Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Apologies for cross posting, but I have an issue covering multiple platforms. I’m planning on changing from Verizon FiOS to Optimum by Altice for TV, Internet, and Phone, and I wanted to address some concerns before pulling the trigger.
1. I have several TiVo Bolts and a Premiere box that require cable cards. I remember the original Cablevision Cable Cards were single stream and did not always mate well with TiVo. Has Altice/Optimum improved those cards?
2. On a related topic, has anyone had experience changing cards from Verizon to Altice/Optimum? Do you have any tips to make the provisioning go easier?
3. When I change service providers on the TiVo’s, will the season passes (SPs) update to record on the correct channel, or will I need to manually update each one? I know when I’ve moved SPs from my OTA to Cable Bolt, they have correctly selected ABC/CBS, etc.. but I haven’t changed actual video providers since TiVo stated allowing SP transfers.
4. I had Optimum Online several years ago, and the speed dropped significantly at night. I’ve heard from some neighbors that this is no longer an issue now that Altice/Optimum added more nodes to our neighborhood. Is there a site that I could get true network performance for a specific area?
5. I currently use a Google Wi-Fi Mesh system for my routing and wireless coverage. Has anyone had issues using the Google system with Altice/Optimum?
6. I eventually plan on purchasing my own modem to reduce my monthly charges. In addition to the Google system, I also have 2 phone numbers for the house. What modem(s) work with Altice/Optimum, Google Wi-Fi and are capable of handling 2 separate phone lines?
7. Does Altice/Optimum have single sign-on with Apple TV?
8. Do any networks not allow Apple TV access with Altice/Optimum?