Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 372 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4182Likes

post #11131 of 16648 Old 02-24-2016, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepro View Post
Just curious:
For those of you having issues with streaming and/or slingTV, are you using a wireless or wired connection? Just wondering if the connection type has anything to do with the problems.
Mine are all wired.

I have noticed something interesting in the last few days.

The DVR+ in our media room is problematic with Sling TV. Freezes, exits to Live TV and occasionally a volume issue. This unit is the internal 1TB unit.

The two DVR+ connected to other TV's have shown no issues with Sling TV. I can leave either of those on for hours with no issues in Sling TV. Both of those units are the non internal hard drive type. I have no external drives connect to them.

All 3 units are running the latest firmware. All three units are wired for connectivity.

So....could there be something different enough with the internal drive model to cause the Sling TV issues? Could it somehow be related to the hard drive? I dunno, just something I began to notice over the last few days and will continue to keep watch on.
pachinko likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11132 of 16648 Old 02-25-2016, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerburke View Post
So....could there be something different enough with the internal drive model to cause the Sling TV issues? Could it somehow be related to the hard drive? I dunno, just something I began to notice over the last few days and will continue to keep watch on.
Both of my DVR+ units use the external USB drive, not internal. Both are wired and are running the latest firmware. I do get occasional dropouts on Sling TV.

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
post #11133 of 16648 Old 02-25-2016, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
Quote:
The Samsung TV tuner still does significantly better than the DVR+ tuner in this regard...
Remember that there is a splitter inside the DVR+, so the DVR+ starts with half the signal (in theory).
just curious but wouldn't the splitting make the dvr+ less likely to find more channels than a single-tuner tv when scanning for them? or handling a signal vs finding it in the first place are independent capabilities?

I have a 2014 samsung tv, live 15 mi. from the local cluster of most of the area's broadcast towers, face them directly, and while my dvr+ is unquestionably better at finding channels to add than my tv is, the tv is unquestionably better when it comes to weak/'problematic'(?) signals for channels both have found.

for example on one troublesome channel I can have heavy pixelation on the dvr+, move the antenna coax to the tv (just above the dvr+) and it's rock solid. move back to dvr+ and pixelation, back to tv and it's fine. for those instances where the tv also starts to pixelate I move the coax back to the dvr+ and it's even worse there, just a black screen. I've tried this over many days at various times and it was always a similar result.

I realize this is anecdotal but it makes me wonder if there's variability in dvr+ hardware tuner parts where some of us get a good one, some don't, or maybe a software/fw prob in how it manages the tuners, etc.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11134 of 16648 Old 02-25-2016, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
ChannelMaster read this about Sling--possible condition causing Sling issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerburke View Post
Mine are all wired.

I have noticed something interesting in the last few days.

The DVR+ in our media room is problematic with Sling TV. Freezes, exits to Live TV and occasionally a volume issue. This unit is the internal 1TB unit.

The two DVR+ connected to other TV's have shown no issues with Sling TV. I can leave either of those on for hours with no issues in Sling TV. Both of those units are the non internal hard drive type. I have no external drives connect to them.

All 3 units are running the latest firmware. All three units are wired for connectivity.

Interesting, I've noticed same thing.
Both DVR+ are wireless only and on current version.
Living room is external hard drive.
Bedroom is internal hard drive.

Living room, I must use iphone or pc to watch Sling.
In the bedroom, I go to bed at night watching CNN on SLing with no issues.
hmmmmm
post #11135 of 16648 Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent2174 View Post
Interesting, I've noticed same thing.
Both DVR+ are wireless only and on current version.
Living room is external hard drive.
Bedroom is internal hard drive.

Living room, I must use iphone or pc to watch Sling.
In the bedroom, I go to bed at night watching CNN on SLing with no issues.
hmmmmm
What happens if you remove the external hard drive on the living room DVR+. letting it revert to the 16GB internal, and watch Sling that way.
artisticimaging and pachinko like this.
post #11136 of 16648 Old 02-25-2016, 01:15 PM

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS13 View Post
What happens if you remove the external hard drive on the living room DVR+. letting it revert to the 16GB internal, and watch Sling that way.
that would be nice test, however I am not willing to detach HHD since i had so many start up issues with the process.
BTW, the bedroom has internal 1TB, not just the 16GB.
post #11137 of 16648 Old 02-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_eddie View Post
just curious but wouldn't the splitting make the dvr+ less likely to find more channels than a single-tuner tv when scanning for them? or handling a signal vs finding it in the first place are independent capabilities?
Generally, yes, but it's possible to overdrive a tuner. In that case, attenuation provided by the splitter can improve signal.
Quote:
I have a 2014 samsung tv, live 15 mi. from the local cluster of most of the area's broadcast towers, face them directly, and while my dvr+ is unquestionably better at finding channels to add than my tv is, the tv is unquestionably better when it comes to weak/'problematic'(?) signals for channels both have found.

for example on one troublesome channel I can have heavy pixelation on the dvr+, move the antenna coax to the tv (just above the dvr+) and it's rock solid. move back to dvr+ and pixelation, back to tv and it's fine. for those instances where the tv also starts to pixelate I move the coax back to the dvr+ and it's even worse there, just a black screen. I've tried this over many days at various times and it was always a similar result.
I would guess that the splitter in the DVR+ is attenuating a marginal signal.

Quote:
I realize this is anecdotal but it makes me wonder if there's variability in dvr+ hardware tuner parts where some of us get a good one, some don't, or maybe a software/fw prob in how it manages the tuners, etc.?
I do not think there is variation between different tuners of the same model unless one is broken.
MKS13 likes this.
post #11138 of 16648 Old 02-25-2016, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
old days

The Digital world is unable to understand what, in the analog world is already known.
The turntable may be outputting 100% but with a warped record, the amplified signal will ruin the woofer and distort the QUALITY of the sound. Only the rumble filter saved the low end and the Hi filter kept the scratches tolerable.
Yes, it is100%. But of what? Quality is the key.

Tuners today are DIGITAL. Quality is still the key and when analog broadcasts were it, with a willing spouse(on the roof... turning your Yagi a little to the left NO, NO, NO, a little to the right) you could SEE the difference so when they had to cook dinner, you could watch a decent Star Trek and enjoy your Swanson salisbury steak in black and white and know Spock WAS green.
post #11139 of 16648 Old 02-26-2016, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hello,
Just registered and have a quick question(s)
Have had the 1TB DVR+ for about two years and worked "perfectly". However yesterday apparently the HDD has failed (watched a show and went to start next and got the dreaded HDD failed message). . Did the cold, cold boot (waited 15 minutes with power unplugged, still no joy), then a re-initalize HDD where you lose all programming, but that failed after a minute with error message. Sent message to CM tech support to advise repair costs and turnaround time.

Q: Does HDD always spin or does it turn off whether the blue light is bright or dim (on/off)?
Q: Once a week we record 12 hours of video straight, no breaks, would this have stressed the HDD beyond reasonable use?
Q: Since the tuners seem to work OK, would buying an external 1TB drive make sense, or is it cheaper to get DVR+ repaired ( if external breaks, buy new and keep going)?
Q: Would buying new DVR+ have newer improved electronics and HDD, and make more sense than sending two year old back for repair and telling them to not update software to (apparently buggy) latest version (SW not broke don't upgrade).
Thanks
post #11140 of 16648 Old 02-26-2016, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitess View Post
...you could watch a decent Star Trek and enjoy your Swanson salisbury steak in black and white and know Spock WAS green.
well, his blood at least.
post #11141 of 16648 Old 02-26-2016, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanative View Post
Q: Does HDD always spin or does it turn off whether the blue light is bright or dim (on/off)?
I believe the internal HDD always spins. Presumably CM uses an HDD model rated for this.
Quote:
Q: Once a week we record 12 hours of video straight, no breaks, would this have stressed the HDD beyond reasonable use?
In my opinion no. The DVR+ is recording whenever it's on; many folks will have it on for 12 hours at a stretch at least once a week
Quote:
Q: Since the tuners seem to work OK, would buying an external 1TB drive make sense, or is it cheaper to get DVR+ repaired ( if external breaks, buy new and keep going)?
That's probably what I would do. An external 1TB drive would only be around $50. It's very unlikely CM can repair yours for less, and you'd have the advantage of being able to plug the external HDD into a PC to back it up.
Quote:
Q: Would buying new DVR+ have newer improved electronics and HDD, and make more sense than sending two year old back for repair and telling them to not update software to (apparently buggy) latest version (SW not broke don't upgrade).
No one has reported any hardware changes to the DVR+, so you'd probably get an identical unit.

BTW, the latest firmware version is not that buggy. (The new Sling app and CMTV are rather buggy, but you don't have to use them!) My usual advice is, if you have version 115R, the original remote, and an HDD of 2TB or less, stick with 115R (unless you really want CMTV or Sling on your DVR+); otherwise go ahead and update to 132R.
post #11142 of 16648 Old 02-26-2016, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Hello,
Have had the 1TB DVR+ for about two years and worked "perfectly". However yesterday apparently the HDD has failed (watched a show and went to start next and got the dreaded HDD failed message). . Did the cold, cold boot (waited 15 minutes with power unplugged, still no joy), then a re-initalize HDD where you lose all programming, but that failed after a minute with error message. Sent message to CM tech support to advise repair costs and turnaround time.

Q1: Does HDD always spin or does it turn off whether the blue light is bright or dim (on/off)?
Q2: Once a week we record 12 hours of video straight, no breaks, would this have stressed the HDD beyond reasonable use?
Q3: Since the tuners seem to work OK, would buying an external 1TB drive make sense, or is it cheaper to get DVR+ repaired ( if external breaks, buy new and keep going)?
Q4: Would buying new DVR+ have newer improved electronics and HDD, and make more sense than sending two year old back for repair and telling them to not update software to (apparently buggy) latest version (SW not broke don't upgrade).
Thanks
Q1: No idea; don't have this model.
Q2: No, but all hard drives fail. It is not a matter of if, but when.
Q3: No doubt, buying a new HD is the less expensive option and is also no doubt the faster path to a working DVR+ again.
Q4: IDK about electronics changes, but I echo @JHBrandt that release 132R is not "buggy" in general. If you have had your DVR+ for 2 years with the factory firmware, it is probably at either 108R or 114R. Relative to those, 132R will change the function of the color buttons on the remote and a few other changes, but apart from the reliability of the CMTV operation and Sling operation, it is on the whole a sound release, IMO.
post #11143 of 16648 Old 02-26-2016, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks
Have you tried the “Check Disk” option? It's just below the “Re-Initialize Storage Device” option.

Q3: IMHO, investing in an External USB HDD is a good option, and should get you up and running quickly. It is much more flexible than the internal HDD as it is easy to replace, you can have as many as you want, and it’s relatively easy to archive recordings on a computer.

If you decide not to have it repaired by CM, another option is to open the box, disconnect the disk drive, and try formatting it on a computer. If that works, reconnect to the DVR+ and see if it reinitializes upon being connected. Of course this depends upon your comfort and skill level, and you probably should not do it otherwise. While reliability might be questionable, maybe it's worth a try?

PS, if you do open the box, please post a series of pictures, including close ups of the various areas. Currently we only have pics of the 16GB internals.

Last edited by pachinko; 03-11-2016 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo
post #11144 of 16648 Old 02-26-2016, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Red face Thanks for broken DVR+ box advice!

Thank you for your replies. I was considering just getting the external 1TB drive but wondered if software would see it knowing the internal HDD was kaput. Will go to CM for list of acceptable drives then check if best buy has any. Or are there newer better ones that work as well as the recommended?

As retired EE and with a well equipped workbench I am just fearless enough to pull it apart just to see whats under the hood. If I do I will post images assuming AVS site uses jpg format.

As an aside, I found that TP-Link model Tl-WN822N works perfectly with the DVR+ box. Got it from Staples on sale for $20. Work fine with my slow 2MB DSL line and netgear wifi router.
pachinko likes this.
post #11145 of 16648 Old 02-26-2016, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
...then check if best buy has any....
Probably less $ at Amazon or Newegg. You could at least use that to get Best Buy to price match.
post #11146 of 16648 Old 02-26-2016, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for your replies. I was considering just getting the external 1TB drive but wondered if software would see it knowing the internal HDD was kaput. Will go to CM for list of acceptable drives then check if best buy has any. Or are there newer better ones that work as well as the recommended?
I don’t know about newer/better USB HDDs, but drives other than those listed by CM are known to work, although there used to be lots of issues with certain 2TB drives. Since you’re still running a version prior to 124R, keep in mind that if you decide on a HDD larger than 2TB, the DVR+ will only use 2TB, wasting the rest.

If you do have your box repaired, and they install the current version, you should know that you can reinstall any older version of software that you would like, provided that version was released for download (115R and 123R were not), and you have a copy (you can find a link for them at https://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post34956393).

I don’t think anyone has previously reported a failed internal HDD, so this is just speculation, but I would think that the DVR+ will accept an EHD without issue because it should have already disconnected the internal HDD and switched to “Internal Storage”. You can verify by going to Menu, DVR, DVR Setup, where it should show “Internal Storage Device” at the top of the window, and the option “Connect External Drive” as one of the options.

On a unit with a working internal HDD, when an EHD is plugged in, the DVR+ will ask which storage device is to be used, either the internal, or the external disk, as it supports only one at a time. As such, there is already code in the software that should take care of disconnecting the internal HDD (assuming no bugs).

Quote:
As retired EE and with a well equipped workbench I am just fearless enough to pull it apart just to see whats under the hood. If I do I will post images assuming AVS site uses jpg format.
Oh, good! Should be no problem for you! In case you don’t know, the DVR+ formats the disks for a Linux system (EXT4). If you want to connect a disk to a Windows computer, you’ll need to install a program like the freeware Ext2Fsd in order to get drive letters assigned to the two partitions that are on the disk. However, if all you want to do is reformat the disk using Windows Disk Manager, you do not need Ext2Fsd. The partitions will have to be deleted first before they will format. The format type used, and number of partitions are not important, as the DVR+ will reformat it to its liking, even if the disk was formatted as EXT4 on a Linux box.

The AVS Forum accepts these file types: bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, and zip. You can also insert an image into the text using the URL for the pic.

Quote:
As an aside, I found that TP-Link model Tl-WN822N works perfectly with the DVR+ box. Got it from Staples on sale for $20. Work fine with my slow 2MB DSL line and netgear wifi router.
Thanks for the scoop on this WiFi adapter!
post #11147 of 16648 Old 02-27-2016, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked: 4101
Uhm.. let's keep discussion to the DVR+ PLEASE.

We have other sections for dealing with reception issues. I've moved the discussion to the Dallas thread in the Local Reception area.

Thanks.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.

Last edited by DrDon; 02-27-2016 at 07:32 AM.
post #11148 of 16648 Old 02-28-2016, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
Uhm.. let's keep discussion to the DVR+ PLEASE.

We have other sections for dealing with reception issues. I've moved the discussion to the Dallas thread in the Local Reception area.

Thanks.
Without reception what good is the DVR+?????
post #11149 of 16648 Old 02-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Free Wi-Fi USB adaptor offer ends today 2/28
post #11150 of 16648 Old 02-28-2016, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 275
I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug, or just something that is normal to all computers but the phenomenon has happened twice now. When using the remote to turn on the DVR+ I will see the dim red light blink off, then on but the DVR+ doesn't turn on. It's not every time, but it seems to happen more frequently until the remote pretty much ceases to work for the DVR, at which point I do a cold boot, at which point it returns to normal. The volume and input selectors aren't affected by this, as they TV volume works fine, and I can switch between all inputs. A cold boot seems to solve everything involved, and the remote works fine until the problem starts up again, which has been twice. I'll also add that sometimes the TV doesn't turn on when I use the DVR+ remote, but because the DVR+ sits about a foot below the TV I've chalked that up to the alignment of the sensors and where I am in the room when I try to turn the DVR+ and the RV on. My impression is that this behavior is like any computer that locks up, forcing you to either unplug it or to hold the power button down until it performs a forced shutdown. That's why I'm not sure if it fits the definition of a bug, or if overtime things just get overloaded.
post #11151 of 16648 Old 02-28-2016, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS13 View Post
Without reception what good is the DVR+?????
I was hoping that I was keeping on topic by relating the reception problems to the DVR+ vs. other tuners, but I reckon I slid into the marsh...
pilotart likes this.
post #11152 of 16648 Old 02-28-2016, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug, or just something that is normal to all computers but the phenomenon has happened twice now. When using the remote to turn on the DVR+ I will see the dim red light blink off, then on but the DVR+ doesn't turn on. It's not every time, but it seems to happen more frequently until the remote pretty much ceases to work for the DVR, at which point I do a cold boot, at which point it returns to normal. The volume and input selectors aren't affected by this, as they TV volume works fine, and I can switch between all inputs. A cold boot seems to solve everything involved, and the remote works fine until the problem starts up again, which has been twice. I'll also add that sometimes the TV doesn't turn on when I use the DVR+ remote, but because the DVR+ sits about a foot below the TV I've chalked that up to the alignment of the sensors and where I am in the room when I try to turn the DVR+ and the RV on. My impression is that this behavior is like any computer that locks up, forcing you to either unplug it or to hold the power button down until it performs a forced shutdown. That's why I'm not sure if it fits the definition of a bug, or if overtime things just get overloaded.
For what it's worth, the Front Panel LED on my DVR+ (version is 132R) does not blink off, it instantly jumps between dim and bright, whether it's blue or red.

Are you sure it's not the batteries? A while back, when I ran tests on the "flat" remote control using weak batteries, the buttons that control TV functions would work flawlessly, while those for the DVR+ would often do nothing. I still have those batteries (they are even weaker now), so I just gave them a try. The red light under the remote's DVR+ power button is very faint, and nothing happens on the DVR+, no Front Panel LED blinking or any response to any DVR+ buttons at all. But the TV buttons work a couple of times, then stop working. After a minute the batteries recuperate enough to work the TV once or twice more.

I have noticed that when the Live TV channel is having reception issues, especially when there is no signal at all, the DVR+ seems to hang up for 10 seconds or so, likely waiting to acquire the signal, and none of the remote commands are accepted. Could it be something like that?
post #11153 of 16648 Old 02-28-2016, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
Are you sure it's not the batteries? A while back, when I ran tests on the "flat" remote control using weak batteries, the buttons that control TV functions would work flawlessly, while those for the DVR+ would often do nothing. I still have those batteries (they are even weaker now), so I just gave them a try. The red light under the remote's DVR+ power button is very faint, and nothing happens on the DVR+, no Front Panel LED blinking or any response to any DVR+ buttons at all. But the TV buttons work a couple of times, then stop working. After a minute the batteries recuperate enough to work the TV once or twice more.
I have the flat remote, but the batteries were changed out about 4-6 weeks ago after the original batteries were going 4 legs in the air. I'll pay closer attention if the next time if the problem starts up again, but I'm pretty sure it was going from dim red to black, then black to dim red again because I was thinking it was in the process of firing up before it went back to dim red and stayed there. A few days ago it quit functioning altogether, which is when I did the cold boot. It's worked without problem or delay since then, so I scratched low batteries from the list of possible causes. This last time I also tweaked on the side contacts for both batteries because of what people have posted here about the poor contacts, so if it is a battery issue I would think that it was more of a contact issue than a low battery issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
I have noticed that when the Live TV channel is having reception issues, especially when there is no signal at all, the DVR+ seems to hang up for 10 seconds or so, likely waiting to acquire the signal, and none of the remote commands are accepted. Could it be something like that?
I've noticed that as well, but like you I associated it with a poor signal.
post #11154 of 16648 Old 02-29-2016, 12:26 AM
Advanced Member

For those prone to experimentation...

If you want to get your Mad Scientist on you might try running some experiments when Daylight Savings Time rolls around in a couple of weeks. In 2016 DST begins at 2:00AM, on March 13. Last year when DST ended I posted my experience here. I have no idea how it will work this time, but I plan to set up two scheduled recordings if the Guide has programs that fit the criteria: One that runs from 12:00AM - 3:00AM, and one that starts at 3:00AM and runs till 4:30AM. If there are no programs in the Guide that match those criteria I'll set up manual recordings. If anyone else has ideas for testing the spacetime continuum in this regard, post your scheduling ideas here and we can compare experiences on the other side...if our DVR+ survives the event horizon. And for those who are of a gambling mind, I wouldn't be averse to a neutral party making book on what might happen...
post #11155 of 16648 Old 02-29-2016, 03:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
I was hoping that I was keeping on topic by relating the reception problems to the DVR+ vs. other tuners, but I reckon I slid into the marsh...
You'll learn. Since 2004, 5% of the posts in that thread contain "DVR", so that thread needs some cleaning up.
pilotart likes this.
post #11156 of 16648 Old 02-29-2016, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 502
I'm glad to know there are region specific threads available:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-loc...read-here.html

For my location, no DVR questions or answers and one Antenna topic question since 2012. It's mostly all about Comcast or Prism questions and Sat-TV.

I agree that information about DVR+'s Tuners especially relative to other tuners and connection issues belong on this thread unless they're about region specific reception/antenna issues.
Art
DrDon and anant like this.
post #11157 of 16648 Old 02-29-2016, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 450
DrDon only goes to where he's called. I'll give you one chance to figure out who calls him.
OncleJulien likes this.
post #11158 of 16648 Old 02-29-2016, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
I have the flat remote, but the batteries were changed out about 4-6 weeks ago after the original batteries were going 4 legs in the air. This last time I also tweaked on the side contacts for both batteries because of what people have posted here about the poor contacts, so if it is a battery issue I would think that it was more of a contact issue than a low battery issue.
You need to stretch the central spring under the battery up a bit too. If you grab the very center with tweezers while holding the outside of the spiral you can get it to stick up a bit. Just make sure you do not pull on the connection end of the center spring. It worked great for me to increase the battery function.
MKS13 likes this.
post #11159 of 16648 Old 02-29-2016, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Looks like H2 has changed over to 'Viceland'....bit of a bummer in my eyes. I originally thought this was a channel switch by Sling but apparently the switch is from the networks and the second History channel is just that....history. I would be more disappointed if this happened about 6 months ago or before H2 went all aliens all the time.
post #11160 of 16648 Old 02-29-2016, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
remote batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmn1 View Post
You need to stretch the central spring under the battery up a bit too. If you grab the very center with tweezers while holding the outside of the spiral you can get it to stick up a bit. Just make sure you do not pull on the connection end of the center spring. It worked great for me to increase the battery function.
A similar battery is used on the remote control of my Corvette. We have found that the batteries that are knurled on one side often make poor contact and it is best to get batteries that are flat and usually a bit rough on the survace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , 999 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , maintenance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page