Wizzack, excellent pics! Looks like so much fun, I'd love to do that one year!
My desk won second place by 1 vote! Total bs man, this other guy with some dressed up dollar store crap won. He blasted an email to the whole company with like 15 pictures of his cube before the voting ended... super lame but mine was legit and the people that came to visit were pretty stunned so it was fun.
I ended up with an annoying cough and so did my little girl so the weekend was a bit more mellow than we'd planned but I squeezed in Trick r Treat on Friday and Halloween (1978) last night. Well it's been a blast guys, guess that's all she wrote until next October.
Only 11 months to go! Here's my final list:1. Return of the Living Dead 1985 - Rating 3/5.
My first zombie movie as a kid, saw it when I was about 12 and to this day it is campy and fun. The wife didn't appreciate it but oh well. Friday night was a late start so we just got the one in.2. Man Bites Dog - Rating 3/5
- Interesting movie and very original.3. An American Werewolf in London - Rating 5/5
- My all time favorite werewolf movie, nothing else comes close in my book.4. Hostel - Rating 4/5
- I remember enjoying this one less the first time around but it was actually done very well.5. Amityville Horror (2005) - Rating 3/5
- I enjoyed this remake and like both the leads. I just got my bluray copy so it was nice to see and hear this in a way I hadn't before.6. In The Company of Wolves - Rating 4/5
- I'd never seen this before so wasn't sure what to expect but I found it to be very original with some excellent fx and creature creations for its time.7. Se7en - Rating 5/5.
And no I did not plan this it just ended up being what I reached for...weird. Ok, so maybe not a "horror" movie but it is a dark movie with psychologically disturbing content and some graphic images so I felt it was a good fit. I'd also been itching ti watch it since I got it on blu. 5/5, excellent film.8. Splice - Rating 1/5
- Terrible and stupid all in the same low budget looking CGI. Ejected after 40 minutes of rolling my eyes at the creature and the blond from Dawn of the Dead who was terrible in this.9. Nightmare on Elm St. (2010) - Rating 2/5
and that's generous. What a failed opportunity to add some new visuals to the dream world, up the gore factor, and add something fresh to the story... fail.10. The Midnight Meat Train - Rating 4/5.
Great cast, great gore, and although most complain about the end that was what sold this movie for me, never saw it coming.11. The Exorcist (1973) - Rating 5/5
- Amazing to me how well this holds up after almost 40 years. Truly creepy, shocking, and all around classic horror. First time viewing for 2 guests we had over... one left the room half way through. Great stuff!12. Dark Water (2002) - Rating 1/5
- What a stupid movie with good trailers.13. Frozen - Rating 4/5
. After you get past the stupid victims that don't have a shred of survival knowledge or even caught an episode of Bear Grylls it really delivers on the tension and suspense. Highly recommended!14. La Horde (The Horde) - Rating 2/5.
Pretty weak considering the quality of horro we've come to expect from the French.15. Suspiria - Rating 4/5
. High marks to this for amazing sets, use of colors and sound fx/music that combined create a fantastically creepy atmosphere for the film.16. Inferno - Rating 2/5
. This movie just did not do it for me. I really wanted to like it for all the reasons I love Suspiria but the acting was worse and I just couldn't get into it.17. Lake Mungo - Rating - 2/5.
The story was told well and it had some creepy moments but it just didn't deliver them hard enough towards the end to bring it to a proper climax.18. Creepshow - Rating 4/5.
Classic and campy I just love this movie, the music is great and the monster in the crate gave me nightmares when I saw this in the theater as a child.19. Rawhead Rex - Rating 3/5.
I really have no idea how I found this one but it's another that I kinda crew up with and it's really pretty cheesy but I'm a sucker for monster movies (especially the ones with no CGI) and at the time this one seemed to be pretty violent and had a few scares.20. Triangle - Rating 5/5.
This is just brilliant film making, no other way to put it.21. Sweeney Todd - Rating 5/5.
I love the music, the dark humor, the story, everything in this is just brilliant.22. Sick Nurses - Rating 1/5
. Pretty weak on story scares and gore.23. Night of the Creeps - Rating 3/5.
Fun movie with some humor and goof gore, I can see why it's a classin among so many.24.The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
- Rating 4/5. How ca you go wrong with "Gunny" then Biel with those jeans painted on, and a chainsaw massacre... what's not to love?25. Halloween (2007) - Rating 4/5
- Another case where I really enjoyed this remake, the added past was nice and the extra violence helped make Michael scary again IMO. Solid effort.26. The Shinning - Rating 5/5.
This is a little slow but was just crafted perfectly. This has been a classic in my house for many years, excellent stuff!.27. REC - Rating 4/5.
Not as original as Pontypool for the zombie genre but close and very very well done although I think I may have enjoyed the sequel even more.28. House of 1000 Corpses - Rating 4/5.
The only thing that holds this back for me is some of the terrible work done by Sheri Moon, other than that I loved this movie!29. Henry: Portrait of Serial Killer - Rating 4/5
. Great movie and a seemingly realistic look into the disturbing logic of a sick mind.30. The Devils Rejects - Rating 3/5
. Not a bad movie and pretty much what you'd expect to happen after HOATC but still fairly weak by comparison.31. 30 Days of Night - Rating 4/5.
This is probably my second favorite vampire movie, the aerial coverage of the attack on the town is a benchmark in horror cinematography and the PQ on the bluray is top notch!32. Trick r' Treat - Rating 5/5.
This is just a super fun movie that really captures the spirit of Halloween and I think I enjoyed it even more this year for my 2nd viewing.33. Halloween (1978) - Rating 5/5.
Not much new can be said about this classic, it's a benchmark in the slasher genre and a must watch for October.