Originally Posted by kcat
Anyone know how to reformat an internal hard drive that has been replaced on these Phillips units ?
The unit will automatically format an external USB drive, but does not do this with a replaced internal hard drive.
I know, I'm over a year late in answering this but I just started looking at these models. They're not for me. Anyway here's what I got from the service manual:
HDD format is needed after replacing the HDD. Enter the Factory Mode and complete HDD format by following the procedure below.
•Construct file system to the HDD
•Delete all data in the HDD data area
•Initialize the flash data
After the HDD formatting, the unit will automatically start initialization.
1. Turn the power on.
2. Press , , , , , , [INFO] buttons in this order. The service mode screen will be displayed. All LED light.
3. Press [DISPLAY] button. The HDD Test Mode screen will be displayed. - To cancel the HDD test mode, press power button.
4. Press  button to display HDD format screen.
5. Press [OK] button, starts HDD format. Make sure to confirm the “INITIALIZED FINISH” appears in the green screen.
6. Unplug the AC Cord. Note: •The HDD format may take a while. Do not unplug the AC cord for approximately 1 minute.
Err No. Condition
ERR 20 Displayed when HDD is not connected.
ERR 25 Displayed when the unit failed to create partition.
ERR 26 Displayed when HDD key read/write failed.
ERR 27 Displayed when the unit failed to create file system.