Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 556 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4210Likes

post #16651 of 16776 Old 08-11-2019, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
The DVR+ seems to have handled both the repacking and channel sharing very well.
same on both for me in the east, many channel moves including some shutting down, lost a couple others to vhf-lo which I don't have an antenna to pick up but overall it was painless.

the single glitch was that I hide all the streaming channels and for some reason the dvr+ put a number of their logos across the hourly grid of a few broadcast channels replacing their program listings. I had never seen that happen before. another full scan or guide update the next day fixed that.

the manual scan is real handy too, a number of our stations had changed their physical antenna location and/or power levels temporarily due to antenna repairs/upgrades. that caused a little trouble picking them up but it's a simple matter to rescan just those as needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16652 of 16776 Old 08-15-2019, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Took the plunge and did a full factory reset

I just finished cleaning up after performing a full factory reset for the first time. I was still getting the occasional incorrect time after a reboot, had instances of recordings that I never scheduled showing up in the schedule, one of which was a movie titled "Us and the Game Industry", which I don't ever recall having an interest in seeing. I also wanted to get rid of the persistent problem of NCIS: New Orleans reappearing after I cancelled the recording, sometime within a few minutes of canceling it. I also wondered if there were ghost recordings that the DVR+ thought existed on the HDD, but didn't.

It wasn't something I did on a whim, and there will still be a lot of pieces to pick up over the next several months, specifically Series Recordings that I can't yet schedule until the Fall because they are in hiatus and PSIP won't display them until a few days before they air. I'm hoping that the networks will air reruns in the weeks/months leading up to the season premieres so I can get a jump on them. So to prepare for the factory reset I watched the last of my saved recordings and deleted them so the list was clear. Then I went to the Series Options menu and wrote down the list of every series and manual recording I had set up.

Once the above was done I crossed my fingers and did the full factory reset. It went well, and the 82 channels I previously had scanned back in, so the first phase went well. The next step was to let the PSIP data populate the Guide for a while, then go through it and set up as many series recordings as possible. I got 8 out o 25 in the first 15 minutes. I changed the channel for a few minutes at a time to the channels for the series recordings I want, but I'm going to have to wait an hour or two before I get any of the late night programs in the Guide. PBS also appears to be in pledge drive mode, so NOVA and Secrets of the Dead won't be able to be added for a few weeks. While I was waiting for the Guide to populate I changed the few settings I had previously modified to what I wanted, specifically the jump forward/back settings and the auto shut down setting. I also recreated the manual recordings and reformatted the internal HDD.

So now it's just a matter of keeping an eye on the Guide and setting up Series Recordings as they present and crossing them off the list. I think The Orville might be the last one I can reschedule, especially if it returns at the end of the year like it did in 2018.

Last edited by Greasemonkey; 08-15-2019 at 01:36 PM.
post #16653 of 16776 Old 08-15-2019, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
So now it's just a matter of keeping an eye on the Guide and setting up Series Recordings as they present and crossing them off the list. I think The Orville might be the last one I can reschedule, especially if it returns at the end of the year like it did in 2018.
The Orville is being moved to Hulu as a Hulu Exclusive for the next season -- so no more OTA for Captain Mercer. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16654 of 16776 Old 08-16-2019, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by eherberg View Post
The Orville is being moved to Hulu as a Hulu Exclusive for the next season -- so no more OTA for Captain Mercer. :-)
Well that sure sucks. But it certainly settles the issue: The Orville will definitely be the last of my series recordings that I add to the list...perhaps a year and a half to two years later than I wanted to, if it even airs on broadcast television again.
post #16655 of 16776 Old 08-17-2019, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
One of my DVR+'s has developed a problem that factory reset won't resolve. I disconnected the HD and network cable and did an advanced restore. Plus regular one several times. I have been in contact with Channel Master and followed all of their suggestions.
The guide is not going out 14 days some only 2 days. I can't redo the internet channels. I think there is a problem with the network part of the DVR. I asked Channel Masters for the developer codes to do a reset, but they wouldn't give them to me.
Any suggestions? Does anyone have the "hidden" codes to reset the DVR? I tried to redo the firmware, but if it is the same it won't do anything. I have the latest firmware.

Thanks!

Tom
Orlando
post #16656 of 16776 Old 08-17-2019, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtiburon View Post
One of my DVR+'s has developed a problem that factory reset won't resolve...
In the Network Setup menu, do you have "connected" at the bottom for both "Wired connection status" and "Internet status"? If not, go into Advanced Settings and see if you have a valid IP address, Subnet mask, Gateway address, and Primary DNS. Also check the STB Health menu (second page) under Technical Info.
post #16657 of 16776 Old 08-17-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70 View Post
In the Network Setup menu, do you have "connected" at the bottom for both "Wired connection status" and "Internet status"? If not, go into Advanced Settings and see if you have a valid IP address, Subnet mask, Gateway address, and Primary DNS. Also check the STB Health menu (second page) under Technical Info.
It is showing Unable to get internet guide Update Time and Unable to get Update Time for internet Channels.
Also that Channel Master TV status is Activated. This is after many factory resets. I know that somehow it needs to be
low level reset. The menu Factory Reset isn't resetting the network.
I powered off my network and back on. No change
I took out the wired network and added the dongle and setup wireless network. No change.
I turned my phones network off and set it as a hot spot then set DVR to use my phone WiFi. No change

Right now I am getting two days guide, or the same as not being connected to the internet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	451.2 KB
ID:	2603914  
post #16658 of 16776 Old 08-17-2019, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Since you didn't go to page 2 of the STB health, nor did you tell me if you were connected to the internet or had a valid IP, I can't comment further.
post #16659 of 16776 Old 08-17-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Since you didn't go to page 2 of the STB health, nor did you tell me if you were connected to the internet or had a valid IP, I can't comment further.
Here are the other two screen grabs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	2604038   Click image for larger version

Name:	STB page 2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	2604040  
post #16660 of 16776 Old 08-17-2019, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2800 Post(s)
Liked: 1360
Quote:
I tried to redo the firmware, but if it is the same it won't do anything.
You can reflash the DVR+ with the current firmware version by using a "maintenance reset:"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
Fortunately, reinstalling the software is not that hard. I've included instructions below for reverting to an older version, but it works for the the current version. You just have to download 124R 135R from CM's web page: http://support.channelmaster.com/hc/...oftware-Update, and put it on a USB stick (should be an empty stick, and should be formatted FAT32).

That said, you could try forcing the DVR+ to reinstall version 124R 135R using your Ethernet connection on the DVR+. Steps "g" and "h" (see instructions below on installing an old version) describe how to force the DVR+ into a Maintenance Reset (probably what you were trying to do by holding the power button and connecting power). I just did those two steps (without a USB Stick), just to see what happens. I left the WiFi dongle plug in, and the USB HDD connected, and after the DVR+ complaining a few times (I just let it go) it finally got a Internet connection and downloaded the current software.... The "update" completed without issue (about 10 minutes), and when the DVR+ rebooted, and went though the sequence you've described, plus the grinding gears image I've described, and stopped with the unit in Standby Mode. Since you're using Ethernet, yours should be much smoother and faster. I would definitely give this a try before boxing it up for return, unless you just don't trust the unit. If you have any trouble without having version 124R 135R on a USB Stick, I'd download that version, put it on a Stick and try it that way. For anyone else thinking about doing this, the device did NOT lose anything (the Rovi Guide, the Recordings, the Recording Schedules, etc are all unharmed).

Installing an old Update (should work just as well for the current version (124R 135R):
  • Installing an old DVR+ Software Update is not a straight forward process, as the DVR+ will reject it in favor of the installed version. But it can be done, following the steps below. This procedure has been reported to successfully revert from DVR+ version 124R to 114R, and 111R to 108R, so is likely to work in all cases, at least through DVR+ version 124R 135R. I believe it was AVS Forum member rbpratt541 who first described this procedure in an AVS Forum post on 11/12/2014 at 10:37am (central). Thanks rbpratt541! I believe this has been referred to as a "Maintenance Reset".

Of course, you'll need a copy of the old software, and hopefully you have it in you private stock somewhere, a really good practice since CM removes outdated versions from their web page as soon as they post the newest version. If you don't have a copy, an AVS Forum post on 06-11-2015 at 7:42PM (central) has a link (to the host dropbox) where many versions can be found. The link opens a Dropbox page with links to many DVR+ software updates. If Dropbox asks you to sign up, or log-in, you don't have to do that, just click the "X" button on the popup to close it, then click on the update you'd like to download. If that's no longer available, search the rest of the Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread. If still not found, post a plea for the needed version and maybe someone will be able to help.
  • Ensure a USB Thumbdrive is formatted in FAT32. Other formats will be rejected.
  • Copy the older software update onto the Thumbdrive. It MUST be in the root directory, and MUST be the only DVR+ update in the root directory.
  • Put the DVR+ in Stand-by mode (dim blue light).
  • Unplug the power cord (or power supply, whichever is convenient). In a few steps, you'll have to simultaneously restore power and press a button on the DVR+, so keep that in mine when deciding what to unplug.
  • Unplug the WiFi Adapter, or Ethernet cable, to prevent Internet access, and unplug the USB HDD. The HDMI cable, and Antenna Lead can remain connected.
  • Plug the USB Thumbdrive, containing the old Software Update, into the DVR+.
  • Depress and Hold the front panel button, and restore electrical power.
  • The front panel light will flash blue, and red for a second. When the light goes out, immediately release the button, count 3 seconds, push the button again, and release.
  • The TV should show the update in progress.
  • When done, the DVR+ will restart automatically. The screen may go black for about 15 seconds, so be patient. Note: It has been reported that this sometimes fails. If that happens, connect the Thumbdrive to a computer, check for a folder named 'core dumping', and delete the folder. As already mentioned, ensure the Thumbdrive is formatted as FAT32. Repeat the process.
  • When complete, remove the Thumbdrive and reconnect the USB HDD (both can be done while the DVR+ is powered), and follow the instructions to reconnect the USB HDD.
  • Reconnect the WiFi Adapter, or the Ethernet cable, and follow the on screen instructions to get Internet communications working.

Note:
To prevent the DVR+ from eventually forcing an update to the current version, the DVR+ must be denied access to Internet address tr50.dishaccess.tv. That's done in your router's software, which varies from router to router.

Good Luck!

Last edited by JHBrandt; 08-21-2019 at 04:27 PM.
post #16661 of 16776 Old 08-17-2019, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here are the other two screen grabs.
As far as it goes, that all looks normal. Because that IP address is rather low, I'm assuming you've set up a static IP; if so, make sure your DNS server (normally your router's IP will do assuming it acts as a DNS server, but you could try many other DNS servers e.g.: 209.222.18.222). If all of that is ok, then its not obvious why it cannot get the guide if other DVR+ units on the same network, configured in the same way, can. As suggested by JHBrandt, maybe your firmware is corrupted somehow, so try the re-install.
post #16662 of 16776 Old 08-17-2019, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
One of my DVR+'s has developed a problem that factory reset won't resolve. I disconnected the HD and network cable and did an advanced restore. Plus regular one several times. I have been in contact with Channel Master and followed all of their suggestions.
The guide is not going out 14 days some only 2 days. I can't redo the internet channels. I think there is a problem with the network part of the DVR. I asked Channel Masters for the developer codes to do a reset, but they wouldn't give them to me.
Any suggestions?
It sounds like your DVR+ isn't able to connect to the Internet guide server or CMTV server, but the screen shots you posted show it believes it's connected to the Internet.

Make sure there isn't some setting at your Internet router that might be blocking the DVR+ from accessing the servers it needs. (I do have mine set to block access to tr50.dishaccess.tv, which is the DTVPal/DVR+ firmware update server. Blocking that host name is OK but nothing else should be blocked.) If you have restricted access to the Internet, make sure the DVR+'s MAC address is on your "allowed" list.

If possible, try connecting your DVR+ to the Internet another way. You implied you have more than one; try swapping them and seeing if the problem moves to the other DVR. If it does, that would indicate something is wrong with the Internet connection.
post #16663 of 16776 Old 08-17-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
It sounds like your DVR+ isn't able to connect to the Internet guide server or CMTV server, but the screen shots you posted show it believes it's connected to the Internet.

Make sure there isn't some setting at your Internet router that might be blocking the DVR+ from accessing the servers it needs. (I do have mine set to block access to tr50.dishaccess.tv, which is the DTVPal/DVR+ firmware update server. Blocking that host name is OK but nothing else should be blocked.) If you have restricted access to the Internet, make sure the DVR+'s MAC address is on your "allowed" list.

If possible, try connecting your DVR+ to the Internet another way. You implied you have more than one; try swapping them and seeing if the problem moves to the other DVR. If it does, that would indicate something is wrong with the Internet connection.
When someone calls us and say they are having a problem, the first thing we ask is what has changed since it was last working. Well the answer here is that nothing has changed. I first noticed it when I saw part of an ad for NASCAR on NBC on Saturday. So I did a search for NASCAR and it came up empty. So I went to the Guide on NBC CH2 here in Orlando. I then noticed it wouldn't go 14 days. I tried to do a guide refresh and no change. I then contacted Channel Master. By the way they have been responding, even though they no longer sell the DVR+. I didn't want to have to set in all of my programs again, so Factory Refresh was saved for last. I have since done several. With and without Ethernet. With and without hard drive. Ethernet then WiFi dongle. Lastly I used the WiFi dongle and my phone as a hot spot with WiFi off so it was cellular and no connection to my home internet.

Tomorrow I am going to try forcing the firmware update as mentioned above.

I'll let you know, and thanks guys for helping!

Tom D Orlando

By the way I guess the Talladega NASCAR race is on cable :-(
post #16664 of 16776 Old 08-18-2019, 09:18 AM

I was successful with installing the firmware this morning and it completed the setup. All the programs set to record were still there. It didn't change the fact that it still thinks it has the internet channels activated. That should have gone away with the first factory refresh. There are several days of guide, but not 14 days. I have the MAC address of the DVR, I might send it to Channel Master and see what it says at their end.

I'll keep you posted

Tom D
Orlando
post #16665 of 16776 Old 08-18-2019, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
There are several days of guide, but not 14 days.
I don't have any advice beyond what's been given already. But I've noticed that starting with 135R firmware, I rarely see 14 days of guide. Usually 10 days. Sometimes as few as 7. Thought I'd mention that so you don't go on a wild goose chase, looking for the full 14 days.
post #16666 of 16776 Old 08-18-2019, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arenal04 View Post
I don't have any advice beyond what's been given already. But I've noticed that starting with 135R firmware, I rarely see 14 days of guide. Usually 10 days. Sometimes as few as 7. Thought I'd mention that so you don't go on a wild goose chase, looking for the full 14 days.
Same here I haven't seen 14 day guide since the 135r like Arenal04 7 to 10 mostly 7. Also I had to switch to manual clock setting to stop 30 minute shows from starting 20 minutes late.
post #16667 of 16776 Old 08-18-2019, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I then contacted Channel Master. By the way they have been responding, even though they no longer sell the DVR+.

By the way I guess the Talladega NASCAR race is on cable :-(
I guess that would explain the lack of search results....

The fact that CM has been trying to help is good news, even though they haven't solved the problem. I think a lot of DVR+ owners figured that when CM stopped selling the DVR+, they also stopped caring about the folks who bought it.
Quote:
There are several days of guide, but not 14 days.
Normally, PSIP guide data only goes out 1-3 days, though you may have a "good" station or two that goes out longer.

If you're getting more than 3 days on more than one or two stations, you probably are getting guide data after all. (A good way to check is to look at the icons for each channel. If they're all generic "TV screen" icons; you aren't getting guide data from the Internet; if they're mostly correct, you are getting Internet guide data and your Internet connection is working after all.)

If you're getting some Internet guide data, your area (Orlando) may be experiencing a guide outage. I would expect to see this on both DVR+'s, not just one; but it may be just bad luck: the outage may have started after you tried a reboot or factory reset, and the other DVR+ may still have guide data left over from before the outage started.
post #16668 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
I guess that would explain the lack of search results....

The fact that CM has been trying to help is good news, even though they haven't solved the problem. I think a lot of DVR+ owners figured that when CM stopped selling the DVR+, they also stopped caring about the folks who bought it.Normally, PSIP guide data only goes out 1-3 days, though you may have a "good" station or two that goes out longer.

If you're getting more than 3 days on more than one or two stations, you probably are getting guide data after all. (A good way to check is to look at the icons for each channel. If they're all generic "TV screen" icons; you aren't getting guide data from the Internet; if they're mostly correct, you are getting Internet guide data and your Internet connection is working after all.)

If you're getting some Internet guide data, your area (Orlando) may be experiencing a guide outage. I would expect to see this on both DVR+'s, not just one; but it may be just bad luck: the outage may have started after you tried a reboot or factory reset, and the other DVR+ may still have guide data left over from before the outage started.
I have 2 of the DTV Pals one in use and it gets PSIP. I set it to record 5 minutes in the morning each day on the channels I want to record so it downloads the PSIP. I am getting 8 days on the DVR+ that I have been working with. The Channel Master channels are still corrupted. Anytime I try to change them it throws an error, Contact Channel Master. That tells me that their system is still connected to the DVR+ MAC address.
post #16669 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am getting 8 days on the DVR+ that I have been working with.
I am also getting 8 days right now, so yours seems to be par for the course.
post #16670 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
I am also getting 8 days right now, so yours seems to be par for the course.
8 days here also, including today, Monday August 19.
post #16671 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Intermittent Problem with Replay

This only happens once or twice a week, but is very frustrating when it occurs. If I try to rewind using either the skip back button, in my case it's 10 seconds, or the continuous rewind button, nothing happens. It is as though the unit does not have any data to replay. To get it working again, all that I have to do is shut down the DVR+, then turn it back on again. I believe it is what is called a soft reset, the bright blue pilot light goes to dim blue, then I turn it back on to full blue.

I'm thinking the issue is hard drive related, as I have two DVR+'s and the problem occurs on both units. I've had one of the units since 2014, the problem just started several months ago. Here is what I have.

Software version 134R
2 TB external drive
3 remotes, one original style and two new style, issue is present regardless of which remote I'm using
post #16672 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles218 View Post
This only happens once or twice a week, but is very frustrating when it occurs. If I try to rewind using either the skip back button, in my case it's 10 seconds, or the continuous rewind button, nothing happens. It is as though the unit does not have any data to replay. To get it working again, all that I have to do is shut down the DVR+, then turn it back on again. I believe it is what is called a soft reset, the bright blue pilot light goes to dim blue, then I turn it back on to full blue.

I'm thinking the issue is hard drive related, as I have two DVR+'s and the problem occurs on both units. I've had one of the units since 2014, the problem just started several months ago. Here is what I have.

Software version 134R
2 TB external drive
3 remotes, one original style and two new style, issue is present regardless of which remote I'm using
The blue light changing shades isn't a reset at all. There's what we've called a warm reboot, where you hold the power button on the DVR+ down until the light goes out. At which point you can release the power button. The unit then reboots itself. Then there's the cold reboot, where you disconnect the power cord from the DVR+ for a minute or two, then reconnect it. The second method clears out a lot of weird behavior, due to some mismanagement of memory by the DVR+. I would give the cold reboot a try. In fact, I do it with my unit once a month, so problems don't crop up.

Some people have also reported problems when hard drives start getting full, such as 80-85%. What's your disk usage percentage?
post #16673 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the info regarding restarts, rebooting, etc., I'm a bit inexperienced with this and the info was helpful. I did try a cold reboot a couple of months ago, that is what fixed it at the time, but the problem has come up several times since then. I will try it again though. What settings do I lose by doing a cold reboot?

Hard drive is currently about 70% full, has been as high as 90 plus at times until we deleted some recordings.

I suppose that it could be a coincidence, but that fact that it happens with both of my CM units makes me think that the issue lies outside of the DVR.
post #16674 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I did try a cold reboot a couple of months ago, that is what fixed it at the time, but the problem has come up several times since then. I will try it again though.
First the bad news: unfortunately you need to do it periodically.
Quote:
What settings do I lose by doing a cold reboot?
Now the good news: none. It wouldn't do for a DVR to lose settings if the power fails, which will cause a cold boot.
Quote:
Hard drive is currently about 70% full, has been as high as 90 plus at times until we deleted some recordings.
One of the things a cold boot will do is a filesystem check on the hard drive, recovering any unused space. So that by itself may fix your problem for a while.
post #16675 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 01:07 PM

If only this were a repeatable issue, being intermittent makes if much more difficult to know if a fix has worked or not. I'll do the reboot and wait.
post #16676 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
What settings do I lose by doing a cold reboot?
What @JHBrandt said. Two other small things. One, once, the unit comes back up, it will be REALLY sluggish while it downloads a new guide. This can take 10-15 minutes. Better off just not using it during that time. Two, your recordings will no longer be in alphabetical order. With the recordings displayed on-screen, press the yellow button. The recordings will re-sort, but not into alphabetical order. Press the yellow button again. Voila!
post #16677 of 16776 Old 08-19-2019, 11:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Exclamation test your HDD(s)

Quote:

Software version 134R
2 TB external drive
You always could test your HDD condition, connecting it to your PC, by pulling SMART data for start, then scan whole disk with remapping bad sectors.
Get GsmartControl program from Internet https://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.io/
post #16678 of 16776 Old 08-20-2019, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 4
General weirdness this morning. A lot of missing guide programming beyond 6 hours on some stations and their substations.

I refreshed the guide. No difference.
Did a cold reboot. No improvement, channels seemed to change/display an image more slowly, audio went silent on all channels. Signals seemed adequately strong.
Did a warm reboot and the audio returned, guide still limited.

Last edited by skypirate; 08-20-2019 at 11:03 AM.
post #16679 of 16776 Old 08-20-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypirate View Post
General weirdness this morning. A lot of missing guide programming beyond beyond 6 hours on some stations and their substations.

I refreshed the guide. No difference.
Did a cold reboot. No improvement, channels seemed to change/display an image more slowly, audio went silent on all channels. Signals seemed adequately strong.
Did a warm reboot and the audio returned, guide still limited.
After a reboot where you disconnect the power cord, then reconnect it, it takes 10-15 minutes for the full guide to download. Also, you can try a different ZIP code. When doing so, I'll try one that's in the area, then try one far away, like Los Angeles or New York. Helps give me an idea what to report to ChannelMaster.
skypirate likes this.
post #16680 of 16776 Old 08-20-2019, 01:06 PM

Response from Channel Master about the Guide. 08-20-19

We are sorry to inform you that our guide data provider has changed the way data is sent to all Channel Master DVR+ units. This change may or may not impact your guide data and cause it to be missing or inaccurate. If your DVR+ has been impacted by this issue, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience but the accuracy of the guide info is outside of our control and cannot be corrected or improved by Channel Master.

If you are missing recordings because of this issue, we highly recommend reverting to the basic broadcaster provided source of program guide information. Please note that this method will only provide up to 2 days of program info and is not compatible with the "new episode" recording feature. Many DVR+ customers use this method of guide data and are pleased with the user experience.

There you have it. Looks like PSIP is soon in the future for DVR+. I have been down that road with DTV Pal. 2 days maybe if you are lucky.

Tom D
Orlando
pachinko likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , 999 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , maintenance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page