Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 486 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4490Likes

post #14551 of 17439 Old 07-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlaw View Post
I like the gadget and just have to figure out how to set up recording 'new only'.
As a PSIP user this is the one feature I actually miss. If I was connected to the Internet and getting the Rovi guide I wouldn't have to access the Schedule and delete program events for reruns I've already seen or don't want to watch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14552 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 84
(in response to my saying I didn't feel like digging up the DVR+ manual),
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
Thank you, Wizwor.  That was very kind.  I downloaded the manual upon first purchasing the DVR+ and it's on my hard drives somewhere, but your providing the link surely will be helpful to other readers here.
post #14553 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 33
July 4 DVR+ installed as second DVR+ on second HDMI on Samsung TV. Just for the times when more than 2 tuners are needed.
It came with 115 - the mystery update. The other unit is latest version. The same Dish 20.1 remote controls both.
Aside from the need to shield one from the other - my question is about having them on different updates and then the differences in the remote functions for the two versions - and not having wifi to stop updates and only 12 hours of guide ( would need serious help to block update site). Also have no need for larger than 1 TB storage - only record - watch - delete.
Am I missing something as a reason to stay with 115 ?
pilotart likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14554 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieoc View Post
July 4 DVR+ installed as second DVR+ on second HDMI on Samsung TV. Just for the times when more than 2 tuners are needed.
It came with 115 - the mystery update. The other unit is latest version. The same Dish 20.1 remote controls both.
Aside from the need to shield one from the other - my question is about having them on different updates and then the differences in the remote functions for the two versions - and not having wifi to stop updates and only 12 hours of guide ( would need serious help to block update site). Also have no need for larger than 1 TB storage - only record - watch - delete.
You may be interested in this comment about having multiple DVR+ units and multiple remotes.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post38565193

Sony XBR55A1E
post #14555 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 10:49 AM

Thank you - great info if after trial usage a second remote is useful - initially I will only turn on second unit when
3rd or 4th tuner required.
post #14556 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkeegan View Post
You may be interested in this comment about having multiple DVR+ units and multiple remotes.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdtv-recorders/1481183-channel-master-dvr-owners-thread-post38565193.html#post38565193
Quote:
Thank you - great info if after trial usage a second remote is useful - initially I will only turn on second unit when
3rd or 4th tuner required.
Unfortunately, "pairing" can only be done using the original CM-7500 "thin/flat" remote control. The CM-7500XRC2 "Enhanced" remote control does NOT have pairing capabilities (although the DVR+ itself does), and the "Enhanced" remote control is what comes with new purchases. I have updated the linked post to reflect this.

If you're fortunate enough to have a "thin/flat" remote control, pair it to one DVR+ using a code other than 001 (since that's the default, and is what the "Enhanced" remote control uses). That way, each remote control operates only one DVR+.
post #14557 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Cool 115R welcomes me back again

Quote:
My July 4th DVR+ is promised for July 18th delivery. I had also ordered their "Amplify & splitter" which may explain the long delivery time.

Glad to hear of 115R, had kept that one until new TV's HDMI 2A necessitated 'upgrade' to 134R. My server block on update is still in place.

Search my posts of August 2015 to see what to block

How to block depends on your modem/router brand. Last link in my sig takes you to mine, just access similar site for yours.

My new DVR+ is joining older TV in my 'office' and will stay on 115R for the single click Captions on/off, it's more than half dozen clicks on 134R which has two buttons to access that same menu. That's only advantage on 115R for me and those using '+' may know of advantages to update.

Wish it also had 'flat' remote. Local Ace Hardware has those batteries for $1.50 a dozen
Art
post #14558 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotart View Post
My new DVR+ is joining older TV in my 'office' and will stay on 115R for the single click Captions on/off, it's more than half dozen clicks on 134R which has two buttons to access that same menu. That's only advantage on 115R for me and those using '+' may know of advantages to update.
Since the new DVR+ comes with the CM-7500XRC2 "Enhanced" remote control, which has a single button for CC and Audio, I'm wondering how it actually works under 115R (see Edit 1 below). I suspect you'll need to use the old "thin/flat" remote control on the 115R box to get the "proper" independent CC and Audio actions, or at least teach another remote control the buttons from the old remote.

Edit 1: I reverted my DVR+ to 114R to see what happens when the CC/Audio button on the CM-7500XRC2 "Enhanced" remote control is pressed in a version prior to 124R. It opens the Audio selection window. I found no button to activate CC, although CC can be turned On/Off using the menu system (Menu Settings, Languages, Closed Captions).
pilotart likes this.

Last edited by pachinko; 07-16-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Added Edit 1
post #14559 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked: 1442
Quote:
You may prefer version 114 or 115 if you don't have the new "enhanced" remote control, don't intend to use Sling or CMTV, and your TV set doesn't require a newer firmware version. 114/115 had the ability to delete channels without doing a full auto channel scan; newer versions can only "hide" defunct channels, not delete them. Also 114/115 were a bit friendlier to use with the original "flat" remote (e.g., 1-button closed captions); newer versions were designed around the "enhanced" remote and, while the flat remote will still work, a few functions are more cumbersome than with 114/115.

115 isn't available for download, so if you change to a different firmware version, you can't go back. So if 115 does everything you need, you may want to prevent an update. However, 114 is available for download; so if you update but decide to switch back, you can download and install 114.

As for HDD capacity limits, the limit for almost all firmware versions, including the latest, is 2.2TB, which is plenty for most users. However, at one time CM did sell a 3TB HDD for use with the DVR+; when the 2.2TB limit was discovered, folks who bought that drive were justifiably upset. That may explain version 124, the only version that can format some larger HDDs (including the one CM sold) to full capacity. But it sounds like none of that is an issue for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
Unfortunately, "pairing" can only be done using the original CM-7500 "thin/flat" remote control. The CM-7500XRC2 "Enhanced" remote control does NOT have pairing capabilities (although the DVR+ itself does), and the "Enhanced" remote control is what comes with new purchases. I have updated the linked post to reflect this.

If you're fortunate enough to have a "thin/flat" remote control, pair it to one DVR+ using a code other than 001 (since that's the default, and is what the "Enhanced" remote control uses). That way, each remote control operates only one DVR+.
I was thinking the same thing; but since his new DVR+ came with 115, it's likely that it came with a flat remote too. If so he can pair it to his new DVR+ then teach his Dish remote from the newly-paired flat remote, so the VCR button controls one DVR+ and the Aux button controls the other. (Assuming the Dish remote's TV button controls his TV, of course. The Sat button can only control a Dish device and cannot "learn" another device's codes.)

Last edited by JHBrandt; 07-16-2017 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Said it backwards!
post #14560 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Since the new DVR+ comes with the CM-7500XRC2 "Enhanced" remote control, which has a single button for CC and Audio, I'm wondering how it actually works under 115R. I suspect you'll need to use the old "thin/flat" remote control on the 115R box to get the "proper" independent CC and Audio actions, or at least teach another remote control the buttons from the old remote.
I believe the single CC/Audio button on the enhanced remote is the same as the Audio button on the flat remote, so for 1-click CC, he'd need both 115 (or 114 as noted above) and the flat remote, which he probably still has from his original DVR+, even if the new one comes with an enhanced remote. So if he gets a DVR+ with 115 and an enhanced remote, make sure to pair the flat remote with the DVR+ having 115!

If he gets a DVR+ with a newer firmware version, I'd suggest installing 114 on it. It should be pretty much identical, but given his long experience with 115, I'd be interested in any differences he notices! I've always wondered what they changed between 114 and 115!
pilotart likes this.
post #14561 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
... I was thinking the same thing; but since his new DVR+ came with 115, it's likely that it came with a flat remote too. If so he can pair it to his new DVR+ then teach his Dish remote from the newly-paired flat remote, so the VCR button controls one DVR+ and the Aux button controls the other. (Assuming the Dish remote's TV button controls his TV, of course. The Sat button can only control a Dish device and cannot "learn" another device's codes.)
I am under the impression that all new purchases come with the "Enhanced" remote control, although bernieoc made no mention of the remote type. Maybe bernieco will see this and let us know? CM stated a long time ago that the "thin" remote control was no longer available. Unless of course they found some old stock, or are shipping refurbished units boxes (I'd hope not).

Quote:
I believe the single CC/Audio button on the enhanced remote is the same as the Audio button on the flat remote, so for 1-click CC, he'd need both 115 (or 114 as noted above) and the flat remote, which he probably still has from his original DVR+, even if the new one comes with an enhanced remote. So if he gets a DVR+ with 115 and an enhanced remote, make sure to pair the flat remote with the DVR+ having 115!
You are correct, the CC/Audio button activates the Audio selection window in versions prior to 124R. I verified by reverting to 114R, and have updated my earlier post. I found no button on the "Enhanced" remote control to activate CC, although CC can be turned On/Off using the menu system (Menu Settings, Languages, Closed Captions).

Last edited by pachinko; 07-16-2017 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Changed "units" to "boxes"
post #14562 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am under the impression that all new purchases come with the "Enhanced" remote control, although bernieoc made no mention of the remote type. Maybe @bernieco; will see this and let us know? CM stated a long time ago that the "thin" remote control was no longer available. Unless of course they found some old stock, or are shipping refurbished units (I'd hope not).
Refurbished flat remotes? Seems unlikely; how many standalone remotes get returned to CM?

Of course I suppose they could be selling refurbished returns of an entire box (DVR+, remote, and everything else), but I'd expect them to disclose that. I believe the sale page says they are new units.

What made me think bernieoc probably got a flat remote is that I assume (and, of course, this may be totally wrong) that units with 115 or earlier were boxed with flat remotes, and units with later firmware were boxed with enhanced remotes, and he just happened to get one of a few old boxes lying around. Which means most folks will get a newer version and enhanced remote (probably including pilotart, which is why I suggested version 114 if that happens to him).
Quote:
You are correct, the CC/Audio button activates the Audio selection window in versions prior to 124R. I verified by reverting to 114R, and have updated my earlier post. I found no button on the "Enhanced" remote control to activate CC, although CC can be turned On/Off using the menu system (Menu Settings, Languages, Closed Captions).
Good to know. It seemed reasonable but I wasn't sure.
pachinko and pilotart like this.
post #14563 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Refurbished flat remotes? Seems unlikely; how many standalone remotes get returned to CM?

Of course I suppose they could be selling refurbished returns of an entire box (DVR+, remote, and everything else), but I'd expect them to disclose that. I believe the sale page says they are new units.
I meant the entire "box"!

I'm sure that pilotart will give us a detailed report in a couple of days!
pilotart likes this.

Last edited by pachinko; 07-16-2017 at 07:24 PM.
post #14564 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 07:08 PM

The new DVR+ came with the 'enhanced' remote and 115 - my two older unit ( from original release date have been converted to Dish reprogramed remotes) the new remote and the original remotes are in the 'for future use drawer'.
I will stick with the 2 converted dish remotes - one to control 2 DVR+'s on tv A (one only when I am out of tuners)
and the other on tv B in another room. A family does not like one remote - a second would be a problem.
Switching from one to the other on TV A is no big deal.
Just interested in benefit of keeping 115 - for my use I might as well upgrade to latest - and remote will work the same on both.
Off topic - you folks are great - helps me keep up - I worked as a programmer with Grace Hopper, Eckert and Mauckley in the 50's -
Now my children, grand children and great grand children laugh at my 'flip phone'
pachinko and pilotart like this.
post #14565 of 17439 Old 07-16-2017, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The new DVR+ came with the 'enhanced' remote and 115 - my two older unit ( from original release date have been converted to Dish reprogramed remotes) the new remote and the original remotes are in the 'for future use drawer'.
Well, I knew I could be totally wrong. Seems dumb of CM to ship a DVR+ with 115 and an enhanced remote; as Pachinko noted, accessing closed captions with that combo is even more cumbersome than with later firmware (and it's no snap even with the later firmware), and there are other problems since the enhanced remotes don't have separate page keys. But maybe they figure the firmware will probably get updated anyhow, so they just started using enhanced remote boxes before they ran out of 115-flashed DVR+ units.
Quote:
I will stick with the 2 converted dish remotes - one to control 2 DVR+'s on tv A (one only when I am out of tuners)
and the other on tv B in another room. A family does not like one remote - a second would be a problem.
Do you have a flat remote from an older DVR+? You'd only need to use one temporarily, to set up one DVR+ on a different address; then you could teach all the commands to an unused device button (except Sat) on your Dish remote and put the flat one back in the drawer.
Quote:
Off topic - you folks are great - helps me keep up - I worked as a programmer with Grace Hopper , Eckert and Mauckley in the 50's - Now my children, grand children and great grand children laugh at my 'flip phone'
It's amazing how quickly cell phone styles change - even faster than cars or clothes, it seems! The flip phone was obviously inspired by the communicator from the original Star Trek series, which you'd think would've remained popular for more than a nanosecond, but it was quickly replaced by the "slider" - and now you can't even buy a phone with a physical keyboard built in (you can get a Bluetooth keyboard if you really want one, but it's a separate "thing" that's easy to forget). Call me old-fashioned but I prefer a keyboard with keys that actually move when you press them; the virtual keyboards make me feel like I'm drumming my fingers on a tabletop!
post #14566 of 17439 Old 07-17-2017, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlaw View Post
For an office I bought a Homeworx unit and hooked up a 1 TB HDD. Works OK, but back to VCR functionality, and too many key presses and no guide. I actually bought it for the $40...and for that price I'm still amazed-but a bit too clunky.

The CM replaces the Homeworx. A real guide ! Dual tuners. I've set up my schedule and we'll see how it records. I like the gadget and just have to figure out how to set up recording 'new only'. There's always a learning curve, but pretty easy so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I've never met anyone who liked the Homeworx class DVRs. Not a single person.
"Like" is a relative term here. I like them for what they do, especially for the price. It's just that they don't do that much. Basically they're one step up from a VCR: They have a (slow, PSIP-only) guide you can schedule recordings from, and you can do the chase play trick of watching a recording that's still in progress, but other than that they work pretty much like a digital VCR.

They're no substitute for a DVR+, but one might be handy for occasions where you need a third tuner: if you have a TV with no tuner (i.e., a monitor), or you want to record three shows at once.

CM actually sells one - the CM-7003 - but (sorry CM) I think the iView 3500 is currently the best of this class of DVRs. The Homeworx is pretty good too, although I don't like its remote control.
ncsercs likes this.
post #14567 of 17439 Old 07-18-2017, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Limited Quanties Remaining

I received the email quoted below from CM that limited quantities of the July 4th sale items remain, and we won't see these prices again, not even on Black Friday!

Quote:
Dear Channel Master Fan,

Last chance to celebrate TV freedom. Limited quantities remaining. Sale ends in 7 days or when inventory is depleted.

Indoor Antenna Bundle: FLATenna, Amplify and Coax for $54.44 - you save nearly 50%
Outdoor Antenna Bundle: STEALTHtenna, Amplify and Coax for $74.44 - you save nearly 50%
DVR+ for $144.44 - you save over 40%
Amplify (includes internal LTE filter) for $44.44 - you save 50%
LTE Filter for $14.44 - you save over 40%

The discounts on these products represent over $1 Million in revenue that we are giving to you as TV Freedom savings, and prices are only good while supplies last. You will NOT SEE THESE PRICES AGAIN, not even for Black Friday... so take advantage of this special event!

Reminder these special TV Freedom offers end July 24!
anant and pilotart like this.
post #14568 of 17439 Old 07-18-2017, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I meant the entire "box"!

I'm sure that pilotart will give us a detailed report in a couple of days!
Quote:

If he gets a DVR+ with a newer firmware version, I'd suggest installing 114 on it. It should be pretty much identical, but given his long experience with 115, I'd be interested in any differences he notices! I've always wondered what they changed between 114 and 115!
It's never simple. Of all the 'older' boxes they must have shipped out w/115R that most users would want to update.... Mine comes loaded w/134R already.

Downloaded 114R and it's in a usb stick ready to force flash soon.

No need to pair anything as they're in different rooms, but flat Remote has to go with 114R unit.

New Remote is now with my original 115R unit flashed to 134R and CC option is same as one of the two buttons of Flat Remote. AUDIO's on top and arrow down opens Closed Captions setup page.

It's going to take a while to be comfortable with it.

One difference seen immediately was "Program Options" like ...just this, ...All Programs... or ...New Programs were not offered, but that may be that there's no HD added yet.

Need to rig a double female RG6 to use Amplify (old RS Amp had two 'out' male connectors), but ABC Station is strong right now anyway.
Art
pachinko likes this.

Last edited by pilotart; 07-18-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: ...were not offered... added
post #14569 of 17439 Old 07-18-2017, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
One difference seen immediately was "Program Options" like ...just this, ...All Programs... or ...New Programs were not offered, but that may be that there's no HD added yet.

Art
That's correct; if you operate the 16GB unit without an external HDD, all series recording options are disabled. You can only record individual shows (and not very many before it fills up!)

Also, time-shifting is not enabled by default in 16GB mode. You have to explicitly pause to enable it (kind of like those Homeworx boxes mentioned a few posts ago).

Luckily all that nonsense goes back to normal as soon as you hook up your HDD.
pilotart likes this.
post #14570 of 17439 Old 07-19-2017, 04:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I received the email quoted below from CM that limited quantities of the July 4th sale items remain, and we won't see these prices again, not even on Black Friday!
Request for speculation: If one buys a DVR+ at that attractive price ($144.44), how many years until the upcoming change in the ATSC standard renders it obsolete?
post #14571 of 17439 Old 07-19-2017, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie6 View Post
Request for speculation: If one buys a DVR+ at that attractive price ($144.44), how many years until the upcoming change in the ATSC standard renders it obsolete?
It's a big unknown, but click HERE for a thread on the ATSC 3.0 subject. IMHO, if you don't currently have a DVR, even if all networks switch to only ATSC 3.0 (not broadcasting both ATSC1 and ATSC3 at the same time) in 2 or 3 years from now, you'd still be happy to have enjoyed the DVR+ for that period of time, especially at that price.
Greasemonkey and pilotart like this.
post #14572 of 17439 Old 07-19-2017, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
It's a big unknown, but click HERE for a thread on the ATSC 3.0 subject. IMHO, if you don't currently have a DVR, even if all networks switch to only ATSC 3.0 (not broadcasting both ATSC1 and ATSC3 at the same time) in 2 or 3 years from now, you'd still be happy to have enjoyed the DVR+ for that period of time, especially at that price.
I agree, with the key words being, "at that price". At full price, 2 or 3 years isn't such a good deal. But it does give the appearance that CM, for whatever reasons, is trying to unload inventory. But because no one really knows for sure what is going on, there is an air of uncertainty about the DVR+, and uncertainty is never good for a business. CM could have tamped down a lot of that speculation had they continued with FW upgrades--or better yet, added features people have requested. One big question: Are new DVR+ units still being manufactured, or does "while supplies last" translate to "all the DVR+ units we still possess"? I'm tempted to say that, "I wish I was a fly on the wall" at CM, but Bedazzled has been airing a lot recently and I don't want that kind of trouble...
post #14573 of 17439 Old 07-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie6 View Post
no less than five.
JHBrandt likes this.
post #14574 of 17439 Old 07-19-2017, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
But it does give the appearance that CM, for whatever reasons, is trying to unload inventory. But because no one really knows for sure what is going on, there is an air of uncertainty about the DVR+, and uncertainty is never good for a business. CM could have tamped down a lot of that speculation had they continued with FW upgrades--or better yet, added features people have requested. One big question: Are new DVR+ units still being manufactured, or does "while supplies last" translate to "all the DVR+ units we still possess"? I'm tempted to say that, "I wish I was a fly on the wall" at CM, but Bedazzled has been airing a lot recently and I don't want that kind of trouble...
Reminds me of the speculation regarding the Roamio/OTAs. Of course the DVR+ sold for $175 in 2014 and $150 in 2015 and somehow CM is still selling the hardware. Unbunch your panties and enjoy a terrific deal on a great DVR.
LenL likes this.
post #14575 of 17439 Old 07-20-2017, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Location: Randolph, NJ, 725' above sea level, 30 miles west of ESB
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 339
I second WIZWOR!

None of us know how soon ATSC 3.0 will impact OTA devices in use today to the point that they won't be useful. However like WIZWOR I don't think it will happen anytime in the next 5 years and more probably 10 or more.

If I did not already own 3 DVR+ I would buy one or more at that price and not worry about it!
wizwor likes this.
post #14576 of 17439 Old 07-20-2017, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Question

Maybe I need three

Two in HT and one in office, have three of those Samsung One TB HD's.

Lucky to have the one "pairing" flat remote to be able to have two in same room.

I now need to further split the feed from the "Amplify" (already two into DVD/TV and DVR+ 1) to feed a second DVR+.

They don't have 3-way, (I have a 2-way) but do have 4-way, or I could 'chain' a second 2-way to one output of first or have a 4-way with open port.

Also see they have this 4-port signal distribution amplifier but don't know if that would result in over amplification from "Amplify" or where/why you would use that.

Got to "check-out" by Sunday to get the '144' deal.
Art

Last edited by pilotart; 07-20-2017 at 01:13 PM. Reason: add link
post #14577 of 17439 Old 07-20-2017, 01:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

A splitter's a splitter. I'm sure CM's 4-way splitter is fine, but $14 is a bit much, plus you have to buy $35 more stuff or else pay shipping too. Even Target is cheaper, and their electronics is high.

I'd just daisy-chain a second 2-way splitter from Best Buy or Fry's and be done with it. You can check your signal strength with the DVR+ signal meter. As long as all the stations you care about are at least 60 and some are a full 100, you don't need more amp. But if you do, try pressing the 30dB button on the Amplify before buying a second amp.
post #14578 of 17439 Old 07-20-2017, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@JHBrandt I agree with "two much" but I do get "free shipping" by adding to my order of another DVR+. Their two way was $6 and I know WalMart would have cheaper, but also know the loss incurred with these connections, I even 'solder' when I can, but experts say that's a mistake and that's how/why BB can charge such exorbitant prices for their cables.

For "Daisy Chain" we have male connections out of Amplify and in/out of splitters. The "Daisy Chain" would save $8 over their 4-way.

I have RG-6 and connectors/tools to connect the two 'Males' but wouldn't this be better?
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...9NWIFYM2&psc=1

Strange that it's called "Male to Male"... If there's no advantage in those (also too expensive) connectors, I might as well use the RG-6 and connectors I Have.
post #14579 of 17439 Old 07-20-2017, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Maybe I need three
<.....>
Thanks to the help from @JHBrandt my third DVR+ (along with a second 'two-way') is on its way.

I do 'get' why the 75 OHM Connectors have genders that they do....

It's just like the "Jacks" that should be called "Jills"
Art
post #14580 of 17439 Old 07-20-2017, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks to the help from @JHBrandt my third DVR+ (along with a second 'two-way') is on its way. ...
Did you ask them if you can get it with 115R, and a "flat" Remote Control?
pilotart likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , 999 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , maintenance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page