October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 377 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20955Likes

post #11281 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
I've seen this one several times before and I had it on again this afternoon. About half way through I got sidetracked with a phone call. I noticed the screaming more this time than before. Probably because I wasn't paying attention to the action on the screen.
Yea, I think I was really engrossed the first time. And she really swings for the fence in making herself seem terrified. This time I was watching it with someone experiencing it for the first time, so I was more aware. Still awesome, but kindly shut the hell up Marilyn Burns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Love your avatar! Told my girlfriend about Monster Squad and said we should watch it together sometime. She's pretty young and it's before her time but I think she would like it.
Thanks! It's definitely a yearly watch for us in October. I think most people who grew up in that time period, if they remember nothing else, they remember about the nards. I hope your girlfriend enjoys it. I actually overheard a conversation this morning where a coworker acknowledged they hadn't seen Goonies or The Princess Bride...it's amazing how much difference 5-6 years makes in shared childhood experiences.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Horrorfest 2013 (in 2014)

Horrorfest 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11282 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 7249 Post(s)
Liked: 16479
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Spoiler!
Nah, went as deep as I could with
Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Yeah, it's not a sit back and enjoy the mayhem kind of Z flic. That was what I expected the first time I watched it and you have to adjust to a different appreciation level. Reminds me of when I took the family to see RANGO. We had just seen a a few really good, straight at you, heroic, kids animated movies. Think How To Train Your Dragon. (HTTYD) At the end of RANGO I am like it's an ok flic and really did not get much out of it. I was expecting another heroic, action flic and it did not fit the way I was expecting. 2nd time I watched I could not believe how funny it was and is now one of my favorite movies - period.

Not saying Pontypool will be all that, but I found it is hard to appreciate when you are in the mood for straight action and intestines.
It's highly unlikely I will ever sit thru this again. I did like Rango though.

Quote:
This movie has -
horny college kids that never get naked
And it's still better than Pontypool.
GoCaboNow likes this.

post #11283 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2418 Post(s)
Liked: 2047
Last night's watch was "The Town that Dreaded Sundown" on NF. It's based on real events in post WWII Texarkana. Kind of a hoot, shot in 1976 and the director also plays the Barney Fife like cop in the film. There are goofs so be on the lookout for those. Three trombone slides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11284 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 103
5. Slumber Party Massacre (1982) (FTV) - 3.5

I really liked this one. It was a little slow in the middle, but had enough good parts overall that I can forgive it. I loved that it was an unintentional/intentional parody of the genre (the writer and director created it as a comedy, but the producers saw it as a normal slasher). There were so many things I wanted to make fun of as I watched, but couldn’t, because it was already making fun of itself. There were a wide variety of female characters who had jobs/interests traditionally held by men (in movies), faux-macho locker room talk, “Y’know, I think your tits are getting bigger,” (is there a male equivalent to this? “Hey, looks like you grew an inch longer over the summer, brah!”) The camera lingered gratuitously over some of the characters while they showered (scanning over various parts of their bodies unnecessarily). One guy slowly presses his bulge into his best friend’s back as they leer at some girls undressing and wonder aloud if they had died and gone to heaven. It goes on and on. There was actually a surprising amount of background detail involved, which raised the level of parody as well. It was clever, and even more impressive for being released in 1982. The genre was still new, but they nailed a ton of tropes that have been in continuous use.

6. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) - 3.5

Every October we have to watch a selection from Elm Street, Halloween or Friday the 13th. It was very likely to be F13 this year, because we went to an outdoor screening of the original on Friday, June 13th (coincidentally, the movie takes place on Friday, June 13th, and the characters make reference to there being a full moon. There was a full moon on June 13th this year as well – spooky). We watched Part II at home, so we're already geared up for Jason. Anyway, this was a pretty strong entry. I don’t like Part III as much (I hate you Shelly!), but have a fondness for IV-VI. I think they really hold up well. Also, people tend to bash the numerous sequels for being low quality, but the kills in this really demonstrated why this series generally stands apart. A lot of the standard slashers have some slashing and stabbing, etc. But, Jason goes the extra mile. He stabs, and then rakes it across the body. Cuts the throat, and then twists the head around. He gives you your money’s worth (in terms of murder). Still relatively tame by today’s standards, but more diverse and interesting than what you get from the copycats (which is why I appreciate it when a copycat picks a theme and takes it to the extreme).
GoCaboNow and The Mice like this.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Horrorfest 2013 (in 2014)

Horrorfest 2014
post #11285 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 2152
#10, The House of the Devil, NetFlix HD streaming, FTV...Seeing this movie make the rounds from Wizzack and assorted members, I decided to give it a go. This is another Ti West movie that looks like a through back to the late 70's early 80's Horror movies. Kind of a slow burn but it is rather fitting for this film. The setup is a cash strapped girl takes a baby sitting gig to help pay for her new digs. She later finds out that she shouldn't have taken the job. I like the casting of the Robocop2 'Nuke drug' guy because he does give the creepy vibe when you hear his voice and see him. This movie was fun and gave me some surprises! 4 Babysitting Zombies!

I see some movies mentioned here I haven't seen yet. They sound brutal (The Seasoning House, Antichrist) but I might continue my Exorcist anthology or Event Horizon might fit the bill tonight.

Edit: I know there are some gamers in here and this game looks fitting for this month! I think I want this more than the Alien Isolation game!

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; 10-06-2014 at 04:40 PM.
post #11286 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 2065
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
#10, The House of the Devil, NetFlix HD streaming, FTV...Seeing this movie make the rounds from Wizzack and assorted members, I decided to give it a go. This is another Ti West movie that looks like a through back to the late 70's early 80's Horror movies. Kind of a slow burn but it is rather fitting for this film. The setup is a cash strapped girl takes a baby sitting gig to help pay for her new digs. She later finds out that she shouldn't have taken the job. I like the casting of the Robocop2 'Nuke drug' guy because he does give the creepy vibe when you hear his voice and see him. This movie was fun and gave me some surprises! 4 Babysitting Zombies!

I see some movies mentioned here I haven't seen yet. They sound brutal (The Seasoning House, Antichrist) but I might continue my Exorcist anthology or Event Horizon might fit the bill tonight.

Edit: I know there are some gamers in here and this game looks fitting for this month! I think I want this more than the Alien Isolation game!

http://youtu.be/WiyCWXU_804
As far as gaming goes, my son has been playing Five Nights at Freddies, and the old standard, Amnesia,Dark Decent. I enjoy the Amnesia myself,
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #11287 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 1252
Loved House of the Devil, @bornslippy ! Bought it as soon as I could.

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #11288 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
Loved House of the Devil, @bornslippy! Bought it as soon as I could.

Me too. When I first saw it, I ordered it on Amazon immediately afterward and ended up watching it for a second time during that year's Horrorfest. Its been watched every October since......
Bob McLaughlin likes this.

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
post #11289 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Wow guys I just finished my Exorcist movie marathon, it was a grand total of 11 hours and 40 minutes including short breaks and dinner. Don't know if I have it in me to watch Phantasm tonight but maybe I will get my second wind!

Glad I picked up The Complete Anthology on Blu-ray. All of the movies look great! Here are my ratings for each of the films...

Exorcist - The Beginning 3.25 out of 5
Dominion - Prequel to the Exorcist 2.5 out of 5
Exorcist - Extended Director's Cut 4 out of 5
Exorcist II - The Heretic 2 out of 5
Exorcist III 3 out of 5

Great that Richard Burton and James Earl Jones were in Exorcist 2 and that George C. Scott was in Exorcist 3!

Also...the "stew" I made turned out alright but the base was more of a soup than a gravy since I was mistakenly short on the amount of mix I needed, but otherwise it was good and I have enough leftovers for four dinners which I have now put in the freezer!
post #11290 of 30445 Old 10-06-2014, 11:10 PM

Just finished Zombie Night. Almost overlooked this film until I saw the cast. Anthony Michael Hall, Daryl Hannah, Alan Ruck and Shirley Jones. Sold. It's by The Asylum. Same guys that do the Sharknado movies. Whilst I do like me some sharks in a vortex, Zombie Night took itself too seriously and really wasn't very good. 2 severed fingers.
GoCaboNow likes this.

post #11291 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 207
5. Lords of Salem (Bluray, FTV)
Not sure what the heck I just watched.
GoCaboNow likes this.

XBox: King Nuthin
post #11292 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 3152 Post(s)
Liked: 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
5. Lords of Salem (Bluray, FTV)
Not sure what the heck I just watched.
Good, good let the confusion flow through you.
GoCaboNow likes this.
post #11293 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 06:17 AM

20. Banshee Chapter. FTV. Cool ideas and the subject matter is right in my wheel house but I can't for my life figure out why this has five stars on Netlfix. There just wasn't enough here besides the promising setup. It's basically an exploration into DMT and MK Ultra with a connection to the numbers stations. The best part is the second screening it led me to do about DMT.
post #11294 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 1252
6. The Atomic Submarine (FTV)
Something under the polar ice cap is messing with submarines in 50's America, and it just might not be of this Earth. Presumably James Cameron's inspiration for The Abyss, we're already familiar with the concept of underwater UFO's, but in Cold War nuclear powered America this was probably a pretty scary concept. However, unlike The Abyss, this movie is so low budget it's quite funny. A good portion of the film is a mix of grainy stock military footage, a grave-sounding superfluous narrator, and some of the cheapest-looking ship and sub models outside of a Revell SnapTite kit.

The remainder of the film is mostly unconcerned-looking men on a cardboard-like submarine set discussing their next potentially death-defying moves. Sample dialogue after the sub's main propulsion system fails and the men are stranded on the bottom of the polar ocean: "Well, we're dead in the water. Any ideas?" The UFO itself looks like it was a toy borrowed from the neighbor's backyard, and the interior of the UFO is simply a dark room with a pair of lines painted on the floor. The monster itself is a fuzzy mess of tentacles and a single giant eye.

The science is suspect, the tension is nonexistent, but the acting is surprisingly strong despite the turgid script, thanks to a cast of washed-up supporting actors from better films (most notably Val Lewton film regular Tom Conway, and pinup girl Joi Lansing providing some brief but welcome eye candy).

2 out of 5 stars.

Bob's October 2014 Horror Movie List
FTV denotes first time viewing
1. From Beyond The Grave (FTV) 3/5
2. Bad Dreams (FTV) 3.5/5
3. Bug (1975) (FTV) 2/5
4. The Sacrament (FTV) 3.5/5
5. The Funhouse (FTV) 4/5
6. The Atomic Submarine (FTV) 4/5

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #11295 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Catching up.

Event Horizon. (1997) As yankeeman mentioned, it’s hard not to think about the footage left on the cutting room floor and what it could have been (thanks Kenobi!). All those flashes of gnarly Hellraiseresque imagery was such a tease. Pretty good but I wanted moar. Glad to finally cross this one off the list! C+

A Bucket of Blood (1959) A frustrated and talentless artist finds acclaim for a plaster covered dead cat that is mistaken as a skillful statuette. Soon the desire for more praise leads to an increasingly deadly series of works. Stars Dick Miller aka “crazy neighbor from Gremlins” and directed by Roger Corman. It’s a hoot. Really liked this one! A-

Haute Tension (2003) The greatest 60 minutes of horror since Halloween. A shame it’s 91 minutes long. Repeat viewings of HT play with my emotions. More enjoyable because you can brace for the epic fail and it won’t sting as much. But also VERY frustrating because you notice all of the inconsistencies that fill the canyon of a plot hole. Why hasn’t some super-fan done a re-edit and posted on youtube yet? B+

Flatliners (1990) Not much character development with this all-star cast but who needs it. Keifer, Julia, Bacon, a Baldwin & Oliver Platt show us the problems of zombieism without the hunger for brains, body rot & shuffling around. Cool photograpy & score. B-
post #11296 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Digging everyones takes - good with the bad.

Last night was Brotherhood of the Wolf. (Le pacte des loups) 2001 FTV.
It was listed as a french horror with an A list cast but played more like a tame mini series with more of a swash buckling, romantic angle. Those French...

Theoretically, a werewolf is ravaging an 18th century province in France and, our hero is called in, with spiritual, Tonto-like, side kick in tow. I thought this would be another HARSH, brutal French horror flic, but like I said, it was more interested in the romantic angle than brutality. Still, a great cast with Vincent Cassel and Monica Belluci. Unfortunately, it was two hours plus and dragged a bit...

This movie has -

Monica Belluci

Heroic taxidermist

Bad guy who likes to monogram his balls

Native American martial arts expert from the 18th century

2.75 Frenchy Zombies
ApolloCreed, wizzack and The Mice like this.

RS600, 133" 2.8 HP Screen, Panasonic UB-900
Marantz, 7702MKII, Emotiva XPA-1, XPA-2, XPA-100's
7.2.4 with 4pi JBL LCR's, Athena 100 surrounds and 4x Volt 10lx ceiling speakers.
4x FI 18" IB subwoofage with Behringer EP400 amp
Fabric walls, fabric posters, fabric under soffets. No reflections!!

Last edited by GoCaboNow; 10-07-2014 at 10:11 AM.
post #11297 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:

It was listed as a french horror with an A list cast but played more like a tame mini series with more of a swash buckling, romantic angle. Those French...

Theoretically, a werewolf is ravaging an 18th century province in France and, our hero, with spiritual, Tonto-like, side kick in tow. I thought this would be another HARSH, brutal French horror flic, but like I said, it was more interested in the romantic angle than brutality. Still, a great cast with Vincent Cassel and Monica Belluci. Unfortunately, it was two hours plus and dragged a bit...

This movie has -

Monica Belluci

Heroic taxidermist

2.75 Frenchy Zombies
Ahhhh, now I remember this one - back from the old HDDVD vs Blu-ray war. Thanks for putting it back on the radar.
post #11298 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 949
This morning i watched V/H/S. I had already seen the second one and liked it, but i dont know, the first one didnt do it for me. Maybe the second one really is a lot beter, maybe it was my mood, maybe it was the fact that i watched it after watching the 2 great Rob Zombie movies that had plots and great characters, whatever.

Some good gore, but overall it annoyed me. I will give it a 2.5 rating for the good gore, but again, just didnt do it for me.

2014 OCTOBER HORROR MOVIES
-------------------------------
01- DEADGIRL - 4 zombies
02- INFERNO OF TORTURE - 3 zombies
03- RESIDENT EVIL APOCALYPSE - 4 zombies
04- NEIGHBOR - 3 zombies
05- HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES - 5 zombies
06- DEVIL'S REJECTS - 4-1/2 zombies
07- V/H/S - 2-1/2 zombies

never take life seriously
post #11299 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I figured it was time for a staple horror flick last night and Event Horizon was it!

#11 Event Horizon, BD...This one of my newer classics I like to watch this time of year and imo it is one of Paul's best movie to date! Everyone here is familiar with the story but I still find the story still effective all these years later. I also like the limited CG work done on this film and the ship 'Event Horizon' looks stunning as a real model. I am with Kenobi when I say this movie is overdue for an extended edition. 4 Intra-demensional Zombies!
The Mice likes this.
post #11300 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Good, good let the confusion flow through you.
Granted it was late, I was drowsy, but I can't shake the feeling that this was a steaming pile of turd masquerading as high art. I feel like I have pretty low standards when it comes to being entertained and this one didn't cut it for me.

XBox: King Nuthin
post #11301 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Netflix sent me (original) Day of the Dead on BD today and I think I will give that a spin. Not my first time seeing it but my first time on BD so some scenes might be pretty good!

Bob, I love all the pictures and gif files you do on your reviews!

the Mice, I think you and I are in agreement on The Exorcist Anthology!
Bob McLaughlin likes this.
post #11302 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 949
Got a chance to watch FRANKENSTEIN'S ARMY, had it holding on the DVR for quite awhile. Great monsters, loved them. Campy. Fun to see all the creations, otherwise no big deal. Still, good enough creatures "put together from parts" to rate a 3.5 zombies.

2014 OCTOBER HORROR MOVIES
-------------------------------
01- DEADGIRL - 4 zombies
02- INFERNO OF TORTURE - 3 zombies
03- RESIDENT EVIL APOCALYPSE - 4 zombies
04- NEIGHBOR - 3 zombies
05- HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES - 5 zombies
06- DEVIL'S REJECTS - 4-1/2 zombies
07- V/H/S - 2-1/2 zombies
08- FRANKENSTEINS ARMY - 3-1/2 zombies

never take life seriously
post #11303 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
thanks for all the info!
post #11304 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
Granted it was late, I was drowsy, but I can't shake the feeling that this was a steaming pile of turd masquerading as high art. I feel like I have pretty low standards when it comes to being entertained and this one didn't cut it for me.
Watch again in 3-4 weeks. It's my favorite RZ so far.
post #11305 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:

Theoretically, a werewolf is ravaging an 18th century province in France and, our hero is called in, with spiritual, Tonto-like, side kick in tow. I thought this would be another HARSH, brutal French horror flic, but like I said, it was more interested in the romantic angle than brutality. Still, a great cast with Vincent Cassel and Monica Belluci. Unfortunately, it was two hours plus and dragged a bit...

This movie has -

Monica Belluci

Heroic taxidermist

2.75 Frenchy Zombies
This flick was a pleasant surprise when I watched it, speaking of Native American martial arts.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews...enge-thriller/
post #11306 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:

This movie has -

Monica Belluci

Heroic taxidermist

2.75 Frenchy Zombies
Frenchy zombies? Lol. They run away from the living. Oui-oui.
GoCaboNow likes this.

post #11307 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 2623
Watched The Omega Man (1971) last night. Not really a horror title but pretty close. I haven't seen this one since the '70s. For a while there I thought Anthony Zerbe was John Lithgow. Anyway, it inspired me to watch...

I Am Omega (2007) - The last man on earth (Mark Dacasos) must battle the undead horde that rules Earth, in this low budget post-apocalyptic thriller that bears more than a passing resemblance to I AM LEGEND.

Another one by The Asylum. This one was pretty good. Not nearly as good as I Am Legend but still worth watching.
post #11308 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Quote:
This flick was a pleasant surprise when I watched it, speaking of Native American martial arts.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews...enge-thriller/
Hmm, sounds good! Have not done any "rape/revenge/Redsploitation" genre movies yet this year.

Not on NF though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Watched The Omega Man (1971) last night. Not really a horror title but pretty close. I haven't seen this one since the '70s. For a while there I thought Anthony Zerbe was John Lithgow. Anyway, it inspired me to watch...

I Am Omega (2007) - The last man on earth (Mark Dacasos) must battle the undead horde that rules Earth, in this low budget post-apocalyptic thriller that bears more than a passing resemblance to I AM LEGEND.

Another one by The Asylum. This one was pretty good. Not nearly as good as I Am Legend but still worth watching.
The Omega Man was one of my favorite flics as a kid and may be why I enjoy the survival/shelter construction/creature beatdown genre so much. This, ALIENS, Dawn of the Dead etc...

RS600, 133" 2.8 HP Screen, Panasonic UB-900
Marantz, 7702MKII, Emotiva XPA-1, XPA-2, XPA-100's
7.2.4 with 4pi JBL LCR's, Athena 100 surrounds and 4x Volt 10lx ceiling speakers.
4x FI 18" IB subwoofage with Behringer EP400 amp
Fabric walls, fabric posters, fabric under soffets. No reflections!!
post #11309 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Yes, I recall you guys saying that The Last Man On Earth, The Omega Man, and I Am Legend are something of a loose trilogy. I had planned to watch all three films in one shot after October sometime.

Today I picked up a few new blu-ray movies, Jaws for $10, Pandorum for $5, and then since it has been mentioned in here several times, I also bought Event Horizon for $10. I never saw Event Horizon before and it's probably a shame that I didn't see it while it was still new or fairly new, but it sounds as though it still holds up reasonably well now. I am going to try to watch it sooner rather than later, maybe even tonight after it gets dark outside. Otherwise I have another movie pulling at me, 1408. Either way, good times ahead!
post #11310 of 30445 Old 10-07-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mice View Post
Yes, I recall you guys saying that The Last Man On Earth, The Omega Man, and I Am Legend are something of a loose trilogy. I had planned to watch all three films in one shot after October sometime.

Today I picked up a few new blu-ray movies, Jaws for $10, Pandorum for $5, and then since it has been mentioned in here several times, I also bought Event Horizon for $10. I never saw Event Horizon before and it's probably a shame that I didn't see it while it was still new or fairly new, but it sounds as though it still holds up reasonably well now. I am going to try to watch it sooner rather than later, maybe even tonight after it gets dark outside. Otherwise I have another movie pulling at me, 1408. Either way, good times ahead!
Oh man, Event Horizon is so good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page