TiVo Roamio OTA DVR - Page 113 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 987Likes

post #3361 of 3366 Old 11-21-2019, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
"Obviously"??
Interesting theory, anything to back that concept up? Not to say that isn't/wasen't possible especially when you have (for the most part) a monopoly on DVR's. .
Most of Tivo's revenue comes from the Cable industry. Follow the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 3366 Old 11-21-2019, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
And if they'd update their boxes to be more of an overall streamer box,maybe they'd make more money and wouldn't have to rely on cable company kickbacks to stay relevant. If the conspiracy is true...

So is there gojng to be a petition or call out to get disney+ added to the apps? I guess espn should be on that list too since Disney is bundling.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Tivo was one of the first set top boxes to offer Netflix streaming and they proceeded to lose millions of retail subscriptions. Most of the customer complaints about Tivo are the substandard streaming apps. Tivo's major competitors do not directly integrate the the streaming functionality into the DVR hardware. Tivo must provide a set top box app that allows streaming from the Tivo to other devices with superior streaming apps.
post #3363 of 3366 Old 11-21-2019, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by edrebber View Post
Tivo was one of the first set top boxes to offer Netflix streaming and they proceeded to lose millions of retail subscriptions. Most of the customer complaints about Tivo are the substandard streaming apps. Tivo's major competitors do not directly integrate the the streaming functionality into the DVR hardware. Tivo must provide a set top box app that allows streaming from the Tivo to other devices with superior streaming apps.
Eh. I really don't care to use a firestick, roku or what not if my mini vox does it all and wired to boot. I don't want multiple devices connected if I don't have to. I want one device at each video source and that's it. Well, outside of a BD player, but I only have that in the theater room.

I don't want to start up the TV and then navigate navigate navigate. Something to be said to turning on the TV and you're watching live TV. Something that's lost in a streaming world.

Jim in Phoenix likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3364 of 3366 Old 12-11-2019, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
Eh. I really don't care to use a firestick, roku or what not if my mini vox does it all and wired to boot. I don't want multiple devices connected if I don't have to. I want one device at each video source and that's it. Well, outside of a BD player, but I only have that in the theater room.

I don't want to start up the TV and then navigate navigate navigate. Something to be said to turning on the TV and you're watching live TV. Something that's lost in a streaming world.

Old paradigm. I too was raised in the top-down world. My kids don't get that and all their TV is streamed on demand. Appointment TV does not exist.

I use Tivos for the OTA, a Roku for streaming, and one open browser computer for less savory sources....but the old school reality is gone.

In Vienna we sit, in late night cafe. Straight Connection, on T.E.E.
post #3365 of 3366 Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 55
hi Speedlaw,
if you have internet service it is often free or costs less or doubles internet throughput/tier if you ADD BASIC TV. Basic TV includes two F R E E HD-DTA with ZERO MONTHLY COST. The low-cost/zero-cost HD-DTAs provide old-school-reality TV ergonomics, instant on/off with no navigation bs, fastest-channel-changing, easy volume control, closed-captions.
yours,
Racer Xlaw
post #3366 of 3366 Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlaw View Post
Old paradigm. I too was raised in the top-down world. My kids don't get that and all their TV is streamed on demand. Appointment TV does not exist.

I use Tivos for the OTA, a Roku for streaming, and one open browser computer for less savory sources....but the old school reality is gone.
If you believe your words, why are you a TiVo customer. Makes more sense to subscribe to streaming services that offer the programming you like on demand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page