Originally Posted by kars85
I'm on 134R now and trying to update to 135R. Tried via the CM WiFi adapter - fails. Tried with no WiFi adapter and configuring to use Ethernet - fails. Remove WiFi adapter, plug in a clean 8GB FAT32 flash drive with just the 135R .str on it, and all the DVR+ does is prompt to check if the new USB device could be used for recording things. Confirming (fails due to it not being large enough)/cancelling has no effect - the DVR+ never prompts it found the .str and it wants to begin updating.
Also factory reset the DVR+ and still won't update through either 3 methods. Just trying to get rid of the damn prompt and random attempts to update itself, inevitably leading to it failing and taking 5 minutes to boot back up.
Any ideas on my dilemma?
What JHBrandt stated
Beyond that, were you using the "Maintenance Reset" procedure to perform the update, or just plugged the flash drive in while the DVR+ was turned on? If the latter, try a "Maintenance Reset" procedure, using the FAT32 flash drive as follows:
1. If removing a USB EHD to use its port for a flash drive, use the menu system to properly disconnect the EHD.
2. Put the DVR+ into Standby mode while not recording (dim blue light).
3. Disconnect the power cord.
4. Plug the flash drive containing the DVR+ update file into the DVR+ (either USB port). It MUST
be formatted FAT32
, and the desired update file MUST be the only update file in the root directory (or the latest update file it finds will install).
5. Hold down the power button on the front panel of the DVR+ while reconnecting the power cord.
6. The front panel LED light will flash blue and red. Wait until the LED goes dark, then immediately release the power button.
7. Wait for the DVR+ logo to appear on the TV, then press and hold the front panel button of 2 seconds. The procedures in steps 6 & 7 are critical. If not done just right, the DVR+ will begin a normal boot instead. If that happens, unplug the power and try again.
8. It may take a short while for the update process to begin. BE PATIENT! The DVR+ will see the Update on the flash drive and begin installing it. Follow its instructions.
9. When the update is complete, unplug the flash drive, and reconnect whatever was unplugged before the update (if anything).