Originally Posted by Ericglo
Barring that. How does one do a FW reinstall without seeing what is happening on the screen?
If I remember correctly, if the DVR+ is on and nothing is plugged into the USB drives you can just pop the USB drive with the FW in and it does everything automatically. But here are the instructions I have for an older version. It should reinstall the same version the same way. A blind factory reset is going to be a lot more involved, and probably will require the button sequence be written down.
· Ensure a USB Thumbdrive is formatted in FAT32. Other formats will be rejected.
· Copy the older software update onto the Thumbdrive. It MUST be in the root directory.
· Put the DVR+ in Stand-by mode (dim blue light).
· Unplug the power cord (or power supply, whichever is convenient). In a few steps, you'll have to simultaneously restore power and press a button on the DVR+, so keep that in mind when deciding what to unplug.
· Unplug the WiFi Adapter, or Ethernet cable, to prevent Internet access, and unplug the USB HDD. The HDMI cable, and Antenna Lead can remain connected.
· Plug the USB Thumbdrive, containing the old Software Update, into the DVR+.
· Depress and Hold the front panel button, and restore electrical power.
· The front panel light will flash blue, and red for a second. When the light goes out, immediately release the button, count 3 seconds, push the button again, and release.
· The TV should show the update in progress.
· When done, the DVR+ will restart automatically. The screen may go black for about 15 seconds, so be patient.Note: It has been reported that this sometimes fails. If that happens, connect the Thumbdrive to a computer, check for a folder named 'core dumping', and delete the folder. As already mentioned, ensure the Thumbdrive is formatted as FAT32. Repeat the process.
· When complete, remove the Thumbdrive and reconnect the USB HDD (both can be done while the DVR+ is powered), and follow the instructions to reconnect the USB HDD.
· Reconnect the WiFi Adapter, or the Ethernet cable, and follow instructions.