Official Channel Master Stream+ Owner's Thread - Page 69 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 689Likes

post #2041 of 2077 Old 05-19-2019, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 24
i will check that but i bought it in amazon and selller was amazon prime service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2077 Old 05-19-2019, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I've had Samsung and SanDisk sd cards fail when using as adoptive storage in phones. They aren't robust enough for constant overwrites. In settings, it appears that my SD card has apps and cached data. Samsung 235GB u3. It'll probably fail, but a larger size will overwrite less.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
post #2043 of 2077 Old 05-19-2019, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcleve View Post
I'm generally pleased with our Stream + - I've owned it for about 2 months now. The whole Netflix thing is amazingly silly - I can't even Chromecast Netflix from my phone TO the Channel Master. I rarely watch Netflix anyway, (my wife pays for it mostly for the benefit of our adult children who watch it) so it's not a big loss.
Try sideloading Kodi then the Netflix add-on to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2044 of 2077 Old 05-19-2019, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Interesting - I'll look into that. Thank you for the suggestion
post #2045 of 2077 Old 05-19-2019, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbegas View Post
i will check that but i bought it in amazon and selller was amazon prime service.

"Sold by Amazon" are supposedly OK, but I would still check it. Prime shipping is not a guarantee, as many "fulfilled by Amazon" fakes are eligible for Prime. You can use FakeFlashTest or another utility to see. Typically the utilities wipe the data off the SD card so you lose what is on it.

That being said, I think the flash memory isn't up to the task for DVR recordings anyway. Try a hard drive instead. I couldn't get the Stream+ to power a harddrive and keep it connected; I finally went to a drive enclosure that had a separate power supply and that seems to have done the trick.
post #2046 of 2077 Old 05-21-2019, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I got Kodi installed - now stuck at trying to add Netflix plug in to Kodi. I can't figure out how to download a zip file with the Netflix plug in, and save somewhere on the CM so that I can access with Kodi.
post #2047 of 2077 Old 05-21-2019, 07:07 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcleve View Post
I got Kodi installed - now stuck at trying to add Netflix plug in to Kodi. I can't figure out how to download a zip file with the Netflix plug in, and save somewhere on the CM so that I can access with Kodi.
I haven't done that exactly. But I have installed other files using File Commander from the play store and a cloud drive like Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive. Give that a try. Worst case you could put the zip on microSD or USB.
post #2048 of 2077 Old 05-21-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
"Sold by Amazon" are supposedly OK, but I would still check it. Prime shipping is not a guarantee, as many "fulfilled by Amazon" fakes are eligible for Prime. You can use FakeFlashTest or another utility to see. Typically the utilities wipe the data off the SD card so you lose what is on it.

That being said, I think the flash memory isn't up to the task for DVR recordings anyway. Try a hard drive instead. I couldn't get the Stream+ to power a harddrive and keep it connected; I finally went to a drive enclosure that had a separate power supply and that seems to have done the trick.

my card its genuine i dont run any test because i lost data (and empty test cant because unrecognized system for windows) but physical check its fine. its all from real ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B06XFHQGB9
post #2049 of 2077 Old 05-21-2019, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbegas View Post
my card its genuine i dont run any test because i lost data (and empty test cant because unrecognized system for windows) but physical check its fine. its all from real ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B06XFHQGB9

That card is not sold by Amazon. It is sold by US EcoZone: https://www.screencast.com/t/xUjvqbc8T It could be real, or it could be fake.

Read the 1 star reviews for the reports of fake cards - there are only 38 of them so it's relatively rare. But one sign the card is a fake is that it doesn't work in devices or fills up too fast. Here's the link for the 1 star reviews: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-128GB...ews-filter-bar

It could be real. But the fakes are so common it is extremely likely you have a fake SD card and not a defective Stream+.
post #2050 of 2077 Old 05-21-2019, 09:37 PM

i just bring example of fake vs real from there, i dont buy from them. [ check attachment]

real one comes with some characteristics vs fake one are totally different.

anyway i check my purchase and i bought it from amazon inc [seller]

i dont know what im going to do but option its delete all i guess from the card , i will do a extra test before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SHOT0084.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	2569974  

Last edited by arbegas; 05-21-2019 at 09:41 PM.
post #2051 of 2077 Old 06-07-2019, 06:41 PM

Liked: 0
Has anyone had trouble getting search results for Live Channels .
post #2052 of 2077 Old 06-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaheed View Post

I have never had OTA programs come up in search results. I have tried searching for "Jimmie Kimmel" while on the home screen, while playing an OTA program, and while viewing the guide. Every time it brings up his bio, numerous movies, YouTube videos, and a list of other celebrities Google thinks are similar to Jimmie Kimmel, like Kanye West (?), but never lists his TV show on ABC.
post #2053 of 2077 Old 06-08-2019, 10:37 AM

I got OTA results until the last Live Channels update. When I removed Live Channels updates I was able to get OTA results again. Maybe they will get it right so. Just glad to know I'm not not alone.
post #2054 of 2077 Old 06-08-2019, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Thumbs up

Quote:
I have never had OTA programs come up in search results. I have tried searching for "Jimmie Kimmel" while on the home screen, while playing an OTA program, and while viewing the guide. Every time it brings up his bio, numerous movies, YouTube videos, and a list of other celebrities Google thinks are similar to Jimmie Kimmel, like Kanye West (?), but never lists his TV show on ABC.
I hate it when programs don't leave room for errors. Next time, search for Jimmy Kimmel.
post #2055 of 2077 Old 06-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
I hate it when programs don't leave room for errors. Next time, search for Jimmy Kimmel.

You don't have a Stream+ do you? It's voice search. You cannot enter a text search. See image below for the results. Live Channels shows from OTA do not appear in the search results.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jimmykimmel.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	2577626  
post #2056 of 2077 Old 06-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Before you search look at Settings/Search/Searchable apps to make sure Live Channels is set as searchable. After you do your search go back and see if Live Channels is still checked as searchable (mind wasn't)
post #2057 of 2077 Old 06-08-2019, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 450
[QUOTE=fshagan;58157924]You don't have a Stream+ do you? It's voice search. You cannot enter a text search. See image below for the results. Live Channels shows from OTA do not appear in the search results.[QUOTE]Sorry, I didn't know that. I tried a voice search on my TiVo and this was the result:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...577658&thumb=1

The voice provider is Nuance. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pvDr0nZW65iHjM
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JKL.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	2577658  

Last edited by JoeKustra; 06-08-2019 at 12:51 PM.
post #2058 of 2077 Old 06-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Before you search look at Settings/Search/Searchable apps to make sure Live Channels is set as searchable. After you do your search go back and see if Live Channels is still checked as searchable (mind wasn't)

Live Channels was not selected, but I think I've found a bug.

I selected Live Channels. Backed out to viewing an OTA channel again. Voice searched for Jimmy Kimmel again and got the same non-Live Channel results. Checked the settings again and Live Channels was not selected. Selected it. backed out to the main menu. Viewed the list of apps again, and Live Channels was still selected. Backed out of the sub menu, then the menu back to viewing OTA, and the search didn't work. Went back in and Live Channels was de-selected again.

It is toggling Live Channels off when I exit the main Settings menu.
post #2059 of 2077 Old 06-08-2019, 05:28 PM

Live Channels was not selected, but I think I've found a bug.

I selected Live Channels. Backed out to viewing an OTA channel again. Voice searched for Jimmy Kimmel again and got the same non-Live Channel results. Checked the settings again and Live Channels was not selected. Selected it. backed out to the main menu. Viewed the list of apps again, and Live Channels was still selected. Backed out of the sub menu, then the menu back to viewing OTA, and the search didn't work. Went back in and Live Channels was de-selected again.

It is toggling Live Channels off when I exit the main Settings menu.

What toggels it off is the search, but it only shows that it's off when you back out of searchable apps. I tried it many times and many ways. Try it and you'll see. Now how do we get it fixed?
post #2060 of 2077 Old 06-10-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 18
My patience with the CM Stream+ is about exhausted.

It doesn’t allow you to start watching something you are recording until it’s done. But when we did that last night, it said recording failed and we couldn’t watch any of it (NHL SC Game 6). We had to watch YouTube highlights.

Any suggestions before I drop kick it? And for what I don't know. I don't have any confidence in support after them saying it's Google's fault. Android TV is still a mess IMO, but there doesn't seem to be another choice with this.

How come modern TV's don't have built-in DVR's if they are so "smart"? They have USB ports...
post #2061 of 2077 Old 06-10-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_77 View Post

It doesn’t allow you to start watching something you are recording until it’s done. But when we did that last night, it said recording failed and we couldn’t watch any of it (NHL SC Game 6). We had to watch YouTube highlights.

Any suggestions before I drop kick it? And for what I don't know. I don't have any confidence in support after them saying it's Google's fault. Android TV is still a mess IMO, but there doesn't seem to be another choice with this.

How come modern TV's don't have built-in DVR's if they are so "smart"? They have USB ports...
I'm going to hang on a little longer. Live Channels 1.21 has chase play working on other platforms. CM need to update its tuner for it to work for us. I'm hoping that happens so
post #2062 of 2077 Old 06-10-2019, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:

TVs in other countries have DVR capabilities. I am not sure why. Maybe it is mandated by the government. Maybe too much legal mumbo-jumbo in the U.S

LG's version is called the time machine. You connect an HDD and it becomes active
pilotart likes this.
post #2063 of 2077 Old 06-10-2019, 04:34 PM

While chase play from the DVR menu is not yet active, you can tune to the channel at the beginning of the show, press pause and go eat or play with the dog, come back and press play and even ff thru commercials.

Not sure why the tuner would lock down the file so nothing else can thread to it, but the ball is in cm's court.

post #2064 of 2077 Old 06-10-2019, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Liked: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat55555 View Post
While chase play from the DVR menu is not yet active, you can tune to the channel at the beginning of the show, press pause and go eat or play with the dog, come back and press play and even ff thru commercials.
Interesting. So the Stream+ supports a form of time shifting, just not chase play. I didn't realize that.

Oddly my AirTV BB is the reverse: it supports chase play, but there's no way to pause live TV (other than starting a recording, then chase-playing it).

You'd think it would be easy for manufacturers to get both of these things right. Even an iView can manage that much.
Quote:
I've read that Roku TVs (not standalone Rokus) support time shifting if you plug in a HDD. It's not a full DVR but it's better than nothing.
post #2065 of 2077 Old 06-11-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:

Not sure why the tuner would lock down the file so nothing else can thread to it, but the ball is in cm's court.

However, if you press the back button to get rid of the blue control banner, you exit time shift and lose the buffer. The banner disappears on it's own after a couple of seconds.

If you are watching the same channel that is also being recorded, the recording may fail when you also use pause live TV.

post #2066 of 2077 Old 06-17-2019, 06:10 PM

Noticed another feature, when watching the first of a number of series recordings, when the first episode finishes the next one plays automatically. Good deal for binge watchers, I guess.

post #2067 of 2077 Old 06-18-2019, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Noticed another feature, when watching the first of a number of series recordings, when the first episode finishes the next one plays automatically. Good deal for binge watchers, I guess.
The Stream+ has always done that in DVR mode. I find it a bit annoying, and I would like to be able to set that manually.
Baymavision likes this.

--
Dan Shane
LG 65EF9500 & LG 65UH8500

God gave us two eyes for a reason.
post #2068 of 2077 Old 06-18-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlshane View Post
The Stream+ has always done that in DVR mode. I find it a bit annoying, and I would like to be able to set that manually.
Yea, could be hell if you fall asleep. At least it doesn't auto delete watched recordings.

post #2069 of 2077 Old 06-23-2019, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question

Hello. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I couldn't find exactly where to. I needed some input from owners of this OTA DVR.

I currently have a cheapy ViewTV OTA DVR that serves my needs, but I want something a little better, something more reliable. Had some questions that I couldn't find answers to.

1. Can you start and stop recordings at will? Or can you only set them in advance?

2. When setting a recording in advance, can you edit the times for it to record? From 11:20 AM to 11:45 AM for example? Or does it just record the whole show automatically?

3. Can the recordings/files be accessed with a computer? With my ViewTV, I just disconnect the USB flash drive and I can see the files as MTS files on my PC.

4. Does it work well with USB flash drives? I have a few with fast write speeds that work fantastic on my ViewTV.

Thank you.
post #2070 of 2077 Old 06-23-2019, 11:30 AM

i just get one nvidia shield for 90 in ebay . those are some way priced

also i able to get one wintv hd dual (mine not was working with shield but with one little app from hauppage it get fixed)

same antenna better quality almost 0% drops from wintv dual vs weak tuners from stream +

capacity to detect hard drives in ntsf for all apps its pretty good. vs stream + that have zero support.

only thing that sucks its remote without numbers specifically when you use live channels. i able to connect stream + remote but keep disconnecting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page