I will verify the exact changeover today. I know it was either june or july 2019.
It measures better, much smoother. But the bar is set high with the original so I wouldn't expect anything dramatic. See attached. (purple new, green old). This is just on the bench, not in the enclosure or with any crossover network.
I might be able to get a few pictures of the process over the weekend. Cliff note version(ANY questions be sure to email me before ripping things apart..
* Remove 10 inch woofer
* Reach thru that hole with the 10mm wrench and remove the two bolts holding the old tweeter to the horn. Be CAREFUL not to let the tweeter fall onto the crossover.
* Disconnect the wires on the tweeter and remove it thru the woofer hole.
* loosen and remove the 4 screws holding the horn to the cabinet. Remove Horn.
* Use the supplied studs/washers/nuts to secure the new tweeter to the horn.
* slide the horn back into position and secure to the cabinet. (the new tweeter fits thru the horn baffle cutout)
* Cut the two terminal off the tweeter leads and strip about 1/2 inch using the included cutter/striper
* connect those to the new tweeter observing original and correct polarity
* Reinstall 10 inch woofer observing correct polarity(if you disconnected the leads).
I THINK that's it...but that just off the cuff and I haven't had my 2 shots of 5 hour energy yet..