Magnavox MDR515 DVR not displaying all channels - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Magnavox MDR515 and noticed that I can access channels through the "pass through" signal that I can't get on the DVR, which is frustrating.

The set up is this. Coax in from antenna into the DVR. Coax out of DVR into TV allowing watching of live tv. HDMI connection between DVR and TV. When I watch TV through the antenna in on the TV (which is from the antenna to the DVR to the TV), I get all the channels I expect. When I try to watch TV through the DVR, I can not select a handful of the channels that should be available. I have the channels set up on the DVR, but the channel just renders a blank screen with no audio. Without moving the antenna, I switch over to the TV vice DVR and the channel works.

This is frustrating because it only allows me to record some of the channels, not all that are received. I noticed this for one channel last year, but now at least two are being affected.

Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-25-2012, 09:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2221 Post(s)
Liked: 1355
You are in the wrong forum for this device. You need to go to the DVD Recorders forum and post your question there.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3 of 5 Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradohiker View Post

I have a Magnavox MDR515 and noticed that I can access channels through the "pass through" signal that I can't get on the DVR, which is frustrating.

The set up is this. Coax in from antenna into the DVR. Coax out of DVR into TV allowing watching of live tv. HDMI connection between DVR and TV. When I watch TV through the antenna in on the TV (which is from the antenna to the DVR to the TV), I get all the channels I expect. When I try to watch TV through the DVR, I can not select a handful of the channels that should be available. I have the channels set up on the DVR, but the channel just renders a blank screen with no audio. Without moving the antenna, I switch over to the TV vice DVR and the channel works.

This is frustrating because it only allows me to record some of the channels, not all that are received. I noticed this for one channel last year, but now at least two are being affected.

Any help would be appreciated!

You've most likely got some duplicate channels. where a lower-numbered channel interferes with the same network channel on a higher number, or a same-network analog channel interferes with a digital one.

See the "Map Your Own Solution" in this help file for some clues and success stories.

If you can't find the interfering channels, try the next "Clean Tuner Solution."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The UHF OTA chanel numbers and the corresponding cable channel numbers do not normally carry the same program.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm sorry, thought this was the correct place to post this question, I guess I didn't look long enough.

I checked the channels for conflicts, and this specific channel (PBS) is the same. I did find another post that stated it might be the cable, so I switched out the HDMI cable for a Y-R-W, and it worked! The really odd part is that when I hooked the HDMI cable back up, it now works :-/ I'm happy it's working, not sure why now, or why it wasn't before!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page