Moxi HD DVR - Page 245 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 177Likes

post #7321 of 7529 Old 12-14-2018, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have my Moxi and two mates that have been sitting unused for a few years. Is there any market for these units nowadays? I would rather find them a good home than just dumping them in the garbage since they are in good working condition.
Moxi4Ever likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7322 of 7529 Old 02-07-2019, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Guide not updating

Is anyone else's guide not updating anymore? I have two MOXI's and neither one is updating. Last updates were Jan 30 for one and Jan 31 for the other. When I try to do a manual update I get Failed to connect to Moxi service. I tried two different internet connections so it's not ISP. I've rebooted everything and have reset my channel list on the Moxi portal.

Any one else or any thoughts as why I'm not updating?
sslund likes this.
post #7323 of 7529 Old 02-07-2019, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Same issue here with scheduling guide as Bodow describes.

Has not updated past Jan 13, even though online scheduling list shows up to Jan 18.

Same error message on manual update.

Is this happening with others?

Please help.
sslund likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7324 of 7529 Old 02-07-2019, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Guide Not Updating

Ugh - sorry to report same here. I go the "Failed" message after 10+ minutes of a manual update trying & trying & trying.

Possible there's a server issue that will be resolved -- I'll keep checking along with everyone else. Yikes.

Yikes.
post #7325 of 7529 Old 02-07-2019, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2869 Post(s)
Liked: 3693
I may be wrong, but I thought ARRIS announced they would no longer be supporting the unit and left it up to the CATV providers .. ??
sslund likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #7326 of 7529 Old 02-07-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I may be wrong, but I thought ARRIS announced they would no longer be supporting the unit and left it up to the CATV providers .. ??
Yes & no. On 8/5/2016, Moxi announced end of hardware & software support effective 8/12/2016. The notice specified that the Guide would continue. IIRC, some folks shared exchanges they had with Support before the lights were turned out that indicated there was no plan to stop guide service or OS download for new HDDs at that time. They even sent me - gratis - two replacement remotes.

Flash forward: the OS download continued to work until sometime after 5/2018 -- we know for sure it was gone sometime in 10/2018. I had initially hoped it was just some server glitch or something -- Moxi online access had issues a time or two after the end of support that were always resolved -- but the OS download never came back AFAIK (I continued to try until sometime in December).

These are retail Moxis, so they never received EPG data from CableCos. AFAIK, there is no way to have some other EPG (I use Schedules Direct for other equipment) to provide guide data to the Moxi.

I'm pretty bummed there was no notice of EPG data ending but grateful bodow & zzippy let us know. We live in a Spectrum (formerly TWC) market & while TWC used to have a whole house DVR solution, that went away here when TWC became Spectrum & hasn't been replaced.

If this isn't some kind of temporary glitch (no optimism here), I hope folks will discuss what solutions they will be transitioning to.

We started transitioning to TiVo back in December, but it's a pricey transition & we're only half way there . . . and it's an imperfect solution. While there are some things I really like about TiVo, there are problems that are flatly unacceptable to me given the cost. I've been beyond glad we still had the Moxis because of mysterious & inexplicable OnePass TiVo recording failures.

Ugh.
post #7327 of 7529 Old 02-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodow View Post
Is anyone else's guide not updating anymore? I have two MOXI's and neither one is updating. Last updates were Jan 30 for one and Jan 31 for the other. When I try to do a manual update I get Failed to connect to Moxi service. I tried two different internet connections so it's not ISP. I've rebooted everything and have reset my channel list on the Moxi portal.

Any one else or any thoughts as why I'm not updating?
my guide updated just fine this morning. However, someone recently said they had this listings update issue and I told them to change the guide on the moxi site and change it back and that worked out good for them. good luck.
post #7328 of 7529 Old 02-07-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
my guide updated just fine this morning. However, someone recently said they had this listings update issue and I told them to change the guide on the moxi site and change it back and that worked out good for them. good luck.
Yeah, I had tried that. Even set it to a different provider in my area, did an update to clear out old data, and then set it back to my actual provider (spectrum) and no luck.
sslund likes this.
post #7329 of 7529 Old 02-07-2019, 10:24 PM

I reached out to Arris support tonight. Back in 2016 when we could no longer register new MOXI's anymore they helped get that resolved. Hopefully they can fix this. I looked at my guide tonight and it expires Tuesday. After that it's pretty much a boat anchor. I'll let you all know if\when they respond.
post #7330 of 7529 Old 02-08-2019, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
I reached out to Arris support tonight. Back in 2016 when we could no longer register new MOXI's anymore they helped get that resolved. Hopefully they can fix this. I looked at my guide tonight and it expires Tuesday. After that it's pretty much a boat anchor. I'll let you all know if\when they respond.

Arris sold Moxi to Espial in 2016 and no longer has anything to do with it. You will need to contact Espial but they mainly deal with cable companies and not retail owners.
Here was the announcement from Arris about the sale and end of life support.
https://espial.com/news/espial-annou...rm-from-arris/
https://www.arris.com/company/moxi/
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hd...l#post53275082

There is a page on Espial website for login but this maybe for cable company customers.
https://espial.moxi.com/login.jsp

My cable company is using the Arris Whole Home solution with Moxi and they are switching over to TiVo as they are having to many issues with the Moxi UI anymore.

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #7331 of 7529 Old 02-08-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
Arris sold Moxi to Espial in 2016 and no longer has anything to do with it. You will need to contact Espial but they mainly deal with cable companies and not retail owners.
Here was the announcement from Arris about the sale and end of life support.
https://espial.com/news/espial-annou...rm-from-arris/
https://www.arris.com/company/moxi/
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hd...l#post53275082

There is a page on Espial website for login but this maybe for cable company customers.

My cable company is using the Arris Whole Home solution with Moxi and they are switching over to TiVo as they are having to many issues with the Moxi UI anymore.
Only reason why I question that is because Arris still houses the moxi portal https://www.arris.com/company/moxi/ and any changes made there do propagate down tot the moxi.
post #7332 of 7529 Old 02-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Only reason why I question that is because Arris still houses the moxi portal https://www.arris.com/company/moxi/ and any changes made there do propagate down tot the moxi.
Did you try logging into your Moxi account at Espial as Espial bought all that from Arris?
https://accounts.moxi.com/login.jsp

If you notice that the log in pages are the same layout and color and if you notice the Arris one has a date of 2012. As I stated in previous posts my contact at my local cable company has to use the Espial portal to log into their customers accounts and they have been doing that for 2 years now.

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #7333 of 7529 Old 02-08-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
Did you try logging into your Moxi account at Espial as Espial bought all that from Arris?
https://accounts.moxi.com/login.jsp

If you notice that the log in pages are the same layout and color and if you notice the Arris one has a date of 2012. As I stated in previous posts my contact at my local cable company has to use the Espial portal to log into their customers accounts and they have been doing that for 2 years now.
I can log on to https://accounts.moxi.com/login.jsp, but not https://espial.moxi.com/login.jsp. Getting the feeling we are just boned...
post #7334 of 7529 Old 02-08-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Getting the feeling we are just boned...
Seems that way -- I'm still not able to get the EPG to update. All 3 of ours last updated during the wee morning hours on 1/31/2019, so it seems like at least in the Pacific Northwest, the plug was pulled effective 2/1/2019. As of about 1 PM Tuesday, it seems I'll have 3 big bricks (Moxis) & 3 little ones (Mates)
post #7335 of 7529 Old 02-09-2019, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Via accounts.moxi.com the guide data goes until 2/21/2019.

The disappearance of FFP/load-new-OS function seems to correspond with the date when Arris got acquired recently, or when acquisition was announced.

Maybe the web EPG will continue for longer than the on-moxi EPG.
Seems tuning would continue to work: on local comcast system, seems moxi could continue as now to render the OTA channels in HD, and non-OTA channels in SD. That would save $7 cost for one HD-DTA.
Seems moxi-mates could still allow tuning&rendering HD-OTA or SD cable channels on multiple TVs, saving $7 times the number of moxi-mates. For me that's $21 monthly total so far.
Also seems we can continue to avoid paying HD technology fee while retaining ability to decode/rendering the HD local channels. Same as now. Saving another $10 per month. $31 saved monthly.

So the 5 of us still running these moxi boxes can perhaps continue with our $155 total savings across USA per month, even without the local EPG, if we so choose.

Shall we gofund a prize or statue to commemorate the LAST FUNCTIONING MOXI OWNER? HE IS LEGEND !
post #7336 of 7529 Old 02-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 55
well, I'm in a spectrum area too so I'm not sure why yours isn't updating. in the diagnostics menu on the box, does your network say active for everything? you may want to try rebooting your modem and if that doesn't work, connect it directly to the modem.
post #7337 of 7529 Old 02-09-2019, 03:12 PM

So here is everything I've done to try and get this to work.

First I'm on Spectrum (Charter) I've rebooted the modem and also hooked directly to the modem. I didn't think that would work since I had already tried tethering to my mobile data network (Verizon) and the guide still wouldn't update.

All diagnostic screens show active and show the correct provider and IP address.

Multiple reboots of Moxi and the switched digital video box. I knew SDV reboot would't work, but you have that glimmer of "maybe it's this, oh please let it be this!"

Tried to do online scheduling of a program though the portal and I can schedule everything up until the 12th (Tuesday) at 2:00 PM. After that I get "This selected show cannot be recorded as this channel is not available." This last thing is what scares me. That leads me to believe that come Tuesday we won't even be able to watch live TV. I hope I'm wrong, but I know when I was first setting up my Moxi as the guide was building I couldn't watch channels that didn't have any guide data.

So assuming this doesn't get fixed what is everyone switching to? I tried to look at a Tivo today, but no store had any that worked with cable. I called Charter in my area and they STILL only have a two tuner model that doesn't connect to any other DVR. I asked them what's it like having a DVR made last millennium? She said they are focusing on streaming and the Spectrum app now and probably won't even have DVR's in a few years...

On a side note in my search for a Tivo I went to Best Buy and when I asked the 12 year old working the Video area for a DVR he looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. I said like a Tivo. He said "oh I think we have a few back here" They were OTA or streaming ones only. None took a cable card.

The times they are a changing...
Hawk521, sslund and Moxi4Ever like this.
post #7338 of 7529 Old 02-09-2019, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
FWIW, my Moxi won't update its guide beyond early Tuesday, Feb 12. Just noticed it today when I went to review my recordings setup for next week. Manual attempt to download/update the program guide failed on multiple attempts.

Reset the Moxi and Tuning Adapter but nothing improved.

Looks like we are screwed unless whoever holds the keys to the program guide turns it back on. The Moxi has been a blessing for the past 8 or so years. It would be truly sad that the current owners of whatever is left of the Moxi world has chosen to pull the plug on the remaining loyal Moxi owners.

Perhaps our concerns will be resolved by someone, somewhere rebooting that server that controls our program guide. It seems incredible to believe they would just quietly pull the plug on the Moxi world without so much as a courtesy notification. Either way it will be a bitter end to what has been a relatively trouble free venture in user DVRs.

My next move will most likely be to cut the cord and migrate to Youtube TV or DirectTV Now for my viewing/recording needs. As best as I understand it, Youtube TV provides unlimited recording, although there is a time limit on how long they will hold them. Anyone know if you can fast forward over commercials on Youtube TV or DirectTV Now?
sslund likes this.
post #7339 of 7529 Old 02-09-2019, 06:36 PM

Ditto everything Bodow posted -- including the live TV concerns -- except I don't have a TA for SDV in the mix. Also, I did try connecting one Moxi directly to the router after yet another full reboot with no luck.

Bodow -- thanks for sharing your experiences & comments. I think those of us who want DVRs for time shifting and the ability to completely skip commercials -- no matter how inelegantly -- are either ahead of or behind the curve (likely behind). My dd has been out of the house for a decade now & manages without cable or a DVR. Back in December when I got serious about looking at options, my ultra-techie soon-to-be son-in-law went through everything (including HTPC set-ups, streaming, cloud DVR things like YouTube TV, Sling, etc., etc, etc.) before deciding that at this time, TiVo was really the only thing that would come close to filling our need where we live. <sigh>

Dz2k - I'm wondering if you have any more ideas as to what the magic X factor is in your setup that's allowing your guide to continue to update?

I'm also in a Spectrum (formerly TWC) market & their DVRs remain pure crap here. We started the transition to TiVo in late December because after looking at the options, it's really the only option for us (mountain rural area). Lots of people have gone the cord-cutting/streaming option, but that just won't work for us, and neither does OTA. I'd love to be able to ditch Spectrum because it is beyond my last nerve, but local friends with DISH or DirectTV say weather signal interruptions aren't uncommon here at all.

So, for various reasons, I opted to start out with two refurbed all in Roamio Pros. I'm still new to them -- my dh, who is extremely change-aversive hasn't so much as touched the remote yet. Guess that will change Tuesday.

I'm holding off on further transition for now & hoping something other than TiVo comes along that will work for us. While TiVo has some good things, there are some pretty unacceptable-to-me warts at this point that are preventing me from investing further (once I save more).

Which is why I was hopeful about tveli's comments about live TV even absent DVR functionality -- and I'm still hoping. But, I seem to recall the Guide being required for live TV as well. Hades will freeze over before I pay Spectrum even one penny more for crappy overpriced equipment, so we're looking at losing TV in four rooms come Tuesday. Two of the rooms were gravy & live TV really won't be missed much, but losing live TV in the other two is going to hurt. But, that loss will hurt less than giving Spectrum more money for crappy overpriced equipment with ugly user-unfriendly guides & crappy closed-caption settings.

True story: at age 71, my dh will finally be retiring in June & we are considering relocating. I'm dead serious when I say one of the factors we'll be looking at is a way to get Spectrum cable out of our lives. I can't remember who bought who when, but we've had cable TV here since 1988 and never had significant complaints until TWC became Spectrum. Since then, it's been nothing but one rip-off after another after another.

I kind of always thought DVR companies missed the boat by not selling cloud storage space -- I'd be very willing to pay a decent amount for cloud storage that works with a whole house DVR solution. Perhaps that - plus commercial skip (rather than the crap fewer commercials OnDemand & streaming force) - is a direction we'll see YouTube TV or Sling DVR head in the future?
post #7340 of 7529 Old 02-09-2019, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Same issue for me. Last updated Jan 31st. I'm on Spectrum (formerly TWC) with cable card. Two Moxi 3 tuners... waiting to see what Tuesday Feb 12th brings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190209_193535607_1549772199942.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	2523116  
post #7341 of 7529 Old 02-09-2019, 08:26 PM

On Friday, I posted a message to Arris at a corporate level. Several hours later, I was contacted via email by a Arris program manager (They probably told him make this go away!). He responded with the typical EOL message.

There was a phone number that looked different than the others I have used so I called. Gregory (an expat Aussie) seemed easy to talk to but again tried the EOL angle. Hook set now to reel him in.

I ran him through the EOL message where it terminates hardware and software support BUT “you should still be able to enjoy a variety of entertainment on your Moxi device through the guide and video service”.

He said yes it looks like you are correct and I work on this until it is resolved. He did mention that he did not know the particulars of the Moxi Service but he would do what it takes to resolve this. We have exchanged several messages including an attachment to the director of video services. I do have his direct number and won’t hesitate to call him and rattle the cage as time draws near.

As I discussed with him, this is probably a simple fix (router setting, switch misconfiguration, etc) that is denying our devices to access the service. The manual update ends with a message that shows home network and internet active but Moxi Service failed.

I never gave much thought to how the update worked. It just worked and life was good but now I have been giving it a lot more thought.

I always thought that the update was a push (as in push/pull) to our Moxi boxes. I now believe the update was a pull from our boxes to Arris that would fetch any new scheduling data. It was probably doing this every night but if the schedule was not updated on Arris then we sometimes would not see an update for a few days. Logging into Arris does show an updated guide of Feb 18 as of today so the schedule is still there.

I now believe the automatic update on our devices is running into the same problem as we see in the manual update (and would probably say so if we could see the logs). The automatic update has been bouncing off the Arris network since Jan 31. Most likely a network misconfigurtion at Arris. I will be sending Gregory my thoughts on this so he can pass it on to his contact in video service.

I hope we have some light at the end of the tunnel and will keep everyone updated.
sslund, dmusoke and Moxi4Ever like this.
post #7342 of 7529 Old 02-09-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzippy View Post
On Friday, I posted a message to Arris at a corporate level. Several hours later, I was contacted via email by a Arris program manager (They probably told him make this go away!). He responded with the typical EOL message.

There was a phone number that looked different than the others I have used so I called. Gregory (an expat Aussie) seemed easy to talk to but again tried the EOL angle. Hook set now to reel him in.

I ran him through the EOL message where it terminates hardware and software support BUT “you should still be able to enjoy a variety of entertainment on your Moxi device through the guide and video service”.

He said yes it looks like you are correct and I work on this until it is resolved. He did mention that he did not know the particulars of the Moxi Service but he would do what it takes to resolve this. We have exchanged several messages including an attachment to the director of video services. I do have his direct number and won’t hesitate to call him and rattle the cage as time draws near.

As I discussed with him, this is probably a simple fix (router setting, switch misconfiguration, etc) that is denying our devices to access the service. The manual update ends with a message that shows home network and internet active but Moxi Service failed.

I never gave much thought to how the update worked. It just worked and life was good but now I have been giving it a lot more thought.

I always thought that the update was a push (as in push/pull) to our Moxi boxes. I now believe the update was a pull from our boxes to Arris that would fetch any new scheduling data. It was probably doing this every night but if the schedule was not updated on Arris then we sometimes would not see an update for a few days. Logging into Arris does show an updated guide of Feb 18 as of today so the schedule is still there.

I now believe the automatic update on our devices is running into the same problem as we see in the manual update (and would probably say so if we could see the logs). The automatic update has been bouncing off the Arris network since Jan 31. Most likely a network misconfigurtion at Arris. I will be sending Gregory my thoughts on this so he can pass it on to his contact in video service.

I hope we have some light at the end of the tunnel and will keep everyone updated.
How funny. I had forwarded the email Arris sent on August 5 2016 back to hem with that sentence in bold asking if this was no longer the case and I was waiting to hear back from them. I was going to start making calls Monday morning. Well done on your tenacity!
sslund and Moxi4Ever like this.

Last edited by bodow; 02-10-2019 at 06:31 AM.
post #7343 of 7529 Old 02-10-2019, 12:58 AM

Yes, bravo! Here's hoping for success!
post #7344 of 7529 Old 02-10-2019, 03:37 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Tenacity apparently helps

The last time we went through this I pestered the H*LL out of them via email. The EOL noise became a circular waste of time but I kept dinging on them. I think that this was the last time the login at the moxi site stopped working. I heard all about how it wasn't their problem, ad nauseum. I also started "making noise" about legal obligations, the EOL statement and the point about the guide being maintained. About a week later it started working again.

In one of the other threads didn't someone state that the actual guide information had already been moved to a non-Arris source?

I can't get to the moxi right now, my wife is watching some soft porn vampire garbage on the streamer. I've always had a short fuse on programming, never, ever more than a couple weeks. I setup a recording mid-last week and it still seemed to be about the same time limit. We're on Comcast around the ATL on one of the old Adelphia tumors they bought out and that's required we get very specific cablecards...but it's still working. I'll check the guide update status when she's done or after my work shift ends and update.

I had been reading some of the commentary about trying to build a bootable thumb drive and stumbled on an obscure thread about the Moxi line. From that dialog it seemed that the USB on the Moxi wasn't fully enabled and that certain operations never would work. I'll still probably give it a whirl, I've already downloaded the most recent firmware floating around out there. Don' cost nothin' I've got two of the buggers, it would be nice for them to keep their word.

MrVXT
post #7345 of 7529 Old 02-10-2019, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Testing via moxi-mate this morning gave results consistent with the channels remaining known and tunable after/if the guide data disappears forever this week.

It's easiest to just wait a couple days, but we could get more data today if someone with a functioning moxi is willing to do various factory-resets, possibly sacrificing their last couple days of DVR service as well as their saved recordings. One question for which we might find an answer: Will the moxi know its zip code or re-learn the channels which cablecard authorizes, and/or re-pair the cablecard properly, if it is reset via various reset methods?

The new company which acquired Arris probably has different infosec rules, different network perimeter & firewall & SBC setups, better network security. Even CEO/executive-VP/CTO/board-member of Arris may not be able to override the acquiring company's infosec & network-security policies without presenting a compelling big-$ business case.

Comcast former adelphia here too. No real problems with cablecards except the expected pairing issues with rookie-to-cablecard techs.

I have owned almost every HD-DVR since the oldest one, the Zenith HDR230 and windows-media-controller. My current leading-edge solution is Tabl6o. I concur with uber-nerd son-in-laws who advise that Tivo is what us cable-customers need if cable-channel content is to be fair-used arbitrarily.

An interim solution that may be son-in-law approved is to DVR OTA only via tablo/recast/HDhomerun. These OTA-on-wifi DVRs really are sweet and the way to go for those of us who used to own bunches of S-VHS vcrs - or super-beta VCRs.

Then for the more elusive spousal approval, consider to build her a solution using an HD-DTA or SD-DTA. No cable-DVR. HD for OTA channels via cable only - the locals should remain in HD even if you pay no HD-tech fee. Consider 'limited-basic' service if it includes the her requisite TV shows with the horny vampires and vampiras. For HD on subscribed-cable-channels, consider to show spouse how to stream HD direct from content provider using content-provider/non-xfinity app. Probably she never really cared about HD vs SD and may prefer to watch via SD-DTA in future.

Summary:
1. Dump the DVR function for cable-channels. Record OTA only.
2. Avoid X1.
3. Provide an HD-DTA and a streaming-app and easy/one-button method to "change inputs" so that spouse may view whichever shows/channels via either HD-DTA or roku/streaming-device/xfinity-beta-streaming.
4. Provide OTA DVR, something like Tablo or recast or hdHomerun.
5. Provide iPad or other tablet/portable-streaming device as well as making each existing TV setup streaming-capable.
6. Consider emitting vampire or dragon noises while demonstrating the new setup so that even if the demo fails it might end happily with some other sort of spousal approval.
post #7346 of 7529 Old 02-10-2019, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Program Guide Issue

So I logged into the online account manager and went to the online guide. I have dates up to 2/22 so I tried to schedule a recording in the future, but it told me that the channel doesn't exist. While the program guide online is up to date, it looks like since it can't see the info on the Moxi (mine ends 2/12 @4pm) it won't let you schedule anything.

I hope they get this fixed before Tuesday or else I guess I'll have to shop for a new DVR (Really didn't want to have to get one from Tivo or Fios).
post #7347 of 7529 Old 02-10-2019, 04:18 PM

I prefer "sticktoitiveness" rather than tenacity. Suits my southern sensibilities better!

Also helps to be a bit creative in finding resources. And having a helpful Aussie at Arris!

Going back through the messages there seemed to be some indication that the update was still working on Spectrum. Whoever mentioned that please verify for me as that is a wrinkle in the network glitch pull theory.

Espial
If the Moxi schedule update had been moved to Espial why would we still have access to Moxi.com through the Arris EOL page? I believe we (the retail Moxis) did not move to Espial and the channel list, update and our update problem still lie at Arris.

I will be sending Gregory my thoughts on the problem as I have related to you so can get it to the video dept.

I will be offering the Arris video dept my services to test a manual update. As soon as it is verified to be operating correctly, I will post it here so we can get multiple verifications.
post #7348 of 7529 Old 02-10-2019, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My EPG guide on my moxi expired today. The online EPG still works. I am on spectrum tv and I live in Suwanee GA 2 miles from arris office. That being said the moxi works just fine without EPG as far as live channels go all the channels are HD and no issues playing pausing going back and forward. What we lost is the recording capability on the moxi itself and online even though the online guide still works. Also you don't know what show are you watching or what comes next. Should I go and pay them a visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzippy View Post
I prefer "sticktoitiveness" rather than tenacity. Suits my southern sensibilities better!

Also helps to be a bit creative in finding resources. And having a helpful Aussie at Arris!

Going back through the messages there seemed to be some indication that the update was still working on Spectrum. Whoever mentioned that please verify for me as that is a wrinkle in the network glitch pull theory.

Espial
If the Moxi schedule update had been moved to Espial why would we still have access to Moxi.com through the Arris EOL page? I believe we (the retail Moxis) did not move to Espial and the channel list, update and our update problem still lie at Arris.

I will be sending Gregory my thoughts on the problem as I have related to you so can get it to the video dept.

I will be offering the Arris video dept my services to test a manual update. As soon as it is verified to be operating correctly, I will post it here so we can get multiple verifications.
post #7349 of 7529 Old 02-10-2019, 07:24 PM

Lets give Gregory a chance tomorrow to get this resolved.

If we still haven't fixed this on Tuesday, let 'er rip with a visit
post #7350 of 7529 Old 02-10-2019, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Same here...

This morning I hijacked the Moxi and checked. The program guide last successfully downloaded 1/31, I forget what time. I tried to force a guide refresh and it circled the drain for a while and failed. It reverted back to the 1/31 data. This evening I logged onto my account at the Moxi site (which seemed to work flawlessly). About two months ago someone posted that they had had trouble getting a guide download and suggested changing the guide setting at the Moxi site and retrying after setting it back to the correct data. I realized that my account didn't have the correct address so I updated and corrected the location. I'll try to request the program guide download in a bit.

I've been searching here and other web locations but I can't find the name of the company or source they're using now for the program guide. It wasn't from/through the Moxi site or from Arris... I thought I had read it on one of the forum pages here but that's a LOT of posts to wade through. Searching this thread, alone, returns eight pages of hits for the word "guide" so that's more work time than I can spare during my shift. The issue with downloading the guide seems widespread enough that I'm not, YET, pointing any fingers at Comcast alone...although two of us are clearly on the same ex-Adelphia link. I suppose, just like with the MPEG4 debacle, Comcast could have neutered the program guide trying to force X1 on us. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Comquat has bent their customers over.

Hopefully this will resolve. I was able to look at guide data through Saturday but I can only "see" two recordings scheduled for this coming week. That's the main reason I got the darn thing anyway, to record the stuff we can't stay up 24X7 to watch.

MrVXT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page