Time Warner Cable Navigator - Page 643 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 371Likes

post #19261 of 19494 Old 09-21-2016, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Long time since I posted in this thread, but the TWC Roku App got spectrum'd some time between yesterday and at the time I posted this
and of course now it won't work, but maybe a re-install will fix it
quick edit: release date update shows September 21st.

Time Warner Cable North East Ohio
SA 4250 HDC no more
Cisco 4742 HDC
Let's Go Bucs!

Last edited by shooter21198; 09-21-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19262 of 19494 Old 09-25-2016, 01:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 1208
Yes they are quickly messing up what time warner had!!!!!! (I wonder if time warner could say NO we dont wanna change things)
phildaant likes this.
post #19263 of 19494 Old 09-25-2016, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswms View Post
I'd had enough with my two-tuner DVR. It required me to play games with start/end times; or to watch a third channel "live" - previously directly via the TV, once our division went all-digital, via the little "DTA" converter. So I decided to order a six-tuner "Enhanced" DVR.
chaswms,

An unrelated question: how did you get the DTA to work alongside the DVR? I have a two-tuner DVR and ordered a DTA when they took away the unscrambled channels so I could watch a third channel live. I was told the DTA would have a separate remote that did not clash with the DVR, but that turned out to be incorrect. When I used the DTA remote to change a channel, it changed the channel on the DVR as well...

Robbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19264 of 19494 Old 09-26-2016, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by voranis View Post
....An unrelated question: how did you get the DTA to work alongside the DVR? I have a two-tuner DVR and ordered a DTA when they took away the unscrambled channels so I could watch a third channel live. I was told the DTA would have a separate remote that did not clash with the DVR, but that turned out to be incorrect. When I used the DTA remote to change a channel, it changed the channel on the DVR as well...
It would be helpful if folks would give the brands and model numbers of their DTAs, DVRs, Cable Boxes, and the Remotes, it would greatly help figure out what's going on, and how to work around things if possible.

When the DTA boxes in my area (Cisco DTA 170HD) were first released two years ago they were controlled via IR and mine use the same IR codes as my Cisco and Arris DVRs. The remote that came with it is HDA-IR2.2 and transmits IR to the box. Mine came with a little IR Receiver module so i can hide the box and leave the little mouse thingy under the TV to receive the IR signal.

But some newer DTA boxes are controlled by RF only (not IR) to enable you to hide the box and not have an IR receiver mouse dangling about, and the little remote they supply with these transmits RF to control the DTA box, but transmits IR to control the TV's Volume and Power. This RF box is the Cisco DTA 271HD, and the remote is HDA-RF2.2

If you have Cisco equipment, i presume you have the IR DTA with the HDA-IR2.2 remote (notice IR in the model number, where its RF on the newer setup). And if this is what you have, i'd take it back to the TWC office and see if they can replace it with a Cisco DTA 271HD and the HDA-RF2.2 RF remote. This way you can control the RF DTA and your DVR will ignore the signal.

But since Charter/Spectrum doesn't use DTA boxes, they may not give you one now since the switch over to Spectrum.

-------------

Randy
Sony XBR-55X900E, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Roamio Pro, TWC Arris DCX3600-M 6-Tuner DVR, Darbee DVP-5000S, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - https://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #19265 of 19494 Old 10-25-2016, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Thumbs down Dang DVR!

I was watching The Flash's recording about half-way and then Motorola/Arris DCX3510M DVR decided to freeze again (last one like many months ago). It couldn't tune to any channels and play other recordings. Turning off and on the DVR didn't help. I had to manually power cycle and everything worked again. I thought manually power cycling once a week (usually Fridays) would prevent this, but nope.

I wonder if I should swap this DVR to another model that is better? Thank you in advance.
post #19266 of 19494 Old 10-26-2016, 03:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
new Navigator

http://www.twc.com/newguide

San Diego and LA ODN boxes got an update to v8.0. Lots of new features and very TWCTV inspired. You can remove the new recently viewed back to the old way in the settings, displayed and recently viewed option to change it to off. Kids have their own menu and different channels have their own menu with shows that display episodes on demand, live, and DVR. You can now reboot your box from within the UI and not the secret diagnostic menu and other interesting features.
phildaant likes this.
post #19267 of 19494 Old 10-26-2016, 03:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Press SETTINGS button. The Quick Settings screen will appear.
Arrow left/right to DISPLAY.
Arrow up/down to Recently Viewed.
Press SELECT button.
Toggle Recently Viewed on/off using SELECT button.
Press EXIT button to leave settings.

This is how to get rid of recently viewed and go back to the old onscreen banner in the new 8.0 guide. Plan is to replace the ODN boxes (at least) to the new version in the next several weeks. Not sure what version the 8300HD uses as I do not use that box anymore. The ODN version before this is called On Screen guide or "The Guide" and Spectrum (TWC) calls this The new guide.
post #19268 of 19494 Old 10-26-2016, 04:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 1208
It sounds like its even worse than Navicrapper! (Im seeing alot of ppl not happy of it around the net)
post #19269 of 19494 Old 10-26-2016, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't see any different on my DVR so far? I power cycled last night PDT due to that freeze/lock up crash that I mentioned in this thread.
post #19270 of 19494 Old 10-28-2016, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Here in Wisconsin,

We haven't been named "Spectrum" yet, but on the monthly statement. TWC-Spectrum is promoting the new guide (Navigator 8.0) on the bill, It's just a "Your guide experience will soon be even better!" message. Than, it gives the above website to go to and learn about the features of the guide. I am expecting a Wisconsin, if not a whole Midwest roll-out within the next few weeks. Maybe even this early Tuesday morning when TWC does the traditional updates during the maintenance 12-5am Window. You won't be able to get it through a manual reboot. The new guide upgrade will auto-download and install on your box when your area is ready to get the new software.

As a side-note, My experience is not exactly better this month. Promotion ended and I have to haggle with Customer Retentions for a new rate!

Satch

Cisco 9865HDC DVR with Spectrum Navigator Guide
Metro-Milwaukee Wisconsin

Last edited by Satch Man; 10-28-2016 at 06:44 AM.
post #19271 of 19494 Old 10-28-2016, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvfan2005 View Post
Press SETTINGS button. The Quick Settings screen will appear.
Arrow left/right to DISPLAY.
Arrow up/down to Recently Viewed.
Press SELECT button.
Toggle Recently Viewed on/off using SELECT button.
Press EXIT button to leave settings.

This is how to get rid of recently viewed and go back to the old onscreen banner in the new 8.0 guide. Plan is to replace the ODN boxes (at least) to the new version in the next several weeks. Not sure what version the 8300HD uses as I do not use that box anymore. The ODN version before this is called On Screen guide or "The Guide" and Spectrum (TWC) calls this The new guide.
My view,

TWC-Spectrum really needs to dump all the SA boxes. They are now about 15 years out of date and are just referbs. And who knows how many times they have been refurbished? Their slowness and minimal storage can't handle the updates and many of the new features. Charter plans to move more Spectrum services to the cloud, where all boxes will simply show the guide and it's features as a type of streaming channel. Some offices might see the SA boxes and holding on to them as a cost-saving measure. But technology-wise it's embarrassing. When the new hardware does everything better and faster, why hold on to a dead horse?

I am sure that the non-C SA-8300 boxes are now dead. The SA-8300HDC's and even the box before that, (SA-8240 HDC's) are still being given out. (Not sure of model # before the SA-8300's) A guy at the TWC-Spectrum forum was given an SA (non-DVR) box with remote control issues. We think the IR sensor is shot on the box and we are encouraging him to get a newer box. I wonder what ODN 8.0 will bring to the SA boxes?

Satch

post #19272 of 19494 Old 10-29-2016, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by voranis View Post
chaswms,

An unrelated question: how did you get the DTA to work alongside the DVR? I have a two-tuner DVR and ordered a DTA when they took away the unscrambled channels so I could watch a third channel live. I was told the DTA would have a separate remote that did not clash with the DVR, but that turned out to be incorrect. When I used the DTA remote to change a channel, it changed the channel on the DVR as well...

Robbie
Sorry, Robbie -- I haven't been on this forum for over a month.
I tried what a previous poster did and set up the DTA remote as RF instead of IR, using the pairing option on the DTA's menu.
In spite of that change I still found that not only did the DTA remote affect the DVR, but the DVR remote affected the DTA.
What worked for me was placing the DTA itself out of both remotes' line-of-sight. In my case, this was behind the TV cabinet. Since the DTA is set for RF, it doesn't need to be sitting on a shelf.
Hope this helps!

ODN 8.1.0_14, Arris DCX3600-M, Dayton Ohio
post #19273 of 19494 Old 11-02-2016, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch Man View Post
Here in Wisconsin,
We haven't been named "Spectrum" yet, but on the monthly statement. TWC-Spectrum is promoting the new guide (Navigator 8.0) on the bill, It's just a "Your guide experience will soon be even better!" message. Than, it gives the above website to go to and learn about the features of the guide. I am expecting a Wisconsin, if not a whole Midwest roll-out within the next few weeks. Maybe even this early Tuesday morning when TWC does the traditional updates during the maintenance 12-5am Window. You won't be able to get it through a manual reboot. The new guide upgrade will auto-download and install on your box when your area is ready to get the new software.

Here in Los Angeles / South Bay Spectrum has adorned our bill with their brand since late September, no advance pimping of the new Navigator and BOOM it downloaded the new version (8.0.0_21) last night. At least they didn't do it during the WS Game 7 later today.

As a non-DVR user I'm stunned that they actually increased functionality. The original air date and live TV P-in-P has been restored, and the PG now has visibility out at least 13 days (and no repeated Please Wait dialog, yet). Setting a reminder timer to those distant events seems to work! General operation seems smoother (like CPU / memory isn't maxed out). Will need time to explore all of the new menu options.

Still waiting for more Reminder Timers though. Having just eight is now stupidly few.
phildaant likes this.

Disgusted Spectrum non-DVR subscriber. Meet the New 'Boss', same as the Old 'Boss'.
SetTopBox: Motorola DCX3200-M (non DVR), ODN v8.0.0
post #19274 of 19494 Old 11-02-2016, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I wonder if these recent upgrades will make our cable boxes more stable.
post #19275 of 19494 Old 11-03-2016, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 889
My Arris 6-tuner DVR and older 2-tuner Cisco DVR both got Spectrumed the other night. Aside from my Arris spazzing out initially it's all working just fine on both boxes.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-loc...l#post47894769

Randy
Sony XBR-55X900E, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Roamio Pro, TWC Arris DCX3600-M 6-Tuner DVR, Darbee DVP-5000S, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - https://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #19276 of 19494 Old 11-03-2016, 11:01 PM

Warning - 'New Guide' coming

The above posts do not make it clear 'which' guide one has been upgraded to. See https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/s...new-guide.html and select 'Which guide do I have?'

There are TWO:
- an interim 'On Screen' Guide which apparently refers to the same old Navigator UI, current version 8.0.0
- a 'New Guide' which looks to be a dumbed down style (anyone in San Diego who has it, please post details and experiences)

The very brief Step-By-Step Instructions are for the New Guide on DVR boxes.

I really hope Spectrum isn't 'pulling a Comcast'. C*s new guide combined search with PG navigation and relies on their severely underpowered cloud engine. No more direct left-right-up-down PG grid scrolling. Sounds terrible, IT IS!

I have the On-Screen Guide.
phildaant likes this.

Disgusted Spectrum non-DVR subscriber. Meet the New 'Boss', same as the Old 'Boss'.

Last edited by DiveFan; 11-03-2016 at 11:41 PM.
post #19277 of 19494 Old 11-04-2016, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveFan View Post
The above posts do not make it clear 'which' guide one has been upgraded to. See https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/s...new-guide.html and select 'Which guide do I have?'

There are TWO:
- an interim 'On Screen' Guide which apparently refers to the same old Navigator UI, current version 8.0.0
- a 'New Guide' which looks to be a dumbed down style (anyone in San Diego who has it, please post details and experiences)

The very brief Step-By-Step Instructions are for the New Guide on DVR boxes.

I really hope Spectrum isn't 'pulling a Comcast'. C*s new guide combined search with PG navigation and relies on their severely underpowered cloud engine. No more direct left-right-up-down PG grid scrolling. Sounds terrible, IT IS!

I have the On-Screen Guide.
Hi Dive Fan and Everyone,

That Menu that you see on the screen with TWC Spectrum promoting the "New Guide" is just one screen. It's a mini-menu that pops up when your set top is turned on that allows users to access Navigator Guide functions in one place. It goes away after 15 seconds, and can be turned on and off using the Menu Button. The Menu Button replaces the "A" button "Access" Button "Find Shows" with this upgrade. The New Guide is just like the Navigator On-Screen Guide With the following improvements:

• The Menu button allows quick access to features in one place.
  • Search has been improved across all aspects of the guide.
  • Taking future action on a Time Grid Show will bring up all options in another mini menu on how you can view the show.
  • The biggest change is Recently Viewed. A function that can be turned on and off in Settings. By pressing the up or down arrow keys when watching a show, you will be able to view the last 14 shows that you watched by arrowing over to them and selecting them.
  • A New Kids Menu Portal.
  • A Feature Tour Option in the Mini Menu to learn about the new upgrade.

Note: Recently viewed can be turned off in Settings. Content when Recently Viewed is turned on must be viewed on the channel either Live TV, VOD, or DVR for at least five seconds.
Adult Content is not displayed in Recently Viewed to protect children and families who may be sensitive to this type of material.

Someone said that PIP now works on the boxes with this update. Don't know, but please check and give box make and model to verify.

The New Guide is an expansion of the On Screen Guide. I know that menu graphic looks misleading, because some might think "That's all there is." No, it is one of several menu enhancements to "The On Screen Guide" formerly known as Navigator.

Satch
phildaant likes this.

Last edited by Satch Man; 11-04-2016 at 11:08 AM.
post #19278 of 19494 Old 11-04-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Hi Dive Fan and Everyone,
That Menu that you see on the screen with TWC Spectrum promoting the "New Guide" is just one screen. -snip-
Satch
Satch, Satch, Satch (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha ),
I did not report seeing the above screen. As my sig says and I keep repeating, I'm a non-DVR user. I saw the reference to the 'two guides' on the above link to the TWC web site. After five years of waiting I will be unbelieveably pi**ed off if Spectrum yanks functionality and usability on the 'New Guide'.

My blood pressure spikes when I have to use the dumbed down, putrid Xfinity X1 'program guide' at my NorCal relatives. You really have to use it to see how terrible hipster programmers can make our lives.

I hope that an early (involuntary) adopter will post a detailed video (hint) on the 'New Guide'; what 'details' TWC/Spectrum provides are for the severely technology challenged.

post #19279 of 19494 Old 11-08-2016, 06:36 PM

Just noticed that they still haven't fixed the 'time change bug' for reminder timers. They are off one hour until the next midnight. Something else may be going on - some of my repeat ones haven't worked consistently. Rebooting (now convenient) of course didn't help.

post #19280 of 19494 Old 11-09-2016, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveFan View Post
Just noticed that they still haven't fixed the 'time change bug' for reminder timers. They are off one hour until the next midnight. Something else may be going on - some of my repeat ones haven't worked consistently. Rebooting (now convenient) of course didn't help.
Sup Dive Fan?

You should report this by registering at the TWC Community Forum. There is a place for Product Feedback and Services. From time to time I have posted issues with guide and listing problems and amazingly, they seem to get attention. You can also send PM's with account information and ask them to open up Support Tickets for issues. This seems to work much better when calling and the scripted chat service does not help.

For example, there was a request that the Advanced Search Keyboard was only showing one instance of an NBA Basketball Game when a STB search was done. There was a topic about this, and I also confirmed it was an issue at my location as well. That was about two weeks ago and now it is fixed!

I would register and try it out. You have nothing to lose. I have helped people over there for about five years!

Here is the forum:

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/

Satch

post #19281 of 19494 Old 11-10-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Sup Dive Fan?
.... snip ....
Satch
Hey Satch,
FYI I post on the TWC Community Forums under a different handle. I'm less than impressed from the generic responses that I get there.

Time will tell if Spectrum will be an improvement over TWC. So far I only see the typical money-grubbing behavior of an near-monopoly incumbent.
- Late fees are now imposed and enforced. Before we had grace periods.
- Local broadcast and sports fees are merged for more opaqueness.
- On new Spectrum bundles, a new completely bogus 'security' fee applies. Expect more.

Fortunately, a new DSL ISP expanded their service to SoCal and now offers 'up to' 10Mbps internet + voice service, and their rates WERE LOWERED!! For the large number of lower income residents in LA County this is Huge. I'll post more after I cut over and have some actual experience.

Last edited by DiveFan; 11-10-2016 at 11:56 PM.
post #19282 of 19494 Old 11-14-2016, 11:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Question How to access Arris/DCX3510M DVR's DVS settings screen?

Hello.

For some weird reason, the Arris/DCX3510M DVR's DVS (descriptive video service) feature got enabled when watching tonight's recorded KTTV11's Gotham episode. KTLA5's Supergirl didn't have that before it.

I tried to figure it out from the DVR's manuals and on screens, but they seem to be different now. I tried checking in settings' CCs, but didn't see them. I even tried resetting CC settings, turning on/off (haven't tried power cycling yet since I didn't want to wait), etc. Maybe I accidently pressed a button on its RC to enable it?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by phildaant; 11-14-2016 at 11:57 PM.
post #19283 of 19494 Old 11-19-2016, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
save/restore with field tools didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswms View Post
It doesn't seem like it would do you any good at this point, but it may help others.

Elsewhere in this thread (and for my Cisco STB):
Press and hold Select on the remote until mail/message flash.
Press Exit.
Press Settings (Left also seems to work).
You should now have a Field Tools tab under the Settings button, which persists until you power off the STB.
I used field tools to save my settings today when moving from a TWC 8742HDC (2 tuner) to a 9865HDC (6 tuner). Both are Cisco boxes. While I was able to save the settings from the original box and attempt to restore them on the new box, I waited 30 minutes at a "Please Wait" prompt before assuming it wasn't working and pulled power on the 9865HDC. After boot, the box wasn't bricked (phew), but my settings were also not restored. Oh well.

Raleigh, NC 
Samsung 65JS8500
TWC 9865HDC
post #19284 of 19494 Old 11-29-2016, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Navigator 8.0 upgrade (at least) started rolling out here in Charlotte last night. New CableCard firmware was also installed.

So far, not much + with a few -...

• mildly updated guide graphics
  • additional locations with "DVR box"graphics
  • altered menu access (added left and/or right arrow in addition to Menu)
  • added direct access to Navigator diagnostics from the settings menu, with on-screen directions to access the SA/Cisco hardware diagnostics as well
  • added "reboot" command in the menus
  • screens that access guide data are so far extraordinarily slow or do not work at all (either no response at all or "not available" message)
  • several times I found that the Exit key will not release the Info banner... have to wait for the banner duration period to time out.
  • I cannot get ANY search functions to work at all (no biggy to me, but I'm sure many will throw fits if this is a widespread issue)

This is on an SA/Cisco 8640 DVR. None of the issues mentioned above existed previously on this box. Haven't had a chance to check out the Samsung plain STBs yet.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
Spectrum/TWC-Charlotte, 8742HDC/ODN 9

Last edited by jcalabria; 11-29-2016 at 11:44 AM.
post #19285 of 19494 Old 11-29-2016, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Is it me or is the 2nd info button press going full screen on RC? It used to show me bigger details on the bottom and not fullscreen!
post #19286 of 19494 Old 11-29-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Is it me or is the 2nd info button press going full screen on RC? It used to show me bigger details on the bottom and not fullscreen!
I am seeing inconsistent behavior with this since the update at 1am last night... sometimes I get the expanded banner and sometimes a full screen page with color graphics. Haven't played enough to notice a pattern... could be that certain networks get the full page with added graphics and some just get the expanded banner (I would prefer the expanded banner... no need to go full screen if I just want to see quickly see episode info)... or it could be some bug. Don't really know yet, especially with some of the other inconsistencies I see with accessing guide data.
phildaant likes this.

post #19287 of 19494 Old 11-29-2016, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
Navigator 8.0 upgrade (at least) started rolling out here in Charlotte last night. New CableCard firmware was also installed.

So far, not much + with a few -...

• mildly updated guide graphics
  • Additional locations with "DVR box"graphics
  • altered menu access (added left and/or right arrow in addition to Menu)
  • added direct access to Navigator diagnostics from the settings menu, with on-screen directions to access the SA/Cisco hardware diagnostics as well
  • added "reboot" command in the menus
  • screens that access guide data are so far extraordinarily slow or do not work at all (either no response at all or "not available" message)
  • several times I found that the Exit key will not release the Info banner... have to wait for the banner duration period to time out.
  • I cannot get ANY search functions to work at all (no biggy to me, but I'm sure many will throw fits if this is a widespread issue)

This is on an SA/Cisco 8640 DVR. None of the issues mentioned above existed previously on this box. Haven't had a chance to check out the Samsung plain STBs yet.
Thanks JC!

Gotta have my search so hopefully this gets sorted out! I have a Cisco 9865 DVR so maybe it will be faster. Searches are cloud-based on the advanced STB so maybe the time interval relates here. On the new boxes, we always have to wait about five hours here in Wisconsin before the search pops up.

I am registered as Satch over at the TWC Community Forums and you can register over there, or just use your "My Account" log in and password to log in. They will take feedback on the guide, and if you PM them some account information, (Your name, account #, and phone number,) about the new guide and a description of the problem, and where you are from, they will open up a support ticket on the issue. Give the make and model of your box as well. Here is the forum:

Satch

post #19288 of 19494 Old 11-29-2016, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks JC!

Gotta have my search so hopefully this gets sorted out! I have a Cisco 9865 DVR so maybe it will be faster. Searches are cloud-based on the advanced STB so maybe the time interval relates here. On the new boxes, we always have to wait about five hours here in Wisconsin before the search pops up.

I am registered as Satch over at the TWC Community Forums and you can register over there, or just use your "My Account" log in and password to log in. They will take feedback on the guide, and if you PM them some account information, (Your name, account #, and phone number,) about the new guide and a description of the problem, and where you are from, they will open up a support ticket on the issue. Give the make and model of your box as well. Here is the forum:

Satch
Thanks... I'll play with it a bit more before I raise any red flags... I like to understand what the hell is going on and a few minutes at 2am and a few more at 6am were just enough to notice that there might be some issues. Have to check out the Sammy STBs as well as my HDHR Prime CableCards.

If 8.0 is inherently slow on the heretofore speedy 8640HDC, I can't imagine what it would be like on any 8300HDCs still out there.

Last edited by jcalabria; 11-29-2016 at 11:59 AM.
post #19289 of 19494 Old 11-29-2016, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
Thanks... I'll play with it a bit more before I raise any red flags... I like to understand what the hell is going on and a few minutes at 2am and a few more at 6am were just enough to notice that there might be some issues. Have to check out the Sammy STBs as well as my HDHR Prime CableCards.

If 8.0 is inherently slow on the heretofore speedy 8640HDC, I can't imagine what it would be like on any 8300HDCs still out there.
Hi JC,

They are only putting it on advanced STB. SA boxes as we know don't have the hardware and processing power to handle an HD guide and the new features. I would be interested in knowing what they are doing with SA-8300HDC and Navigator 8.0. But no one I know has a box that old anymore. Could you imagine the slowness on that box? It would take a full minute to do anything! UGGHH

Satch

post #19290 of 19494 Old 11-29-2016, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Talking

Quote:
Hi JC,

They are only putting it on advanced STB. SA boxes as we know don't have the hardware and processing power to handle an HD guide and the new features. I would be interested in knowing what they are doing with SA-8300HDC and Navigator 8.0. But no one I know has a box that old anymore. Could you imagine the slowness on that box? It would take a full minute to do anything! UGGHH

Satch
Like SARAH? :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page