October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 1042 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 22697Likes

post #31231 of 31535 Old 05-14-2020, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3291 Post(s)
Liked: 5428
The sleeper has awakened!

Let's patent

Shai-Hulud Tequila.

“Truth suffers from too much analysis." -Ancient Fremen Saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31232 of 31535 Old 05-14-2020, 05:42 PM

I found Yankeeman's next movie:

NSFW trailer.

Returning to the medical school where they were test subjects decades ago, a pair of outrageously twisted serial killers use shockingly brutal sex acts to start killing off a group of drugged-out med students.

post #31233 of 31535 Old 05-14-2020, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2610 Post(s)
Liked: 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
The sleeper has awakened!

Let's patent

Shai-Hulud Tequila.
We're gonna need an extra big worm for the bottom of the bottle to be true to the spirit. We're coming for you Patron

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31234 of 31535 Old 05-14-2020, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Thanks for the info. Of course I know that there would be post production going on but then as I have mentioned before unless they were presenting it in some distant future there wouldn't be a need for more time consuming CG. Originally the HBO series was set for a summer series from what I read so yeah, it may be a summer series on Amazon. I know NDAs well from being in the entertainment software industry.

The first season was on Hulu and I suspect the "final" season also there. How soon would be interesting. I don't think NBC has an option for holding back for Peacock.
I wonder if it would have done better on SyFy instead of USA, even people who have cable don't search out shows that don't hear about.

post #31235 of 31535 Old 05-14-2020, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
I saw The Platform on Netflix. While right now I have no patience for most movies due to being in a perpetual crummy mood, The Platform held my interest all the way and made me forget about my problems while I was watching it. No, its not spectacular, but it makes you think about whats really going on, and while it can be disgusting at times I dont think its half as disgusting overall as people are saying. Definetely worth watching!!!!!!!!!!!
Watched The Platform on Netflix too today. Was pretty surprised how hooked I was throughout the movie. Really good stuff!
post #31236 of 31535 Old 05-14-2020, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post
I don't recall if I saw Goodnight Mommy so if I did must not have made an impression. I do like movies that take place in the snow though, that isolation factor adds something!
The movie does play on that isolation factor, so that may be something to consider.

Do be aware that it's Hollywood's version of snow and winter, though. Their version of a blizzard is more like a light snowstorm to anyone living is a cold climate. Other than that nitpick, it does a good job with the concept.

Scott

post #31237 of 31535 Old 05-14-2020, 10:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 2308
When I read this , I busted my gut . It is so true

Vision: Man Cave: Sony XBR-65" Z9D HDR 3-D | Bedroom: Sony KDL- 65" W850A 3-D |
Sound: Denon AVR-X4500H | Front:Klipsch Epic CF-4 | Rear:Klipsch Epic CF-2 | Center:Klipsch KV-4 SuB: Klipsch KSW-15
Smarts: Sony UBP-X700 4K 3-D Player Dolby Vision | AppleTV-4K | PS4 | PS3 | XBOX 360 | Wii | Monster Power HTS3600 MKII surge protector Clean Power Stage 3
post #31238 of 31535 Old 05-15-2020, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 1059
Quote:

NSFW trailer.

Returning to the medical school where they were test subjects decades ago, a pair of outrageously twisted serial killers use shockingly brutal sex acts to start killing off a group of drugged-out med students.

https://youtu.be/i8Gxp-whiaI
From 2009? Don't think I've ever heard of this. Wonder where we can find it (aside from buying on Amazon for $20). Looks pretty twisted.
yankeeman likes this.

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
post #31239 of 31535 Old 05-15-2020, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2391 Post(s)
Liked: 2787
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
From 2009? Don't think I've ever heard of this. Wonder where we can find it (aside from buying on Amazon for $20). Looks pretty twisted.
https://tubitv.com/movies/521806/som...ng_at_the_door
Brian Conrad likes this.
post #31240 of 31535 Old 05-15-2020, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 1009
Quote:

NSFW trailer.

https://youtu.be/i8Gxp-whiaI
Looks good, thanks!! Now where can i easily watch it? Is it on Netflix? I dont stream anything else really and hate to watch movies on anything but my regular tv.

never take life seriously
post #31241 of 31535 Old 05-15-2020, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
There we go. Have never watched anything on Tubi, but gotta start sometime I suppose.

post #31242 of 31535 Old 05-15-2020, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2569 Post(s)
Liked: 2332
Quote:
There we go. Have never watched anything on Tubi, but gotta start sometime I suppose.
I watched "Bad Biology" there over the weekend. There's a quirky gore movie for you. Ads were often just on 15 second one and well spaced. Tubi alerts you to an ad break coming up and they take breaks at scene changes. I've seen some foreign TV shows particularly on Hulu where they probably handed the job to an intern for setting the manifest for ads at inappropriate times. The intern was probably NOT a film major.

Watched "The Dead Zone" season 1 2003 episode 14 "Plague" last night on Amazon Prime. Interesting episode given the times.

Joe Bob will have Lloyd Kaufman (Troma films) as special guest tonight.
ApolloCreed and tenthplanet like this.
post #31243 of 31535 Old 05-15-2020, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Tubi is good for a lot of those indie movies that were on Netflix that weren't there anymore when you got a chance to watch them.

post #31244 of 31535 Old 05-15-2020, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKnapp View Post
When I read this , I busted my gut . It is so true

More Sasquatch knowledge.."You either run with Sasquatch, or run from him"
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wmAM/jack-li...with-sasquatch
RobKnapp likes this.

post #31245 of 31535 Old 05-16-2020, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Joe Bob was a bit of a wash for me last night. The Lloyd Kaufman interviews were fun but I can see why "Troma's War" was not a hit. The second feature, "One Cut of the Dead" I had tried to watch a while back but was bored with it after about 20 minutes so will find the Joe Bob breaks online.
post #31246 of 31535 Old 05-16-2020, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is what it's come to. I'm plotting to going to a grocery store that's near a CVS and another grocery store. Why ??? Would you believe there's a run on appliance light bulbs , you know the ones you change in your refrigerator every 4 to 6 years that only light up when the door is open. When I go down the street I've found two stores where the empty pegs used to have the bulbs. Strangely, if I want a bulb for a lamp, those you can get.

Funny how your earthquake tools become of use in times on pandemic weirdness. Best tool that everybody needs, the big yellow flashlight with the big square 6 volt battery (The new ones have 3 led bulbs and are bright enough to land aircraft). Keep one near where you sleep.
Brian Conrad and RobKnapp like this.

post #31247 of 31535 Old 05-16-2020, 10:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
This is what it's come to. I'm plotting to going to a grocery store that's near a CVS and another grocery store. Why ??? Would you believe there's a run on appliance light bulbs , you know the ones you change in your refrigerator every 4 to 6 years that only light up when the door is open. When I go down the street I've found two stores where the empty pegs used to have the bulbs. Strangely, if I want a bulb for a lamp, those you can get.

Funny how your earthquake tools become of use in times on pandemic weirdness. Best tool that everybody needs, the big yellow flashlight with the big square 6 volt battery (The new ones have 3 led bulbs and are bright enough to land aircraft). Keep one near where you sleep.
Success ! Bulb acquired at fifth store (Note to future self..next time to go that store and avoid the first four ) along with good cold coffee, the best croissants, and craft beer and... Paper towel ! You know things are weird when the high end stores are rationing it. (Still ).

THO: "Hey the the frig lights up again , wait is this a trick "
Tenth: Is it ?

post #31248 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Any "What We Do in the Shadows" fans out there? This had loosely been on my radar for awhile now, but it wasn't until this morning that I actually watched it. Would've definitely jumped on this earlier if I had known that it was created by Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords).

post #31249 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Or up north when your utility company decides to do a mandated power blackout.

Rather than brave some nearby stores for things they were probably out of I just ordered them on Amazon. One came in a couple days and the other which is usually in stock at Walmart (one mile away) but wasn't took nearly two weeks.

My smartphone is usually overnight charging (which most people do) by my bed so I could shake it to turn on it's flashlight. As for recharging there are three UPS backups for computers in this house so if a blackout occurs I just unplug the computers and UPS can do several recharges. After the last blackout I got an $12 LED lantern to replace a fluorescent camp lantern which takes bigger batteries. It lights better and even has a strobe mode. Guess you turn that on to drive any tweakers out of the house who have broken in.

Also for earthquakes had a small butane campstove on hand which during the blackout used on the patio to cook up some meals.

Quote:
Any "What We Do in the Shadows" fans out there? This had loosely been on my radar for awhile now, but it wasn't until this morning that I actually watched it. Would've definitely jumped on this earlier if I had known that it was created by Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords).
Latest episode with Mark Hamill and Madeline Martin ("Californication") was a hoot. There is an earlier season 2 episode with a host of celebs including Tilda Swinton and Danny Trejo. The Superbowl episode was especially crazy.
post #31250 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 7779 Post(s)
Liked: 17657
The Color Out of Space. Two words. Nic Cage! Two more words. Tommy Chong! This is a technicolor trip by the Mandy team. While not quite as out there as Mandy, I found myself enjoying this vividly kaleidoscopic and chromatic little flick based on a story by HP Lovecraft.

post #31251 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Finally watched Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. I thought it was pretty good. However, I am not a Star Wars nerd nor do I know much of anything regarding the lore.
tenthplanet likes this.
post #31252 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 06:28 PM

The Wrong Missy. Hilarious Netflix movie.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
tenthplanet likes this.

post #31253 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Been meaning to get to it, the ads on FX are hilarious. Vampires on Staten Island how can you go wrong.
ApolloCreed likes this.

post #31254 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Finally watched Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. I thought it was pretty good. However, I am not a Star Wars nerd nor do I know much of anything regarding the lore.
"You see the prophecy is true the pure one is here"/"The pure watcher ?"/"Indeed he is here"/ ""All hail the non-nerd""

Due to Covid 19, any feasts in your honor are indefinitely postponed, sorry about that..

post #31255 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A producer of physical media that licenses older content is folding, not horror but let people you know who collect classic stuff that might want to jump on this.. There is a sale..while they last.

After nine years of successful operations in which 380 motion pictures from the 1930s to the 2010s have been released on DVD and Blu-ray disc, the home video label Twilight Time founded by veteran Hollywood studio executives and filmmakers Brian Jamieson and the late, Nick Redman, will not release any further titles and will be winding down operations this summer. A changing market, the rising costs of title acquisitions and the passing of longtime partner and company spokesman Redman, are key reasons for the closure.

screen archives entertainment [email protected]
Reprieve of sorts...

SCREEN ARCHIVES ACQUIRES TWILIGHT TIME BACK CATALOG

May 14, 2020 -- Screen Archives Entertainment has reached an agreement with Twilight Time Movies to purchase the company’s extensive Twilight Time Movies inventory or back catalog effective July 1, 2020. The agreement ensures that the Twilight Time label will continue indefinitely, according to the principals.

Screen Archives has served as the primary distribution partner to Twilight Time since its beginning, working with the late Nick Redman and co-founder Brian Jamieson.

Jamieson, a veteran studio executive and filmmaker will continue to provide marketing expertise and support to Screen Archives during the transition.

Screen Archives president Craig Spaulding said, “Having worked with Brian and Nick over the years, we took this step because we have always enjoyed a good relationship with Brian (and Nick). We wanted to keep our relationship going and continue to capitalize on Brian’s years of expertise in the industry.
ApolloCreed and RobKnapp like this.

post #31256 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 2308
Quote:
Reprieve of sorts...

SCREEN ARCHIVES ACQUIRES TWILIGHT TIME BACK CATALOG

May 14, 2020 -- Screen Archives Entertainment has reached an agreement with Twilight Time Movies to purchase the company’s extensive Twilight Time Movies inventory or back catalog effective July 1, 2020. The agreement ensures that the Twilight Time label will continue indefinitely, according to the principals.

Screen Archives has served as the primary distribution partner to Twilight Time since its beginning, working with the late Nick Redman and co-founder Brian Jamieson.

Jamieson, a veteran studio executive and filmmaker will continue to provide marketing expertise and support to Screen Archives during the transition.

Screen Archives president Craig Spaulding said, “Having worked with Brian and Nick over the years, we took this step because we have always enjoyed a good relationship with Brian (and Nick). We wanted to keep our relationship going and continue to capitalize on Brian’s years of expertise in the industry.
I placed an order ! Thanks a million for tip.

Triple Super Jackpot !!!

"It's not what you light… it's what you don't light." - John Alton

No other individual defines the foreboding film style known as noir more than John Alton, the Academy Award®-winning cinematographer (An American in Paris) who established his reputation as one of the movie industry's finest by plying his unique talents in the arena of B-movies.

T-MEN (1947, 92 min.) "Superb visual quality that does justice to John Alton’s striking black & white cinematography..." - Leonard Maltin
RAW DEAL (1948, 79 min.) "Another beautifully produced Blu-ray from ClassicFlix." - Robert Harris, Home Theater Forum
HE WALKED BY NIGHT (1948, 79 min.) "Film noir aficionados will love this top-notch rendering that brings this movie to life like never before." - David Krauss, High-Def Digest

Vision: Man Cave: Sony XBR-65" Z9D HDR 3-D | Bedroom: Sony KDL- 65" W850A 3-D |
Sound: Denon AVR-X4500H | Front:Klipsch Epic CF-4 | Rear:Klipsch Epic CF-2 | Center:Klipsch KV-4 SuB: Klipsch KSW-15
Smarts: Sony UBP-X700 4K 3-D Player Dolby Vision | AppleTV-4K | PS4 | PS3 | XBOX 360 | Wii | Monster Power HTS3600 MKII surge protector Clean Power Stage 3
post #31257 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
The Wrong Missy. Hilarious Netflix movie.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Watched it tonight too. Really enjoyed it. Fun movie.

Quote:
Been meaning to get to it, the ads on FX are hilarious. Vampires on Staten Island how can you go wrong.
Is this on FX actual, or behind the Hulu pay wall?

post #31258 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Watched it tonight too. Really enjoyed it. Fun movie.

Is this on FX actual, or behind the Hulu pay wall?
Both it's an FX channel show. Your cable credentials should be able to unlock the FX app to get the older episodes.

post #31259 of 31535 Old 05-17-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Both it's an FX channel show. Your cable credentials should be able to unlock the FX app to get the older episodes.
I get FX. That's not the problem. The Mouse is moving a lot of what should be FX shows (e.g. Devs) behind the Hulu pay wall. That's the problem. Well, my problem anyway. Just one of many, as the Mrs likes to remind me.

post #31260 of 31535 Old 05-18-2020, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 737
Quote:

NSFW trailer.

I should have watched The Platform instead. Don't let the plot fool you. I don't know if the version on Tubi was cut at all, but the content here was very tame from a gore and nudity POV. I was so bored and annoyed I just stopped paying attention but left it on in the background in case anything interesting happened (it didn't).

Quote:
Yes sir. Loved the movie (the confrontation with the werewolves is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen). Love the TV show.

Last edited by Ben23; 05-18-2020 at 06:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page