The Official AVS Dish DTVPal DVR Topic! - Page 658 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 310Likes

post #19711 of 19719 Old 06-24-2019, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Yeah, I don't know what causes it, but every once in a while a DTVPal can get into a "mood" where it refuses to add channels, either automatically or via the 3-2-2-3 menu option. At least, it's happened to me a couple of times, and the only fix I could find was a full rescan.

I usually save the full rescan for the last resort, because it's annoying having to answer all those setup questions again, and because it clears out all your recording timers. But sometimes it seems to be the only thing that works.
You mean a full re-scan, or a full reset and setup procedure?

I'm not sure what's going on with local KTXA and finding that channel with the DTVPal. But of course there's the exception: my old Insigna-LG government subsidized converter box from 2009 found 21.1 and 21.2 but it wasn't without a minor glitch. First time I tried just adding new channels, and it added MeTV on a second "21.1" next to the dead 21.1. So I did a full scan and it straightened out and has 21.1 and 21.2. So the signal is there but the DTVPal doesn't seem to be able to deal with it. A double power button reset and then a full re-scan didn't work. Last thing I can try on the 'Pal is a full reset but I really don't want to go through the whole setup procedure and lose timer settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19712 of 19719 Old 06-24-2019, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Liked: 1336
To clarify, by a "full rescan" I mean running the setup wizard (menu-3-2-1-1). It's not quite as extreme as a factory defaults reset (menu-3-2-4) but it's still no fun.

BTW I just posted on the DFW thread that I confirmed KPFW is indeed still on the air, so that's likely the problem folks (including you) are having with KTXA. No need to do either a full rescan or a factory defaults reset for that problem.
post #19713 of 19719 Old 06-24-2019, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
To clarify, by a "full rescan" I mean running the setup wizard (menu-3-2-1-1). It's not quite as extreme as a factory defaults reset (menu-3-2-4) but it's still no fun.

BTW I just posted on the DFW thread that I confirmed KPFW is indeed still on the air, so that's likely the problem folks (including you) are having with KTXA. No need to do either a full rescan or a factory defaults reset for that problem.

Yep just read that thanks for confirming. I will just have to be patient. I can go out in the garage if there's something I must see on KTXA or MeTV I can watch it on my old Sony 9" CRT TV with the Insigna converter box that does receive 21.1 and .2 fine after a re-scan that took all of 2 minutes.

Last edited by ed_in_tx; 06-24-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19714 of 19719 Old 07-15-2019, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Odd... twice now, once a couple of weeks ago and again today, I tuned to KFWD 52.2 BIZ TV and soon after the 'Pal DVR resets itself!
post #19715 of 19719 Old 07-15-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Bad Transport Stream ? Particularly PSIP data ?
Someone in your area with PC TV tuner stick/card could dissect the issue...
post #19716 of 19719 Old Yesterday, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have no way to analyze the signal and data sent. After the 3rd time tuning to 52.2 and having a reboot, I am avoiding that channel for now.
post #19717 of 19719 Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I never watch 52 but I added it to the channel list so I could check this out. I didn't have any trouble in the short time I tried it.

It doesn't surprise me that bad data could cause a reset. I once watched Microsoft Assembler (MASM) reset the PC it was running on because of a single character error in the source file. A colon where a semi-colon should have been I think.
post #19718 of 19719 Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Liked: 1336
I tried watching 52.4 (Evine) for a while but had no issues. Maybe the problem is specific to 52.2.
post #19719 of 19719 Old Today, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I tried watching 52.4 (Evine) for a while but had no issues. Maybe the problem is specific to 52.2.
Try 52.2 for a while. I've watched it before with no issues, but the other day it did it twice, after they supposedly fixed the audio which has since returned to it's low overall level. I think the guy I had contacted there is getting frustrated with operations too. For about one day they had the audio levels right. Plus the shows are in repeat mode. Was watching Big Biz show, should be timely business and investing information, and they were talking about the upcoming 4th of July! So I guess I am not missing anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page