AirTV networked OTA tuner - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 58Likes

post #181 of 186 Old 10-01-2019, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Had a bit of a scare with my AirTV setup today.

I used the Roku app to look at my recordings, and chose one to watch. When I selected it, there was a very long delay, followed by some kind of "timeout" error message accessing the AirTV. I pressed Exit, and it went back to the initial screen - but all my recordings were gone!

I exited the app and restarted, and this time it acted as if I'd never even set the AirTV up for recording! Not only were the recordings gone but the HDD was gone, and it didn't even say "USB disconnected!"

Starting to panic, I went to the AirTV, turned off the HDD enclosure, waited a few seconds, and turned it back on. Then I tried the Roku app again. Luckily, this time it worked. My recordings were back and this time I was able to watch the one I wanted to.

OK; so, if this happens to anyone else, that's the thing to try: exit the app, then turn off the HDD, give it a few seconds, and turn it back on. Then try the app again.

But the AirTV's DVR sure seems "brittle" - easily broken by nothing in particular. I've been using it as a tertiary backup, in case a DTVPal and DVR+ both fail (believe it or not, that has happened at least once), but I don't yet feel confident enough to move it up to primary or even secondary status.

The AirTV's a nice device, Echostar, but you still need to work on it. Folks aren't gonna be happy with a DVR that appears to lose all their recordings if some obscure error happens.
Hello everyone:

I bought the Air TV box to record over the air channels and and had to use the Sling TV app. Since I bought the Air TV box a few weeks ago, the Sling TV app never worked correctly and I could not record any shows. I called Air TV and they informed me that the Air TV app was discontinued on September 26th. The Sling TV app was updated - apparently the recording bugs were fixed - so you can use it to watch and record over the air channel easier than in the previous version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 186 Old 10-07-2019, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by alg2468 View Post
Hello everyone:...The Sling TV app was updated - apparently the recording bugs were fixed - so you can use it to watch and record over the air channel easier than in the previous version.
I have the Sling app on my Rokus. Has the app been automatically updated or do I have to delete it and re-download it?

Indirectly Outta Compton
post #183 of 186 Old 10-08-2019, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 2868 Post(s)
Liked: 1395
No need to delete and reinstall. Roku updates your apps automatically, and IIRC there's also a menu option to check for updated apps manually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 186 Old 12-06-2019, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Anyone here tried the new AirTV2? I did for a few weeks now but I still had issues with buffering and returned it.
post #185 of 186 Old 12-07-2019, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Talking 3 year Update using AirTV and Sling Streaming

Hi All
I just figured being one of the original folks who went with the AirTV Player and SlingTV streaming I'd update after 3 years of use.
I still have he original AirTV Box, remote and OTA USB Tuner.
I have the $25 SlingTV package (DW wants a few HGTv Channels) is all we need and living in Phoenix AZ I get so many OTA stations its crazy.

The AirTV box has a few firmware and software updates and has evolved into a solid performer for us.
We do have a good high speed wifi router and IPS with a general speed of 120MBps Down and 10Mbps Up
I use my wifi network heavily and have little or no issues with my AirTV box or Sling services.
Did we do the right thing from cutting our cord? You bet ya and saved lots of $$$$'s

I looked at the additional whole house box AirTV has and decided I don't need it as the original box is doing what we want.
I do have a Roku plugged into the bedroom TV and still use Sling Streaming on it and the also have the local OTA Antenna hooked up so I get all.

The AirTV / Sling menu is great and it easily merges the OTA and streaming channels together in a nice menu package.
This was one of the main reason I went with AirTV box as it merges all the channels together in a easy to read, find and select one menu on the screen.

So if anyone has any questions ask away.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Iggy
fshagan likes this.
post #186 of 186 Old 12-08-2019, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 39
AirTV Networked OTA Tuner

Is the original Air TV going out of production? My Micro Center in Saint Louis Park MN has listed it as sold out for quite a while now.

I checked the Best Buy webpage and they listed that it is no longer available in new condition.

Their own website shows that it is currently out of stock.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...ng-media-airtv (SKU:716498/Mfr Part #:214877/UPC:753960015477)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/airtv-o...?skuId=6311214 (Model:214877/SKU:6311214)

https://www.airtv.net/products/airtv/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
9-701 error , airtv , Ota , slingtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page