DVR+ Lister for Channel Master DVR+ - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: Do you move DVR+ recordings to a computer (multiple choices allowed)
Yes, Windows 48 50.00%
Yes, Linux 11 11.46%
Yes, Mac 5 5.21%
Yes, Other OS 1 1.04%
No 35 36.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 107Likes

post #571 of 577 Old 04-17-2020, 10:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1178 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Perhaps I'm lost in his temporal wording of his descriptions all stages what he posted here...
pachinko likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 577 Old 07-05-2020, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Hi. I need a consult please.

My DVR+ Lister setup was working just fine for a year or more and all of a sudden this morning I received an error message which I think means I exceeded the number of recordings on my DVR+ hard drive than DVR+ Lister is able to search for. I have a 4TB drive so I have a lot of recordings on it and it's been almost two weeks since I last tried to remove anything from this DVR+ hard drive. I noticed I didn't have the latest DVR+ Lister version so I went out and got it, but I have received a corrupt file error message when I try to unzip the files. I'm really stuck without DVR+ Lister now....it's going to take me a year to figure out all of this data without it. Any thoughts on how I can get it working again would be greatly appreciated. (My only plan is to copy everything off of the DVR+ manually and then delete a bunch of it (when connected back up at the TV) to see if I can get DVR+ Lister app working again for me)

I am using DVR+ Lister on a Windows 7 desktop.

See attached screen snapshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR+ z04 Error.png
Views:	8
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	2753332   Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR+ Collection Error.png
Views:	26
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	2753334  

Last edited by SeattleSounder; 07-05-2020 at 01:42 PM.
post #573 of 577 Old 07-05-2020, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@SeattleSounder ,
could you post your REI file here - I'll check by my program
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #574 of 577 Old 07-05-2020, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSounder View Post
Hi. I need a consult please.

My DVR+ Lister setup was working just fine for a year or more and all of a sudden this morning I received an error message which I think means I exceeded the number of recordings on my DVR+ hard drive than DVR+ Lister is able to search for. I have a 4TB drive so I have a lot of recordings on it and it's been almost two weeks since I last tried to remove anything from this DVR+ hard drive. I noticed I didn't have the latest DVR+ Lister version so I went out and got it, but I have received a corrupt file error message when I try to unzip the files. I'm really stuck without DVR+ Lister now....it's going to take me a year to figure out all of this data without it. Any thoughts on how I can get it working again would be greatly appreciated. (My only plan is to copy everything off of the DVR+ manually and then delete a bunch of it (when connected back up at the TV) to see if I can get DVR+ Lister app working again for me)

I am using DVR+ Lister on a Windows 7 desktop.

See attached screen snapshots.
Thanks for the screenshots!

I think the problem with so called corrupt zip file is due to them not being renamed not quite right before extracting. It's definitely oddball, but it allows the program to be hosted by this forum. Go back and read the instructions just above the download links. It says that four of the five spanning zip files must have their .zip file extension removed (that's only z01, z02, z03 and z04). The main zip file must retain the .zip extension. If that's the case, just fix their names, and try extracting again. I just downloaded version 15.7.3.1, and they extracted without issue. The renaming issue has happened before.

The other issue is the bad part. DVR+ Lister supports all 999 possible recordings, and since you only reached recording 574, I suspect the REI file may be corrupt, and DVR+ Lister is just too stupid to handle it. If v15.7.3.1 is able to read all of the REI file, than that would be great (let us know)! It's been a long time, but I think I addressed an issue like this, or was that in the Beta version?

Unfortunately, the error message produced by AutoIt provides a Line Number where the array subscript error occurred, but for the most part that line number is useless in providing me with the actual line number to go investigate. That said, someone who knows how to run the uncompiled DVR+ Lister .au3 file (the source which everyone has), it would provide the exact line number in the source code to investigate. As far as I know, it's impossible to do with the compiled version, because that version contains MUCH more code that the source code.

Anyway, P Smith is correct that the REI file would be required in order for him, or anyone else, to be able to identify the issue. If you post the REI file, be aware that anyone can read it. If you want to securely post it, you would have to zip it down and password protect that file, then send the password via PM. Unfortunately, the forum PM does not allow attachments, or it could be sent that way. Or some other method, such a File Hosting service, could be used.
post #575 of 577 Old 07-05-2020, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Let me play around with some things for a bit and I'll get back to you. I'm in the middle of manually copying everything off of the DVR+ hard drive just to make sure I have everything backed up first.

I am confused though, I can't see how to attach a non-picture file. This forum tells me that the file type is not allowed to be attached.

Also, what would happen if I deleted the REI file and its corresponding .BAK file? Would the DVR+ create a new one when I plug the HD back into the DVR+?

P.S. I need to apologize for not fully reading the instructions for the ZIP files. I HATE it when people don't read my e-mails or instructions fully and then ask questions so I feel like an idiot for doing that to you. My sincerest.....

Last edited by SeattleSounder; 07-05-2020 at 05:01 PM.
post #576 of 577 Old 07-05-2020, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSounder View Post
Let me play around with some things for a bit and I'll get back to you. I'm in the middle of manually copying everything off of the DVR+ hard drive just to make sure I have everything backed up first.

I am confused though, I can't see how to attach a non-picture file. This forum tells me that the file type is not allowed to be attached.

Also, what would happen if I deleted the REI file and its corresponding .BAK file? Would the DVR+ create a new one when I plug the HD back into the DVR+?

P.S. I need to apologize for not fully reading the instructions for the ZIP files. I HATE it when people don't read my e-mails or instructions fully and then ask questions so I feel like an idiot for doing that to you. My sincerest.....
Don't worry about it. It's easy to miss that particular something, and it really shouldn't be necessary anyway! But a similar thing probably caught you again! The forum only allows a few file types, which is why I had to rename those files anyway. If you read closely in the forum, where you manage your attachments, it says "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip". Is that's what's causing your problem?

I don't remember for certain, but I seriously doubt the DVR+ can recreate the REI file if missing the bak file because its data is no where else. You could try renaming the REI something else, then the bak to just REI, and give that a try. Maybe the bak is ok? But I'd try DVR+ Lister 15.7.3.1 first!
post #577 of 577 Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

That's good suggestion to rename REI bak file! But do copy both to your PC first.

So to attach your REI and its BAK, just create a ZIP file with both and upload it here.
pachinko likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page