Channel Master DVR+ vs TiVo Roamio OTA - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 71Likes

post #91 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post
Yes-Tivo is the Porsche and the DVR+ is the Kia.
Are you saying the Tivo gets *****ty gas millage and is used by people experiencing a mid-life crisis?
clarkss12 and raqball like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericko76 View Post
Are you saying the Tivo gets *****ty gas millage and is used by people experiencing a mid-life crisis?
If you have not noticed the Tivo owners are, well, kind of stuck on themselves..

I guess when you over pay for something you need to justify the purchase to yourself..

Last edited by raqball; 04-02-2015 at 04:55 PM.
post #93 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
If you have not noticed the Tivo owners are, well, kind of stuck on themselves..
I own several Tivo's, and I'm certainly not stuck on myself. The DVR+ is a good dvr, but it really isn't for people who are fanatical about recording tv (I admit it, I am).
I can and do transfer recordings from my Tivo to my HTPC and convert them to different formats and even burn them to dvd. And yes, Tivo no longer has web video downloads (which does suck), what other dvr even had this feature?
My biggest knock on the DVR+ is that it depends on Rovi for a useful guide. I owned TVGOS equipment and wouldn't trust them at all in the long-term.
Quote:
I guess when you over pay for something you need to justify the purchase to yourself..
I currently own four Tivo's, three of which I bought used, and will probably get myself a Roamio this summer. They have been very reliable machines (my Series 2 was bought in 2003 by the original owner). I certainly don't feel that they're overpriced, since they can do a lot of things other dvr's wouldn't even attempt.

There are two sides to every coin. You say they're overpriced, I say you get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhufnagel View Post
I own several Tivo's, and I'm certainly not stuck on myself. The DVR+ is a good dvr, but it really isn't for people who are fanatical about recording tv (I admit it, I am).
I can and do transfer recordings from my Tivo to my HTPC and convert them to different formats and even burn them to dvd. And yes, Tivo no longer has web video downloads (which does suck), what other dvr even had this feature?
My biggest knock on the DVR+ is that it depends on Rovi for a useful guide. I owned TVGOS equipment and wouldn't trust them at all in the long-term.
I currently own four Tivo's, three of which I bought used, and will probably get myself a Roamio this summer. They have been very reliable machines (my Series 2 was bought in 2003 by the original owner). I certainly don't feel that they're overpriced, since they can do a lot of things other dvr's wouldn't even attempt.

There are two sides to every coin. You say they're overpriced, I say you get what you pay for.
+1
I own multiple Tivo's and several DVR+'s, and can say that the Tivo is a superior experience, but the DVR+ is a nice little mid to entry level DVR which does not really compete in the same category as Tivo for the most part. They both have a place in the market-the DVR+ for those who cannot afford the Tivo or will not pony up the cash, and want a limited subset of capabilities and this meets their needs, while the Tivo's are for those expecting more and willing and able to pay more for it up front. To each his/her own. not sure why the DVR+ owners are so sensitive to the input given by those of us who have the luxury of owning both.
Perhaps the DVR+ only owners are insecure.......!
Cyclnz likes this.
post #95 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I agree 4 tuners is needed for quite a few people. Especially when Fall season is here and one wants to sample all the new shows. But there are ways to get around that pretty easy in the internet age for those with a bit of tech knowledge. As far as the guide, if Rovi were to stop providing the guide to the DVR+ I would be out $250. But cord cutting is really gaining in popularity, we are going to see new methods/technology on how to get our shows in the near future.
post #96 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
+1
I own multiple Tivo's and several DVR+'s, and can say that the Tivo is a superior experience, but the DVR+ is a nice little mid to entry level DVR which does not really compete in the same category as Tivo for the most part. They both have a place in the market-the DVR+ for those who cannot afford the Tivo or will not pony up the cash, and want a limited subset of capabilities and this meets their needs, while the Tivo's are for those expecting more and willing and able to pay more for it up front. To each his/her own. not sure why the DVR+ owners are so sensitive to the input given by those of us who have the luxury of owning both.
Care to explain what makes the Tivo superior?

I've had the luxury (LOL) of owning both and chose the DVR+ over the Roamio.

Your post is pretty funny though. Have a look over on the Tivo forums and see how superior it really is.. It's attitudes like your that give Tivo a bad name..

I liked the Roamio but your post is so bad it's almost laughable..
Cyclnz and jericko76 like this.

Last edited by raqball; 04-02-2015 at 07:19 PM.
post #97 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:

My post was in response to @qz3fwd . As you can see, he / she takes fanboy'ism to a new level..

And I did put a tongue sticking out avatar and a big grin avatar in my post..

The Roamio is nice but it's people like @qz3fwd that give Tivo users a bad name. The DVR+ is a fine machine as is the Tivo Roamio.

To say someone can't afford the luxury of a Tivo is flat out laughable! The Roamio OTA is $50 whopping bucks..
post #98 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
+1

I respect the fact that you have both, but I am having a hard time understanding why you think the DVR+ is a "entry level DVR" while the Tivo is the "superior experience." You get twice the tuners, which is awesome for those who need them but allot of us do not and its not that we cannot afford it. The Tivo and DVR+ both have excellent guides, both have the "season pass/record only new" option. I give you the Tivo has Netflix/Prime, but the DVR+ is getting Prime and my $29 Roku has Prime/Netflix, and 1000+ other worthless channels.

Please explain to me what Tivo is doing to provide this superior experience that the DVR+ is not capable of (besides the 2 extra tuners, we get it). I mean I paid $249 for the DVR+ (already had the HD) and the Tivo would be $500. So twice the price, I bet you have allot to explain to me.

Looking forward to hearing all the awesomeness you get for another $250
Cyclnz and raqball like this.
post #99 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I respect the fact that you have both, but I am having a hard time understanding why you think the DVR+ is a "entry level DVR" while the Tivo is the "superior experience." You get twice the tuners, which is awesome for those who need them but allot of us do not and its not that we cannot afford it. The Tivo and DVR+ both have excellent guides, both have the "season pass/record only new" option. I give you the Tivo has Netflix/Prime, but the DVR+ is getting Prime and my $29 Roku has Prime/Netflix, and 1000+ other worthless channels.

Please explain to me what Tivo is doing to provide this superior experience that the DVR+ is not capable of (besides the 2 extra tuners, we get it). I mean I paid $249 for the DVR+ (already had the HD) and the Tivo would be $500. So twice the price, I bet you have allot to explain to me.

I seriously doubt he ever had a DVR+. If he did then he would not slam it as hard as he does. He would simply say it's a nice machine (because it is) but that he went with the Tivo for the extra tuners or because he didn't want to use a Roku for the apps..

The way he talks about the DVR+ only being for homeless hobos tells me he never had one..
post #100 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:

Ive got no axe to grind against either the dvr+ or tivo, having owned both myself ... But the one thing i see tivo does better than anyone else is that you can remain in their walled garden for a large majority of the viewing experience. Their universal search and one pass is really very impressive and they have done a great job bringing together existing broadcast or cable services with online content in a single experience.

The one thing i constantly struggle with is trying to figure out what to watch and then what service to use to watch the content. Tivo does make it easier.
Cyclnz likes this.
post #101 of 216 Old 04-02-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Ive got no axe to grind against either the dvr+ or tivo, having owned both myself ... But the one thing i see tivo does better than anyone else is that you can remain in their walled garden for a large majority of the viewing experience. Their universal search and one pass is really very impressive and they have done a great job bringing together existing broadcast or cable services with online content in a single experience.

The one thing i constantly struggle with is trying to figure out what to watch and then what service to use to watch the content. Tivo does make it easier.
I agree that is one thing the Tivo does nicely.. I have Netflix just for House of Cards and Orange is the new black and with Tivo One Pass it puts the shows right on my list. The bummer is that Tivo has gotten slower at updating these when new episodes were available.

I know there were many complaints recently with House of cards not updating in One Pass for days on end once the new episodes were released.

But yes, I agree this is a nice feature of the Tivo. The bummer is that web downloads were recently removed. These also worked great with One Pass..
post #102 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
The point of this thread was DVR+ -v- Tivo Roamio and since I've recently had both here are my thoughts.

Channel Master DVR+:

Postivie:

Price -- $250 + $50 for hard drive = $300 total. Assuming a 5-year life span (could be more or less for either the DVR+ or the Tivo) the monthly cost would be $5 a month.

Design -- Thin and stylish

Apps / Channels: Linear channels are to be added soon. The apps selection is minimal but they work fine.

Negative:

Tuners -- The DVR+ only has 2. You can split the antenna feed and run the 2nd into your TV thus making a 3rd tuner for live TV viewing only.

Tivo Roamio used for OTA:

Positive:

Tuners -- The Roamio has 4. Splitting the feed would give you a 5th tuner for live TV only viewing.

Apps / channels: More apps available than the DVR+ (apps are also a negative)

Negatives:

Price -- A Roamio base with lifetime purchased from Tivo is $700. Using the 5-year life span that is about $12 a month. If you purchase the OTA only version that is $50 for the unit then $15 a month.

*You can buy a code that will allow you to purchase a Roamio base with lifetime for $450 plus the cost of the code which is about $40. Going that route you'd be at $490 total or about $8 a month using the 5-year life span.

Apps / channels -- While the Tivo does have more apps they are pretty bad. You are better off using a Ruku or a Chromecast instead of the included apps.

Tivo also recently removed web downloads from the boxes.

That's my quick .02 on both. Both will record OTA channels just fine and both offer EPG data.

Now how many non cord cutters, non DVR+, non Tivo OTA'ers will quote this post is the Q?
I'm not happy about tivo removing video podcast downloads they want us to use the Web video hotlist now. It's kind of slow
post #103 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post
I'm not happy about tivo removing video podcast downloads they want us to use the Web video hotlist now. It's kind of slow
There are a lot of people not happy about it. Add in that Hulu has said they will no longer update their Tivo app and the future looks bleaker than it was a few weeks ago. What's next to be removed or not updated?
post #104 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I did contact Rovi and received a response just now that says they have updated the listing! Jackpot!

The email response said it may take several days for the new and correct lineup to take effect!
Quote:
That's great news!
Just to finalize. Rovi was quick to update the incorrect guide listing. As of this morning the channel data is now correct.
jericko76 likes this.
post #105 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I seriously doubt he ever had a DVR+. If he did then he would not slam it as hard as he does. He would simply say it's a nice machine (because it is) but that he went with the Tivo for the extra tuners or because he didn't want to use a Roku for the apps..

The way he talks about the DVR+ only being for homeless hobos tells me he never had one..
Nice-you dont like the mesage so revert to accusations you know NOTHING about.
Here is my order number: Order#: 55583. Would you like more details? Perhaps my other order# for my DVR+16GB and tracking #'S, or how about a youtube video....haha.
Better yet-you can stop over and I can show you if you want to come to Michigan....
I did not call DVR+ owners Hobo's. That is your insecurity/exxageration.

Furthermore I have no axe to grind wrt the DVR+-it is a nice little toy to play with, as is the tivo, and is part of my collection of AV equipment. I really have no need for it but bought it when they came out to (1) play with, (2) support DVR manufacturers, (3) was interested in the european version which this is based on but worthless here due to the DVT-T/DVB tuners. I have no use for netflix stuff and have never used it so I cannot comment about netflix related stuff. I see the DVR+ as a mid to entry level DVR, while the Tivo is the benchmark/flagship.

Not sure about what your needs are but I enjoy having 4/6 tuners, tivo transfer in-built functionality (not possible with my DVR+ 1TB), cable encrypted-I do enjoy several cable channels, plus internal multi terabyte storage, online scheduling, streaming to mobile devices and downloads to mobile devices, and whole home capabilities.
Are those items avaliable on your DVR+?
Again, maybe not your needs but these things and others put the Tivo above the DVR+.
Notice I mentioned not the Tivo OTA, but rather the normal Roamio DVR which is what I own.
BTW-my friend cancelled his Comcast account and moved to shanghai for work for 6 months and he uses the my tivo's streaming functionality to enjoy all his shows and save round about 200/month cable costs. I got a top of the line Roamio out of the deal and so have an extra Roamio base laying around never used before.

I personally do worry about Rovi as guide provider being affected by Rovi with my Sony DHG's and considering we have NO KNOWLEDGE of the contractual agreement between CM and Rovi to provide OUR guide data-how long will it last? PSIP may be sufficient to get by in a pinch but broadcasters dont seem to include many days worth of metadata in the ts streams-maybe what 2 days at most? Now if someone could reverse engineer the rovi guide data stream protocol and impement sothing like serversdirect or whatever it is called we could ensure we have guide service after 6 years or so if/when rovi goes poof.

Last edited by qz3fwd; 04-03-2015 at 12:38 PM.
post #106 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Nice-you dont like the mesage so revert to accusations you know NOTHING about.
Here is my order number: Order#: 55583. Would you like more details? Perhaps my other order# for my DVR+16GB and tracking #'S, or how about a youtube video....haha.
Better yet-you can stop over and I can show you if you want to come to Michigan....
I did not call DVR+ owners Hobo's. That is your insecurity/exxageration.

Furthermore I have no axe to grind wrt the DVR+-it is a nice little toy to play with, as is the tivo, and is part of my collection of AV equipment. I really have no need for it but bought it when they came out to (1) play with, (2) support DVR manufacturers, (3) was interested in the european version which this is based on but worthless here due to the DVT-T/DVB tuners. I have no use for netflix stuff and have never used it so I cannot comment about netflix related stuff. I see the DVR+ as a mid to entry level DVR, while the Tivo is the benchmark/flagship.

Not sure about what your needs are but I enjoy having 4/6 tuners, tivo transfer in-built functionality (not possible with my DVR+ 1TB), cable encrypted-I do enjoy several cable channels, plus internal multi terabyte storage, online scheduling, streaming to mobile devices and downloads to mobile devices, and whole home capabilities.
Are those items avaliable on your DVR+?
Again, maybe not your needs but these things and others put the Tivo above the DVR+.
Notice I mentioned not the Tivo OTA, but rather the normal Roamio DVR which is what I own.
BTW-my friend cancelled his Comcast account and moved to shanghai for work for 6 months and he uses the my tivo's streaming functionality to enjoy all his shows and save round about 200/month cable costs. I got a top of the line Roamio out of the deal and so have an extra Roamio base laying around never used before.

I personally do worry about Rovi as guide provider being affected by Rovi with my Sony DHG's and considering we have NO KNOWLEDGE of the contractual agreement between CM and Rovi to provide OUR guide data-how long will it last? PSIP may be sufficient to get by in a pinch but broadcasters dont seem to include many days worth of metadata in the ts streams-maybe what 2 days at most? Now if someone could reverse engineer the rovi guide data stream protocol and impement sothing like serversdirect or whatever it is called we could ensure we have guide service after 6 years or so if/when rovi goes poof.

Sorry; but that reads like "my dick is bigger than your dick," but with poor grammar/spelling.

You labeling the DVR+ as "entry level" voids all your credibility. No one is arguing the TIVO offers more, but all the items you listed do not appeal to me.

Something like the Mediasonic HW-150PVR at $40 would be a entry level DVR. Not a $300 device with features that rival the TIVO.

raqball likes this.

Last edited by jericko76; 04-03-2015 at 12:46 PM.
post #107 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry; but that reads like "my dick is bigger than your dick," but with poor grammar/spelling.
Read it however you want-I really could care a less. Enjoy your DVR and have a good day.
Maybe mine is longer than yours-let me get th eyardstick out and why dont you post your length here.....

Last edited by qz3fwd; 04-03-2015 at 01:09 PM.
post #108 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 02:01 PM

Must be internet play time at daycare...
post #109 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Mentioned: 317 Post(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 1118
Move on guys...not another word about each other.
Cyclnz likes this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
post #110 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Must be internet play time at daycare...
The threads here at AVS sometimes become entertaining and others get to bring out the bag of popcorn and watch for free......
Does anyone here consider the Mediasonic and clones as suitable day to day DVR's?
From what I have read they are not at all reliable and cannot even record a show and playback a recoded show simultaneously, not to mention missing recordings frequently.
I think that it is universally accepted that a DVR reliably records scheduled events and can both record and playback at the same time?
I personally wouldnt even consider that device to qualify as an entry level DVR, but if they really are at least reliable then OK I will give it the benefit of the doubt.
I have several times almost ordered 1 from Amazon just to see how it works but after reading up a bit I decided it was not worth losing ~$50.
jericko76 likes this.

Last edited by qz3fwd; 04-03-2015 at 03:51 PM.
post #111 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 04:28 PM

My Roamio missed a few recording whereas my DVR+ has not missed one yet. Also, I had the Roamio schedule a recording that was not new even though the OnePass was setup for new only.. A reboot of the Roamio resolved the issue but to make it about to be perfect is leading people in the wrong direction.

I am sure the OP wanted a discussion of both the DVR+ -v- Tivo Roamio as the title indicates. This was sidetracked into a Roamio is god and DVR+ is junk type of discussion.

The OP made his decision based on his needs. Maybe someone else will stumble onto this thread seeking the same.

I don't understand why this thread had to be ruined but it is what it is..
jericko76 likes this.
post #112 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Nobody ever stated Roamio is god and DVR+ is junk.
I have no idea where you came up with that.
post #113 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Nobody ever stated Roamio is god and DVR+ is junk.
I have no idea where you came up with that.
Read your posts.. At any rate I will honor the administrators request and won't respond to you any further..
post #114 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
The threads here at AVS sometimes become entertaining and others get to bring out the bag of popcorn and watch for free......
Does anyone here consider the Mediasonic and clones as suitable day to day DVR's?
From what I have read they are not at all reliable and cannot even record a show and playback a recoded show simultaneously, not to mention missing recordings frequently.
I think that it is universally accepted that a DVR reliably records scheduled events and can both record and playback at the same time?
I personally wouldnt even consider that device to qualify as an entry level DVR, but if they really are at least reliable then OK I will give it the benefit of the doubt.
I have several times almost ordered 1 from Amazon just to see how it works but after reading up a bit I decided it was not worth losing ~$50.
Basically everything you said about the iView is correct. It can record in HD and it's recordings are easily imported or played on a PC or other media player, just too bad it's so darn flaky and half baked but I guess for <$50 one can't really expect more. Well they can expect more, but they're not going to get it
I have one and use it occasionally, only when both my Tivos tuners are in use(older 2 tuner Tivo) but I only use it for my lowest priority program and never use reoccuring events, and even at that it only records maybe 80% of what I program! If I could justify a 4 tuner Tivo my iView would be out the door.
post #115 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I think we were all just having fun with each other, no malicious intent. After all we share the same enthusiasm of not paying for what we can get for free, and technically better.
post #116 of 216 Old 04-03-2015, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
I have the iview. Im not using it currently but when i did, i dont recall it ever missing any recording. If it did. It was user error by me. I did leave the box on all the time though.

My general experience of the iview and clones isnt great. Its kind of like a last resort. If you can find anything else ... I would. I would actually prefer to pay hulu $7.99 a month instead of fiddling about with the iview !
post #117 of 216 Old 04-04-2015, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 82
If one does not need a whole house dvr setup, doesn't have cable, and will never record 2 or more programs simultaneously , what are the remaining advantages of the Tivo Roamio (any version) over the DVR+ that justify the higher price tag?
raqball likes this.
post #118 of 216 Old 04-04-2015, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lils Roro View Post
If one does not need a whole house dvr setup, doesn't have cable, and will never record 2 or more programs simultaneously , what are the remaining advantages of the Tivo Roamio (any version) over the DVR+ that justify the higher price tag?
I don't own a CM+ but I don't believe it can do wishlist recording. That is on my Tivo I have it setup to automatically record any occurrence of a particular actor, director, musical act, etc. that is aired. I believe Tivo also handles things like recording only first airings and conflict resolutions better than just about any other DVR. IOW for the most part I just set my Tivo to do what I want......and it does. Over 6 years and I've only missed a handful of recordings, to me thats worth the extra cost of a Tivo but others may feel differently or may feel the CM+ suites their needs, which is fine too. Oh I never use the whole house option, don't have cable and don't even have my Tivo tied to my PC nor internet, it still gets it's guide via dialup I do very much wish I had 4 tuners though, 3 would probably be fine for 99.9% of the time but for me 2 is an issue(my Tivo is only has 2 tuners).
Oh one other huge thing I use on my Tivo and I don't believe the CM+ can do(someone correct me if I'm wrong) is fairly frequently things get deleted on my Tivo after watching but later, up to about 3 weeks with my recording schedule, I'm able to very easily recover deleted programs and watch them again. I can't say how often in a household of multiple people this has been a lifesaver. I can also extend the duration things remain in my deleted folder(not written over yet) by permanently deleting things I know I'll never watch again. I don't do this too often but it's a nice option to have when I'm recording a lot or my Tivo has many many items yet to watch and my deleted folder starts to get small and therefor things would sit there for a shorter time.
Not saying there is anything wrong with the CM+ but Tivo has been building DVRs for over a decade and have pretty much perfected things, heck mine is 6 years old and they seem to have perfected things by the time they got to mine, which BTW has been plugged in and recording for all of it's six years with no incidents, I'm a believer

Last edited by jjeff; 04-04-2015 at 08:14 AM.
post #119 of 216 Old 04-04-2015, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:

As I said before, you get what you pay for. A lifetime Tivo with the discount code is not excessively more expensive than the CM and is a WAY better device. Not to mention that you'll get back almost all of the lifetime sub cost when you upgrade in future due to resale value so essentially it's cheaper than almost all alternatives over the long run.

To each their own.
post #120 of 216 Old 04-04-2015, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post
Not saying there is anything wrong with the CM+ but Tivo has been building DVRs for over a decade and have pretty much perfected things, heck mine is 6 years old and they seem to have perfected things by the time they got to mine, which BTW has been plugged in and recording for all of it's six years with no incidents, I'm a believer
This is exactly the point, and the reason why it's worth the extra cost to some. No one here has said that the CM is junk and that people buying it are idiots. It's just that a Tivo is the best DVR you can buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page