177Likes

post #7441 of 7531 Old 04-06-2019, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
Bad news. I went to schedule some recordings online and there was no option to do it. There's a message saying "On May 24th, 2019 we will be finalizing the end of support as we are no longer able to continue offering data services to these boxes." aka, we got screwed.
Well, that's disappointing -- thanks for the head's up. FWIW, I'm still able to schedule recordings right now but do see the message when I log out of my account:
Thank you for your loyalty to Moxi over the past 11 years.

When we introduced Moxi in 2008, it was a groundbreaking service, and your support for the platform helped us pave the way to newer, more advanced entertainment services. That’s why we continued to support the Moxi experience for five years beyond its warranty.

On August 12th, 2016, we discontinued to offer hardware or software support and repair or return services for Moxi.

On May 24th, 2019 we will be finalizing the end of support as we are no longer able to continue offering data services to these boxes.

Thank you again for your ongoing support and passion for Moxi.

If you’re looking for continued DVR experience, please contact your local video service provider.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why have you stopped supporting Moxi now?

We’re proud to have supported Moxi for eight years beyond the warranty period.

However, ARRIS must turn its focus forward and invest in newer video technology to deliver the future of personalized and connected services.

Where can I get a more updated, fully supported device?

Please contact your video service provider’s sales department.
Hard to believe the data services are that difficult to provide to the boxes. Too bad they won't unlock (for lack of a better word) these old boxes so that we could use something Schedules Direct to serve the guide data for those of us still using our Moxis.

Last edited by sslund; 04-06-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7442 of 7531 Old 04-06-2019, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslund View Post
Well, that's disappointing -- thanks for the head's up. FWIW, I'm still able to schedule recordings right now but do see the message when I log out of my account:
Thank you for your loyalty to Moxi over the past 11 years.

When we introduced Moxi in 2008, it was a groundbreaking service, and your support for the platform helped us pave the way to newer, more advanced entertainment services. That’s why we continued to support the Moxi experience for five years beyond its warranty.

On August 12th, 2016, we discontinued to offer hardware or software support and repair or return services for Moxi.

On May 24th, 2019 we will be finalizing the end of support as we are no longer able to continue offering data services to these boxes.

Thank you again for your ongoing support and passion for Moxi.

If you’re looking for continued DVR experience, please contact your local video service provider.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why have you stopped supporting Moxi now?

We’re proud to have supported Moxi for eight years beyond the warranty period.

However, ARRIS must turn its focus forward and invest in newer video technology to deliver the future of personalized and connected services.

Where can I get a more updated, fully supported device?

Please contact your video service provider’s sales department.
Hard to believe the data services are that difficult to provide to the boxes. Too bad they won't unlock (for lack of a better word) these old boxes so that we could use something Schedules Direct to serve the guide data for those of us still using our Moxis.
please post the URL for online scheduling that you use.
post #7443 of 7531 Old 04-06-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
please post the URL for online scheduling that you use.
Same as always:
https://accounts.moxi.com/login.jsp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7444 of 7531 Old 04-06-2019, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That does work! thanks. Technically, gracenote provides the guide data and they were the contact for updating the guide so I would still try to contact them if needed in the future. I hope we can still use the moxi just like we have.

Last edited by dz2k; 04-08-2019 at 08:14 AM.
post #7445 of 7531 Old 04-08-2019, 12:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
That does work! thanks. Technically, gracenote (whomever bought them) provides the data and they were the contact for updating the guide so I guess this news means they won't do it anymore. I hope we can still use the moxi to watch tv.
Well THAT'S certainly an unwelcome and unpleasant way to start my workday! Thank you for the direct pointer to the Moxi account login page, I've always gone through http://www.moxi.com to login and they've pulled the link to the accounts from the splash page.

I can't complain too much, though. I've got 5+ years on our first Moxi 2-tuner with original 500GB disk (still, although it's really noisy) and 3+ on the 3-tuner, both bought used. Time, I guess, to build on another solution. I know I'm frustrated with the Moxi "state of affairs" so it'll be a move forward. I had just purchased replacement disks for both units but those can be used in the PC I end up loading PlayOn onto.

It was a good gig while it lasted.

<sigh>

MrVXT
tveli and sslund like this.
post #7446 of 7531 Old 04-12-2019, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 57
It sure was a good run with Moxi.

We have lots of Moxi recordings but we never watch them due to availability of so much content on other devices. I may power off Moxi forever soon and donate it to the Boston Computer Museum with some other relics.

Tablo 4-tuner has been OK but does not provide crucial items required for approval:
- Lifetime Channel live and on-demand
- One UI instead of 5 or more. (tablo, xfinity-stream, sling, locast, moxi.)

Last night I swapped Tablo out for AirTV, integrated into all the Sling apps.
(We have sling-blue but it is not required for free-guide and AirTV support.)

Soon I hope to have sufficient antenna/gain/preamp to run 3 OTA devices in parallel:
- AirTV
- Tablo 4-tuner
- HD homerun OTA version

Also probably will setup a HD-homerun-cablecard box with comcast 'choice tv' service for a while, to be able to view & record the many free-previews for HBO/skinemax/starz. Seem there is a new HD-homerun-with-cablecard-support about to be released. 6 tuners! Nice.

btw, have you ever tried the Moxie beverage? It does not provide a free channel & program guide, so I cannot recommend it. https://newengland.com/today/food/ne...-classic-soda/
sslund likes this.

Last edited by tveli; 04-12-2019 at 05:15 AM.
post #7447 of 7531 Old 04-15-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tveli View Post
It sure was a good run with Moxi.

We have lots of Moxi recordings but we never watch them due to availability of so much content on other devices. I may power off Moxi forever soon and donate it to the Boston Computer Museum with some other relics.
It sure was a good run! In spite of the nits, my Moxi purchases will go in the purchase category of No Regrets!

Since the writing was on the wall (for me, that was when the OS download needed to replace hard drives quit working), we started dabbling with TiVos since that was the only feasible option for us. It's been a mixed bag - some great, some good, some bad. But for us, the "bad" (far too much crappy guide data, no built-in DLNA server, etc.) will prevent the TiVo purchases from making it into the No Regrets purchase category.

Good luck to all finding alternatives for your beloved Moxis -- I'm envious of those who have options that will work better than the TiVo alternative is for us!

dz2k: I guess we'll find out what happens when the guide data ceases to exist. With no guide data & the absence of the ability of the Moxi to schedule manual recordings a la the old SD ReplayTV DVRs, I suspect the ability to schedule any recordings will be gone. I don't know about the ability to watch live TV if we keep paying for the CableCARDs, though -- I'd guess that & the ability to change channels might survive, although I don't know how helpful that would be without the EPG.

<sigh> It seems the end of an era is fast approaching.
tveli likes this.

Last edited by sslund; 04-17-2019 at 06:54 PM.
post #7448 of 7531 Old 04-18-2019, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It sure was a good run! In spite of the nits, my Moxi purchases will go in the purchase category of No Regrets!

Since the writing was on the wall (for me, that was when the OS download needed to replace hard drives quit working), we started dabbling with TiVos since that was the only feasible option for us. It's been a mixed bag - some great, some good, some bad. But for us, the "bad" (far too much crappy guide data, no built-in DLNA server, etc.) will prevent the TiVo purchases from making it into the No Regrets purchase category.

Good luck to all finding alternatives for your beloved Moxis -- I'm envious of those who have options that will work better than the TiVo alternative is for us!

dz2k: I guess we'll find out what happens when the guide data ceases to exist. With no guide data & the absence of the ability of the Moxi to schedule manual recordings a la the old SD ReplayTV DVRs, I suspect the ability to schedule any recordings will be gone. I don't know about the ability to watch live TV if we keep paying for the CableCARDs, though -- I'd guess that & the ability to change channels might survive, although I don't know how helpful that would be without the EPG.

I think it's wrong to take a few hundred moxi out of commission after branding this as a lifetime solution. We were able to keep it running on our end yet the powers that be are taking away their end of the deal. I can't commit to another setup like this. I'll keep the moxi around and as long as gracenote updates their channel listings website, we should be ok on the epg.
post #7449 of 7531 Old 04-20-2019, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Don't want to turn this into a Tivo thread but I do agree with you that there are too many guide errors. And the loss of DLNA was a downer but there is an alternative if you are using the legacy interface of the Tivo. Check out pyTivo. It allows you to backup your recordings(those that will allow it) and you can copy your digitally converted movies to the Tivo for viewing. It is actually using the same movie list as my Moxi does. I already had a media server so installing and setting up pyTivo was a nice alternative.
post #7450 of 7531 Old 04-22-2019, 01:07 AM

Quote:
I think it's wrong to take a few hundred moxi out of commission after branding this as a lifetime solution. We were able to keep it running on our end yet the powers that be are taking away their end of the deal. I can't commit to another setup like this. I'll keep the moxi around and as long as gracenote updates their channel listings website, we should be ok on the epg.

That does beg the question about "lifetime" vs lifetime and how that should be interpreted. While I acknowledge freely that I wasn't the original purchaser of either Moxi I own the "fee" was paid up-front. Now that I, too, am having the Tivo experience with the subscriptions, et al, the entry level price for the Moxi feels like a rip-off when "they" are eliminating even the most minimal support (eg: providing the guide so the units can continue until we can no longer cobble them back into working shape). Not providing or allowing a path to download the O/S or directions to do so manually also comes into question...it, essentially, kills any hint of "lifetime" without regard for the up-front "lifetime" purchase. I don't usually throw around discussion of legal action idly and I'm honestly not sure if the few remaining have any leverage if they're not original owners. One thing that the developers of the Moxi were "nice" about, they had a relatively easy path to keep our units online and registered and I feel that was due to the "lifetime" nature of the original purchase...until "they" took that away. Overall, though, I'm sure that any expense to ensure the guide and O/S download would eat into any money that the Moxi made...but how much could it be costing them...and why couldn't some alternative be offered? Everything about the Moxi was over the internet anyway. A good faith effort to open the kimono, so to speak, on how to download the O/S coupled with maintaining the accounts and guide seems a small outlay.

Changing trends in their industry, like moving to new CODECs and formats, do bring the future utility of our Moxis into question. So much of our modern technology is subject to planned obsolescence already. The PC I bought 10 years ago may still function but there are SO many limitations that will, eventually, bite us when we try to keep using them with current tools. I work with customers daily that are still using hardware and applications that are more than 10, 20 and more years old. The price to maintain that gear does increase over time but they're running their business with it... Consumer electronics like DVRs aren't usually considered "lifetime" investments but when you're asked to pay high admission fees for premium gear "normal" (IMHO) goes out the window. Another consideration is the mandatory CableCARD itself. Once the "future" for gear like ours the cable industry has diminished their use and the vendors have stopped making consumer equipment that use CableCARD technology...while locking us into their own appliances and eliminating the option of owning our own devices...which I feel has became a goal.

One major mistake that I feel has been repeated? The vehicle should still exist to communicate via our Moxi accounts and directly to registered Moxi units. Simply stating on the website that, "yes, Virginia, there IS an end" seems incomplete and short-sighted. If I hadn't gotten an alert from AVS Forum and looked at the latest additions to this thread I'd have had NO clue that the train was stopping mid-May. I do feel that Arris and whomever else has their hand in the Moxi pie should be communicating much more widely about their decision. I feel that the consumers who own their premium product are owed that much.

In reality I'm not sure that I really have a legitimate "dog in this hunt" anymore. I'm pursuing an alternative solution, for good or bad, but I do still own two Moxi and still have them registered. Once I finally get the folk at Tivo to acknowledge and fix the fact that my channel lineup isn't available both my Moxi units will probably go on the market for whatever that's worth. It is frustrating to compare the two units and realize just how easy it was to use the Moxi. Finding and figuring out how to get the Tivo to do the same, extremely simple, operations is proving to be ... interesting.

MrVXT
sslund likes this.
post #7451 of 7531 Old 04-24-2019, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Today I swapped my Moxi's old Scientific-Atlanta cablecard for an Arris cablecard at local office due to move to new zip code.
I updated the zip-code/location on accounts.moxi.com accordingly too.
Pairing via the overseas comcast rep took about 20 minutes and went smoothly.
Currently I am watching local channels in HD. Guide data seems fine. Zero issues are evident.

Seems this move-the-moxi process would not have worked had I tried it after the FINAL COUNTDOWN on May 24 .
After the moxi servers/VMs are defenestrated or uninstantiated on May 24, I expect/hope that MOXI will work fine for tuning the local HD channels and timeshifting live-TV from those channels - very useful for NFL and other sports.

sincerely,

The Dance-Band for RMS Titanic
sslund likes this.
post #7452 of 7531 Old 04-28-2019, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm joining the chorus of owners divesting of my Moxi equipment. Free to anyone who wants any all of these (requester pays shipping):

One Three Tuner Moxi - equipped with a 300GB drive - was in perfect working order when unplugged

Three Moxi Mates - two have power adapters one does not

One Moxi remote - unless I can find others and stuff them in the box as a surprise

I will dispose of them if I receive no requests by May 6, 2019.
post #7453 of 7531 Old 05-02-2019, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 32
So I'm just going to ask\suggest this. I know we have people on this board that have contacts at whoever owns MOXI now. Would they be willing to reach out to those contacts to see if we can buy the server and probably domain name? I was going to suggest this the last time it broke, but when it came back I figured we'd have more time. I know I would give some money to whoever wants to own\buy\maintain a server and domain name.

Last edited by bodow; 05-02-2019 at 03:03 PM.
post #7454 of 7531 Old 05-02-2019, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodow View Post
So I'm just going to ask\suggest this. I know we have people on this board that have contacts at whoever owns MOXI now. Would they be willing to reach out to those contacts to see if we can buy the server and probably domain name? I was going to suggest this the last time it broke, but when it came back I figured we'd have more time. I know I would give some money to whoever wants to own\buy\maintain a server and domain name.
I have to say that would be great. We would also be willing to pay for someone to own\buy\maintain a server and domain name in order to keep our Moxi working.

We tried Tivo the last time the guide went out and were not happy at all. It is a lot of extra stuff we don't need, a huge complication that is hard to maneuver after have the simplicity of the Moxi for so long.

MrVXT - After reading the terms and user agreement, I don't think we stand a chance with a class action lawsuit. Where did you see that it was billed as a "lifetime" solution? I am not finding any reference to that.
post #7455 of 7531 Old 05-03-2019, 04:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
+1. Espial is now the owner of MOXI now.
sslund likes this.
post #7456 of 7531 Old 05-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Do we have to load up on caffeine and cocaine to clear hard drives or can we unload at our leisure?
sslund likes this.
post #7457 of 7531 Old 05-04-2019, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aepicari View Post
I have to say that would be great. We would also be willing to pay for someone to own\buy\maintain a server and domain name in order to keep our Moxi working.

We tried Tivo the last time the guide went out and were not happy at all. It is a lot of extra stuff we don't need, a huge complication that is hard to maneuver after have the simplicity of the Moxi for so long.

MrVXT - After reading the terms and user agreement, I don't think we stand a chance with a class action lawsuit. Where did you see that it was billed as a "lifetime" solution? I am not finding any reference to that.
Although lifetime solution was, at some point, removed from the moxi website, it was once there. you can do a google search and see many reviews that will state just that.
post #7458 of 7531 Old 05-04-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post
Do we have to load up on caffeine and cocaine to clear hard drives or can we unload at our leisure?
I think doing it at your leisure should be fine :-) Although we're in uncharted territory, I expect no problems viewing content that's already recorded after 5/24/2019. At least, I hope that's the case!

I also think watching live TV, albeit without an EPG, is likely to still work. I don't think channel locations should change, although I suspect channel names will no longer appear in the decommissioned EPG. I don't know for sure, but if your cable channel lineup changes or if you move, I think the cable co should still be able to update the CABLECard.

What I suspect will cease to work is the ability to record. One of the Moxi nits (for me) was the inability to schedule a true manual record independent of the EPG. LOL -- I adapted & never really looked back, but . . .

My memory may be flawed but it seems to me at some point, I had a problem with the EPG not showing the correct channel name & the show info was basically blank (maybe TBA or something). I could watch whatever was on, but recording wasn't an option. In fact, I have a few channels now (that I don't watch) that tune in fine but cannot be recorded because there is no guide data for them.

OK, so I just tested. We have a channel called BabyFirst TV. The channel correctly appears in the EPG (correct channel # & call letters or whatever), but show data isn't there -- I don't watch that channel & never cared enough to contact Gracenote to get them to fix it. Anyway, it's impossible to record that channel . . . at all.

So, that's what I expect will happen when our guide data runs out: our Moxi DVRs will lose the recording function. Sigh. I really hope I'm wrong.

Maybe it's silly, but I was pleased to see the message show up on our Moxis a couple of days ago announcing the plug would be pulled - not everyone gets online to have seen the notice on the web site or here or other forums.

I don't know why Espial decided to pull the guide from us -- I can't imagine there's a substantial cost for them, but I think they legit expected our Moxis to give up the ghost long before this. Other equipment (i.e., the old SD ReplayTVs) had a mechanism to allow another provider to serve guide data when that company pulled the plug which is why those old things still work (and even without an EPG, they allowed a true manual record independent of the EPG), but AFAIK, there isn't any similar function with our Moxis.

Sigh
post #7459 of 7531 Old 05-05-2019, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I think doing it at your leisure should be fine :-) Although we're in uncharted territory, I expect no problems viewing content that's already recorded after 5/24/2019. At least, I hope that's the case!

I also think watching live TV, albeit without an EPG, is likely to still work. I don't think channel locations should change, although I suspect channel names will no longer appear in the decommissioned EPG. I don't know for sure, but if your cable channel lineup changes or if you move, I think the cable co should still be able to update the CABLECard.

What I suspect will cease to work is the ability to record. One of the Moxi nits (for me) was the inability to schedule a true manual record independent of the EPG. LOL -- I adapted & never really looked back, but . . .

My memory may be flawed but it seems to me at some point, I had a problem with the EPG not showing the correct channel name & the show info was basically blank (maybe TBA or something). I could watch whatever was on, but recording wasn't an option. In fact, I have a few channels now (that I don't watch) that tune in fine but cannot be recorded because there is no guide data for them.

OK, so I just tested. We have a channel called BabyFirst TV. The channel correctly appears in the EPG (correct channel # & call letters or whatever), but show data isn't there -- I don't watch that channel & never cared enough to contact Gracenote to get them to fix it. Anyway, it's impossible to record that channel . . . at all.

So, that's what I expect will happen when our guide data runs out: our Moxi DVRs will lose the recording function. Sigh. I really hope I'm wrong.

Maybe it's silly, but I was pleased to see the message show up on our Moxis a couple of days ago announcing the plug would be pulled - not everyone gets online to have seen the notice on the web site or here or other forums.

I don't know why Espial decided to pull the guide from us -- I can't imagine there's a substantial cost for them, but I think they legit expected our Moxis to give up the ghost long before this. Other equipment (i.e., the old SD ReplayTVs) had a mechanism to allow another provider to serve guide data when that company pulled the plug which is why those old things still work (and even without an EPG, they allowed a true manual record independent of the EPG), but AFAIK, there isn't any similar function with our Moxis.

Sigh
When did things change from losing moxi.com to losing EPG data?
post #7460 of 7531 Old 05-05-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xignals View Post
When did things change from losing moxi.com to losing EPG data?
For me, that's been the only issue since the early April announcement of the end of data services to the Moxi boxes 5/24/2019. I know some people use Moxi.com regularly, but for me, the issue was that since EPG delivery to the Moxi boxes is a data service, that will remove the recording aspect of the DVR.

Do others interpret EPG delivery as something other than a data service? Maybe I'm wrong & it's happily just the Moxi.com interface that will end 5/24/2019!

Last edited by sslund; 05-05-2019 at 04:23 PM.
post #7461 of 7531 Old 05-05-2019, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just a thought... If Moxi was sold to Espial then why is Espial being so quiet? moxi.com is registered to them. digeo.com and dgosvc.com are registered to them. So why is "Arris" the one contacting us? Aren't they responsible as the owners now?
post #7462 of 7531 Old 05-06-2019, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Preparing to order 6 tuner from WOW. Did a monthly cost analysis and came up with $5 for MOXI and $25 for WOW box.
Sure feel like there was some toothpaste left in this tube.
post #7463 of 7531 Old 05-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Wow looks weird but i probably havent found the right info yet. Its available only in a few regions?

For those who want to see a preview of what moxi will be like after june 7 when all guide data has expired, just unplug it from ethernet now or any day before May 24. I expect it will be a decent timeshifting and freezeframing device for live tv and sports, and spousally approvable.
post #7464 of 7531 Old 05-09-2019, 01:37 PM

I reached out to Espia today to see if they would be interested in a few options to keep our MOXI's alive. I'll let you know what they say. I figure it never hurts to ask
sslund, TeeJay1952 and MrVXT like this.
post #7465 of 7531 Old 05-11-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
I reached out to Espia today to see if they would be interested in a few options to keep our MOXI's alive. I'll let you know what they say. I figure it never hurts to ask
Yes, it was semi-amusing to see that, magically, "they" CAN still get the giblets working well enough to broadcast "messages" to our Moxis. Machts nichts...for me the deed is done and I can confirm that there's worse support out there than NO support. I've been fighting with the TiVo kiddies for close to four weeks now because our channel lineup is NOT available when specifying our zipcode (the exact one or one close that should show it). I provided them the correct name and, recently, checked Zap2IT.com and validated what I gave them. It actually doesn't help that I've worked doing a very similar job for 30+ years and I'd be unemployed if my service sucked that badly.

It's frustrating when your preferred solution works almost seamlessly and its replacement requires begging, pleading and special handholding to make things work correctly. <sigh> I'll see how it goes. The up-side is the regular TV season is almost over so, hopefully, things will get squared away before the summer replacements and continuations fire up.
post #7466 of 7531 Old 05-13-2019, 06:57 PM

I heard back from Espial today. They said this is all Arris. I'll try to reach out to them. Once again I'll keep everyone posted.
sslund and boiler_maker like this.
post #7467 of 7531 Old 05-14-2019, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

My moxi had been disconnected from ethernet for last couple weeks, but today I hooked it up and refreshed guide successfully, i think it filled in until our moxi-doomsday May 24 .

Au Revoir, Moxi Mavens !

Thanks for all the fish.
post #7468 of 7531 Old 05-14-2019, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm still getting listings until 5/26/2019 2 PM.
tveli likes this.
post #7469 of 7531 Old 05-15-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Jedi View Post
I'm still getting listings until 5/26/2019 2 PM.
I think what will happen is like last time when data services failed. You'll get about two weeks of guide data from the last update and then it's dead.

And in other bad news Arris has also said thanks,but no thanks to my offers so... RIP MOXI
post #7470 of 7531 Old 05-15-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I think what will happen is like last time when data services failed. You'll get about two weeks of guide data from the last update and then it's dead.

And in other bad news Arris has also said thanks,but no thanks to my offers so... RIP MOXI
Thanks for the effort!

Ugh - I'm so not looking forward to this. Just on Monday, the Moxi averted disappointment for me when the TiVo guide - again - was FUBAR & failed to record something. I'd been trying the "hard transition" strategy of mostly using the TiVo, but for the time we've got left, I'm going to go back to enjoying the Moxis' accurate EPG data & far fewer remote clicks to accomplish everything.

Once the data services end, I plan on keeping the no-longer-DVR Moxis running as long as I can - we have a bunch of recorded content we hope to continue to watch throughout the house, and I'm hoping the DLNA aspect will still work. We have an extensive video collection on NAS devices, and while it's not something we do daily, we do watch stuff from that every week or so. It just worked with the Moxis, and with the ReplayTVs before that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page