October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 386 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20931Likes

post #11551 of 30412 Old 10-16-2014, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 2152
I got in one movie last night and watched the Xmen movie this afternoon.

#22, Dark Mountain, Amazon Streaming...This kinda intrigued me because it was about the Superstition area of Arizona, so I gave it a watch. Premise basically opens up like The BlairWitch movie and the main character even jokes about it. These people are investigating the lost mine in on of the mountains and something finds them instead. This movie was ok but it was too much like the BlairWitch and when they shifted POV via different camera's, the girls phone was on a 'instagram type' font that really bugged me last night, dunno why but it did. I take more seriously the date/time motif on cameras to be more 'life like' than what these filmmakers did. Also the film had one too many alien/ghost/spirit situations that was never really fleshed out.2 Mountain Zombies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11552 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 12:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 7230 Post(s)
Liked: 16437
Watched The Stuff tonight and it was indeed good Stuff. I love the 80's. Seeing Abe Vigoda and the Wendy's lady "where's the Stuff!?" was classic.
GoCaboNow likes this.

post #11553 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 04:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 2623
Videodrome (1983) - "A sleazy cable-TV programmer begins to see his life and the future of media spin out of control in a very unusual fashion when he acquires a new kind of programming for his station."
I've seen this one before but that was a very long time ago. Last night's viewing left me a bit confused. I remembered it to be very good but now I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I liked it so much back then because that was about the time VCRs were starting to become popular. Or maybe it was because of a glimpse of a nude Deborah Harry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11554 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Videodrome (1983) - "A sleazy cable-TV programmer begins to see his life and the future of media spin out of control in a very unusual fashion when he acquires a new kind of programming for his station."
I've seen this one before but that was a very long time ago. Last night's viewing left me a bit confused. I remembered it to be very good but now I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I liked it so much back then because that was about the time VCRs were starting to become popular. Or maybe it was because of a glimpse of a nude Deborah Harry.

Debbie can have that affect on men. <3
GoCaboNow and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #11555 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

and women.
GoCaboNow, BornSlippyZ and Ken.F like this.
post #11556 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 583
I got home from work last night and promptly watched Insidious. All I can say is WOW, just WOW. Yes, it is guilty of some jump scares, that's true, but this movie did a very effective job of putting some real scares into me and this was amplified by effective use of music and sound effects. Even after the movie ended, I still found myself with goosebumps and raised hairs on my arms for a while afterwards. Very glad that I watched this in the total dark. I was surprised to read afterwards that the budget for this film was relatively small considering how good it is. For me, it is definitely a surprise hit in the scare department. The plot twist in the middle of the movie was also unexpected.
post #11557 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 3135 Post(s)
Liked: 4922
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mice View Post
I got home from work last night and promptly watched Insidious. All I can say is WOW, just WOW. Yes, it is guilty of some jump scares, that's true, but this movie did a very effective job of putting some real scares into me and this was amplified by effective use of music and sound effects. Even after the movie ended, I still found myself with goosebumps and raised hairs on my arms for a while afterwards. Very glad that I watched this in the total dark. I was surprised to read afterwards that the budget for this film was relatively small considering how good it is. For me, it is definitely a surprise hit in the scare department. The plot twist in the middle of the movie was also unexpected.
I like it a lot too. I also thought Sinister was very good.
Bob McLaughlin and GreySkies like this.
post #11558 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Is this the Jessica Biel movie? I couldn't stop thinking about that one for days after watching it.

No, not at all, Jessica Biel was not born yet when Phantasm came out, but she was definitely in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake!
post #11559 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 08:48 AM

37. Witching and Bitching. FTV. If you liked Lobos de Arga (Game of Werewolves) you'll probably like this super dark comedy horror. It's full of funny stuff and doesn't take itself to seriously.
post #11560 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Happy Friday! I'm becoming a party pooper in my old age. The new movies just aren't doing it for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intruder – Sam Raimi, Greg Nicotero efx and 80’s cheese with gore. THIS RIGHT HERE! A must see if you dig junk from the 80’s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See No Evil 2
– Horrible. The Soska twins failed. I expected more from the American Mary girls but this was just a campy waste of time and not even worth watching for gore, and that’s what those girls are known for! All of the good splatter was shown in B&W flashbacks from the first movie. Weaksauce.

WHY ARE SERIAL KILLERS SO F****ING BIG IN MOVIES NOWADAYS? Dear filmmakers: beef up your writing, get better actors and a director that can create an effective atmosphere. Then you won’t need to try and scare us with 7ft tall killers that Hulk smash everything. I’m lookin at you too, Rob Zombie!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You’re Next
– This should be called YOUR NEXT because it's so darn frustrating. Coulda been top notch material, I'm talking best of the 2010's but too many clichés. Rich white people making dumb decisions. LOVED the hero doing her best Dustin Hoffman impersonation. She rocked!

The masks: WHY?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cabin Fever Patient Zero
: OMG LENS FLARE! The director obviously went to the J.J. Abrams school of filmmaking. This flick surprisingly had a nice sized budget or at least it looked that way. The scenery, score and GORE were grade A. Soooo many ridiculously dumb moments you gotta laugh at. Would make for a fun movie at a group get together. Pass out barf bags beforehand.

There’s a scene with a gun that straight up defies physics. I almost fell out of my chair!
darthrsg, Sonyboy and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #11561 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 2152
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post
Happy Friday! I'm becoming a party pooper in my old age. The new movies just aren't doing it for me.

Intruder – Sam Raimi, Greg Nicotero efx and 80’s cheese with gore. THIS RIGHT HERE! A must see if you dig junk from the 80’s.

See No Evil 2
– Horrible. The Soska twins failed. I expected more from the American Mary girls but this was just a campy waste of time and not even worth watching for gore, and that’s what those girls are known for! All of the good splatter was shown in B&W flashbacks from the first movie. Weaksauce.

WHY ARE SERIAL KILLERS SO F****ING BIG IN MOVIES NOWADAYS? Dear filmmakers: beef up your writing, get better actors and a director that can create an effective atmosphere. Then you won’t need to try and scare us with 7ft tall killers that Hulk smash everything. I’m lookin at you too, Rob Zombie!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You’re Next
– This should be called YOUR NEXT because it's so darn frustrating. Coulda been top notch material, I'm talking best of the 2010's but too many clichés. Rich white people making dumb decisions. LOVED the hero doing her best Dustin Hoffman impersonation. She rocked!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cabin Fever Patient Zero
: OMG LENS FLARE! The director obviously went to the J.J. Abrams school of filmmaking. This flick surprisingly had a nice sized budget or at least it looked that way. The scenery, score and GORE were grade A. Soooo many ridiculously dumb moments you gotta laugh at. Would make for a fun movie at a group get together. Pass out barf bags beforehand.

There’s a scene with a gun that straight up defies physics. I almost fell out of my chair!
I agree with what you are saying with horror movies these days! Next year I think I am going to do all 'Classic Horror' movies!
wizzack likes this.
post #11562 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:

See No Evil 2

You’re Next

Cabin Fever Patient Zero

Can't really argue much of that but I did enjoy You're Next as a comedy.
Spoiler!
post #11563 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Quote:
Agreed! Viewed this for last years Octoberfest and had not seen in a long time. Not sure if I had ever really sat down for the whole thing before and I don't know if this aged so well? Funny how things progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
I got in one movie last night and watched the Xmen movie this afternoon.

#22, Dark Mountain, Amazon Streaming...This kinda intrigued me because it was about the Superstition area of Arizona, so I gave it a watch. Premise basically opens up like The BlairWitch movie and the main character even jokes about it. These people are investigating the lost mine in on of the mountains and something finds them instead. This movie was ok but it was too much like the BlairWitch and when they shifted POV via different camera's, the girls phone was on a 'instagram type' font that really bugged me last night, dunno why but it did. I take more seriously the date/time motif on cameras to be more 'life like' than what these filmmakers did. Also the film had one too many alien/ghost/spirit situations that was never really fleshed out.2 Mountain Zombies
I did Paranormal Activity, the marked ones last night. 2014 (FTV) It just didn't do anything for me. I thought I remembered some good reviews but just a lot of filler. Shots in the closet, shots in a empty bedroom. Pretty lame. On the good side, the actors were likable and started to remind me of Afflicted. The ending was pretty fun but not enough to salvage the prior 80 minutes. I wish found footage/video camera POV movies would go away.

This movie has -
A lot of someone holding a camera when they should be doing something else.

2.5 handy cam Zombies

The marked ones was soo lame I had to throw something else in to salvage the night. Friday the 13th Part VII - The New Blood 1988 (FTV) WOW, was this ever lame! Some of the wussiest kills, and I don't even think Jason was mad? But it was just so CHEESY I found myself embracing the lameness and horrendous 80's dialogue. I think All the Boys Love Mandy Lane copied the characters from this movie. Stereotypical bitch/snob girl, stoner guy, rich kid, nerdy girl and cool guy that has unfortunate past. Not to mention heroine with tortured past, with simple Mom and conniving doctor. What a CRACK UP. The kills were so lame and uninspired though. Little gore, so not sure how it got an R rating??

Favorite CHEESY lines -
-I've got a date with a soap on a rope!
-OK You big HUNK of a man, come and get me!
-You just don't turn me on. Really. But c'mon, at least I gave you a chance. You just didn't come through. Besides, I was kind of hoping Nick would come back and find you with me.

3 Cheesy Zombies

Cabo’s 2014Octoberfest movies

1- Dead before Dawn (FTV) .5 Pathetically Bad Zombies

2- Piranha 2010 4 Swimming Zombies

3- Screamers – the hunting (FTV) 3 Walking Dead, Laurie look alike Zombies

4- AFFLICTED (FTV) 2 One night standregretting Zombies

5- Eden Lake 3 pen knife wielding Zombies

6- GODZILLA 2000 (FTV) 3 Godzilla never gets old Zombies

7- Friday the 13th, Jason takes Manhattan (FTV) 3Kane Hodder Zombies

8- The Quiet Ones (FTV) 3 Zombies armed with hair pins

9- Brotherhood of the Wolf (FTV) 2.75 Frenchy Zombies

10- MIMIC 3.5 Zombie bugs

11- ROGUE 3.75 AussieZombies (FTV)

12- Hellbenders 2.5finger chomping Zombies (FTV)

13- Resident Evil 4.5Zombies with bad teeth

14- Grave Encounters(FTV) 3 rat eating Zombies

15- Under the Skin (FTV)3.5 uncircumcised Zombies

16- P Activity,the marked ones (FTV) 2.5 handycam Zombies

17- Friday the 13thVII The New Blood (FTV) 3 Cheesy Zombies
Sonyboy and wizzack like this.

RS600, 133" 2.8 HP Screen, Panasonic UB-900
Marantz, 7702MKII, Emotiva XPA-1, XPA-2, XPA-100's
7.2.4 with 4pi JBL LCR's, Athena 100 surrounds and 4x Volt 10lx ceiling speakers.
4x FI 18" IB subwoofage with Behringer EP400 amp
Fabric walls, fabric posters, fabric under soffets. No reflections!!
post #11564 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 10:00 AM

I blame this.

Spoiler!
GoCaboNow and BornSlippyZ like this.

Last edited by darthrsg; 10-17-2014 at 10:12 AM.
post #11565 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 1252
16. The Hand (FTV)
Michael Caine plays a cartoon artist who loses his hand in an accident, only to have it continue act on its own based on his angry and violent impulses. Directed by Oliver Stone in 1981, The Hand has been mostly villified and there's plenty to pick on here: the overall cheesiness of the concept, the obviously fake rubber robotic hand effects, the fact that it takes itself so darn seriously, and Caine's character's bratty, misogynistic manner. Despite this, I found myself often enjoying The Hand, in part due to Caine's off-kilter performance (he looks like a tough, angry Gene Wilder with that frizzy red hair), and as a curiosity from Oliver Stone's early years.

3 out of 5 stars.

Bob's October 2014 Horror Movie List
FTV denotes first time viewing
1. From Beyond The Grave (FTV) 3/5
2. Bad Dreams (FTV) 3.5/5
3. Bug (1975) (FTV) 2/5
4. The Sacrament (FTV) 3.5/5
5. The Funhouse (FTV) 4/5
6. The Atomic Submarine (FTV) 4/5
7. 13 Sins (FTV) 4/5
8. Tales from the Darkside: The Movie 3.5/5
9. Stir of Echoes 4.5/5
10. Dead Snow 3.5/5
11. The Hole (FTV) 4/5
12. Shivers (FTV) 3.5/5
13. Resolution (FTV) 4/5
14. Big Ass Spider! (FTV) 3/5
15. Jug Face (FTV) 2.5/5
16. The Hand (FTV) 3/5

wizzack and BornSlippyZ like this.

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #11566 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 10:26 AM

Read on Reddit that mapmakers include fake town names to catch copycats. It dawned on me that makes a great setup for horror flick. Lost travelers comparing maps see a town listed on one but not the other. They decide to go there. Evil ensues.
post #11567 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
I like it a lot too. I also thought Sinister was very good.
Insidious definitely had its moments, but to me, Sinister is the superior film.

Quote:

Hey, leave Zombie out of this. The guy from HOTC and TDR was nothing more than a freak. More gross than scary and not Hulk-like in any way. Michael Myers on the other hand definitely falls into the category you speak of, but how else can you realistically have a person survive gun shots and car wrecks if they aren't freakishly big!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

The marked ones was soo lame I had to throw something else in to salvage the night. Friday the 13th Part VII - The New Blood 1988 (FTV) WOW, was this ever lame! Some of the wussiest kills, and I don't even think Jason was mad? But it was just so CHEESY I found myself embracing the lameness and horrendous 80's dialogue. I think All the Boys Love Mandy Lane copied the characters from this movie. Stereotypical bitch/snob girl, stoner guy, rich kid, nerdy girl and cool guy that has unfortunate past. Not to mention heroine with tortured past, with simple Mom and conniving doctor. What a CRACK UP. The kills were so lame and uninspired though. Little gore, so not sure how it got an R rating??
I saw 13th Part VII as a teen and didn't like it then. As an adult, I highly doubt that I would reverse my opinion so I can't imagine that Mandy Lane is comparably bad. Sh*t, I enjoyed Mandy Lane.

Quote:
That's a long read there my friend....But there's definitely a lot of truth in it.
wizzack likes this.

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
post #11568 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Insidious definitely had its moments, but to me, Sinister is the superior film.

Sinister is actually the next movie on my list to watch! I originally bought it as a double-pack with Insidious last year. I will definitely try to get to it tonight!
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #11569 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
16. The Hand (FTV)
Michael Caine plays a cartoon artist who loses his hand in an accident...(he looks like a tough, angry Gene Wilder with that frizzy red hair...

YESSS! This is my face until I find a GOOD horror movie.
Quote:

See No Evil 2 – Horrible. The Soska twins failed. I expected more from the American Mary girls but this was just a campy waste of time and not even worth watching for gore, and that’s what those girls are known for! All of the good splatter was shown in B&W flashbacks from the first movie. Weaksauce.

You’re Next – This should be called YOUR NEXT because it's so darn frustrating. Coulda been top notch material, I'm talking best of the 2010's but too many clichés. Rich white people making dumb decisions. LOVED the hero doing her best Dustin Hoffman impersonation. She rocked!

Cabin Fever Patient Zero: OMG LENS FLARE! The director obviously went to the J.J. Abrams school of filmmaking. This flick surprisingly had a nice sized budget or at least it looked that way. The scenery, score and GORE were grade A. Soooo many ridiculously dumb moments you gotta laugh at. Would make for a fun movie at a group get together. Pass out barf bags beforehand.

Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
I agree with what you are saying with horror movies these days! Next year I think I am going to do all 'Classic Horror' movies!
I don't know if I can totally put my finger on it but there is a lack of substance to the horror in more contemporary stuff imo. Foreign stuff over the last 10 years seems a little more old school and intense to me.
Quote:

I saw 13th Part VII as a teen and didn't like it then. As an adult, I highly doubt that I would reverse my opinion so I can't imagine that Mandy Lane is comparably bad. Sh*t, I enjoyed Mandy Lane.
Lol, part VII would have really sucked to see as a teen! No payoff.

Mandy Lane was good enough to take the standard tropes and still make a solid flic. Miss Heard really reminded me of a young Jamie Lee Curtis.

7.2.4 with 4pi JBL LCR's, Athena 100 surrounds and 4x Volt 10lx ceiling speakers.
post #11570 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Can't really argue much of that but I did enjoy You're Next as a comedy.
Spoiler!

That part was hilarious! And only $30!

Quote:
Read on Reddit that mapmakers include fake town names to catch copycats. It dawned on me that makes a great setup for horror flick. Lost travelers comparing maps see a town listed on one but not the other. They decide to go there. Evil ensues.

I like where this is going (pun intended). That's a pretty cool trick!

And yes it's these damn millennials. They are ruining our movies, our workforce and now our sports. They must be stopped.
post #11571 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
16. The Hand (FTV)
Michael Caine plays a cartoon artist who loses his hand in an accident, only to have it continue act on its own based on his angry and violent impulses. Directed by Oliver Stone in 1981, The Hand has been mostly villified and there's plenty to pick on here: the overall cheesiness of the concept, the obviously fake rubber robotic hand effects, the fact that it takes itself so darn seriously, and Caine's character's bratty, misogynistic manner. Despite this, I found myself often enjoying The Hand, in part due to Caine's off-kilter performance (he looks like a tough, angry Gene Wilder with that frizzy red hair), and as a curiosity from Oliver Stone's early years.

3 out of 5 stars.

Never even heard of this. Great collection of screencaps. Must see!
Bob McLaughlin likes this.
post #11572 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 12:05 PM

Witching and Bitching is so much fun. Might be my favorite so far this month.
ApolloCreed likes this.
post #11573 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Favorite CHEESY lines -
-I've got a date with a soap on a rope!
-OK You big HUNK of a man, come and get me!
-You just don't turn me on. Really. But c'mon, at least I gave you a chance. You just didn't come through. Besides, I was kind of hoping Nick would come back and find you with me.

3 Cheesy Zombies

You're right it's probably the tamest one in the series. Heavily censored but that's some good cheese! Ha!
GoCaboNow likes this.
post #11574 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 7230 Post(s)
Liked: 16437
Quote:
YESSS! This is my face until I find a GOOD horror movie.

Lol!
Love the new avatar!

post #11575 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
I remember reading in Fangoria back at the time that this movie was hacked to bits by the MPAA. Specifically one of the scenes involving a power tool gutting the victim was extremely graphic in the original cut, with entrails spinning around and so they threatened the X rating, blah blah blah. I'm surprised we've never gotten an unrated re-release. Although I'll take a proper 3D release of the 3rd flick at the top of my F13 wishlist.
wizzack and BornSlippyZ like this.

XBox: King Nuthin
post #11576 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2409 Post(s)
Liked: 2044
It the "really weird" department is a little film on Netflix WI called "Mine Games" though once running the title popped up as "The Evil Inside". They may have been required to rename it as there is already a recently done movie of that title. It was shot in the Seattle area around North Bend, Enumclaw and Black Diamond, all my old stomping grounds. It's about some young folks who go out to spend a few days at a house in the woods and discover an old mine nearby. No zombies but supernatural stuff and the film will try to mess with your mind a bit with the story line. Three broken cycles.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #11577 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
I remember reading in Fangoria back at the time that this movie was hacked to bits by the MPAA. Specifically one of the scenes involving a power tool gutting the victim was extremely graphic in the original cut, with entrails spinning around and so they threatened the X rating, blah blah blah. I'm surprised we've never gotten an unrated re-release. Although I'll take a proper 3D release of the 3rd flick at the top of my F13 wishlist.

Nooooooo. Not another fan. I'm beginning to realize that I'm in the minority that Pt. 3 is one of the worst movies in history. For some reason, I looked it up on IMDB a few weeks ago (I think I wanted to know what year it came out) and I noticed that it had a 5.6 rating. I was stunned. I must be missing something. I really enjoy I, II and IV but I watched Pt. III a few Horrorfests ago and I was actually surprised at how much I hated it. As a kid, it was the coolest thing ever because it was 3D, but now........ I just couldn't find a single thing to like. I guess its just me...........

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
post #11578 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nooooooo. Not another fan. I'm beginning to realize that I'm in the minority that Pt. 3 is one of the worst movies in history. For some reason, I looked it up on IMDB a few weeks ago (I think I wanted to know what year it came out) and I noticed that it had a 5.6 rating. I was stunned. I must be missing something. I really enjoy I, II and IV but I watched Pt. III a few Horrorfests ago and I was actually surprised at how much I hated it. As a kid, it was the coolest thing ever because it was 3D, but now........ I just couldn't find a single thing to like. I guess its just me...........
Don't get me wrong, I rank 3 near the bottom of the pack. I do have some fond memories of being scared the bejeesus out of it as an 8 year old, but the only reason I'm inclined to watch now is if I can see it in proper 3D.

post #11579 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

14. Scanners (Hulu, FTV)
For some reason I'd never seen this classic all the way through. Not sure what needs to be said about it. I think the exploding head at the beginning is one of the more famous shots, and there really isn't much else gore until the finale, but great flick.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #11580 of 30412 Old 10-17-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
Funny. The scene with the power tool really stood out when I watched this last night. Was the only time Jason seemed really menacing and interesting. Though the sleeping bag slam reminded me of HULK slamming THOR around in DARTHRSG's favorite movie of all time - THE AVENGERS.

Last edited by GoCaboNow; 10-17-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page