Official Channel Master Stream+ Owner's Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 689Likes

post #451 of 2077 Old 03-24-2018, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtronic View Post
Thanks Valyard ! so you have this DVR and succesfuly use keyboard ?
i have a "Smart TV" without keyboard support and told myself never ever again...

did the voice recognition work good enough so we could even spare the keyboard ?
I have also paired a keyboard. Problem is voice search is primary method, so it takes some steps to exit voice to use the keyboard. Not very convenient.

I posted my overall opinion earlier which is mostly negative. I would not recommend the Stream+ to anybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 2077 Old 03-24-2018, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2226 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
IIRC it was reported that if you unpair your remote from your Stream+, thus disabling Bluetooth, the remote works in IR mode. Of course you lose voice, but you can then teach your remote to another learning remote such as a Harmony, and then pair your Stream+ remote again. You can then use your Stream+ remote for voice and your Harmony as an ordinary IR remote.
Thank you.
After reading your post, I looked and was able to find the Stream+ in the Harmony device data base, rather easily.
It is listed in Device Search under:
Manufacturer = Channel Master; Device Model Number = CM-7600.

The Stream+ displays as: Channel Master DVR [Channel Master CM-7600]
For comparison, the DVR+ displays as: Channel Master DVR [Channel Master CM-7500]
So, as long as the IR receiver is active, a Harmony remote will control it.

As far as the Stream+ goes, my interest is entirely in the capabilities of the Plex client app, running on the Stream+'s quad-core game-class processor -- Live Channels/DVR is irrelevant. @fshagan has already shown it will Direct Play a DVD MKV rip. I'm waiting to see what it will do with a full bitrate BD rip. Currently only the nVidia Shield's Plex client will Direct Play a full bitrate BD rip with HD audio, but the current Shield is exclusively Blutooth and requires the addition of a $25 FLIRC for IR -- on top of the $200 price-tag -- and it's not clear how to get a Harmony remote programmed for that. If it turns out the Stream+ can Direct play a full bitrate BD rip with HD audio, I'll buy one -- when they go on sale for $99 after you guys finish trashing it.
pachinko and Valyard like this.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #453 of 2077 Old 03-24-2018, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaye View Post
I do not own a Stream+ and I operate a Linux based computer. I used Linux software to look at the stream.zip and stream2.zip program files uploaded by Arbegas. Poster criggs gave a method of muxing the audio and video files which took multiple, time-consuming steps and purchased software. I was able to start my software, load the files, save the *.ts based mpg file and close the software for the stream.zip recording in 1 minute 9 seconds using a single program.
The program used in this trial was avidemux. It is a free video editing software program. I used version series 2.5 which is frame based. Starting with version 2.6 it was to go to time based - this is to help with damaged files. To use, simply open the video file in the program. Using the audio menu (top menu bar) select main track and external AC3 file - then browse for the audio file. Video setting is COPY and audio setting is COPY. Select MPEG-TS (A+V) as the format for the saved file. Then click the save button to create your *.ts final file.
I'm just confirming the work you did using Avidemux in Linux to port a Stream+ recording to a computer (another step forward), but I'm doing your procedure in Windows 10 x64. I used the sample "16227dcc99a_" series of files from Arbegas. Thanks again @arbegas !

1. Using Avidemux 2.5.0, the results were nearly identical to what you've described, with that "glitch" lasting 11 seconds, beginning at 16 seconds. We definitely need to know if that occurs in the original file on the Stream+. More short sample files by an owner would be very welcome!!!

No luck using later versions of Avidemux (see item 2 after the spoiler).

Using screenshots from Avidemux 2.5.0, I've documented the steps that you've outlined. Since there are a bunch of images, those interested can open the Spoiler.

Spoiler!

2. Avidemux 2.6.8 and 2.7.0 both refused to open the video "chunk" file with the following message:

3. Where to obtain various versions of Avidemux for Windows (and other OS for 2.6 and 2.7):

Avidemux v2.7.0

Avidemux v2.6.(18 thru 20)

Avidemux v2.5.6

Avidemux v2.5.0
kaye likes this.

Last edited by pachinko; 03-24-2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Added links to Avidemux
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 2077 Old 03-24-2018, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 24
i dont use stream + since that recordings. what kind of recording you need? i can do some more.
also i can record stream + playing recordings.

for what i remember when i play those files i think is same issue the one that you talk 16-15 seconds.
also sometimes changing channels its get slow video like it was too heavy reproduce it, i remember see that on pc when you put HD videos with a old video card. or old computer

i think the cure for this pain in the as* its one tool that can process those files with just one click in pc.
post #455 of 2077 Old 03-24-2018, 11:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 489
About the "glitch" again - there are normal frames at beginning of the pulled files [.chunk];
a) using any ES stream analyzing program will tell you that,
b) reading IDX2 items will provide you 1st pointer to zero offset of the chunk files.
Structures of S+ meta files posted here not that long time ago, just use it for your research.
post #456 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyard View Post
Not sure what you are relating this to, but I know who Technicolor was long before Stream +/Skipper. I watch Bloomberg Business News and when they purchased Cisco I said Hey that's made in Technolocolr,....

THIS SITE is the 0.01% which will probably know who / what Technicolor was/is.

Going to AVERAGE JANES, BZZT! Wahawahahaha.. no departing gifts. I proved that. Yeah its not truly scientific with a broad base, etc... but if the audience of streamers don't know who CM is they don't know who TC is either. Let alone the history of Thomson.

Maybe if you find some one about 50+ they might remember that Technicolor was the big deal when color films started to show. MAYBE. They have no clue of what Thomson aka Technicolor owns now. Nor do they probably care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyard View Post
Besides do you really think Stream+ is going to be on an end rack at Skankmart, or Target any time soon?
If CM wants to sell this as a streaming box, in the vein of various junk like rokus, fire etc.. Then getting them to MASS RETAILERS would behove them.

The local Tarjay has a whole shelf full of those abominable roku thingys. I am curious as to where the TC version of this thing is sold? Tesco (Really this place needs to change names, since this is a major RF supplier for me ), ASDA, Aldi, Lidl's etc.. If that is the case, then CM doing the same in the US would be likely.

Aiming this at the users here, is an EPIC FAIL. EPIC! The flames are getting bigger daily from what I can see here. Look at this thread features the are clearly needed for something that "streams" ie: netflix, hulu, sling, etc.. are missing. Then again aiming at this crowd its going to look at certain other features ie: all those 99.9999999 sound setups etc.. Which it fails at be it bug or total non support to start.

You are either probably at the extreme end of this in looking for DVR features with some streaming added in, ie: me, or at the extreme end of wanting streaming features with some DVR stuff thrown in to fill in the mix.

At this point the device doesn't fit either, nor does it find a middle ground even. Yeah its an initial release. I'd call it a failure.

Even at $99 I would consider that a waste, yes, I probably, no do waste that a week at times on junk. I hit the dump cart button, after seeing the shape of the thing. Where in the blazes do I put that thing in the rack and it not be a nuisance???

The fact that TWO $30 ViewAT's a couple USB sticks from Tarjay work BETTER than this thing, hilarious! Yes the mStar ViewTV's have foibles I dislike like scheduling nuisances, ie: no Mo-Fr, Sa-Su. BUT The fact they work, and I've got a line of a USB interface that might just let me slurp out the stuff via LAN to play on my main Android box would be a plus.
mdavej likes this.

Notice: I no longer provide assistance in re OTA antenna and RF related queries.
post #457 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampBayOTA View Post

The fact that TWO $30 ViewAT's a couple USB sticks from Tarjay work BETTER than this thing, hilarious! Yes the mStar ViewTV's have foibles I dislike like scheduling nuisances, ie: no Mo-Fr, Sa-Su. BUT The fact they work, and I've got a line of a USB interface that might just let me slurp out the stuff via LAN to play on my main Android box would be a plus.

Translation please? I searched a couple of the terms above and really could not find much relevant to Android TV, the Stream+, or similar items. One seemed to be about OTA antennas and another about analog to digital converters. Tarjay=Target? I did figure out Mo-Fr, Sa-Su.
post #458 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
A

For the Stream+ to be a financial success, it does need to hit big box retail. Obviously Channel Master has plans for that.
The hurdle I see about retail, is Wholesalers accept returns for defective merchandise, but retailers take the hit for "Customer Satisfaction".
In this issue, in general, the complaints from Stream+ customers sound like "Customer Satisfaction" and not defective merchandise. They are including a notice in the packaging about Not dealing with retailers about problems, to contact Channel Master support.

So far Channel Master support says their hardware is 100% , contact Google or others.

If I was the buyer at a local Micro Center, Best Buy, I would be very careful about selling Stream+.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	2380222  
post #459 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
I do have one question on the stream files - is the "glitch" seen only in the extracted files or is it also present in the playback of the original files on the stream+ unit?
This was a painfully obvious question which I too asked Arbegas. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Arbegas has yet to answer it; not sure why. Perhaps he just missed it. Which means, perhaps, that he will note the question this time and give an answer to it.

Edit: I posted this message in response to Kaye before I realized Arbegas had now answered this question, I believe. He appears to have given us the (to me somewhat surprising) answer that he see the glitch even when playing back the file in its native Stream+ environment; curious.

Quote:
I used Linux software to look at the stream.zip and stream2.zip program files uploaded by Arbegas. Poster criggs gave a method of muxing the audio and video files which took multiple, time-consuming steps and purchased software. I was able to start my software, load the files, save the *.ts based mpg file and close the software for the stream.zip recording in 1 minute 9 seconds using a single program...All muxed files were successfully played by more recent versions of VLC, with the elapsed time and total time information correct...The closed captioning data was viewable in VLC...The program used in this trial was avidemux. It is a free video editing software program...To use, simply open the video file in the program. Using the audio menu (top menu bar) select main track and external AC3 file - then browse for the audio file. Video setting is COPY and audio setting is COPY. Select MPEG-TS (A+V) as the format for the saved file. Then click the save button to create your *.ts final file.
This is fabulous!!! Thank you so much! This is exactly what I meant in my previous posting when I expressed the hope that someone would build on my efforts and improve on them, and you certainly appear to have done that!

And, in quite a coincidence, I actually have and use avidemux. It never occurred to me to see if it could help me with this process, so hat's off to you.

At the same time, now that I've pretty made up my mind I will not be getting the Stream+ (I'm happier with my current DVR+/Fire TV combo), I probably won't attempt to duplicate your efforts. But it's nice to know that we now have this procedure ready in case CM makes Stream+ ready for prime time.

Last edited by criggs; 03-25-2018 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Additional information
post #460 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Exclamation no such glitch exist in S+

Quote:
I do have one question on the stream files - is the "glitch" seen only in the extracted files or is it also present in the playback of the original files on the stream+ unit?

There is no glitch, the files are in a sync between IDX2 files and .chunk files.
You are using a method(s) off normal way of S+ software, without pulling System info and no parsing IDX2 data.

Last edited by P Smith; 03-25-2018 at 10:23 PM. Reason: .chunk !
post #461 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbegas View Post
i think the cure for this pain in the as* its one tool that can process those files with just one click in pc.
On the file menu of the avidemux program is a project listing and note that it accepts a scripting language. Though I am not familiar with it, that would appear to allow automation of the steps.

Once again, since it was originally a command line driven program, that function also may exist and allow the creation of a simple batch processing file.

The real effort will be if the video/audio sync continues to be an issue.
post #462 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
There is no glitch, the files are in a sync between IDX2 files and .chink files.
You are using a method(s) off normal way of S+ software, without pulling System info and no parsing IDX2 data.
Very true while at the same time also very wrong. The IDX2 files may be important - but if the audio and video files are constant rate, there is no need to have an external sync source. Second stream source file is of this type. If they will vary independently (first stream commercial break possibly) then the IDX2 files will be needed.

Moreover, using a very limited data set of 2, the glitch occurs at exactly the same time - curiously coincidental...

To further investigate that "glitch" would require a sample source that has been both viewed on the Stream+ and saved/converted to PC use. Valyard reports multiple recordings with no apparent problems - I assume no glitch. But they do not appear to have been extracted to a PC. Arbegas sample files show a glitch but are not directly traceable to the Stream+ viewing experience except thru recollection.

May I offer a hypothesis to the glitch issue. If a USB hard drive is in use for the recording, some hard drives will have energy saving or "sleep" mode. The drive may spin up after a buffer is full and a write is needed. The electrical drain and electrical interference could provide momentary problems in the recording. A simple test would be to record two programs immediately in a row, or a second program while a first one is already recording. The second program would be the crucial one. It would be recorded while the hard drive is definitely spinning. If the first is glitch and the second is not - hardware issue.

If the above test shows glitch/no glitch then a simple confirming test would be to replace the hard drive with a small, cheap flash drive which will not spin up and record a program segment on it.

As for me, I am sticking with my DVR+........
post #463 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtronic View Post
Thanks Valyard ! so you have this DVR and succesfuly use keyboard ?
i have a "Smart TV" without keyboard support and told myself never ever again...

did the voice recognition work good enough so we could even spare the keyboard ?

hummm i realize we are beta tester ?

thanks for your official post...i wish you could update your first post with all important suggestion + PRO & CON !
people will not read 20 pages to learn if its good or not...
I have thick European accent, my wife also, no voice recognition has ever worked well for us.

The Moderator created this thread, and moved over posts from our Speculation Thread. The member who posted that he received his first was the unknowingly placed at the beginning of the Owners thread. There has been discussion of selecting an member with time on his hands to keep a log of issues etc.
post #464 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
i dont use stream + since that recordings. what kind of recording you need? i can do some more.
also i can record stream + playing recordings.

for what i remember when i play those files i think is same issue the one that you talk 16-15 seconds.
also sometimes changing channels its get slow video like it was too heavy reproduce it, i remember see that on pc when you put HD videos with a old video card. or old computer

I agree 100%. Having a one click tool is definitely what is needed. Lacking that, very few folks will bother archiving recordings from the Stream+. That is precisely what a couple of members are trying to do, and things are in the very early stages. Unfortunately, those attempting this do not have a Stream+ or they would be providing their own recordings. I think what would be beneficial at this time are:
1. A couple more short "Fair Use" sample recordings that have no "glitches" when played on the Stream+. No video freezes or pixelations, and audio in sync with the video for the entire length of the sample recording, including after a commercial. As kaye suggests in another post, make these recordings soon after a recording finishes, in order to eliminate a spin up issue on the disk if coming out or standby mode.

2. Include all associated files (the chunk, idx2, meta files, and any other files we may not have seen yet). The chunk and idx2 files should have filenames similar to the filename of the video chunk files (the "_0_" chunk file), but the "meta" files likely pertain to all recordings.
Quote:
About the "glitch" again - there are normal frames at beginning of the pulled files [.chunk];
a) using any ES stream analyzing program will tell you that,
b) reading IDX2 items will provide you 1st pointer to zero offset of the chunk files.
Structures of S+ meta files posted here not that long time ago, just use it for your research.
For the record, and as you know, I do not have the skills for this type of analysis, nor the skills to apply the results! At the moment, I think you may be the only one. Others are using whatever skills they have in the early hunt for a solution, and I am grateful even though I still have no plans to purchase a Stream+. I wish you would at least appreciate whatever they contribute.

It's good to see that you, at least somewhat, accept the word "glitch" for the anomaly at 16 seconds! ... OOPS! That didn't last long! I see in a post that follows that you're harping on that word once again. BTW, you have a typo in that post (chink should be chunk).
post #465 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by criggs View Post
This was a painfully obvious question which I too asked Arbegas. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Arbegas has yet to answer it; not sure why. Perhaps he just missed it. Which means, perhaps, that he will note the question this time and give an answer to it.

Edit: I posted this message in response to Kaye before I realized Arbegas had now answered this question, I believe. He appears to have given us the (to me somewhat surprising) answer that he see the glitch even when playing back the file in its native Stream+ environment; curious.

my friend if you ask me directly i can answer that question. i never see that. also keep in mind i lost interest in crappy box for now. its getting dust in one corner next to my tv.

ok, i upload some that i call stream + in action, its maybe little boring, but it shows playing live channels , you will see how long it takes tunning one channel, also my try to reproduce recorded tv shows, for some reason im not able to reproduce you will see me trying with several not dice, the guide until last day availability [just 2 days like everybody already know] , and what appears in channel master icon [we suppose i want suppose some kind of dvr option that fix troubles that we getting now]

im using a 64gb microsd card class 10 U3 samsung.

Last edited by arbegas; 03-25-2018 at 06:10 PM.
post #466 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I'm increasing my initial C- review to a B-

I picked up a 64gb u3 rated card and my dvr is now finally working! Though the card I was using was high-speed, it was u1. Interesting it made such a difference that it stopped any recordings. I then figured out how to hide the unwanted QVC / HSN type channels (OK >Settings ) and now only have wanted channels listed.

Plex is installed and running. If they OK Amazon and Netflix, we may get into B+ territory

PS - Anyone know what happens when the sd card is full, does it stop recording or overwrite the oldest file?
post #467 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH64 View Post
I'm increasing my initial C- review to a B-

I picked up a 64gb u3 rated card and my dvr is now finally working! Though the card I was using was high-speed, it was u1. Interesting it made such a difference that it stopped any recordings. I then figured out how to hide the unwanted QVC / HSN type channels (OK >Settings ) and now only have wanted channels listed.

Plex is installed and running. If they OK Amazon and Netflix, we may get into B+ territory

PS - Anyone know what happens when the sd card is full, does it stop recording or overwrite the oldest file?
I believe Channel Master recommended a class 10 u3 card for the stream Plus just letting you know
post #468 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 06:05 PM

i found just other issue.............. i did a scan with a desk antenna. now i plug one that i have in roof of my home, its scans more channels , but after process its done its not memorizing those new channels i have two options when i setup channels, one with my zipcode and without both options give me same result , so i guess i need do a hard reset.

also i have in my pc quadhd and hvr 2250 , i getting more channels with hvr 2250 if i compare stream + both are dual tuners, im lossing 22.1, 34.1,38.1- 38.2-----38.4, 54.1 , same antenna connection.
post #469 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
i found just other issue.............. i did a scan with a desk antenna. now i plug one that i have in roof of my home, its scans more channels , but after process its done its not memorizing those new channels i have two options when i setup channels, one with my zipcode and without both options give me same result , so i guess i need do a hard reset.

also i have in my pc quadhd and hvr 2250 , i getting more channels with hvr 2250 if i compare stream + both are dual tuners, im lossing 22.1, 34.1,38.1- 38.2-----38.4, 54.1 , same antenna connection.
I found that after performing a second scan any newly found channels were 'deselected' (hidden) in the channel list. Try, while viewing a live channel, click OK > Settings and see if you can add the channels in - I could.
post #470 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
my friend if you ask me directly i can answer that question. i never see that. also keep in mind i lost interest in crappy box for now. its getting dust in one corner next to my tv.

ok, i upload some that i call stream + in action, its maybe little boring, but it shows playing live channels , you will see how long it takes tunning one channel, also my try to reproduce recorded tv shows, for some reason im not able to reproduce you will see me trying with several not dice, the guide until last day availability [just 2 days like everybody already know] , and what appears in channel master icon [we suppose i want suppose some kind of dvr option that fix troubles that we getting
It's not a big deal, and isn't effecting what you are hoping to accomplish, but,
are you not connected to Internet? None of the recordings in your DVR have been populated with placeholders etc.

My scheduled and completed recordings have placeholders with episode details
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	2380492  
post #471 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 06:20 PM

Anyone know what happens when the sd card is full, does it stop recording or overwrite the oldest file?

Thanks!
post #472 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I found that after performing a second scan any newly found channels were 'deselected' (hidden) in the channel list. Try, while viewing a live channel, click OK > Settings and see if you can add the channels in - I could.

thank you i able to add lost channels. anyway im getting less channels if i compare to hvr 2250 [also hvr 2250 share antenna signal with quadhd but stream + get full connection without sharing it] same that i mention before scan dont get those channels. using same cable and same antenna. there its some weak signals channels that dont suppose to happen.

im using one Antennas Direct ClearStream 4V Antenna

yeah i was offline i plug ethernet cable im able to see pics of each recorded shows , still i cant play nothing.

post #473 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
There is no glitch, the files are in a sync between IDX2 files and .chink files.
It appears you're wrong. Earlier today the owner of those files, Arbegas reported "for what i remember when i play those files i think is same issue the one that you talk 16-15 seconds." Which means there is probably no way to clean up the glitch.
post #474 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 09:50 PM

ok i uploaded another file this time a programmed recording, other files that i uploaded before i stop recording manually, this time i let automatized recording finish job. [large file HD 0.75 Gb]

what i cant understand where other recordings go i cant see those , maybe i deleted but i dont remember do that, i cant play them because there its not longer such recordings in recording folder.

also video shows recorded file played in stream + for one minute.

Code:
 https://mega.nz/#!VA1xwZ5b!9eJceuvPakgG_zftBG5qTqrHj_S8GwYGV6i_iEBwi0M
pachinko likes this.

Last edited by arbegas; 03-25-2018 at 09:56 PM.
post #475 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 10:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I think he did mix his memory That means no "glitch" in the files

Quote:
Originally Posted by criggs View Post
It appears you're wrong. Earlier today the owner of those files, Arbegas reported "for what i remember when i play those files i think is same issue the one that you talk 16-15 seconds." Which means there is probably no way to clean up the glitch.
post #476 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I think he did mix his memory That means no "glitch" in the files

Not my friend. im not able to see if yes or not because i cant see files anymore. i dont have problem saying im wrong, but thing its i cant see those files anymore.

for what i remember files get trouble in stream + too but playing this recording looks like not.
post #477 of 2077 Old 03-25-2018, 11:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Lets close the page of mental uncertainties.

We will see if other files/recordings will show or not such behavior during processing on PC. My take is posted many times here.

Major question to you, arbegas - will you help to find meta data like a catalog and system info files ?
post #478 of 2077 Old 03-26-2018, 06:53 AM

hmmmmmm - two random reboots last night while watching live channels. Anyone else?
post #479 of 2077 Old 03-26-2018, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
ok i uploaded another file this time a programmed recording, other files that i uploaded before i stop recording manually, this time i let automatized recording finish job. [large file HD 0.75 Gb]
Can you comment on the quality of this recording? Does the video break up now and then? Is the audio in sync with the video, or just a fraction of a second slow?

After processing recording 162600015fe through Avidemux 2.5.0, using the procedure described by kaye, I find the following:

1. The very first second of the video is distorted (this image):

2. The "glitch" is not at the same time, or the same length, as the previous recording (16227dcc99a), but begins at 22 seconds and lasts 8 seconds.

3. There are quite a few places in the recording where the video is distorted briefly, which to me looks like reception issues. Here's an example:

4. The audio for the entire video is slightly out of sync with the video by a fraction of a second, before and after commercials. This is unlike the previous recording (16227dcc99a) where the audio is in perfect sync (even after the "glitch"), but when the commercial starts the audio lags behind the video by several seconds.
post #480 of 2077 Old 03-26-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
This seems to be helpful for me in regards to "out of market" channels. I live in area where I pick up Baltimore DMA, and DC DMA. My brother in law had been using my Stream+ for a few days, and when he returned it, he included a Google quality splitter so I could use my antenna on both my TIVO and Stream+. I was not getting all the previous channels I had on Stream+, but I was tired, and blamed the splitter, ( btw, I didn't do a rescan on TIVO, and all channels good).

After reading your post, I went into settings/Customize channel list/TV Tuner and found 5 DC channels were deselected. Reselecting them brought them back, and in 2 seconds the program data repopulated also.

BTW, if you previously customized Pluto TV, and signed in, or customized after setup here, the Channels you deleted are also deselected in Live Channels. We don't watch Sports, and don't use the Pluto TV music channels, so we had deleted them. If we have a guest over who is interested in Sports, it will be easier to add them in Live Channels, than to log into Pluto tv on iPad and setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page