October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 962 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17488Likes

post #28831 of 29116 Old 05-26-2019, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2055
Hey guys!! Sorry it’s been a while and I think my life (lol) is settling down! Got the rental home cleaned and moved out into my new home! I got my system set up to Dolby Atmos 5.4.3! I am pretty happy with it so far!

As far as horror goes I bought the Hills Have Eyes on blu and Hardcore Henry (not really horror but lots of blood!) and watched John Wick 3 yesterday!

Good to see the thread is still chugging along! I also can’t wait to see the new Child’s Play, IT2 (yummy Chastain!)and Three From Hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28832 of 29116 Old 05-26-2019, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
I'm glad GoT exists. We don't exactly have a ton of choices in the fantasy genre. That said there will probably be an onslaught of content that won't be equal, according to "internet fans" and be slammed so much they'll get cancelled.

I can already hear the reeeeeeeeeeee over Amazon and LotR series. I saw Sam Raimi was doing the Kingkiller (Name of the Wind) movie and that series is getting a TV show as well. I say bring it on.

I enjoyed the Legend of the Seeker series as well but we're it to launch this month it'd be panned so hard. I'm so tired of capes I'm ready for a shift into another genre. There's enough fantasy books in several series that could do a cinematic universe justice.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Agreed!
Binging GOT while going thru stuff was pretty awesome! I liked the last season and I think folks just want more! I don’t mind capes but I want to see more stuff like GOT being produced!

tenthplanet and RobKnapp like this.
post #28833 of 29116 Old 05-26-2019, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2946 Post(s)
Liked: 4346
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Agreed!
Binging GOT while going thru stuff was pretty awesome! I liked the last season and I think folks just want more! I don’t mind capes but I want to see more stuff like GOT being produced!

More for sure and hopefully not YA.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
tenthplanet and BornSlippyZ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28834 of 29116 Old 05-26-2019, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 760
Quote:
Hey guys!! Sorry it’s been a while and I think my life (lol) is settling down! Got the rental home cleaned and moved out into my new home! I got my system set up to Dolby Atmos 5.4.3! I am pretty happy with it so far!

As far as horror goes I bought the Hills Have Eyes on blu and Hardcore Henry (not really horror but lots of blood!) and watched John Wick 3 yesterday!

Good to see the thread is still chugging along! I also can’t wait to see the new Child’s Play, IT2 (yummy Chastain!)and Three From Hell!

This has nothing to do with this thread . But maybe you may take interest or some one else. I went to collage in Minneapolis.
I love the Women's College World Series . I have been watching it for 25 years.

Minnesota Golden Gophers defeated the LSU Tigers 3-0 to advance to the 2019 Women's College World Series for the first time ever. It was one hell of a softball game. I will be rooting for Minnesota Golden Gophers . .

The 2019 Women’s College World Series starts Thursday, May 30 with play lasting through June 4/5. On ESPN & ESPN 2 It will be played in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for the 23rd consecutive season and 29th time in the past 30 years.

I have to purchase 3D Blu-Rays from UK , Japan , France , Germany ect . It is hard to find 3D in the USA. My mail call arrived on Saturday from London.

Saw 3D: The Final Chapter (2010) 2D-3D Blu-Ray---Stream on iTunes

Saw 3D was crazy, some of the most frenetic, surreal death scenes in the entire series, ultra-ultraviolent sendoff to an ultraviolent series .

Vision: Man Cave: XBR-65" Sony Z9D HDR 3-D Bedroom: Sony KDL- 65" W850A 3-D
Sound: Denon AVR-X4500H Front: Klipsch Epic CF-4 Rear: Klipsch Epic CF-2 Center: Klipsch KV-4 SuB: Klipsch KSW-15
Smarts: Sony UBP-X700 4K 3-D Player Dolby Vision, AppleTV-4K , PS4 , PS3 , XBOX 360 , Wii , Monster Power HTS3600 MKII

Last edited by RobKnapp; 05-27-2019 at 09:08 AM.
post #28835 of 29116 Old 05-27-2019, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2312 Post(s)
Liked: 1795
I watched "Rim of the World" last night on Netflix. Fun movie and very "camp." I seen articles bashing it as I guess they wanted another tentpole movie or something more "adult".
Followed it with the first episode of season 3 of "Slasher" which just became available on Netflix.
Weird weather pattern in the US with part of the country baking while the west coast is cold.
BornSlippyZ and RobKnapp like this.
post #28836 of 29116 Old 05-27-2019, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKnapp View Post
This has nothing to do with this thread . But maybe you may take interest or some one else. I went to collage in Minneapolis.

Minnesota Golden Gophers defeated the LSU Tigers 3-0 to advance to the 2019 Women's College World Series for the first time ever. It was one hell of a softball game. I will be rooting for Minnesota Golden Gophers . .

The 2019 Women’s College World Series starts Thursday, May 30 with play lasting through June 4/5. On ESPN & ESPN 2 It will be played in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for the 23rd consecutive season and 29th time in the past 30 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tscKOL8Xj_4

I have to purchase 3D Blu-Rays from UK , Japan , France , Germany ect . It is hard to find 3D in the USA. My mail call arrived on Saturday from London.

Saw 3D: The Final Chapter (2010) 2D-3D Blu-Ray---Stream on iTunes

Saw 3D was crazy, some of the most frenetic, surreal death scenes in the entire series, ultra-ultraviolent sendoff to an ultraviolent series .

Yeah I saw that and now they gotta play UCLA! I am originally from CA but I really like living here in Mn! A great place to raise my two kiddos! I do visit CA, in fact I am going for a weekend next month.

post #28837 of 29116 Old 05-27-2019, 10:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2033 Post(s)
Liked: 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I watched "Rim of the World" last night on Netflix. Fun movie and very "camp." I seen articles bashing it as I guess they wanted another tentpole movie or something more "adult".
Followed it with the first episode of season 3 of "Slasher" which just became available on Netflix.
Weird weather pattern in the US with part of the country baking while the west coast is cold.
We'll bake soon enough, but it will be dry heat. 95 degrees and 10 % humidity can feel pretty good. I've been where 80 degrees and 60 percent humidity can feel like __________ (profanities redacted ). And mosqitos __________ _______ (profanities redacted).
RobKnapp likes this.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #28838 of 29116 Old 05-28-2019, 06:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
We'll bake soon enough, but it will be dry heat. 95 degrees and 10 % humidity can feel pretty good. I've been where 80 degrees and 60 percent humidity can feel like __________ (profanities redacted ). And mosqitos __________ _______ (profanities redacted).
I was born and raised in SC, lived in MS and MO three years each, and currently reside in northern NJ. People up here complain about humidity, and I have to just laugh. I tell them to visit Louisiana in July and get back to me. We visited some friends in Phoenix in early September last year, and that definitely confirmed the whole humidity thing for sure. It was in the mid to upper 90s and definitely hot, but without the humidity, it is actually kinda bearable. However, I do absolutely hate hot weather regardless of moisture levels in the air. I'm still looking at places like Montreal or parts thereabouts and saying with saucy eyes, "how you doin?" Of course, adding to my self-inflicted curse, I would love to be able to look out a window and see the ocean some day. Newfoundland it is!

Anywho, not really horror but certainly horrific, Chernobyl has been quite engaging. So well made with attention to detail and just capturing what went down. I've always been curious about it as a subject, and it just does so well in creating dread and uneasy feelings. Just something about knowing, as an audience, "wow, all these people are going to die, and they have no idea." It is gut wrenching.

Totally off-topic but binged Fleabag entirely in one evening. That show was pretty amazing. Absolutely loved the main character (Phoebe Waller-Bridge), and Andrew Scott playing the priest was fantastic. Already loved him from his portrayal of Moriarty in Sherlock, and he does an amazing job with this. Need to look into his work more...
post #28839 of 29116 Old 05-28-2019, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm halfway through the third season of "Slasher" on Netflix. I can't recall the first two seasons but I don't think I'll forget this one. The Druid slasher is way over the top.
post #28840 of 29116 Old 05-28-2019, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1933 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Ticket bought for a May 31 showing of Godzilla: King of the Monsters in Dolby Cinema. Super excited.
post #28841 of 29116 Old 05-28-2019, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
NOS4A2 series premiere - Sunday June 2nd on AMC.
https://www.amc.com/shows/nos4a2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhKGbXBgTMI
Yep, I've been seeing the trailers for this. Looks pretty tasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKnapp View Post

Quote:
Yeah I saw that and now they gotta play UCLA! I am originally from CA but I really like living here in Mn! A great place to raise my two kiddos! I do visit CA, in fact I am going for a weekend next month.

We have a strange percentage of MN folks on here. Just got back from a last minute trek to the State Fairgrounds for Soundset 2019. Good times boys!!

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
post #28842 of 29116 Old 05-28-2019, 08:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I saw the trailer and a making of video for Childs Play, imagine a Skynet type of AI as a source of evil. Or is it ?.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #28843 of 29116 Old 05-28-2019, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6874 Post(s)
Liked: 15464
Quote:
I saw the trailer and a making of video for Childs Play, imagine a Skynet type of AI as a source of evil. Or is it ?.
The Google overlords say hold my beer.

Last edited by Waboman; 05-28-2019 at 10:05 PM.
post #28844 of 29116 Old 05-29-2019, 04:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I sometimes complain about MN humidity but I also lived in Charleston SC back in the 90’s and yeah that is humid! Especially working on airplanes all day lol!

Yeah that Chernobyl series is great! Really messed up stuff happened and I felt bad for all those people that had to work around it!

post #28845 of 29116 Old 05-29-2019, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I binged last night the back 4 episodes of "Slasher" season 3. Well worth the watch but warning this is one of the grisliness series I've seen. Not for the queasy (or do we have any of those here?)
RobKnapp likes this.
post #28846 of 29116 Old 05-29-2019, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
The Google overlords say hold my beer.
THO: "Google is evil let me hold your beer for you. "

post #28847 of 29116 Old 05-29-2019, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

From the weird things you can't make up dept. Being the new Child Plays's is coming, I put this search in Google. "little girls like lifesized dolls boys are creeped out" Here is one the images that came up... Search engines are interesting sometimes..

See below..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	annabelle-raggedy-ann-creepy-doll-web-resize.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	2573262  

post #28848 of 29116 Old 05-29-2019, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I binged last night the back 4 episodes of "Slasher" season 3. Well worth the watch but warning this is one of the grisliness series I've seen. Not for the queasy (or do we have any of those here?)
"Is anyone queasy in this thread ?"/ No Sensei/ "Repeat"/ No Sensei/ "Good..Dismissed! "/ Yes, Sensei !

post #28849 of 29116 Old 05-30-2019, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 760
The Wandering Earth (2019) Netflix

Sci-fi epic earns its thrills with exciting set pieces and dazzling special effects.
The Wandering Earth is a Chinese science-fiction blockbuster based upon the critically acclaimed novella of the same name by award-winning author Liu Cixin. The movie convinces with stunning visual and sound effects that bring a dystopian world to live. The action sequences are intense. The acting performances are solid enough to make you care about the fates of the characters until the spectacular ending.

Vision: Man Cave: XBR-65" Sony Z9D HDR 3-D Bedroom: Sony KDL- 65" W850A 3-D
Sound: Denon AVR-X4500H Front: Klipsch Epic CF-4 Rear: Klipsch Epic CF-2 Center: Klipsch KV-4 SuB: Klipsch KSW-15
Smarts: Sony UBP-X700 4K 3-D Player Dolby Vision, AppleTV-4K , PS4 , PS3 , XBOX 360 , Wii , Monster Power HTS3600 MKII
post #28850 of 29116 Old 05-30-2019, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
"Is anyone queasy in this thread ?"/ No Sensei/ "Repeat"/ No Sensei/ "Good..Dismissed! "/ Yes, Sensei !
I read an article yesterday about how people were getting sick watching "The Perfection" on Netflix, so I was compelled to watch it last night. Needless to say the crowd that was getting sick never watch the movies we watch here.
post #28851 of 29116 Old 05-30-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1933 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Watched The Curse of La Llorona yesterday. Save for some typical jump scares, I thought the movie was not bad. Had good imagery and was shot well. Good sound mix too (these Conjuring universe movies tend to always have bombastic sound mixes).
post #28852 of 29116 Old 05-30-2019, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 980
A little off-topic, but this is the only thread I really post to any more...

I finally got around to building my movie collection shelves. I wanted to use all of the space so I custom built my own shelves using zinc L-brackets and pine boards. To future-proof it I built in lots of extra space to grow. I also installed track lighting to improve the lighting and also to make it a bit reminiscent of movie spotlights.

Next I want to build some pine bookends to keep the DVDs on the ends upright instead of leaning them inward.

ADU, yankeeman, darthrsg and 5 others like this.

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #28853 of 29116 Old 05-30-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

I finally got around to building my movie collection shelves. I wanted to use all of the space so I custom built my own shelves using zinc L-brackets and pine boards. To future-proof it I built in lots of extra space to grow. I also installed track lighting to improve the lighting and also to make it a bit reminiscent of movie spotlights.

Next I want to build some pine bookends to keep the DVDs on the ends upright instead of leaning them inward.
Gorgeous! Fantastic job! Life goals...

I watched this recently. This is really long, but the way this guy has his room designed around all of his movies and memorabilia is just next level. Granted, he has a lot of movies that are just not so great, like, he's a completist to a neurotic level, but I have to respect the design of it all.

post #28854 of 29116 Old 05-30-2019, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6874 Post(s)
Liked: 15464
Quote:

Spoiler!
Wow! Floor to ceiling movie shelving. Looks great. Well done. sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben23 View Post

I watched this recently. This is really long, but the way this guy has his room designed around all of his movies and memorabilia is just next level. Granted, he has a lot of movies that are just not so great, like, he's a completist to a neurotic level, but I have to respect the design of it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnAvPpBpROI

post #28855 of 29116 Old 05-30-2019, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I read an article yesterday about how people were getting sick watching "The Perfection" on Netflix, so I was compelled to watch it last night. Needless to say the crowd that was getting sick never watch the movies we watch here.
It's always the weak ones, first 'Cloverfield' made them sick.
Brian Conrad likes this.

post #28856 of 29116 Old 05-30-2019, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

[QUOTE=Bob McLaughlin;58119360]A little off-topic, but this is the only thread I really post to any more...

/QUOTE]
Very nice Some nice titles in there too. You almost have to build your own storage, most storage units and furniture are just too deep. Oh the beer drinking deer likes it too THO: "Hey ! " THO drinks..."Nice one Bob..I approve "
Bob McLaughlin and Ben23 like this.

post #28857 of 29116 Old 05-30-2019, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben23 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnAvPpBpROI
I can see it now...The Predators Lair home theater..Hey why not ?
Ben23 likes this.

post #28858 of 29116 Old 05-31-2019, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2214 Post(s)
Liked: 2422
Quote:
Horse head bookends?

Bob McLaughlin likes this.
post #28859 of 29116 Old 05-31-2019, 10:23 AM

Those posters kick butt!!!
post #28860 of 29116 Old 05-31-2019, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

So how many of those movies have you watched more than once? Hollywood loves ya!

I've been thinking of boxing up most of my DVD collection. BD's and my 3 UHDs may stay on the shelf however.

"A Breathe Away" is a French apocalyptic movie available on Hulu. The premise is that a fog overtakes Paris killing most of the population except for those who are able to get above the fog. Tres interresante!
Bob McLaughlin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page