Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 252 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4210Likes

post #7531 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenL View Post
Your correction to what you call an overly broad statement was in itself wrong and overly broad (Windows Vista SP2 is supported through April 2017) and misleading. ....
But, I like irony, so in that context, it was correct!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7532 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1845 Post(s)
Liked: 1634
I'm just surprised people have such faith that Microsoft would actually fix things at all, regardless of whether they still support your version of Windows.
post #7533 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdole View Post
But my issue is that you can't tell the software which device is which, I.E. after the TV is programmed, the next device always went to the DVR button, then Cable/Sat, then VCR/Aux. Or whatever the order is. Didn't find a solution to that. Perhaps the newer/more expensive models have corrected that issue?
The 300 and its successor the 350 are the low end Harmony models and "device based" rather than "function based" (or something like that). The more expensive remotes are more flexible in terms of programming, but also much, much more money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7534 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'm just surprised people have such faith that Microsoft would actually fix things at all, regardless of whether they still support your version of Windows.
What surprises me is that people would expect Microsoft to support and fix every piece of junky software, device or buggy program that people load on to their computer.

It also surprises me that people expect CM to support every hard drive or interface device that they connect to the DVR+.
I wouldn't want that job.
As a side note, my wife is the happy user of her 2 DVR+ units sitting stacked on top of each other.
post #7535 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Oh, that Vista!

Quote:
A quick search of the web indicated there were issues with MS VISTA and USB. There were a number of updates issued by Microsoft. If you kept your VISTA PC updated with the fixes then this would not be the cause. If perhaps you did not get to these fixes then this is probably your issue and you probably are out of luck as there is no longer support for VISTA.
Really? No more support for Vista? I just recently heard about MS cutting off XP, and now already Vista too? The only time I upgrade my OS is when I buy a new PC, and this old thing still works well enough, despite running (crawling? begging for death?) on Vista. Thanks for the reply.

[Signature not found -- or just not clever enough.]
post #7536 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCrow View Post
Really? No more support for Vista? I just recently heard about MS cutting off XP, and now already Vista too? The only time I upgrade my OS is when I buy a new PC, and this old thing still works well enough, despite running (crawling? begging for death?) on Vista. Thanks for the reply.
As I feared, you drew the parallel to the recent cutoff of XP. That date for Vista does not occur until April 2017.
post #7537 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Where did the DVR+ thread go?

I've seen more than enough of this Windows Vista stuff.
post #7538 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS13 View Post
It also surprises me that people expect CM to support every hard drive or interface device that they connect to the DVR+.
One should not need to "support" an HDD. If it's at least USB 2.0, it should work, period. There's a reason it's called the Universal Serial Bus. Universal standards exist to avoid these very problems: if you follow the standard, your device should be compatible with other devices that follow the standard. If some USB 2.0 HDDs don't work, then CM is doing something wrong.
kwg likes this.
post #7539 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdole View Post
And only $299 est. retail, when it comes out.
$300 for a remote control?? No, thanks! While on the subject...
How long should the batteries last in the DVR+'s remote? I bought mine in September and recently they seemed to be getting weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPVid View Post
Windows Vista SP2 is supported through April 2017.
Security only? I'll have to live with that, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Unless you have a Vizio TV, this sounds like a new issue. If it happens again you should report it to CM.
It should work if your PC's USB ports are either 2.0 or 3.0. As suggested earlier, try a thumb drive to make sure the USB ports are working.

If not, point Internet Exploder to Windows Update and make sure everything is up-to-date. (You can even do this with no-longer-supported OSes like Win XP.)

As far as upgrading, if your PC came with Vista it's probably safe to step up one level to Win 7. If it came with XP or earlier and you upgraded it to Vista, it may be too underpowered for Win 7 so I'd stick with Vista. But that shouldn't have anything to do with your HDD issue. Ext2FSD should work with Vista OK.
So, how much is MS (over)charging for Win 7 today? I'd consider it if it were $40 or so. (I Googled it, and the prices are all over the friggin' place.)

I'll try the thumb drive, which in my case is just an SD card in a little adapter thingy. It's worked in the past for upgrading my old DVR's firmware, so I assume it's basically the same thing. As I think I mentioned earlier, my WD My Book worked fine on the same USB port where I tried the Passport. The only problem there was that the REI file for the DVR+ files was missing, so I couldn't use Pachinko's handy app.

Thanks for all the advice.

Last edited by SirCrow; 02-15-2015 at 01:44 PM.
post #7540 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim View Post
Where did the DVR+ thread go?

I've seen more than enough of this Windows Vista stuff.
Something had to fill the vacuum left when TiVo left.
tomintn likes this.
post #7541 of 16778 Old 02-13-2015, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So, how much is MS (over)charging for Win 7 today?
They aren't charging anything, because they aren't selling it anymore. They're getting ready to sell Windows 10, so you must buy Windows 7 from a third party. It should still be pretty easy to come across OEM copies, although whether it's worth upgrading from Vista is another matter. Microsoft's major overhaul from XP to Vista means that a lot of things don't work on XP anymore, but Vista, 7, and 8 all seem pretty similar under the hood, so they all share similar capabilities. An OS change seems like a pretty drastic step to take for USB problems to me, though.
post #7542 of 16778 Old 02-14-2015, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2800 Post(s)
Liked: 1360
Quote:
Yes but the ONLY VISTA support is security fixes. It is in the extended support phase. Non Security updates and fixes are NOT included! Read item 5 in the attached carefully. He is out of luck fixing his Vista USB issues with fixes he has NOT applied yet...if that is his issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifepolicy
I think you're misunderstanding how this works. Microsoft won't fix anything on Vista they haven't already fixed, but all the old fixes remain on Windows Update. They don't take them off!

So if his problem is that he just needs a fix that he never downloaded, he can still download and install it. Only if he's running into a previously unknown Vista bug would he need to upgrade. That seems unlikely with a USB bug; those would've surely been caught and fixed early on.
post #7543 of 16778 Old 02-14-2015, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They're getting ready to sell Windows 10....
OK, I know this is a stupid question, but the last Windows version I knew about was 8.1. So what happened to Win 9?

Edit: I see it now. Win 10 thread, post 5, by a chap named Aleron Ives

Last edited by JHBrandt; 02-14-2015 at 11:40 AM.
post #7544 of 16778 Old 02-14-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
OK, I know this is a stupid question, but the last Windows version I knew about was 8.1. So what happened to Win 9?
Can't you guys do this somewhere else? This is the DVR+ forum. Please try Google for all the non-related questions that are so simple to get answers for without further sidetracking this group.

https://www.google.com/search?num=10...40.hwTvkP1oE0U

Johnla, kwg and Donald1800 like this.
post #7545 of 16778 Old 02-14-2015, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 2257 Post(s)
Liked: 1383
Quote:
7-8te-9

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #7546 of 16778 Old 02-14-2015, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
See here.
post #7547 of 16778 Old 02-14-2015, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How long should the batteries last in the DVR+'s remote? I bought mine in September and recently it seemed to be getting weak.
I got mine in October and the remote batteries are still holding up. I bought mine used but I think the remote still has the original batteries; they're a brand I've never heard of (KTS).

Quote:
So, how much is MS (over)charging for Win 7 today? I'd consider it if it were $40 or so.
A lot of folks hate Win 8's "Metro" interface, so Win 7 remains quite popular. Typically, I see Win 7 Home Premium (which I think is the cheapest version that includes WMC) for around $100. I think Win 7's WMC is better than Vista's. Not much point in going to Win 8, though; WMC 8 is the same as WMC 7.

Quote:
I'll try the thumb drive, which in my case is just an SD card in a little adapter thingy. It's worked in the past for upgrading my old DVR's firmware, so I assume it's basically the same thing.
I think we were just trying to determine whether the problem was the port or the drive. But from what you say next....
Quote:
As I think I mentioned earlier, my WD My Book worked fine on the same USB port where I tried the Passport.
... it kind of sounds like the drive or its USB interface is the problem. If so, updating Vista with the latest fixes probably won't help - but go ahead and try anyway.

If the problem is the drive, you may be able to salvage the data by removing the HDD from the case and putting it into another USB enclosure or dock. Hopefully the HDD itself is OK and it's just the USB interface that went bad.
post #7548 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
It is usually NOT a good idea to try to update a PC that was designed for VISTA to run win7 or win8. Typically the VISTA PC will be lacking CPU, Memory, and storage large enough and fast enough for the new OS's. He would also have to upgrade office software and other software too.
I certainly would not recommend trying to "upgrade" such a PC to Win8, but upgrading it to Win7 should be no problem. Heck: I've a laptop at work that was designed for WinXP that's running Win7 just fine. We've been on an upgrade binge at work. We're replacing any hardware that's not at least Core 2 Duo. Anything Core 2 Duo or newer, that's running WinXP, gets more RAM, unless it already has at least 4GB, and Win 7 Pro.

Vista, however, was an utter disaster right out of the gate. If you can upgrade from Vista, IMO you should upgrade from Vista.

But not to Win8. Win8 is, in its own way, about as horrible as was Vista. (Which is why we're upgrading to Win7, at work, while we can.)

Quote:
Microsoft's major overhaul from XP to Vista means that a lot of things don't work on XP anymore, but Vista, 7, and 8 all seem pretty similar under the hood, so they all share similar capabilities.
No.

WinXP, Vista and Win7 were all essentially "win32" systems. Win8 is not. However, it is true that some things that ran under WinXP will require they be run under Vista or Win7 with "WinXP compatibility mode."

Jim
JHBrandt likes this.

Last edited by SEMIJim; 02-15-2015 at 10:24 AM.
post #7549 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
They aren't charging anything, because they aren't selling it anymore. They're getting ready to sell Windows 10, so you must buy Windows 7 from a third party. It should still be pretty easy to come across OEM copies, although whether it's worth upgrading from Vista is another matter. Microsoft's major overhaul from XP to Vista means that a lot of things don't work on XP anymore, but Vista, 7, and 8 all seem pretty similar under the hood, so they all share similar capabilities. An OS change seems like a pretty drastic step to take for USB problems to me, though.
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking.

post #7550 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
So, how much is MS (over)charging for Win 7 today?
You can get 64-bit Home Premium SP-1, OEM version for $85 at Amazon.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #7551 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 02:29 PM

Ehd, wmc, usb, fyi

Quote:
I got mine in October and the remote batteries are still holding up. I bought mine used but I think the remote still has the original batteries; they're a brand I've never heard of (KTS).

... Typically, I see Win 7 Home Premium (which I think is the cheapest version that includes WMC) for around $100. I think Win 7's WMC is better than Vista's. Not much point in going to Win 8, though; WMC 8 is the same as WMC 7.

I think we were just trying to determine whether the problem was the port or the drive. But from what you say next....
... it kind of sounds like the drive or its USB interface is the problem. If so, updating Vista with the latest fixes probably won't help - but go ahead and try anyway.

If the problem is the drive, you may be able to salvage the data by removing the HDD from the case and putting it into another USB enclosure or dock. Hopefully the HDD itself is OK and it's just the USB interface that went bad.
Thanks. I was just trying to show off my ingenuity in improvising a "thumb drive" using an SD card.

Re. WMC, I've never really bothered with it; I can play videos and audio just fine without it. It's just taking up space, and I'd be happy with a cheaper, more basic version of Win 7 which lacks that feature. But that's unrealistic, so let's fuggitaboutit. (Spell check says that's not a word. Prissy.)

My My Passport works normally with the DVR+, so the data is quite intact and accessible, just not on my PC. I've tried my thumb drive in the USB ports and they both work. If the solution is to install those updates, and they're no longer available, then I guess there's no solution, and that's that. I've just been told that one can't have everything. Hmm.... very disappointing. I had believed otherwise for so long. Darn.

[Note to admin.: The UPPERCASE characters in my subject line were converted to lowercase, which makes it look bad. Thanks.]

Last edited by SirCrow; 02-15-2015 at 02:57 PM. Reason: UPPERCASE went lowercase
post #7552 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 02:54 PM

What Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
You can get 64-bit Home Premium SP-1, OEM version for $85 at Amazon.
Thanks. I may actually consider it if I find that upgrading from Vista is the only way to get the PC to see the DVR's HDD when it's attached.

Does anyone happen to know the name of the Vista update that I should have installed, assuming I didn't? I assume it wouldn't be one that mentions .NET Framework or Security. There are a bunch of those Framework ones in the Windows Update list that I've just been ignoring. Anyway, let's not mention Vista too many more times. Ten, twelve, that'll do it.

By the way, should the EHD power up when connected to the PC's USB port (which works), even if Windows doesn't detect the device? There was no indication that it did.

post #7553 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 550
DVR+ Lister v15.2.15.0

Here's 'DVR+ Lister' v15.2.15.0.

Version 15.3.29 has been released. It's post 8121 on 04-02-2015 at 04:54 PM Central Time. Click HERE if your settings is 30 posts per page, or HERE if your settings is 100 posts per page. For other posts per page counts, divide 8121 by that value to obtain the correct page.

What's New:

1. The ability to convert the native TS recordings to another format, even if only to ‘fix’ them for playback on a computer. The conversions can be performed directly from the USB HDD to a Wnindows computer, or the recordings can be copied to the computer in their native TS format (which can be much faster than converting), allowing the USB HDD to be reattached to the DVR+ sooner, and later batch converted them to another video format. The program automatically generates the batch file as the recordings are copied. Just like when copying the recordings to the computer, the converted videos are given useful file names and date stamped with the OTA date and time they were recorded.

2. An option to include, or exclude, the Aired Date Stamp, in the file name, of the copied or converted output file.

3. An option to include, or exclude, a portion of the Show’s Description, in the file name, of the copied or converted output file.

4. Two special columns, in the ‘Internal List’ for sorting purposes.

5. The Tick Sel’d button, which ticks the check box of all selected recordings.

6. A new Q&A page in the Help file, for both DVR+ Lister and the DVR+ itself.

Here’s a screenshot of the new ‘Convert Video’ window. For images of the Main Window variations, expand the attached images.

For those unfamiliar with this program, it’s an aid in identifying which cryptically named DVR+ “TS” files (names like Strm00E3.ts), on the DVR+ USB HDD, are for which Show Titles and Aired Dates, when the USB HDD is connected to a Windows computer. The new version can even copy, and/or convert, those recordings to Windows computers, from the USB HDD, giving them meaningful file names and date stamps. It does NOT copy directly from the DVR+, rather from its USB HDD. As such, the USB HDD must be connected to a Windows computer, and the Ext2Fsd program (or similar) is required for Windows to recognize the Linux formatted USB HDD. Owners of the internal HDD model can take advantage of this program, but only if recording to an optional USB HDD, and only to the extent of the recordings on that USB HDD. Recordings on the internal HDD cannot be moved to the USB HDD, or copied, unless you void the warranty, assume all risks, and physically move the internal HDD to a computer. If you gamble and manage that, this program will work on that HDD too. For video conversions, a 3rd Party video converter, such as ffmpeg, or HandBrake, are required.

While the YouTube video is for the previous version’s , “DVR+ Lister - Intro and Step By Step - Internal List”, it should still be useful to newcomers. The first 2 minutes 17 seconds are an introduction to DVR+ Lister. The remainder of the 7 minute video is a Step by Step guide on using the new ‘Internal List’ output type.

For information on Installation, and definitions of each control, as well as a Quick Start, open the CHM help file (or click the Help button), and view those pages.

FYI, I’ve observed that many of the recordings I’ve deleted, using the DVR+ menu system, are NOT immediately deleted from the USB HDD, and may not be deleted for an extended period of time. Those recordings continue to be flagged in the REI file with a Flag1 value of 02 (not viewed), or 03 (viewed), not 00 (deleted). This can prove to be a MAJOR BENEFIT should you accidentally delete a recording, as DVR+ Lister will find that recording and can copy it to a Windows computer. It’s unclear how long ‘deleted’ recordings will survive, so take measures to copy them to a computer as soon as possible. For Linux based computers, you’ll have to manually identify the desired recording, and copy it to the computer.

To ensure this program is always available to the AVS Forum members, the main Source files are attached. You would need AutoIt to compile the two AU3 source files into executable files. If you download the full package from Hightail, you don’t need this file, as it’s included in that download.

Since the pre-compiled version is too large to be attached in this forum, download “DVR+ Lister (v15.2.15.0).zip” from my HighTail account. That file includes the Executable files, the CHM help file, the Audio files, and the Source files, including the HTML files for creating the CHM, but not the YouTube video or sample DVR+ recordings.

A Zip file containing the contents of both partitions of a DVR+ USB HDD, is available for those who wish to try DVR+ Lister without needing to attach their USB HDD to a Windows computer. There are a few short clips of several Shows, ranging from 1 to 4 seconds in length. Unzip into an empty folder of your choice, and see the ReadMe and JPG file. The size of the download is about 16MB. Download it HERE, and extract into a clean folder of your choice. It contains 2 sub-directories, a readme, and a screenshot. Just direct DVR+ Lister to those folders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR+ Lister Main Window (Sorted by Strm).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	547713   Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR+ Lister Main Window for Excel Output.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	547721   Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR+ Lister Main Window for Text File Output.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	547729  
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister - Source (v15-2-15-0).zip (84.6 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by pachinko; 04-02-2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Added link to DVR+ Lister version 15.3.29
post #7554 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Re. WMC, I've never really bothered with it; I can play videos and audio just fine without it. It's just taking up space, and I'd be happy with a cheaper, more basic version of Win 7 which lacks that feature. But that's unrealistic, so let's fuggitaboutit. (Spell check says that's not a word. Prissy.)
Obviously spell check never watched The Sopranos

WMC can play videos and music, but if that's all you want then you're right; you don't really need it. WMC is really more useful as DVR software, with some extra functions like playing DVDs or Blu-Ray discs. You can also get some 3rd-party add-ons to do things like playing podcasts/vodcasts, automatically skip commercials, and the like.

Quote:
My My Passport works normally with the DVR+, so the data is quite intact and accessible, just not on my PC. I've tried my thumb drive in the USB ports and they both work. If the solution is to install those updates, and they're no longer available, then I guess there's no solution, and that's that.

I may actually consider [Win 7] if I find that upgrading from Vista is the only way to get the PC to see the DVR's HDD when it's attached.

Does anyone happen to know the name of the Vista update that I should have installed, assuming I didn't? I assume it wouldn't be one that mentions .NET Framework or Security. There are a bunch of those Framework ones in the Windows Update list that I've just been ignoring. Anyway, let's not mention Vista too many more times. Ten, twelve, that'll do it.

By the way, should the EHD power up when connected to the PC's USB port (which works), even if Windows doesn't detect the device? There was no indication that it did.
Hmm... so you have an improvised thumb drive that works with your PC's USB ports, and you have a HDD that works with the DVR+, but doesn't even power up when hooked to your PC's USB ports? That's very odd.

Perhaps it's a power problem. Maybe your PC's USB ports just don't provide quite enough power to operate your HDD, even though they provide enough for your improvised thumb drive. (Users of iView DVRs often have similar problems, which is what made me think of that.)

If that's the issue, you could try a USB "Y" cable that lets the HDD connect to the PC but draw power from a wall-wart.

As far as possible Vista updates, you're probably right that anything having to do with the ".NET Framework" or "Security" is unlikely to address a USB issue (although you really shouldn't be ignoring "security" updates unless you really want your PC hacked).
If you've installed all the other available Vista updates, Vista probably isn't the source of your problem.

Unless you're really cash-strapped, you should probably pick up a copy of Win 7 while you can, even if you don't put it on your PC right away; just don't expect it to solve this issue. Your next PC will likely come with Win 8+ and a steep relearning curve. Win 7 will keep your existing PC humming for at least a few years longer than Vista; besides, you may find its updated WMC worth a second look.
post #7555 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
My My Passport works normally with the DVR+, so the data is quite intact and accessible, just not on my PC. I've tried my thumb drive in the USB ports and they both work.
You are connecting the Passport drive directly into the PC's USB port, right? There are no USB hubs or anything else like that between the drive and the PC. Some hubs are unable to transfer the proper power levels to their ports. If you have any other peripherals connected to the PC's other USB ports, you might consider disconnecting them just as a test before connecting the Passport drive. (It seems more like a USB power problem than a Windows issue, but if it becomes a motivation to ditch Vista and move to Win7, that's okay too.)
post #7556 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post

What's New:

1. The ability to convert the native TS recordings to another format, . . .
You should really start your own thread for this project. You have done some really excellent work and appear to be having fun with continued development. I encourage you to start your own thread to document this (reserve the first 5 posts or so for your top-level information and living users guide) in one dedicated place rather than have it buried here in all the cocktail chatter. It would be very easy for you to copy any of your posts to a new thread.
osu1991 and SirCrow like this.

- kelson h

post #7557 of 16778 Old 02-15-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
You should really start your own thread for this project. You have done some really excellent work and appear to be having fun with continued development. I encourage you to start your own thread to document this (reserve the first 5 posts or so for your top-level information and living users guide) in one dedicated place rather than have it buried here in all the cocktail chatter. It would be very easy for you to copy any of your posts to a new thread.
What? Then we have to sift through two threads for DVR+ information? That's just silly.
post #7558 of 16778 Old 02-16-2015, 12:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post

What's New:

1. The ability to convert the native TS recordings to another format, even if only to ‘fix’ them for playback on a computer. The conversions can be performed directly from the USB HDD to a Wnindows computer, or the recordings can be copied to the computer in their native TS format (which can be much faster than converting), ...
There is tiny trick what will make your TS copied files "playable" without any conversion. Need add one packet of info [PAT, PMT]... just 188 bytes on top.
post #7559 of 16778 Old 02-16-2015, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 92
SirCrow I guess that you did do the unknown disk in Disk Management?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	disk management.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	548713  
post #7560 of 16778 Old 02-16-2015, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticimaging View Post
SirCrow I guess that you did do the unknown disk in Disk Management?
Not that fast
First, you must check Device Manager->Drives and the HDD (if it's there) parameters/properties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , 999 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , maintenance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page