I'm using a Comcast cablecard in my Tivo Bolt; No more X1 processing handicaps! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-01-2018, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm using a Comcast cablecard in my Tivo Bolt; No more X1 processing handicaps!

I didn't know exactly which Forum to post this, as AVS seems pretty sensitive about this:but I figured I put this "Out There" & just follow wherever it ends up !

I'm pretty much "stuck" keeping Xfinty/Comcast as my content provider due to their Monopoly of local Sports Teams coverage: Try explaining why you aren't able to get your area's Home teams games to a 94yro with multiple health issues ! While the X1 platform is still a bit difficult for my Dad to navigate , I can quickly find the games he wants to watch. I on the other hand really find the Video Processing on just about any other Programming to be Mediocre (or less) for myself to enjoy on Broadcast HDTV. The last straw for me was finding out the X1 "streaming" had difficulties processing my "On the Fly" Picture Adjustments I would make on my Sony 49X800D Tv ;Long story,short, I have no such problems correcting the 'Bit lessened,Video smoothed' Xfinity Broadcasting using the Tivo (& the recording capabilities are just a 2nd Perk)

So, my curiousity , is this. Is the cable card just a "raw feed" of what the Network's are Broadcasting ? (Regardless of the answer , I'm not interested in "How many more choices" Comcast / Xfinity is offering me ! More is not Better, it's only "More" ! I just though of a new advertisement campaign they can start using........ "Xfinity the best choice for Technophobes ... Because you just want it to be easy (& have More of course)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-04-2018, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newStevea View Post

So, my curiousity , is this. Is the cable card just a "raw feed" of what the Network's are Broadcasting ?
The CableCard has nothing to do with the actual "feed", it's used to control access to the channels you receive depending on the package purchased from Comcast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page