post #7561 of 7570 Old 04-30-2020, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkheadjoe View Post
dz2k, I got your pm... I cannot send pm since I am a newbie. If you can send me a new pm with your email, I will follow up by the end of the week.
ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7562 of 7570 Old 04-30-2020, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
ok.
Cannot reply to pm, but I sent you an email
post #7563 of 7570 Old 04-30-2020, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Wow just checked and all three of my Moxi's are bricked. All three were full of content. This really makes me sick. I had just plugged them in a couple of months ago to watch something. I forgot to unplug them, huge mistake.

I had two of them backed up and now I can't find the drives. This night just keeps getting better. I tried all of the old web links I had saved and none of them work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7564 of 7570 Old 05-01-2020, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tveli View Post
Yes, dz2k.

Ps, the moxi mate has no disk and boots via the main moxi over network, might be tftp. Also did you see the moxi skill on alexa skills store? Sign up and say a few words to Alexa about espial.
Cool. has anyone tested this? I did see the moxi skill. I don't have anything nice to say about those espial crooks.
post #7565 of 7570 Old 05-01-2020, 09:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xignals View Post
Wow just checked and all three of my Moxi's are bricked. All three were full of content. This really makes me sick. I had just plugged them in a couple of months ago to watch something. I forgot to unplug them, huge mistake.

I had two of them backed up and now I can't find the drives. This night just keeps getting better. I tried all of the old web links I had saved and none of them work.
It sux. I've tried the same as you without luck. The 4FP has been gone too. We need to try to reload the software because I'm sure someone has it.
post #7566 of 7570 Old 05-03-2020, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xignals View Post

Same here, although I never unplugged mine because I was regularly using them to watch stuff I'd recorded -- I did ditch the CCs back when the Guide was removed. I know I'm late to the party -- what with a death in my close family & the pandemic, ffs -- & haven't had time to go back & read the recent posts, but to say I'm furious would be a gross understatement. When did this happen???

Taking away the Guide and removing the 4FP was one thing, but bricking our hard drives is a bridge too far. If I had a clue as to how/where, I'd sue the b*st*rds. This is beyond outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
It sux. I've tried the same as you without luck. The 4FP has been gone too. We need to try to reload the software because I'm sure someone has it.
My memory is fuzzy, but I don't recall anyone figuring out how to reload the software after the 4FP was removed? And even if we could, that wouldn't restore our hard drives full of recorded content, would it? Without the Guide, the only value of my 3 for me was the recorded content I had saved for a rainy day when I would have time to fill . . . like during a flippin' pandemic . . . so now they are useless.

I honestly had no hard feelings until this. I was disappointed, of course, when they quit fixing known bugs an eternity ago, and I wasn't happy when they took the Guide away . . . but I understood it. Removing the 4FP was a bitter pill to swallow, but taking positive action to brick our personally owned hard drives?!? I am stunned & outraged.
tveli likes this.
post #7567 of 7570 Old 05-04-2020, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Goodbye Moxi. You will be missed. RIP.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
post #7568 of 7570 Old 05-08-2020, 04:26 AM
Advanced Member

I guess it's time to contact the video service provider.
post #7569 of 7570 Old 05-13-2020, 11:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslund View Post
Same here, although I never unplugged mine because I was regularly using them to watch stuff I'd recorded -- I did ditch the CCs back when the Guide was removed. I know I'm late to the party -- what with a death in my close family & the pandemic, ffs -- & haven't had time to go back & read the recent posts, but to say I'm furious would be a gross understatement. When did this happen???

Taking away the Guide and removing the 4FP was one thing, but bricking our hard drives is a bridge too far. If I had a clue as to how/where, I'd sue the b*st*rds. This is beyond outrageous.

My memory is fuzzy, but I don't recall anyone figuring out how to reload the software after the 4FP was removed? And even if we could, that wouldn't restore our hard drives full of recorded content, would it? Without the Guide, the only value of my 3 for me was the recorded content I had saved for a rainy day when I would have time to fill . . . like during a flippin' pandemic . . . so now they are useless.

I honestly had no hard feelings until this. I was disappointed, of course, when they quit fixing known bugs an eternity ago, and I wasn't happy when they took the Guide away . . . but I understood it. Removing the 4FP was a bitter pill to swallow, but taking positive action to brick our personally owned hard drives?!? I am stunned & outraged.
it is outrageous. no one has figured out how to reload the software after 4FP. no, it wouldn't restore recorded content. after looking around, I found some s/w if anyone wants to tinker with it below in the signature.
post #7570 of 7570 Old 06-13-2020, 10:45 PM
Advanced Member

Did anyone have the stock hard drive in when they got deactivated? Did anyone ever switch to the Espial Moxi and go through activation for it? I assume it would be the same as 4FP because the website was the same. It's just sad the company is probably about to go out of business and wants to take its customers out of business too. sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page