Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 444 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4168Likes

post #13291 of 16599 Old 11-26-2016, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alainl12 View Post
Pachino, I used this drive, actually the 4tb version. I stopped because I had audio dropouts in time shift. Since I used the dvr+ in time shift a lot, it was annoying.

Do you have audio dropouts in time shift with your unit?
No, although I don't do much of that with Live TV, but when I do I've never had any audio issues. I have no complaints about the WD 3TB My Book USB 3.0 model WDBFJK0030HBK-04-NESN, or the two WD 1TB My Passport USB disks either (models WDBZFP0010BBL-NESN and WDBGPU0010BBL-0B, which are mostly used for DVR+ Lister development, but not always).

The only issues I have I consider to be the typical OTA reception issues (mostly weather or season issues on some channels). I've "hidden" all channels that are not in what I would call my market area, and those that I haven't hidden are all within 11 degree of arc, and about 40 miles away.

The attachment is the TVFool chart of my area, and the only channels I allow I've encircled in red (only green and yellow areas in a narrow slice of the pie). That gives me 24 channels (after hiding a bunch of the sub-channels), and that is more than I can keep up with!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Only Channels I don't Hide.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1790593  

Last edited by pachinko; 11-26-2016 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Added attachment and text to go along with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13292 of 16599 Old 11-26-2016, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
No, although I don't do much of that with Live TV, but when I do I've never had any audio issues. I have no complaints about the WD 3TB My Book USB 3.0 model WDBFJK0030HBK-04-NESN, or the two WD 1TB My Passport USB disks either (models WDBZFP0010BBL-NESN and WDBGPU0010BBL-0B, which are mostly used for DVR+ Lister development, but not always).

The only issues I have I consider to be the typical OTA reception issues (mostly weather or season issues on some channels). I've "hidden" all channels that are not in what I would call my market area, and those that I haven't hidden are all within 11 degree of arc, and about 40 miles away.

The attachment is the TVFool chart of my area, and the only channels I allow I've encircled in red (only green and yellow areas in a narrow slice of the pie). That gives me 24 channels (after hiding a bunch of the sub-channels), and that is more than I can keep up with!
Since I switched to the wd my passport ultra WDBGPU0010BBK-NESN, several issues I had with the dvr+ desapeared. But my local stations put a lot a pressure on the hard drive. Almost all of them are arround 17 mbps.

Some glitches that I had on some local stations that I thought was reception issues do not happen anymore since I have this drive and keep it under 50%. Though, I am still on 124r. I tested 134r but I keep coming back to 124r.

So I stopped testing my system and started enjoying my dvr+. Having a small form factor hard drive is convenient because I transfer ts files to my computer on a weakly basis.
post #13293 of 16599 Old 11-26-2016, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So I stopped testing my system and started enjoying my dvr+.
I'm definitely with you on that!

Quote:
Having a small form factor hard drive is convenient because I transfer ts files to my computer on a weakly basis.
Yeah, that's why I normally use the My Passport disks when coding DVR+ Lister.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13294 of 16599 Old 11-26-2016, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

TinyUpload has been down for at least 17 hours now. As such, I'm looking for a new file hoster. Please click HERE to read my post on the DVR+ Lister thread about this, and how to get the download link for DVR+ Lister 15.7.3 from the file host SaberCat.
post #13295 of 16599 Old 11-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
TinyUpload has been down for at least 17 hours now.
For what it's worth, Tiny Upload is up again. I'm happy to report that I successfully downloaded DVR+ Lister and it opens fine on my computer.

Unfortunately tonight my DVR+ is very occupado. Two goodies, both of which I'm recording, William Inge's The Picnic from PBS and Orson Welles' classic movie The Stranger on CUNY. Tomorrow morning it's going to be very busy recording the Sunday morning talk shows. So it looks like I won't have a chance to take DVR+ Lister out for a spin and kick the tires until tomorrow afternoon.

Happy to report that, after a lot of research and education, I bought a new antenna, the Mohu 30 Leaf, and am happy to report that, while it is still not as good as my TV, at least I'm getting satisfactory reception from the five stations I really care about, CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS and CUNY. And, more importantly, I'm getting good reception from all of them AT THE SAME TIME simply by facing the antenna directly East out of my window. Which means that most of the time, including recordings, the antenna will have a set-and-forget position that, apparently, I can depend on.

The other outstanding item on my to-do list, other than taking DVR+ Lister for a spin, is working my way through pages 15-29 of the DVR+ User Guide at http://downloads.channelmaster.com/S...User-Guide.pdf , and really making sure I know all the nooks and crannies of the device. Hopefully I'll get that done on Monday, at which point this whole process will be complete for the time being.

After that, I sit tight until February, when my Verizon FIOS discounts run out, I cancel the FIOS TV, and I pick a streaming service for my must-have cable channels (CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and SyFy). At the moment that means PlayStation Vue for $40 a month, for which I ran a free trial two weeks ago and with which I was quite happy. Between now and February, however, things could change. I hear tell that both Hulu and Direct TV, within that period of time, may roll out their own streaming service. If they also have those four channels, then I may have more than one option for me to free trial and check out. The other major streaming service, Sling, doesn't have Fox News or MSNBC the last I checked.

As for my Verizon FIOS box, since there's no way to extract the stuff I want to save long-term from it in HD, I'll probably make standard definition dubs of the most important items to my DVD recorder before surrendering it.

Which means that hopefully, by March 1st, my decades-long indentured servitude to the cable TV industry will be nothing more than a memory. Hip, hip, hooray!
pachinko likes this.
post #13296 of 16599 Old 11-26-2016, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2694 Post(s)
Liked: 1328
The Sling World News Extra package does include MSNBC if you choose their Blue package for the basic subscription. Total cost $30/mo. (Go to www.sling.com, click the Blue package, then click the big + sign under the list of basic channels.)

I think you're right about Fox News though, which surprises me They carry The Blaze, so I don't think it's anti-conservative bias, and Sling Blue carries many other Fox-owned channels; but I don't see Fox News listed.

So I guess it's still out of the running for your purposes; I just wanted to correct the record on MSNBC.
post #13297 of 16599 Old 11-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks like I need another Channel Master....
My wife wants hers returned to her control.....
DAMNIT!
pachinko likes this.

I got some junk scattered around the house...
post #13298 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 01:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Zimkas View Post
Looks like I need another Channel Master....
My wife wants hers returned to her control.....
DAMNIT!
Lucky for you they are running $100 off the 1TB version.
post #13299 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Seems odd that CM didn't have much of a Black Friday special on the 16 GB version this year. They do have the $279 bundle with a 1 TB external HDD; a good deal but not that great of a deal....
post #13300 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
The Sling World News Extra package does include MSNBC if you choose their Blue package for the basic subscription. Total cost $30/mo. (Go to www.sling.com, click the Blue package, then click the big + sign under the list of basic channels.)

I think you're right about Fox News though, which surprises me They carry The Blaze, so I don't think it's anti-conservative bias, and Sling Blue carries many other Fox-owned channels; but I don't see Fox News listed.

So I guess it's still out of the running for your purposes; I just wanted to correct the record on MSNBC.
I think Fox News is anti-streaming in the way that ESPN always was before the "breakthrough" with Sling, and Fox hasn't come around yet. So I don't think there's any bias involved.

You can catch show segments of Fox News on their Roku channel, usually 3 to 8 minute segments of their pundit / opinion shows. Shepherd Smith's news show (forget the name) and Special Report, the political news show, do have segments also. During the election night coverage they had their live election news streamed through Roku as well. I thought cutting the cord would make me miss the live news feeds you get from CNN, Fox, et. al, but I found the local stations carry the same news just fine. I do miss the pundit shows, but for Special Report they do stream the segments I would usually watch anyway.
post #13301 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The Sling World News Extra package does include MSNBC if you choose their Blue package for the basic subscription. Total cost $30/mo. (Go to www.sling.com, click the Blue package, then click the big + sign under the list of basic channels.) I think you're right about Fox News though, which surprises me They carry The Blaze, so I don't think it's anti-conservative bias, and Sling Blue carries many other Fox-owned channels; but I don't see Fox News listed. So I guess it's still out of the running for your purposes; I just wanted to correct the record on MSNBC.
Thanks for the info. That may be an encouraging sign. If these services are continuing to expand their channels this means that none of the line-ups are written in stone. For the time being, neither Sling nor PlayStation Vue are insisting on term contracts. This means we can easily switch from service to service as their channel lineups change. Of course, that also means we need to get in the habit of staying on top of what's out there, and taking advantage of the continuing competition from month to month. Gee, sort of the way cable TV was originally supposed to work!
post #13302 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post
Lucky for you they are running $100 off the 1TB version.
Yup, that's the deal I grabbed. Not without a little hesitation, I confess. I don't plan on ever using the internal hard drive, 16 gigs or 1 tb, so I thought about the fact that the 16gb version probably has less heat and may last a little longer. In the end, however, what persuaded me was the portability of the 1 tb version. All one needs to make it work on the road is the antenna and an HDMI portable TV projector like this one: https://www.amazon.com/DeepLee-Wirel...dp/B01D3E2F34/ . All set.
post #13303 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
I think Fox News is anti-streaming in the way that ESPN always was before the "breakthrough" with Sling
Yeah, I had read that too, which is why I was so surprised/pleased when PlayStation Vue came out with their line-up; I wonder why Fox News made an exception for PS Vue. I hope they don't change their minds and yank it. PS Vue's already been impacted by Viacom's withdrawal. Didn't affect me but lots of folks were not happy about losing Comedy Central. Some talk that PS Vue should have cut their rates for a while as compensation. I hope the Viacom development is not the start of a trend.
post #13304 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by criggs View Post
Yup, that's the deal I grabbed. Not without a little hesitation, I confess. I don't plan on ever using the internal hard drive, 16 gigs or 1 tb, so I thought about the fact that the 16gb version probably has less heat and may last a little longer. In the end, however, what persuaded me was the portability of the 1 tb version. All one needs to make it work on the road is the antenna and an HDMI portable TV projector like this one: https://www.amazon.com/DeepLee-Wirel...dp/B01D3E2F34/ . All set.
Does anyone know if the internal HDD gets put to sleep when a USB EHD is used for the storage device? If yes, then normally there should be little extra heat in the box.

If that's the case, then having an internal HDD is somewhat of a benefit during the time when the EHD is attached to a computer to archive recordings, since scheduled shows will have a place to be stored. I say somewhat of a benefit because those recordings can't be easily moved later to the EHD, or easily archived on a computer. But at least recordings won't be missed when you forget to reconnect the EHD in a timely manner! Of course, a better way would be to have two EHDs.
post #13305 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Heat from a DVR+ internal HDD probably isn't much of an issue since it's a 2.5" HDD. Probably only uses a couple of watts.

It would still make sense to shut it down when disconnected, though, to extend its life. Therefore, CM & E* probably didn't bother.
pachinko likes this.
post #13306 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Heat from a DVR+ internal HDD probably isn't much of an issue since it's a 2.5" HDD. Probably only uses a couple of watts.

It would still make sense to shut it down when disconnected, though, to extend its life. Therefore, CM & E* probably didn't bother.
We did dig into the HDD power consumption recently - see pachinko post https://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post47514553
post #13307 of 16599 Old 11-27-2016, 09:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Does anyone know if the internal HDD gets put to sleep when a USB EHD is used for the storage device? If yes, then normally there should be little extra heat in the box.

If that's the case, then having an internal HDD is somewhat of a benefit during the time when the EHD is attached to a computer to archive recordings, since scheduled shows will have a place to be stored. I say somewhat of a benefit because those recordings can't be easily moved later to the EHD, or easily archived on a computer. But at least recordings won't be missed when you forget to reconnect the EHD in a timely manner! Of course, a better way would be to have two EHDs.
Quote:

Just for fun, I performed a little experiment and measured the disk temperature rise, using a RYOBI TEK4 IR thermometer. Since I don't have a DVR+ with an internal disk, I placed a WD 1TB USB My Passport Ultra inside a thin plastic enclosure, measuring about 5.25"x4.5"x1.5", with a plastic lid (the packaging used for 9 ounces of ham). The lid was sealed except for about 3" where the USB cable exited. The disk was then connected to a computer, and allowed to run for 30 minutes (I have a program that prevents it from going to sleep).

1. After copying 12 recordings (17.4GB total), from and to the same disk) the temperature rise was 20.3 degrees F.

2. Those recordings were deleted, and the same 12 recordings were copied again. The temperature rose another 4.7 degrees F.

3. Repeated a 3rd time, and the temperature rose another 2.2 degrees F.

The total rise was 27.2 degrees F. I didn't expect that much since that disk has always felt cool, but then it is NOT usually inside a plastic enclosure. Now it's noticeably warm at 97.2 degrees.

The disk was removed from the container and allowed to cool for 25 minutes (but prevented from sleeping through automatic access every 9 minutes). The temperature dropped 20.9 degrees F. I sure hope the DVR+ does put the internal HDD to sleep when not in use, especially when an EHD is being used for storage!

With the temperature stable after cooling outside of the plastic container, and with the disk propped up to have air flow all around, the same 12 recordings were copied, and the temperature rise was 7.9 degrees F. It was relatively cool to the touch.

Of course, this test is NOT precisely real world, with a different disk drive, different enclosure, and copying much faster (about 6.5 minutes) than actually making a recording, so take it for whatever this test is worth.

Last edited by pachinko; 11-28-2016 at 05:50 AM.
post #13308 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Of course, this test is NOT precisely real world, with a different disk drive, different enclosure, and copying much faster (about 6.5 minutes) than actually making a recording, so take it for whatever this test is worth.
I forget if the drive inside the DVR+ touches the outside case. It appears to be aluminum, and most case enclosures I've seen use the case itself as a heat sink. While the DVR+ is very thin there's a lot of surface area there to use as a heat sink.

Maybe someone with a DVR+ with internal drive can touch the case to see it is warmer where the drive is.
pachinko likes this.
post #13309 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Wouldn't you be able to tell if the internal drive is a sleep by seeing how fast it shows available recordings from the menu at start up?
JHBrandt likes this.
post #13310 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I forget if the drive inside the DVR+ touches the outside case. It appears to be aluminum, and most case enclosures I've seen use the case itself as a heat sink. While the DVR+ is very thin there's a lot of surface area there to use as a heat sink.

Maybe someone with a DVR+ with internal drive can touch the case to see it is warmer where the drive is.
Interesting point, but we do know that the internal HDD is cradled in a plastic caddy (click HERE for a photograph, and sketch of the caddy). It's difficult to determine if the HDD is recessed or not from the pic which shows the circuit board side. With the height of the caddy being 9.4mm, I guess it's possible that the other side of the HDD could touch the DVR+ case if the HDD is 9.5mm thick, but I'm guessing that wouldn't be a very positive contact. I haven't heard of there being any heat transfer material from those who have opened the box.

We've had a couple of reports of the case being warm above the HDD. The test we need is someone with an internal HDD, but using an EHD for the storage device, to check for heat above the right rear area of the box. Actual temperature readings from several locations on the box would be nice, both with and without the EHD as the storage device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticimaging View Post
Wouldn't you be able to tell if the internal drive is a sleep by seeing how fast it shows available recordings from the menu at start up?
There have been reports of that false message that the internal HDD is defective (or something like that) when the DVR+ awakes from Standby mode and the DVR button is pressed to view the recordings, and that indicates that the HDD was sleeping too. But does that tell us that the HDD is looses power when an EHD is used as the storage device?
post #13311 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Remember that external HDDs never lose power on the USB port as long as the DVR+ is plugged in, so I'd be rather surprised if power to an internal HDD is cut off. If it sleeps, it's likely to be via the same method that external HDDs use (i.e., an inactivity timer).

My bet is that it spins 24/7/365.
pachinko likes this.
post #13312 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
If I just have Verizon Fios local channels with no cable box or cable card would the Channel Master DVR+ work ?
post #13313 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET4 View Post
If I just have Verizon Fios local channels with no cable box or cable card would the Channel Master DVR+ work ?
No, you need to receive the channels through an antenna. Fios does not count.
post #13314 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
No, you need to receive the channels through an antenna. Fios does not count.
ok, thank you
post #13315 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
having an internal HDD is somewhat of a benefit during the time when the EHD is attached to a computer to archive recordings, since scheduled shows will have a place to be stored...at least recordings won't be missed when you forget to reconnect the EHD in a timely manner!
NOTE THAT MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE HERE WAS WRONG; THEY SENT ME THE WRONG UNIT; I HAVE THE 16GB UNIT, NOT THE 1TB UNIT.

Unfortunately it turns out that's not necessarily the case, apparently.

This afternoon, I disconnected the external drive and connected it to my computer to copy and edit some items I had recorded. I had programs scheduled to be recorded at 630PM Eastern, but I figured the internal drive would take care of that, and I'd watch them later.

So for a couple of hours I worked on the computer, mounting the DVR+ drive on my Windows box with Ext2fsd, making a copy of the file I wanted to my computer using DVR+ Lister, and then editing out the extraneous material and saving a new version which was smart-rendered, with no generation loss, using Smart Renderer 5. It was a pleasant and reassuring experience, verifying that I now have all the tools I need to do that sort of thing.

And then I sat down, about 730, to watch my 630 shows, recorded on the internal drive, figuring I'd re-attach the external drive after I finished watching them.

AND THEY WEREN'T THERE!!!

After some trouble-shooting, and some help from forum members here, I discovered what was going on. The internal 16gb drive is incapable of recording repeat items on the schedule, according to a pop-up I found in the DVR Series Options menu when I had not yet reconnected the external drive. It will only record one-time recordings, not series recordings.

Given the circumstances, Pachinko suggested I post a report on this bug in this discussion thread.

Is this a new problem? Is this a bug with 134R or do all the versions suffer from this limitation?

I was planning to take this thing on the road, and I had assumed I wouldn't have to lug along an external hard drive.

What do you all think about this? Thanks!

NOTE THAT I HAVE CHANGED THIS MESSAGE SINCE I DISCOVERED THEY SENT ME THE WRONG UNIT, AND I HAVE THE 16GB UNIT, NOT THE 1 TB UNIT.

Last edited by criggs; 11-28-2016 at 08:19 PM. Reason: To correct erroneous information
post #13316 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Interesting point, but we do know that the internal HDD is cradled in a plastic caddy (click HERE for a photograph, and sketch of the caddy). It's difficult to determine if the HDD is recessed or not from the pic which shows the circuit board side. With the height of the caddy being 9.4mm, I guess it's possible that the other side of the HDD could touch the DVR+ case if the HDD is 9.5mm thick, but I'm guessing that wouldn't be a very positive contact. I haven't heard of there being any heat transfer material from those who have opened the box.
Yeah, it looks like that plastic cradle does a nice job of insulating the drive from the case! Although it might have a "transfer plate" that is part of the case that touches the area between the wrap around edges, but I doubt it.

Have we had reports of the 1TB unit HDD failing?
post #13317 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I sat down, about 730, to watch my 630 shows, recorded on the internal drive, figuring I'd re-attach the external drive after I finished watching them. AND THEY WEREN'T THERE!!!...The internal 16gb drive is incapable of recording repeat items on the schedule, according to a pop-up I found in the DVR Series Options menu when I had not yet reconnected the external drive. It will only record one-time recordings, not series recordings.
O.K., racing fans, so here's my question. What's the story on this with the 1tb units? Do the 1tb unit have the same limitation? If they do, I'm not going to bother raising holy hell with CM for having sent me the wrong model. As long as I can't make repeat recordings, the internal drive doesn't do me much good, whether 16 gb or 1 tb or 20 tb.

On the other hand, if there are any owners of the 1tb unit here, who solemnly affirm that the 1tb units are fully capable of recording repeat items on the internal 1tb drive, then I'm going to raise holy hell with CM and insist they send me the unit that they promised me for sale on Black Friday.
post #13318 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
NOTE THAT MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE HERE WAS WRONG; THEY SENT ME THE WRONG UNIT; I HAVE THE 16GB UNIT, NOT THE 1TB UNIT.
NOTE THAT I HAVE CHANGED THIS MESSAGE SINCE I DISCOVERED THEY SENT ME THE WRONG UNIT, AND I HAVE THE 16GB UNIT, NOT THE 1 TB UNIT.
Anyone else who took advantage of CM's $249 deal on the 1 TB unit should probably double-check and make sure they got the correct unit! Both appear identical from the outside, and I'm not even sure if there's any conspicuous marking on the box, so it'd be awfully easy for some stock-boy to pick up and ship the wrong box by mistake.
Quote:
Indeed we have, and IIRC, it failed right after the warranty expired!

The OP discovered that CM wanted so much to repair it that it was cheaper to just forget it and buy an external HDD.
post #13319 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, it looks like that plastic cradle does a nice job of insulating the drive from the case! Although it might have a "transfer plate" that is part of the case that touches the area between the wrap around edges, but I doubt it.

Yes, I recall the internal HDD failing for two folks.
post #13320 of 16599 Old 11-28-2016, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
O.K., racing fans, so here's my question. What's the story on this with the 1tb units? Do the 1tb unit have the same limitation? If they do, I'm not going to bother raising holy hell with CM for having sent me the wrong model. As long as I can't make repeat recordings, the internal drive doesn't do me much good, whether 16 gb or 1 tb or 20 tb.

On the other hand, if there are any owners of the 1tb unit here, who solemnly affirm that the 1tb units are fully capable of recording repeat items on the internal 1tb drive, then I'm going to raise holy hell with CM and insist they send me the unit that they promised me for sale on Black Friday.
See my reply on the DVR+ Lister thread. It's really looking like you have a 16GB model, not an internal HDD model. I've explained on the other thread that the 16GB is not an HDD, but a memory chip.

Would someone with the 1TB DVR+ model please post a photograph of the "DVR Setup" window. I'm curious about the options, and if different than the 16GB model I would like to include in the DVR+Explorer help file. I'm expecting to see an option to connect to the internal HDD, in addition to connecting an External Storage Device.

I'm also curious as to what the DVR prompts after disconnecting a USB HDD. Does it say it's switched to the internal HDD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , 999 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , maintenance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page