Hi dz2k - thanks for the response. Is your Moxi EPG still up-to-date? If so, you're the only one who's posted from around the US who is still golden.
I'm assuming you meant Moxi instead of cable boxes below?
Here are my results.
Data is updated through 2/23 for my ZIP code at Gracenote as is Moxi Online Scheduling.
1. Unplugged Moxi for 5 mins; no TA here because we aren't a SDV market.
2. Plugged Moxi back in. EPG still not updated & forcing a manual update fails as before. After +/- 10 mins, error is "Failed to connect to Moxi service" with both home network & Internet connections Active.
3. All channels appear to come in correctly -- we have several hundred & I checked several in each tier including all premium channels.
4. Called TWC & got to CC supervisor. All CC on our account show as properly paired & operating correctly & that if channels are coming in, the problem isn't with the CC. He was willing to humor me, though, and we IDed the specific CC for one of the Moxis by CC serial # & he sent the hit(s).
5. EPG still ends about 1 PM tomorrow & trying to force a manual guide update still fails as above.
With nothing left to lose since EPG ends in about 24 hours, I changed my cable provider in My Account at Moxi Online for that Moxi to a non-Spectrum cableco about 1200 miles away (Sony San Francisco) -- that change correctly appeared on that Moxi. I then tried both Update Moxi & Update Program Guide, both of which failed after +/- 10 minutes to make any change at all to the EPG. The channel lineup didn't change (in spite of the cableco change being received by the Moxi box) & the EPG data still ends in about 24 hours. <sigh> Rebooted Moxi & tried again with no change.
To me who knows nothing, it seems as though the Moxi server isn't responding to requests from Moxi boxes although a server still sends stuff (like the cableco change) out to the Moxis.
Since you are still receiving updated EPG data, I wonder if it's possible there's more than one server that provides EPG data & you are on a "good" one while the rest of us posting are on a misbehaving server? Otherwise, I remain puzzled why things are still working for you & not for the rest of us?
Originally Posted by dz2k
it sounds like there are several people that didn't get the bi-weekly guide update and it stuck on the jan 31 update. that is the problem. I think there are about 2 weeks of data stored. try entering your zip code, etc. on the following site to see if you can view out to feb 23rd on https://tvlistings.gracenote.com/
. this is the source of the data. If that's updated, we have to figure out why you are not getting the update. I saw someone post a screenshot of the diagnostics screen that said failed for 1 category but someone else said all the diagnostics said active for them. don't be quick to ditch cable or you'll have a new set of problems. try below steps:
1 unplug power from your cable box and tuning adapter.
2 plug up the cable box, wait 3 min for it to get to the picture
3 plug up your tuning adapter and wait for the solid light.
4 tune to a few channels
5 call your cable provider and have them send hits to both your cable card and to your TA to get them to update and refresh data. the process was in one of the moxi faq guides.
6 report back