Channel Master Stream+ Incorrect Aspect Ratio - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-03-2020, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Channel Master Stream+ Incorrect Aspect Ratio

Over the past couple of months certain recorded 16:9 widescreen shows are displaying in what appears to be 4:3 aspect ratio. Everything is squeezed into being tall and skinny. It actually appears to be narrower than 4:3. I contacted CM and the guy emailed me back saying "Google changed the way recorded 480i widescreen displays". He said "theres a fix though, just grab your tv remote and change the aspect ratio". Yeh, every time I want to watch a recording of a 480i widescreen show, I have use another remote, and switch it back afterwards. That's bad enough, but the tv's format function doesn't fully widen the image without stretching it.

CM says contact Google. I say, they should contact Google and get this corrected. Anyone else seeing this problem. H&I Network and Quest are two that do this. They look fine live, but recordings are squeezed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-03-2020, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 26
cm fixes its all about contact google.

if its ota via live channels its not too much that you can do i guess.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-03-2020, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2315 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick McGuire View Post
CM says contact Google. I say, they should contact Google and get this corrected.
Unfortunately, the CM Stream+ is only an Android hardware box that runs Android-TV as the OS. The functioning of the applications that provide all the functionality are the province of the app developers -- not CM. As long as the hardware runs as advertised, CM is in the clear. I suspect that is exactly the way CM wants it.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page