Magnavox MDR535H connection Direct TV ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-14-2017, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Magnavox MDR535H connection Direct TV ?

Having a problem wiring in all My components ,as I can't get the 1 St. leg to couple up !.

Components : Magnavox MDR 535H DVR unit , Panasonic VHS /DVD PV 4744A , LG BO390 BluRay Sony DVP NS425P , Onkyo 7.1 HT R667 surround sound and an Old Onkyo TX4500 Stereo receiver coupled up to a Technics Strobe turntable .

"Problem is Direct TV box " !! : #1 antenna or Network SWM, #1 HDMI , 1# 10 pin A/V out USB out and single jack Digital audio out .

The MDR535H either requires antenna signal in via antenna or A/V # 10 pin conversion to # 3 RCA jack connection then onto the TV .

Well something is South of Rotten , because I have New cables and Old cables and have jury rigged every which way but the trash can and still NO signal from the Direct Box too My MDR 535H !??

ANYONE : Suggestions most appreciative ?
An Yes MY components all function except the Technics turntable . Something happened during it's move and the dampening lift bar won't lower the tone arm onto a record ?. It runs and strobe shows it's timed properly but just WON'T drop the lift bar . Thanks in advance an FYI : As soon as the contract is up on Direct it's HISTORY !!. IT'S THE MOST WORTHLESS BLACKMAIL " SCAM " IN HISTORY !!!...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-14-2017, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2272 Post(s)
Liked: 1395
Do you have the HDMI out of the Direct TV box connected to something (i.e. to AVR or HDTV)?
Many/most cable/sat boxes disable the analog outputs if the HDMI is active.

If you do, try disconnecting the HDMI and see if that activates our analog output.
No way to fix it if that is the case but at least you will know the story.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3 of 4 Old 10-15-2017, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
Do you have the HDMI out of the Direct TV box connected to something (i.e. to AVR or HDTV)?
Many/most cable/sat boxes disable the analog outputs if the HDMI is active.

If you do, try disconnecting the HDMI and see if that activates our analog output.
No way to fix it if that is the case but at least you will know the story.
Yes I did ,then disconnected it from Samsung monitor . The problem seems to be NO signal from Direct box , into My Magnavox MDR 535H DVR unit and I can't for the life of Me understand WHY ? . As I stated Direct box has but

#1 antenna or Network SWM, IN , All the others are out #1 HDMI , 1# 10 pin A/V USB and single jack Digital audio . An of course their power jack IN for stepped voltage .

I'm gonna give it another whirl today but can hardly see where it will get Me ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-04-2017, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

OK found a Major glitch , dang Direct TV Genie box was Defective as in NO signal out . They sent a replacement but MY problem remains .

HOW to get the Direct TV Genie box signal into the Magnavox MDR 535H DVR ?. Someone has too Know !.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page