting three times in a row allowing it to fully boot each time & make sure there are no recordings scheduled for when you do it --hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me I recall that every third reboot does a more thorough drive check.

Good luck! If you have stuff on the drive you don't want to lose by replacing the hard drive, you can clone your existing drive. In the past, I had concerns that cloning a problematic drive might bring those problems to the new drive, but I've not run into that any of the times I've cloned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page