Note: This is the pre-release thread which (as it's mostly conjecture), has been replaced by the official owner's thread found here:
On 3/11/2018, AVS Forum member kent2174 was the first to announce he received the Stream+ via USPS! Congrats Kent! As stated above, this thread is now locked.
Is the January 2018 Channel Master STREAM+ (ProductID: CM-7600
) going to replace the DVR+?
CM is currently teasing us on their facebook page.
On December 18, 2017, CM made their STREAM+ web page
accessible (Stream+ Media Player Description, Specs & Ordering HERE
). Pre-orders are being taken at a $99 introductory offer,
for delivery at the end of January 2018
. CM hasn't said what the final price will be, but it's speculated to be $150.
On February 28, 2018, CM informed early pre-order customers that the Stream+ is in their store waiting for approval by Google on the software before the units ship to customers. See additional information by AVS Forum Members @edit4ever
and @wiscojim HERE
Around February 9, 2018, CM posted the normal price for the Stream+ will be $149 (a pre-order was $99). The Pre-Order note was changed as well as follows. No mention if pre-orders prior to January 4 are being shipped.
Pre-orders placed after January 4th, 2018, will ship in the month of April 2018.
On February 1, 2018, CM delayed delivery of pre-orders prior to January 5, 2018 yet again. After January 4th orders are now shipped sometime in April, instead of by end of April. Below is what CM says
Special introductory price. Pre-order now. If you placed a pre-order prior to January 5th, 2018, your Stream+ will
ship late February. Pre-orders placed after January 4th, 2018, will ship in the month of April 2018.
Around January 7, 2018, CM updated the pre-order offer on the Stream+ web page
, delaying the delivery date. Below is what CM says:
Special introductory price. Pre-order now. If you have already placed a pre-order, your Stream+ will
ship by mid-February. If you are pre-ordering today, your Stream+ will ship by the end of April.
Please note that this thread was created months before the release of the Channel Master Stream+. It contains a great deal of speculation, and you should expect nothing more at least until the Steam+ is released (approximately late January 2018), and in the hands of users.
- Out of the box industrial design
- Android TV certified
- OTT and Live TV services with optional Broadcast TV services
- 4K Ultra HD: HEVC/VP9 Ultra HD 2160p/60 video
- Wireless Connectivity: Dual band IEEE 802.11n 2.4 GHz (2x2) and IEEE 802.11ac 5 GHz (2x2) interfaces
- Media sharing functions using a USB 3.0 port for plugging of HDD
- Enhanced user experience with 3D graphics
- Future-proof quad core CPU ready for gaming services
- Bluetooth Low Energy remote with voice control
- DVR Storage: Currently only to a single SD Card. USB HDD storage NOT YET AVAILABLE, but CM stated it's being worked on, but not promised. Might be "adoptable storage", limiting what can be done with recordings.
- 4K, HDR and 3D viewing technology
- Integrated Voice Search
- Two internal ATSC 1.0 tuners
- Works with all TV antennas
- Pause, rewind and record live TV*
- Watch one live program while recording another
- Record two live programs at the same time while watching a recorded program or using a streaming service
- Certified Android™ TV 7.0 Nougat
- Google™ Play store access for streaming services, games and more
- Built in Google™ Cast (Chromecast) functionality
- Subscription-free Live Channels program guide
- Subscription-free Live Channels DVR
- Quad-Core processor for high end gaming and running simultaneous apps
- Built in 802.11ac WiFi (Dual Band) and Ethernet
- Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital+ audio support
- MicroSD slot for DVR storage, up to 512GB (U3 MicroSD card required for DVR capability), with USB storage support coming soon)
- RF Port (ATSC 1.0 Dual Tuner)
- HDMI Port (2.0 with HDCP 2.2)
- Optical Audio Port (SPDIF)
- USB Port ( USB3.0)
- Ethernet Port (10/100BaseT)
- MicroSD Port (U3 Required for DVR Capability)
- Wireless 2.4 Ghz /5 GHZ WiFi Dual Band 802.11ac
- Bluetooth 4.1
FCC ID G95-CM-7600 (dated 2018/02/210): https://fccid.io/G95-CM-7600
Channel Master Stream+ web page
Channel Master Stream+ web Support page
(first noticed 2/23/2018). On 2/23/2018 there were 7 support items. FYI, access to the support pages is hiding on most CM web pages under an icon (the 3 stacked horizontal bars) in the upper left of the web page. Click it to open the side bar, click SUPPORT, then select the Stream+ button. On 3/6/2018, the Stream+ web Support page
contained 26 items, including chapters 1 thru 7 from the CM YouTube video (linked below).
Channel Master Stream+ 7600 Spec Sheet
(PDF) (2/22/2018). This is a later version of the Spec Sheet from 1/9/2018 (see link below), which appears to only change the Speed Class of the Micro SD card to U3. For some reason the model number dropped "CM-" (perhaps a typo).
Channel Master Stream+ User Guide Complete - Chapters 1-7
video on YouTube (26 minutes 32 seconds) (2/1/2018):
Channel Master Stream+ CM-7600 Spec Sheet
(PDF) (1/9/2018) (outdated on 2/22/2018 - see link above)
at CES2018 on Stream+ and SMARTenna+ (1/20/2018):
(This new streaming box does something you wish your Apple TV did) (1/10/2018)
(Channel Master's Stream+ is an Android TV box with a built-in TV tuner, but no Netflix) (12/19/2017)
(The new Channel Master Stream+ Android DVR can be yours for $99) suspect $150 after pre-orders) (12/18/2017)
Zats Not Funny
(Channel Master Preps OTA Android TV Streamer) (11/22/2017)
(Channel Master is Building a New Streaming Player With OTA DVR Built In) (11/22/2017)
The pic on the left is the TIMvision unit
CM's Stream+ remote looks different.
The 2 pics on the right are from CM Stream+ web page
Some internal pics: