Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 485 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4273Likes

post #14521 of 16920 Old 07-10-2017, 01:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked: 508
I wouldn't discard multiple issues generating randomly and locally by station's equipment and propagation in air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14522 of 16920 Old 07-10-2017, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 2855 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
I rarely stream, and that's only a few times with YouTube. I have never even registered for CMTV! So I'm wondering if using the DVR+ for streaming may increase the need to reboot periodically?
You may be onto something there. It may depend on the particular app you use too. I use Sling a lot, and I seem to recall rebooting less often before I started using Sling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
Before I switched to Auto Time & Date I was rebooting my DVR+ about twice a week--sometimes three, on average, because of some of the same issues JHBrandt stated. After switching to Auto Time & Date those issues disappeared, and now I only reboot the DVR+ once a week on average, but occasionally will reboot it twice a week if I've recorded a lot and when I am leaving town.
Wow - that's a lot. Strange how some of us never or rarely need to reboot, while I need to reboot (I'd say) every 5 or 6 weeks and you need to reboot once or twice a week!
post #14523 of 16920 Old 07-10-2017, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Interesting 4th sale handling by CM

Ordered 7/5 - received ship notice same day with UPS track # - credit card charged.
Today 7/10 UPS does not have package yet - therefore no projected delivery.

I do not remember any UPS pick up being so far from order creation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14524 of 16920 Old 07-10-2017, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Received this response from CM:
Quote:
Chris C (Channel Master Support)
Jul 10, 1:44 PM MST

Art,

My apologies for the delay, your order will be shipping tomorrow. It looks like we are still catching up on getting all orders shipped out from the sale. Thanks for understanding!
"Five day shipping zone" so looks like I might get it next week. My sister who lives in remote California (Ridgecrest by China Lake) sends me her fresh pastry by USPO standard Priority-mail box and it's always delivered on second day to Florida.

I have DVR+ (external HD) on UPS and Ethernet and did without reboots for six weeks, LED vanish gone w/134R. (Don't stream or use any other + features.)

Then, two weeks ago, went to play "Sunday .... Megyn Kelly" show and hit a total freeze in less than a minute. Warm reboot and same issue, so did cold reboot with another freeze. Fourth try, I just used '30 sec jump' a couple times and then watched program to the end. Then did "Resume" from beginning and saw the same freeze (no lights, screen or reaction from remote). This Sunday's show played normally and no other anomalies seen.

Since our "Time Accuracy" discussion, I've been noticing +/- 3 seconds (usually +/- 1 or less) but after couple weeks, saw a -30 second error. Never any 5 seconds or 15 seconds, just a jump to 30. I've considered this a signal (trouble ahead) for a warm reboot on next nights shutdown and this also fixes clock time easier than bothering with 'menu>etc..
Art
post #14525 of 16920 Old 07-10-2017, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotart View Post
I have DVR+ (external HD) on UPS and Ethernet and did without reboots for six weeks, LED vanish gone w/134R. (Don't stream or use any other + features.)

Then, two weeks ago, went to play "Sunday .... Megyn Kelly" show and hit a total freeze in less than a minute. Warm reboot and same issue, so did cold reboot with another freeze. Fourth try, I just used '30 sec jump' a couple times and then watched program to the end. Then did "Resume" from beginning and saw the same freeze (no lights, screen or reaction from remote). This Sunday's show played normally and no other anomalies seen.

Art
Sounds like corruption of the video stream - although I've never had a corrupt recording lock up the DVR+!

I tend to find mine has locked up after it has (successfully) recorded a show during standby, but in my case the problem occurs when I try to turn it on. When I play the recording, it has always played OK for me.
post #14526 of 16920 Old 07-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by dattier View Post
I've never programmed the TV code; the remote came out of the box controlling enough functions on the television to satisfy me.  The on/off rocker doesn't turn the television on or off, but if the TV is already on, pressing either the ON end or the OFF end makes the volume very loud.
The remote is set for Samsung TVs out of the box. Works well with my Sammys. If you don't have a Samsung you really do need to program it for your brand.
post #14527 of 16920 Old 07-10-2017, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Wow - that's a lot. Strange how some of us never or rarely need to reboot, while I need to reboot (I'd say) every 5 or 6 weeks and you need to reboot once or twice a week!
There was one very aggravating problem in particular that prompted reboots. While watching a program that was also recording I would hit the OK button to bring up the progress bar, and nothing would happen. If I pressed OK again the progress bar popped right up. It wasn't a battery problem, and rebooting always fixed it for several days. So for me some of those reboots were as much preventative maintenance as for a specific problem. Since my DVR+ is easily accessible it's a simple matter of unplugging the power cord from the back of the unit. I also seem to remember @P Smith mentioning a while back that the DVR+ really needed a daily reboot. I'm glad I'm not rebooting that much.
post #14528 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Liked: 553
Conclusion: DVR+ Update Speculation via OTA Broadcast

While the technology to update the firmware of TV related equipment through OTA broadcasts exists (for example, UpdateTV by Qterics, or methods used by Dish Network on their own system), based upon my 28 day test, in my geographic location, the Channel Master DVR+ does NOT employ such technology, at least through July 10, 2017 running version 132R, with 134R being the latest version.

Click HERE for my complete report, and conclusion, on the 28 day test that I performed.
JHBrandt likes this.
post #14529 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Received this response from CM:

Art

Did this ever happen when you were using the 115r?
post #14530 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@artisticimaging , Not exactly; but several months back during playback of 'Dateline NBC' (two hour shows), It would lock up and after reboot have no recall of running or 'resume' point. This was on 115R.

You would need to fast forward from the beginning to where it froze. You could watch across that 'freeze point' but then it would freeze again, ten or fifteen minutes later.

This went on over three weeks when I changed that show from 'name' recording to 'manual'. Several months later switched back to 'name' but never suffered another freeze until this 6/25 Megyn show.

This incident was different in that it was only frozen at beginning (after one minute or so of play) and would repeat at what appeared to be the same spot. A lot less annoying than multiple freezes at random points.

This (and that 'occasional' +30 second clock time jump) are only anomalies seen. That 'disappeared red LED' bug was fixed by 134R but had been held at bay on 115R by weekly warm booting.
Art
post #14531 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
The remote is set for Samsung TVs out of the box. Works well with my Sammys.
Thank you.
Quote:
If you don't have a Samsung you really do need to program it for your brand.
Except that I personally prefer to use different remotes for different devices; yes, that's unusual to the point of being weird, and I'm not recommending it to anyone else, but it's how I am.

Besides, if the signal to the TV is supposed to turn it on or off along with the DVR+, then I absolutely don't want that!  Usually I'm switching the TV's input over from (when I turn the DVR+ on) or to (when I turn it off) the cable DVR that is connected to the television's other HDMI input; when the DVR+ is being turned on or off, the TV needs to be on and stay on, so that I can see its display to change its input source.  Ergo, I'd still need to block the first signal from the DVR+ remote's on/off rocker from reaching the television.
post #14532 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
While the technology to update the firmware of TV related equipment through OTA broadcasts exists (for example, UpdateTV by Qterics, or methods used by Dish Network on their own system), based upon my 28 day test, in my geographic location, the Channel Master DVR+ does NOT employ such technology, at least through July 10, 2017 running version 132R, with 134R being the latest version.

Click HERE for my complete report, and conclusion, on the 28 day test that I performed.
To be 100% factious, I did parsing TVGOS (by ROVI) while it was available for PalDVR/CM-7000DVR [TR-50]; that time it has encapsulated many interesting parts besides EPG: timestamps, icons, posters, firmware for various TVs; I can say I did monitor the streams (two separate PIDs) not long enough to catch FW for TR-50, but Recovery Bootloader of TR-50 does show its windows with info demonstrating scanning OTA frequency for download FW.

I would expect null result for your test as there is no evidence of transmitting FW for the model - DVR+ aka K77 this time. As to existence of the feature [FW spooling via OTA], I have no doubts.
post #14533 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I dearly wish there was a way to choose PSIP guide data (OTA) over the internet guide data on a channel to channel basis. One of our local channels is a bad offender in that they change their sub channels often which is why I wish I could fall back to the PSIP guide just for that channel. Case and point is 46.2 was Cozi TV but they just changed to Ion TV a couple of weeks ago. The PSIP guide was correct, however when the Rovi guide data updated, it reverted back to the Cozi TV guide. So basically I had the wrong guide info for that sub for a week. They also added Light TV on 46.4 which used to be World Harvest TV a couple of years ago. They changed that to their local radio station Pulse FM and more or less turned it into an "information" channel. Although guide data wouldn't have mattered, that channel showed the guide data for World Harvest TV for that whole time. Light TV did eventually show the PSIP info.. Great right? Not until today when Rovi and TV guide decided that channel is also Ion TV. I wish there was a way I could force that channel to get it's PSIP data until it's fixed with Rovi.. Given 46's past track record with wrong internet guide data for so long, my hopes aren't very high.

To me not being able to select the guide data source for problem channels is a huge oversight. I don't know if Channelmaster reads these forums but I hope this is something they would consider for people like me that are not getting correct guide data when they could be getting it.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk
JHBrandt and pachinko like this.
post #14534 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
... I would expect null result for your test as there is no evidence of transmitting FW for the model - DVR+ aka K77 this time. ...
Then why did you suggest that the DVR+ may be using this technology, which is what instigated my month long test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
... As to existence of the feature [FW spooling via OTA], I have no doubts.
Again, I have never doubted the existence of this technology, have said as much, and posted links to evidence of the technology! But this is a thread ONLY about the Channel Master DVR+, which makes the technology mute, and OT, if it does not apply to the DVR+.
post #14535 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannynyc36 View Post
I jumped in and bought a CM DVR+ because of the sale. I've had it for about a day now. I like it, so far. Question. How do you get the remote to stop "muting" the volume on the TV when pressing the "guide" button? I programmed the CM remote to work with my TV. Now every time I press "guide" on the remote, it mutes the TV. Also, I can't just turn on/off the DVR+ (using the CM remote) without it turning on/off the TV. It's very annoying. How do I fix this?
Have you checked your TV's setup? My Sony TV allows HDMI connections to turn the TV on and off when specified HDMI-connected devices are turned on and off. I doubt this would be related to the muting/Guide button problem you mentioned. But it would be worth looking into.
post #14536 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Besides, if the signal to the TV is supposed to turn it on or off along with the DVR+, then I absolutely don't want that!  Usually I'm switching the TV's input over from (when I turn the DVR+ on) or to (when I turn it off) the cable DVR that is connected to the television's other HDMI input; when the DVR+ is being turned on or off, the TV needs to be on and stay on, so that I can see its display to change its input source.
I'm with you; I wouldn't mind having an "all off" button, necessarily, but it shouldn't be the only "off" button on the remote!

I think CM/E* assumed the DVR+ would be your TV's only source when they designed that "enhanced" remote. And we all know what happens when you assume....
pilotart likes this.
post #14537 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Besides, if the signal to the TV is supposed to turn it on or off along with the DVR+, then I absolutely don't want that!  Usually I'm switching the TV's input over from (when I turn the DVR+ on) or to (when I turn it off) the cable DVR that is connected to the television's other HDMI input; when the DVR+ is being turned on or off, the TV needs to be on and stay on, so that I can see its display to change its input source.  Ergo, I'd still need to block the first signal from the DVR+ remote's on/off rocker from reaching the television.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but couldn't you just program the DVR+ remote for the brand name of a TV other than the one you have? The DVR+ remote won't have any effect whatsoever on your TV at that point. The only drawback would be that you have to use your TV remote to control things like volume, mute, etc.
JHBrandt and pachinko like this.
post #14538 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but couldn't you just program the DVR+ remote for the brand name of a TV other than the one you have? The DVR+ remote won't have any effect whatsoever on your TV at that point. The only drawback would be that you have to use your TV remote to control things like volume, mute, etc.
I agree, but first I'd try what I outlined a few days ago, because I did something, and it may have been that, where my "Enhanced" model controls the TV except On and Off (although I would like it to turn On).
post #14539 of 16920 Old 07-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thank you.Except that I personally prefer to use different remotes for different devices; yes, that's unusual to the point of being weird, and I'm not recommending it to anyone else, but it's how I am.
Not a problem, except that remote doesn't have a single "off" button for just the DVR+. It will send the signal to turn off the TV as well every time. Maybe you can try to find a setting for another brand that doesn't turn off the TV if you still want to use that remote.

My solution is to use a Harmony 300 remote and use the CM7500 profile for the DVR+. It has the on/off code for the DVR+ that works without interfering with the TV. But I'm also using it for multiple devices so the price at 10x what a cheap learning remote costs is almost reasonable. You could use a learning remote but I don't know if the on/off function learned from the "peanut" remote will only learn the DVR+ code. Maybe someone here knows (there's a few posts here about programming a Dish learning remote that are $8 to $15 on eBay).
post #14540 of 16920 Old 07-12-2017, 12:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@pachinko ,
I'm truly sorry to made you do things what cause such disappointment for you. It wasn't my intention, perhaps we see here is complex case of wrong influence to curious mind ...

Initially, my thought/posts was a reply to possible case of nagging/updating FW of DVR+ by one of our poster here, when he described unclear situation with his device.
I'm glad you did pickup the idea to verify the possibility, as I know you are the driving motor of revealing many things inside of DVR+. I'd like your approach.

It's just my stressed thoughts from abroad - I'm always did such things by myself, just this time I'm in that position when I don't have access to US OTA signals and forced make thoughts instead of do real tests ...
post #14541 of 16920 Old 07-12-2017, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
@artisticimaging , Not exactly; but several months back during playback of 'Dateline NBC' (two hour shows), It would lock up and after reboot have no recall of running or 'resume' point. This was on 115R.

You would need to fast forward from the beginning to where it froze. You could watch across that 'freeze point' but then it would freeze again, ten or fifteen minutes later.

This went on over three weeks when I changed that show from 'name' recording to 'manual'. Several months later switched back to 'name' but never suffered another freeze until this 6/25 Megyn show.

This incident was different in that it was only frozen at beginning (after one minute or so of play) and would repeat at what appeared to be the same spot. A lot less annoying than multiple freezes at random points.

This (and that 'occasional' +30 second clock time jump) are only anomalies seen. That 'disappeared red LED' bug was fixed by 134R but had been held at bay on 115R by weekly warm booting.
Art

I am curious, what hard drive are you using? I suppose it could be a bad signal from a station transmitter.
post #14542 of 16920 Old 07-12-2017, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@artisticimaging , It's a Samsung one TB which originally came with 4K Movies loaded on it.

I had asked CM and they said "sure" as to compatibility w/DVR+.

Believe they're made by Seagate.
http://www.samsung.com/us/television...y-suc10sh1-za/

Came from Samsung to demonstrate Ultra High Definition (2160x3840) capability of TV. They run all the time (as they did w/TV's).

Anywhere except US & Canada, the same TV will record and play back programming. Instruction Manual tells and Remote has (non-functional) button, never saw 'reason' behind this restriction.

First one (now w/DVR+) was a 2014 free promotion gift from Samsung for buying TV, and then BB had them on clearance (in 2015) for $50 new. Still a few movies/documentaries left to watch on those two, that was a good deal just for the drives:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-1TB-...3D322347321302

With just two incidents in two years it's hard to raise a compatibility issue with them or even know if HD caused the freeze.

Art

Last edited by pilotart; 07-12-2017 at 01:45 PM.
post #14543 of 16920 Old 07-12-2017, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Interesting package, pilotart. I hope you made copies of the content before you let the DVR+ reformat the drive!

But given the paranoia surrounding copyrighted video, I'm assuming the content is encrypted, and only Samsung UHD TVs have the decryption key, so nothing will play on any other device.
post #14544 of 16920 Old 07-12-2017, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@JHBrandt , you are correct, not only limited to which Samsung TV it will play on, it has to have an internet connection to play at all. Some sort of authentication I guess.

I let DVR+ do its format as I'd seen all of it. One of the other three has all of original content plus 66% more, not seen all of it yet. Third one is the same plus quite a bit of my personal photos / videos I added. They used a lot less than 1/2 of capacity and had them set up where you could (buy) add content, but never did that. Don't know if that program still exists. Amazon Prime's free streaming (4K even) was plenty for me and DVR+ kept me from going back to Prime.

I've had Prime for five years mainly for shipping. Got 6 LED 60 Watt (equivalent) bulbs for $20 from yesterdays Prime Sale....
Art
JHBrandt likes this.
post #14545 of 16920 Old 07-13-2017, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but couldn't you just program the DVR+ remote for the brand name of a TV other than the one you have?
Good idea; if I felt like bothering to find the manual I'd do as you suggest.  Thank you.

Quote:
Maybe you can try to find a setting for another brand that doesn't turn off the TV if you still want to use that remote.  …  You could use a learning remote …
You seem to have missed my comment about preferring to use separate remotes for separate devices.  The TV functions are available on the TV's remote, and that's just how I like it.
Quote:
but I don't know if the on/off function learned from the "peanut" remote will only learn the DVR+ code.
It will if, during the learning, you misdirect or block the first signal from each side of the rocker and let only the second signal reach the learning remote's eye.
post #14546 of 16920 Old 07-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You seem to have missed my comment about preferring to use separate remotes for separate devices.  The TV functions are available on the TV's remote, and that's just how I like it.
No, I didn't miss that. Wasn't your objection that turning off the DVR+ using it's remote caused your TV to go off, or go mute, or some other objectionable result? The normal answer to that is to program it to control your TV, of course, so it doesn't do that, but then you are stuck with the dual function of the DVR+ remote.

So, a learning remote can be used. Program it for JUST the DVR+. Don't add any other devices. You then have separate remotes for each device.

That's why I said the Harmony 350 was a bit much for that; there are $6 learning remotes out there that could be used.
post #14547 of 16920 Old 07-13-2017, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Just got my CM after the sale. I really like the gadget....

OTA, snipped cord. Good reception location.

I had the original Sony HDD units-analog and after the digital conversion...until Rovi pulled the TVGOS-8 guide off the air, the greatest things ever...OK, not really, I was familiar with the hidden menus and the arcana of TVGOS..but it was a good recorder and lasted a long time...till the proprietary hard drives died a natural death. In a just world, I'd have the HDD 1000 now.

Next up are two TiVo units, in the house. Lifetime Premiers...seamless, just works...paid for long ago-replaced the HDD 250 units.

For an office I bought a Homeworx unit and hooked up a 1 TB HDD. Works OK, but back to VCR functionality, and too many key presses and no guide. I actually bought it for the $40...and for that price I'm still amazed-but a bit too clunky.

The CM replaces the Homeworx. A real guide ! Dual tuners. I've set up my schedule and we'll see how it records. I like the gadget and just have to figure out how to set up recording 'new only'. There's always a learning curve, but pretty easy so far.

In Vienna we sit, in late night cafe. Straight Connection, on T.E.E.
post #14548 of 16920 Old 07-14-2017, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No, I didn't miss that.
Sorry, seemed to me that you did; glad to be wrong about that.
Quote:
Wasn't your objection that turning off the DVR+ using its remote caused your TV to go off, or go mute, or some other objectionable result?
A previous poster introduced that objection.  My post was saying that I cope with it by blocking the first of the two signals that the remote sends when you press the rocker.  I use the DVR+ too rarely to bother doing anything more about it.
Quote:
The normal answer to that …
I also stated that what I want is not normal.
post #14549 of 16920 Old 07-15-2017, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Good idea; if I felt like bothering to find the manual I'd do as you suggest. 
Link to manuals
post #14550 of 16920 Old 07-15-2017, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlaw View Post
Just got my CM after the sale. I really like the gadget....
You should duck when you post something like that here...but I agree -- terrific DVR...especially @ $140.

Quote:
I had the original Sony HDD units-analog and after the digital conversion...until Rovi pulled the TVGOS-8 guide off the air, the greatest things ever...OK, not really, I was familiar with the hidden menus and the arcana of TVGOS..but it was a good recorder and lasted a long time...till the proprietary hard drives died a natural death. In a just world, I'd have the HDD 1000 now.
My first OTA DVR was a DTVPal and I was very glad to have PSIP when Rovi quit us. Lots of kudos to CM for including PSIP with the DVR+.

Quote:
Next up are two TiVo units, in the house. Lifetime Premiers...seamless, just works...paid for long ago-replaced the HDD 250 units.
I have four Roamio/OTAs and a pair of Minis. Noble DVR, for sure.

Quote:
For an office I bought a Homeworx unit and hooked up a 1 TB HDD. Works OK, but back to VCR functionality, and too many key presses and no guide. I actually bought it for the $40...and for that price I'm still amazed-but a bit too clunky.
I've never met anyone who liked the Homeworx class DVRs. Not a single person.

Quote:
The CM replaces the Homeworx. A real guide ! Dual tuners. I've set up my schedule and we'll see how it records. I like the gadget and just have to figure out how to set up recording 'new only'. There's always a learning curve, but pretty easy so far.
Recording a Series
If you have a favorite show that’s on every week, the DVR+ allows you to record the show as a series with new episodes rather than any repeats that may air on other channels. This feature also puts your recordings for a show into a folder for easy access from the DVR+ main menu. Follow this procedure to record a series.
  1. On the remote control, press GUIDE and select the show that you want to record.
  2. On the Program Options pop-up, select Record the Program.
  3. Select Record All Programs with this name and press OK/SELECT. You then have the option to view, edit, or delete the series recording.

Enjoy your new DVR.

Last edited by wizwor; 07-15-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , 999 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , maintenance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page