Originally Posted by Roginator5
It sounds like maybe your wifi is fighting to see which to use - the router or direct to the FireTV. (I could be wrong)
This was posted in the FireTV help forum:
"1. Rewind + left direction at the same time for 3 seconds, then release and press the menu button
2. An app will load, It may take a few seconds to load. Try again if not coming up after 10 seconds.
3. When the dialog is displayed, scroll to the bottom of the screen to find the network congestion optimizer checkbox. Uncheck the box to disable."
Originally Posted by JT01
I'm pleased to report you were not wrong. I downloaded the app, turned off network optimization, and everything started working correctly. Many thanks, Roginator5
Originally Posted by dlflannery
Can you please provide a link or directions to find this post or thread on that forum? TIA
EDIT: I found the thread:
And I see that doing this erases some configuration info and could require a reset to factory defaults. !?
BUMP: Very helpful info!
Many thanks to Roginator5, JT01 and dlflannery for posting this question and resolution/link. I'm sure glad I had read this whole thread before purchasing the Recast or I wouldn't have known about this hidden app and setting. (The darn setting should be in the main Network Settings Menu in the first place...
I started having a lot, and I mean A LOT of buffering over the last couple of weeks and I remembered reading about turning off the network optimization "feature"
. Since following these instructions to disable it the performance on my Recast has been very good. So good I can hardly tell any difference between the Recast and my Spectrum cable box.
One thing I'd like to note though. The instructions say to "uncheck" the box next to "Disable Network Optimization". My box was already unchecked so I had to click on it to "check" the box to disable the optimization feature.
Doing so did not erase any configuration info and I did not have to do any kind of reset, just clicked the reconnect button, waited for it to complete and then hit the reboot button. Now everything is great. Channels load faster and start out much clearer than before. It seems the optimize function was spending all it's time trying to figure out which way to go instead of letting the Recast do it's job.
Once again, many thanks to these folks for providing an essential fix for the Recast.