Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 315 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4182Likes

post #9421 of 16648 Old 08-22-2015, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
I'm totally supporting your opinion about the non-typical button's layout! I did check my 20+ remotes collection and found no one have numbers at bottom "busiest" part of a remote.
I would ask CM to demote the designer .

BTW, how the Audio/CC do toggling CC ?
Do I understand correctly that if you 'upgrade' to 124R, then your existing 'CC' button becomes a 'toggle' of some sort in addition to the remap of the color buttons to now select the new internet stream channels?

I do prefer the most used for me pause/play, back, FF/RW and skip buttons where they are (on thin/flat remote). Guess it depends on whether you must hold the remote in your hand to operate, or can just click a button without picking it up, which I much prefer.

Don't recall much use of the number keys since I usually use the Guide to change live channels and select for recording and DVD to watch them.
Art
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9422 of 16648 Old 08-22-2015, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1947 View Post
I understand the contents/ file structure of a typical DVD and use imgburn to create .iso backups to play on my oppo 93. What is it about a Bluray player that I can just burn the CM DVR+ file(s) to a DVD or Bluray disc and play them on a bluray player? A Bluray player recognizes the .ts files?

Thanks, Jeff
Most Blu-Ray players also have a media player function built in, handling many audio, photo, and video formats. Not sure they will deal with the DVR+ .ts (especially if it hasn't first been run through ffmpeg to make it more mpeg compliant), but one might succeed by renaming the file(s) .mpg.

I haven't tried this with my LG Blu-Ray player since I almost always use Kodi (Xbmc) on a Raspberry Pi as my media player, and it plays the ffmpeg-processed DVR+ file just fine.
JHBrandt likes this.

Last edited by frank70; 08-22-2015 at 10:48 AM.
post #9423 of 16648 Old 08-22-2015, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotart View Post
Do I understand correctly that if you 'upgrade' to 124R, then your existing 'CC' button becomes a 'toggle' of some sort in addition to the remap of the color buttons to now select the new internet stream channels?
Not a toggle (that’s what it did before 123R)! In 123/124R, the CC button, and the Audio button, on the original “thin” remote control, both do the same thing. That is, they both bring up a menu with two choices as follows:

Audio
Closed Captions

From that menu, in order to change the state of Closed Captions, you have to press the following series of buttons:

Down
OK
OK
Up (or Down, it doesn't matter)
OK
Exit (or Left, Left)

That’s what folks have been complaining about!

The "Enhanced" Remote Control has a single Audio/CC button, and it works the same way.

If you have a remote that can be programmed for that sequence of button pushes, then it will "toggle" CC On or Off.
pilotart likes this.

Last edited by pachinko; 08-22-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9424 of 16648 Old 08-22-2015, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^^ @pachinko I imagine when they complain to CM, they get sold a "New & Improved Remote". On my "thin" remote, CC just flashes a pop-up telling "CC is off/on". My Audio button serves me as a quick removal of the time bar.

My "teachable" remote will do macros, with timed spacing no less, at less than half the cost of a New CM improved remote. I will teach it just to have a spare available but I like the "thin". I will currently teach it a macro of "Red-Key>Left-Arrow>OK" for on click deletion. It can hold lots of them if needed

I have a 10 Pack of Energizer CR2032's for $6.10 delivered and shall use thin remote forever if possible...

Quote:
<....>I had purchased a 16' Ethernet Cable and a simple 'one Female in Jack' to 'two Female out Jacks' with the intent of sharing Ethernet with my Pioneer Tuner/Amp <....>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
What you actually wanted was a combiner like this - not a splitter. It uses all 8 wires in an ethernet cable. However most people would use an ethernet switch.

http://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-371...XAZV9T590ESPS1

The advantage of a combiner is that it is passive and doesn't require you to plug it in for power like a switch. Disadvantage it only works for two devices.
Quote:
Thank you very much, order will be placed shortly, along with a 'Sony CR2032 Pack' for remotes/Garage Door openers etc.<....>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Just be aware that you need to order 2 of these "combiners". One for input from the router and another for the equipment end.

You'll likely need a multi-pack of short ethernet cables also on Amazon. I've found the 3 foot length works well in this configuration.

And couplers for each end.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxmoral-Exten...ethernet+cable
Quote:
Thank you very much for this reply. Expecting delivery of *one* 2-Port RJ45 Splitter/Combiner tomorrow.

Now, after seeing your post, I see that '*' on Amazon site which said *Note: Sold individually, this item must be used in pairs for each installation, one on each end of the cable.

I am no where near my Router/WiFi Transmitter which is over 40' away across three rooms with Vaulted Ceiling, so there's no practical way to string cable to HT. TV does excellent on its built in WiFi, testing a full 20Mbps of my 20 Mbps DSL Service. There is the BD in the stack below (now immediately below the DVR+) with a built-in WiFi that does Ok. Couple (Aluminum) shelves below is the Pioneer AVR which is strictly Ethernet if you want internet, it has a USB next to the LAN Jack that is strictly for powering a WiFi to Ethernet Adapter that must be used if you want to use WiFi. I had previously done without internet on the Pioneer.

I knew I did not want to add any sort of USB WiFi for my DVR+ so I bought this NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter and planned to split the Ethernet to feed both the DVR+ and Pioneer, which did not work at all.

Removing the Pioneer's Ethernet from the "splitter" made the DVR+ Happy again.

I plan to use a "Female to Female" to place that one 2-Port RJ45 Splitter/Combiner Cable at the far end of my 16' RJ45 Male to Male LAN Network Ethernet Patch Cable and then see if the DVR+ will allow the Pioneer to share,<....>
I thank you for posting that Graphic showing proper use of two Splitter/Combiner units, but my WiFi Adapter has only one RJ45 Female Jack, so I can't imagine using two units in my layout.
Art
Well it completely failed, can't even get a single feed through it. Connecting just the Pioneer without that splitter combiner allowed me to enjoy "Radio Swiss Jazz 98.1 FM" and I'm hooked now, so I guess I'll have to buy a switched splitter.

A quick look in Amazon Q & A looks like this may work:
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-TE100...ernet+switcher

I suppose that Splitter/Combiner is not defective, just not used as designed. So hate to spend more than it cost to return it.

Anyone know anything else it might be good for? I will see what Amazon has to say on Monday about it.

Would be good if they could recommend what will work in my setup.
Art
post #9425 of 16648 Old 08-22-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
^^^^ @pachinko I imagine when they complain to CM, they get sold a "New & Improved Remote". On my "thin" remote, CC just flashes a pop-up telling "CC is off/on". My Audio button serves me as a quick removal of the time bar.
Yep, that's how the thin remote works, until you update to 123/124R. If CM talks anyone into buying the "Enhanced" remote because they are complaining about the way CC works, they will quickly find out that the "Enhanced" remote doesn't fix the issue. In fact, it's probably the cause of the issue because CC and Audio share the same button on the "Enhanced" remote..
post #9426 of 16648 Old 08-22-2015, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 2732 Post(s)
Liked: 1337
Looking at the new CM remote more closely, I'm noticing several little differences from the old "slim" remote:

1. As just noted, there aren't separate "Audio" and "CC" buttons. My guess is that the combined button on the new remote sends the same code as "CC" on the old one, which explains why 124R changes the function of "CC" to match "Audio." (Why CM couldn't just program the new remote to send the "Audio" code instead of the "CC" code, thus leaving the old remote's CC button fully funtional, is beyond me.)
  2. There also aren't separate Page buttons anymore either; and I'm just now noticing that with 124R, the Page and Channel buttons now perform identically on the old remote! IIRC, in 114R the channel buttons moved through the guide one channel at a time, so Ch + acted like pressing the bottom of the navigation ring, and Ch - acted like pressing the top (because the channels in the EPG are in ascending order as you go down. I always found that rather counterintuitive, so it's probably just as well that they changed it).
  3. "Apps" appears to be the same as the "Home" key on the old remote (same function, just a more accurate label).
  4. As noted earlier, the new remote has separate On and Off buttons, rather than a single On/Off toggle like the old remote. But in this case, the old remote's toggle still works as it always has, so CM must have added new remote codes to the DVR+. That makes me wonder if the new On/Off buttons will work with a DVR+ on older firmware?
  5. Finally, there's a "live" button on the new remote. This presumably brings you back to live viewing if you had paused or skipped back into the buffer. Not sure why that was added since the Stop button does the same thing, and it could be annoying if you hit it accidentally while watching a recording!
post #9427 of 16648 Old 08-22-2015, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
As I was reading the first sentence in your reply, I was going to suggest unplugging the Ethernet cable and plugging it back in, but switching to WiFi and back to Ethernet seems even better. Aw, don't give up now!!!

I tried unplugging again with no luck. I had dinner and started watching TV checking the network connection about every 10 minutes or so. 4...four hours later it took the new IP and dumped the old. 4 hours!
post #9428 of 16648 Old 08-22-2015, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerhead View Post
I tried unplugging again with no luck. I had dinner and started watching TV checking the network connection about every 10 minutes or so. 4...four hours later it took the new IP and dumped the old. 4 hours!
Interesting! I wonder what that's about? I think I'll add a note about this to the DVR+ Lister's Q&A page.

Did you also try switching to WiFi, then back to Ethernet?
post #9429 of 16648 Old 08-22-2015, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Interesting! I wonder what that's about? I think I'll add a note about this to the DVR+ Lister's Q&A page.

Did you also try switching to WiFi, then back to Ethernet?

No, I was too tired and frustrated and didn't want that Wi-Fi frustration adding to my mental state. But I plan on reinstalling the old router in a couple days to get my tweeked settings down on paper. So I assume the problem will be there again and will go Wi-Fi to see if switching takes less time.
pachinko likes this.
post #9430 of 16648 Old 08-23-2015, 05:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool Avoiding 124R

Quote:
Yep, that's how the thin remote works, until you update to 123/124R. If CM talks anyone into buying the "Enhanced" remote because they are complaining about the way CC works, they will quickly find out that the "Enhanced" remote doesn't fix the issue. In fact, it's probably the cause of the issue because CC and Audio share the same button on the "Enhanced" remote..
Since Firmware Flash actually does nothing to change any IR codes from Remote, but just re-maps what they do, the Only Protection (or rather a work-around) would be a Programmable, Teachable Remote with Macro capability.

My old (I paid $20 back in 2011) Sony RM-VLZ620 is a little tedious to teach, but is a deal at $15 delivered from Amazon Prime. Lots of other choices as well.

Best choice is to avoid 124R unless you feel a need for the extra internet channels or want to use a 3 TB or larger Hard Drive or have 114R stability issues (which may carry forward into 124R anyway if they're related to WiFi, LAN or HD compatibility or another factor). That 123R sure wasn't around long and I'm surprised you have to wait so long for 125R.

I really want to thank you and everyone here who gave me the idea and guided me through blocking my DVR+ from ever seeing that 124R (or 125R etc.).

I have the 124R USB stored elsewhere, but the more I learn about it, the less I would ever want to install it. I already have several spare one TB compatible HD's and have far better sources for those online 'channels' already.

My DVR+ has been working perfectly now for six weeks+ and I feel very fortunate to have that 'secret' 115R Firmware it was delivered with. That seems to have taken care of the reported 114R freeze or lockup problems without adding any 'issues' or improvement's I wouldn't want.

My biggest concern now is how to share one WiFi Adapter's Ethernet cable feed between my DVR+ and my Pioneer Tuner/Amp. My latest thought might be this Ethernet Switch:
amazon.com/TRENDnet-TE100-S5-Ethernet-100Mbps-Auto-MDIX

In playing around and trying to force a share without the proper hardware, I've noticed that once you really pi$$ off the DVR+ on the subject, it does not quickly restore an Ethernet LAN.

Warm reboot (hold power button down for red/blue flash) or Cold reboot (pull the power for more than six seconds) does not re-establish LAN.

It just takes patience, perhaps it's when Rovi asks for future program info or something, never seen it go longer than an hour without the middle Green LED on my NetGear WiFi Router indicating restoration, but could imagine that if it were a new source IP Address it needed to deal with, that it might take several hours to work it all out.

Perhaps simply removing Pioneer connection prior to bringing DVR+ out of standby will keep it happy

Worst loss from that was the Guide having no program information for 14th day or 13th & 14th day until its LAN was working again.

I had never even tried adding LAN to my Pioneer before, but since it required the exact same WiFi Adapter that I bought for the DVR+, giving it a try opened up such great musical possibilities
Art

Last edited by pilotart; 08-23-2015 at 05:25 AM.
post #9431 of 16648 Old 08-23-2015, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Is it only people with USB powered hard drives that are having the lock up issue?
post #9432 of 16648 Old 08-23-2015, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 72
My biggest concern now is how to share one WiFi Adapter's Ethernet cable feed between my DVR+ and my Pioneer Tuner/Amp. My latest thought might be this Ethernet Switch:
amazon.com/TRENDnet-TE100-S5-Ethernet-100Mbps-Auto-MDIX

In playing around and trying to force a share without the proper hardware, I've noticed that once you really pi$$ off the DVR+ on the subject, it does not quickly restore an Ethernet LAN.

Warm reboot (hold power button down for red/blue flash) or Cold reboot (pull the power for more than six seconds) does not re-establish LAN.

It just takes patience, perhaps it's when Rovi asks for future program info or something, never seen it go longer than an hour without the middle Green LED on my NetGear WiFi Router indicating restoration, but could imagine that if it were a new source IP Address it needed to deal with, that it might take several hours to work it all out.

Perhaps simply removing Pioneer connection prior to bringing DVR+ out of standby will keep it happy

Worst loss from that was the Guide having no program information for 14th day or 13th & 14th day until its LAN was working again.

I had never even tried adding LAN to my Pioneer before, but since it required the exact same WiFi Adapter that I bought for the DVR+, giving it a try opened up such great musical possibilities
Art[/QUOTE]

pilotart,
Greetings. Need your help, I to would like to hook my Pioneer Receiver to the internet, but I'm bit confused in what did you purchase the combiner or the switch and did whatever you did work?

vince48
post #9433 of 16648 Old 08-23-2015, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince48 View Post
Art
You might look into the Linksys WUMC710. It will support four wired devices and give them all wireless ability. When the cost is spread over the various devices it helps. And it's fast. It does have a crappy UI. Nothing is perfect.
post #9434 of 16648 Old 08-23-2015, 05:47 PM

thank you Sir,

pilotart did you try this device?
post #9435 of 16648 Old 08-24-2015, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince48 View Post
thank you Sir,

pilotart did you try this device?
No, and placing it into Amazon lists a whole page of different devices:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...inksys+WUMC710

Perhaps @JoeKustra can point out the one he's recommending from those selections.

I had first (just before my DVR+ was delivered) purchased the:
NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter

But as you can read here, I have yet to get it to support both the DVR+ and Pioneer due to not yet finding correct 'splitter' to do it.

I may order this Ethernet Switch after researching it a little further:
TRENDnet 5-Port Unmanaged 10/100 Mbps GREENnet Ethernet Desktop Plastic Housing Switch, TE100-S5

But I don't want more gadgets that don't do the job.

With the NETGEAR's Ethernet connected into Pioneer it worked great.

With TV on and HDMI-4 Source selected (Pioneer connects there) pressing the "NET" button on Pioneer Remote opened a screen on TV with many choices. I just selected one of the 100 "Radio" stations and its music began to play. I could then turn the TV off and music continued to play. That's as far as I went with it, but it was enough for me to want to add the Pioneer to the NetGear feed.

Pioneer internet Radio even continued to function with DVR+ connected into first splitter, but DVR+ really put up a fuss about that connection.

Chapter six of the Pioneer Manual pdf here:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ions022414.pdf

Devotes ten pages (42-52) on that subject, I had earlier ignored that chapter, but will refer to it after I have a connection that properly shares the LAN with my DVR+.

My brief trial convinced me it was worthwhile to continue on to the Ethernet Switch for it.
Art
post #9436 of 16648 Old 08-24-2015, 04:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
No, and placing it into Amazon lists a whole page of different devices:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...inksys+WUMC710

I had first (just before my DVR+ was delivered) purchased the:
NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter
I only reference items I have personal experience with. My situation is having a media room with about 1/2 dozen devices that need internet access but no wiring to support it. My cable modem and router are on a different floor. The house is not mine and I have no desire to start with MoCA and have some low quality power. It's an old house. At one time I used the WNCE2001 on my AVR because it has low connectivity needs. It also supports only one device. Soon it became apparent that I was running out of space for wall warts, which led me to first the WUMC710 then to a EX6200. I finally decided that the load of my computer and DVR or Blu-ray could work with the EX7000 better since it had 5 Ethernet ports and three antenna. The WUMC710 only has four, and I found another room that needed only two connections for a few hours every day. The 710 has proven very reliable. It serves my kitchen where I really wanted a set it and forget it device. I needed more power and more throughput so one room uses the EX7000. I was using the EX6200 which I think could be more stable but not as powerful. If all I had was a DVR+ and only needed guide updates I would use the 2001. If I had several devices and wanted the speed and power to get a solid connection for streaming I would choose the 710.

Bottom line: I like playing with wireless. I've been doing it since I got a HAM license over 50 years ago.
post #9437 of 16648 Old 08-24-2015, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^^^^^^ Thank you @JoeKustra for your reply and clarification.

The NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter is doing a fine job in my situation powering either my DVR+ or my Pioneer Tuner/Amp.

Couldn't do both because I was trying to use incorrect "splitter", not any fault of the WNCE2001 at all.

I have now ordered the Ethernet "SWITCH" that will allow sharing of Ethernet LAN by both Components.
Spoiler!

Art
JoeKustra likes this.
post #9438 of 16648 Old 08-24-2015, 07:32 AM

JoeKustra , pilotart

Thank you both for your input. Have a good day.

Vincent
post #9439 of 16648 Old 08-24-2015, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticimaging View Post
Is it only people with USB powered hard drives that are having the lock up issue?
No.
post #9440 of 16648 Old 08-25-2015, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Jailbreak update:

tHe #Illuminati TeAM has made huge progress in what will be a public released JB for DVR+. We have successfully gotten XBMC/Kodi installed with add-one like Genisis, SportsDevil, and NaviX! This is a huge step forward for us in getting additional Live Streams, Movies and TV shows on the DVR+.

We don't have a timeline for the release, as we are still working though some technical challenges, and packaging the JB firmware. We also recognize the "cat and mouse" game from CM, so are we aren't letting the cat out of the bag.

cheers SAIDias
blakepro and jericko76 like this.
post #9441 of 16648 Old 08-25-2015, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Jailbreak update:

tHe #Illuminati TeAM has made huge progress in what will be a public released JB for DVR+. We have successfully gotten XBMC/Kodi installed with add-one like Genisis, SportsDevil, and NaviX! This is a huge step forward for us in getting additional Live Streams, Movies and TV shows on the DVR+.

We don't have a timeline for the release, as we are still working though some technical challenges, and packaging the JB firmware. We also recognize the "cat and mouse" game from CM, so are we aren't letting the cat out of the bag.

cheers SAIDias
jericko76 likes this.
post #9442 of 16648 Old 08-25-2015, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up Success in sharing Ethernet detween DVR+ & Netradio

Quote:
The NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter is doing a fine job in my situation powering either my DVR+ or my Pioneer Tuner/Amp.

Couldn't do both because I was trying to use incorrect "splitter", not any fault of the WNCE2001 at all.

I have now ordered the Ethernet "SWITCH" that will allow sharing of Ethernet LAN by both Components.
Spoiler!

Art
Got to love that Amazon, ordered 'Switch' yesterday and 'free' Prime Delivery at 1 PM today.

Simply connected the 16' Ethernet extension from WiFi Ethernet Adapter (across the room) into the switch and plugged both the DVR+ and Pioneer Amp's Ethernet's into the switch, viola all Green Lights.

Pressed [NET] on Pioneer and the Swiss Jazz Station I had tuned in Saturday was there. Started DVR+ and it switched Pioneer to [TV] and came on with no Network issues.

DVR+ is currently paused on playback, Swiss Jazz playing while I type this and the switch's green LED's for both DVR+ and Pioneer are flashing to indicate they are both getting data.
Art
JoeKustra likes this.
post #9443 of 16648 Old 08-25-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Got to love that Amazon, ordered 'Switch' yesterday and 'free' Prime Delivery at 1 PM today.

Simply connected the 16' Ethernet extension from WiFi Ethernet Adapter (across the room) into the switch and plugged both the DVR+ and Pioneer Amp's Ethernet's into the switch, viola all Green Lights.

Pressed [NET] on Pioneer and the Swiss Jazz Station I had tuned in Saturday was there. Started DVR+ and it switched Pioneer to [TV] and came on with no Network issues.

DVR+ is currently paused on playback, Swiss Jazz playing while I type this and the switch's green LED's for both DVR+ and Pioneer are flashing to indicate they are both getting data.
Art
great pilotart, I will try it. thanks for sharing.

vincent
post #9444 of 16648 Old 08-26-2015, 04:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^^ @vince48 I don't know what you may have already ordered, but looking at the:
amazon.com/Linksys-Wireless-AC-Universal-Connector-WUMC710

from @JoeKustra 's recommendation, you may also want to consider that one.

The cost is similar to the total cost (not counting extra junk I bought) of the WiFi Adapter plus the Ethernet Switch I bought. One advantage is that it is 'All-in-One' with the (4-way) Switch built in.

In my case, there was an advantage in moving the WiFi Adapter 16' away from my Component/Speakers stack (now there's cost of extension added) and of course I already had the NetGear (single Jack) Adapter before considering feeding Pioneer.

Rest of this I will hide under "Spoiler Tags" as although DVR+ offers Pandora, I consider it too far 'Off-Topic' to take space on this Thread:
Spoiler!

Art
post #9445 of 16648 Old 08-26-2015, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Lightbulb Pandora

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Is there a forum where Pandora can be discussed?
Now there must be, but my only interest was DVR+ & Pandora.
Spoiler!

Art

Last edited by pilotart; 08-26-2015 at 06:16 AM. Reason: "Radio-Swiss-Jazz"
post #9446 of 16648 Old 08-26-2015, 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=pilotart;36789226]^^^^ @vince48 I don't know what you may have already ordered, but looking at the:
amazon.com/Linksys-Wireless-AC-Universal-Connector-WUMC710

from @JoeKustra's recommendation, you may also want to consider that one.

pilotart
haven't purchase anything yet, but the Linksys looks like the one to get. Thanks again to both of you for sharing the knowledge. Have a great day.

Vincent
post #9447 of 16648 Old 08-26-2015, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Is this the NetRadio you are looking at? My AVR uses a Yradio, which is really vTuner. Sony's have it too, but it sucks with Sony.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetRadio
Could you guys take your off topic conversation to emails? This thread is way too full of this kind of stuff, and more is definitely not needed.
artisticimaging, LenL and MKS13 like this.
post #9448 of 16648 Old 08-26-2015, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Glad somebody finally said it - some of us are no where near following the recent discussions - would like to know why the blue /red lights do not work consistently.
artisticimaging and LenL like this.
post #9449 of 16648 Old 08-26-2015, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^^^^^^ @JoeKustra , Yes according to the Manual it has a Pioneer edition of vtuner and they reference this website:

http://pioneer.vtuner.com/setupapp/p...gin/SignIn.asp

I'm just glad I tried it out first before looking at that manual or website.
Spoiler!

Art
post #9450 of 16648 Old 08-26-2015, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieoc View Post
Glad somebody finally said it - some of us are no where near following the recent discussions - would like to know why the blue /red lights do not work consistently.
For me it occurred once, about six hours after Ethernet feed that DVR+ didn't care for. Seemed fine at night, LED's were completely out in the morning, although recording and playback functioned fine. By Noon, Record/Playback were gone, but live TV w/pause etc. were fine. Still no LED except for momentary dim blue flash when turning on/off w/remote.

Only that one instance over a week ago and a cold boot fixed it.

Other Ethernet 'errors' caused lack of access to Guide and DVR and delay in re-connecting "wired", but Blue/Red LED's, bright & dim have worked normally through out them.

Glad my Ethernet problems are finally solved.

You might try removing your Ethernet or USB WiFi temporarily to see what effect that has on your problem with blue /red LED's.
Art
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , 999 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , maintenance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page