Originally Posted by patt0329
How can I revert to the previous software version again?
kindly posted the instructions here
. Look for the text within his post that starts with "Installing an old DVR+ Software Update".
has kindly supplied all publicly released firmware versions here
. This is the same Dropbox link that
refers to in his post.
Alternatively, some time back, ChannelMaster emailed instructions on reverting to an earlier firmware version. I've left off steps 1-4 because they mentioned how to get a firmware file from CM's site, which is not what you're after:
Ensure a USB Thumb-drive is formatted in FAT32. Other formats will be rejected.
Copy the older software update onto the Thumb-drive. It MUST be in the root directory.
Next, to the DVR+
5. The power adapter to the DVR+ is plugged in.
6. Remove/eject the external hard drive if you have one connected.
7. Remove the WIFI adaptor, if you have one connected.
8. Disconnect the Ethernet connector if being used.
9. Unplug the power from the DVR.
10. Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port on the DVR+
11. Press and hold the power button on the front of the DVR+.
12. Plug the power back in while continuing to hold the power button
a. Wait until you see the lights on the front panel go from red to blue to red and then off.
13. Once the lights go off, let go of the power button
14. Wait for the DVR+ Flash Screen to appear on your display.
a. Then immediately press the power button and hold it in 2 seconds and release.
15. A gray screen will appear.
16. Then a screen will appear that shows you the progress of the download to your DVR+
17. When the download is completed, the DVR+ will reboot.
18. When it has completed turning on/booting, you can remove the USB Flash Drive.
19. Now, if you have a wireless adaptor, you can plug that into a USB port.
a. Follow the prompts for the wireless setup.
20. If you are using Ethernet connection to your internet, you can plug that in now.
a. Follow the prompts for the wired setup
Personally, I'd follow
's instructions. He's done it so many times he can probably recite them in his sleep.
FWIW, I'm still on version 114R and I'm still getting an accurate guide, along with reliable "New" flags.