October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 971 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17598Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #29101 of 29223 Old 07-15-2019, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
Last night I decided to go watch a movie on Shudder. I was confronted with a login request again on the Roku app. I'm wondering if they're getting their programmers out of a Cracker Jacks box? I can't recall once logged in ever being requested to log in again on the Roku. So they had the "code" option. I don't keep my computers up 24/7 so fired up this one to go to the Shudder app. Maybe Shudder was just plain down because clicking on Account didn't do anything (works today). Not only that you can't find the Activate link on the page like all the other services have. I like the concept of Shudder but the implementation is weak and probably budget starved by AMC execs.


So back to Amazon and watched "A Hole in the Ground" which is a Finnish production paid for by Ireland and using Irish actors (sez subtitles but you won't need them). Confused enough? Anyway it was really a horror supernatural tale, well done and plenty of horror in the last half hour so well worth a watch. Plot: woman who thinks her son who disappeared in the woods and then reappeared is an imposter.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #29102 of 29223 Old 07-15-2019, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 5,870
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2047 Post(s)
Liked: 2883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben23 View Post
Yeah, I wrote a bit more over there. I'm just doing a little light trolling here...
Mysterio is that you ?
Ben23 likes this.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
tenthplanet is offline  
post #29103 of 29223 Old 07-16-2019, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
OK, Shudder came back up without a login prompt yesterday so I suppose they were actually down Sunday night. Maybe they need to fix an alert for that rather than ask for a login again. It would be funny if Joe Bob crashed them for a second rerunning the marathon as an anniversary thing.
tenthplanet and RobKnapp like this.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #29104 of 29223 Old 07-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Senior Member
 
RobKnapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Prime Day Horror: for October

Not sure these are all the best deals on the W.W.W. but I bought them any way for October watchathon .

Candyman : Collector's Edition 20% 0ff New

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Pyewacket 20% off New

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Wildling 20% off New

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Revenge 20% Off New , Lossless (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Hereditary: Ultra HD 20% off New , HDR: Dolby Vision + HDR10 (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1)

https://www.amazon.com/Hereditary-Bl...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Killing Eve: S1 (BD) 20% off

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
tenthplanet likes this.

Vision: Man Cave: XBR-65" Sony Z9D HDR 3-D Bedroom: Sony KDL- 65" W850A 3-D
Sound: Denon AVR-X4500H Front: Klipsch Epic CF-4 Rear: Klipsch Epic CF-2 Center: Klipsch KV-4 SuB: Klipsch KSW-15
Smarts: Sony UBP-X700 4K 3-D Player Dolby Vision, AppleTV-4K , PS4 , PS3 , XBOX 360 , Wii , Monster Power HTS3600 MKII

Last edited by RobKnapp; 07-16-2019 at 07:13 PM.
RobKnapp is offline  
post #29105 of 29223 Old 07-17-2019, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
^^^ I checked some of the prices on Prime but particularly for "Captive State" which is still high priced for rental. At the box it is only available DVD (yuck!). Currently the most popular video on Prime (according to Instantwatcher) is "Obamaland", a satire which I watched a few minutes of last night. Interesting idea but the script could have used some work.


Got around to finishing off "Lifeforce". Watched the first episode of "Hanna" which reunites the two actors from the US version of "The Killing". Well worth a watch.


Too bad the UHD BD spec only allows HEVC for 4K. If it had included VP9 I think a lot of indies including those who do horror films would have released titles UHD BD. I think that alone is probably the biggest reason for the decline in the UHD BD market since the HEVC group charges a royalty for it on physical media but not streaming. Sort of monopolistic. VP9 (by Google) is open source no royalty. In comparison a wide variety codecs may be used for HD BD.
RobKnapp likes this.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #29106 of 29223 Old 07-19-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
Not horror but looks like it could be a strong movie.









Also this 8 looks interesting.


tenthplanet, RobKnapp and Ben23 like this.
darthrsg is offline  
post #29107 of 29223 Old 07-19-2019, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 4,206
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1946 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Watched Hellboy (2019). Didn't think it was as bad as the critics/Internet said. Kinda enjoyed the last 1/3 of the movie too. Sound mix was awesome though and the bass was some serious stuff. Can't remember if I watched the other Hellboy movies.
tenthplanet likes this.
Kain is offline  
post #29108 of 29223 Old 07-19-2019, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
Dem Jets in Top Gun 2....VROOOOOOOOOOOOOM
tenthplanet likes this.
darthrsg is offline  
post #29109 of 29223 Old 07-19-2019, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 5,870
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2047 Post(s)
Liked: 2883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Watched Hellboy (2019). Didn't think it was as bad as the critics/Internet said. Kinda enjoyed the last 1/3 of the movie too. Sound mix was awesome though and the bass was some serious stuff. Can't remember if I watched the other Hellboy movies.
Going by what I saw in the final trailer I would totally put in this the October pile.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
tenthplanet is offline  
post #29110 of 29223 Old 07-19-2019, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
It is getting close to start the October pile. I've been avoiding horror for the most part, I have no clue what's out there this year. Crawl looks strong, IT2, Midsommar, I finally caught the new Suspiria, didn't hate it but wasn't blown away either. The Pet Semetary remake blew giant chunks. I'm hoping there's some nice gems out there for this year.
Ben23 likes this.
darthrsg is offline  
post #29111 of 29223 Old 07-20-2019, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
^^^ With Shudder you should have a lot to choose from but they've been slow this move with new additions. The execs probably thinks nobody watches during the summer.


I finished "Hanna" on Amazon. Great recommendation, Rob. "The Librarians" has dropped on Hulu so started it. With series to watch there has been less movie watching.
darthrsg and RobKnapp like this.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #29112 of 29223 Old 07-21-2019, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
BezosNet is dropping Expanse S4 in December. Hype intensifies.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
darthrsg is offline  
post #29113 of 29223 Old 07-21-2019, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
^^^ With Shudder you should have a lot to choose from but they've been slow this move with new additions. The execs probably thinks nobody watches during the summer.


I finished "Hanna" on Amazon. Great recommendation, Rob. "The Librarians" has dropped on Hulu so started it. With series to watch there has been less movie watching.
Yeah. Haven't looked it beyond a few Joe Bob segments. Maybe my October will be exclusively Shudder.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
darthrsg is offline  
post #29114 of 29223 Old 07-21-2019, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Yeah. Haven't looked it beyond a few Joe Bob segments. Maybe my October will be exclusively Shudder.
I don't think there is going to be much of a dearth of horror titles come fall. It seemed last year that distributors were finding a good time to drop horror releases when they seemed to be oblivious to the idea prior years.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #29115 of 29223 Old 07-21-2019, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
Last year's Halloween sequel is getting some sequels.


Halloween Kills will come out Oct. 16, 2020, while Halloween Ends is out Oct. 15, 2021.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
tenthplanet likes this.
darthrsg is offline  
post #29116 of 29223 Old 07-22-2019, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
"Deadtectives" (Shudder) is quite a fun horror comedy. It's well done and has some funny bits. Four tamales.
tenthplanet likes this.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #29117 of 29223 Old 07-22-2019, 10:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 990
I watched "The Meg" on my phone on a coast-to-coast airplane flight, and it was still entertaining. Go figure.

The latest trailer for It Chapter 2 looks promising.
RobKnapp likes this.

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
Bob McLaughlin is offline  
post #29118 of 29223 Old 07-23-2019, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
I watched "The Meg" on my phone on a coast-to-coast airplane flight, and it was still entertaining. Go figure.
I have a 7" tablet here that features Dolby Atmos. Not sure what that brings to such a device.


You all probably have seen it but I watched "Alien Code" on Amazon last night. It's another "smart" sci-fi film.


Might have to watch a second time to get the whole, "time, space, humans" stuff towards the end.
Bob McLaughlin and RobKnapp like this.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #29119 of 29223 Old 07-23-2019, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,619
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1912 Post(s)
Liked: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Last year's Halloween sequel is getting some sequels.


Halloween Kills will come out Oct. 16, 2020, while Halloween Ends is out Oct. 15, 2021.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Those are some weird movie titles.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Samsung PN F8500 60'' TV, Denon AVR X4200W, Onkyo TX SR805, Parasound HCA 1500A, SVS Prime Towers and Center, SVS Prime satellites, Proficient Surrounds, Duo Kreisel DXD subs, PSA S3000i sub, Oppo 103D player, Panamax M5300 PM, Monster HTR 3600
asere is offline  
post #29120 of 29223 Old 07-23-2019, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I have a 7" tablet here that features Dolby Atmos. Not sure what that brings to such a device.


You all probably have seen it but I watched "Alien Code" on Amazon last night. It's another "smart" sci-fi film.
https://youtu.be/GOgQLeThJMA


Might have to watch a second time to get the whole, "time, space, humans" stuff towards the end.
That Atmos is most likely for the headphones. The app on Win10 has a section just for that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
darthrsg is offline  
post #29121 of 29223 Old 07-23-2019, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 5,449
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2238 Post(s)
Liked: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
That Atmos is most likely for the headphones. The app on Win10 has a section just for that.
Most of my headphone speakers are burned out. I only get 2-channel stereo from them. Weird.
Ken.F is offline  
post #29122 of 29223 Old 07-23-2019, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Most of my headphone speakers are burned out. I only get 2-channel stereo from them. Weird.
I have to believe Atmos over headphones is some processor trickery but it's in the Dolby Access app. 14.99 for up to ten devices, any set of headphones. So it says. I had to install it to get my PC to cooperate. It would do 7.1 natively but now you can switch it to Atmos. I was playing around with some old speakers for the height ones, I got a decent effect placing them on top of the L/R and aiming at the ceiling but it looked horrible.




I'm set on completing this set of Klipsch Reference speakers now. Time for some floor standers.
tenthplanet and Ken.F like this.
darthrsg is offline  
post #29123 of 29223 Old 07-24-2019, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
RIP Rutger Hauer.


Ladyhawke, Blade Runner, Split Second, Surviving the Game, Hobo With A Shotgun, The Hitcher, Blind Fury, are all very good movies.





Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
tenthplanet and Ben23 like this.

Last edited by darthrsg; 07-24-2019 at 11:18 AM.
darthrsg is offline  
post #29124 of 29223 Old 07-24-2019, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
I have to believe Atmos over headphones is some processor trickery but it's in the Dolby Access app. 14.99 for up to ten devices, any set of headphones. So it says. I had to install it to get my PC to cooperate. It would do 7.1 natively but now you can switch it to Atmos. I was playing around with some old speakers for the height ones, I got a decent effect placing them on top of the L/R and aiming at the ceiling but it looked horrible.
Back in the 1990s the sound card companies developed a way of surround just using two speakers based on the way our ears work. The "trickery" is most likely based on this. I also have inexpensive video editing from over 10 years ago that could take a stereo track and turning it into surround. I'm betting such plugins are often used to make 5.1 audio for TV shows and not that much actual sound design going on.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #29125 of 29223 Old 07-24-2019, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 12,927
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Back in the 1990s the sound card companies developed a way of surround just using two speakers based on the way our ears work. The "trickery" is most likely based on this. I also have inexpensive video editing from over 10 years ago that could take a stereo track and turning it into surround. I'm betting such plugins are often used to make 5.1 audio for TV shows and not that much actual sound design going on.
Yep.
darthrsg is offline  
post #29126 of 29223 Old 07-25-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Yep.
I should also mention that that surround authoring in the software also allowed for sound placement. A fun test was to take a helicopter sound and have it move from the surrounds to the front like it was flying overhead.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #29127 of 29223 Old 07-25-2019, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 5,449
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2238 Post(s)
Liked: 2458
"Killer Fish Week" starts Sunday, July 28th on ShoutFactoryTV


Last year, Shout! Factory TV brought you Piranhathon!, but this Summer we’re going BIGGER! On July 28th at 4pm PT, join us for the start of Killer Fish Week: 7 Nights Of Underwater Terror. Every day of the week, we’re bringing you a swarm of double features flooded with vicious sea monsters. You can escape their wrath on your sofa watching films like Barracuda, Sharktopus Vs. Whalewolf, Killer Fish: Deadly Treasure Of The Piranha, Piranhaconda, and others!


RobKnapp and Ben23 like this.
Ken.F is offline  
post #29128 of 29223 Old 07-25-2019, 04:06 PM
Senior Member
 
RobKnapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Watched the first episode of "Hanna" which reunites the two actors from the US version of "The Killing". Well worth a watch.
Thank you Sir . Not sure where I was in 2011 to miss this excellent TV series....Good tip.

The Killing Prime Video

THE KILLING left me breathless after I watched all four seasons . Based in Seattle, the series revolves around Detectives Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) , two police officers with personal baggage. They are driven and obsessed when confronted with ugly, dark crimes.The production is nearly flawless. Everything from the haunting background music to the use of weather as metaphor is perfection. The acting is superb. The topics are timely and relevant. This is nitty gritty policework performed by many flawed characters. It makes you wallow in the mud with the characters, encouraging you to feel all the frustration and confusion that they feel. The stories are so complex that I had to pay close attention. I was emotionally exhausted by the end. I highly recommend it.

tenthplanet likes this.

Vision: Man Cave: XBR-65" Sony Z9D HDR 3-D Bedroom: Sony KDL- 65" W850A 3-D
Sound: Denon AVR-X4500H Front: Klipsch Epic CF-4 Rear: Klipsch Epic CF-2 Center: Klipsch KV-4 SuB: Klipsch KSW-15
Smarts: Sony UBP-X700 4K 3-D Player Dolby Vision, AppleTV-4K , PS4 , PS3 , XBOX 360 , Wii , Monster Power HTS3600 MKII
RobKnapp is offline  
post #29129 of 29223 Old 07-25-2019, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 8,113
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKnapp View Post
Thank you Sir . Not sure where I was in 2011 to miss this excellent TV series....Good tip.

The Killing Prime Video

THE KILLING left me breathless after I watched all four seasons . Based in Seattle, the series revolves around Detectives Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) , two police officers with personal baggage. They are driven and obsessed when confronted with ugly, dark crimes.The production is nearly flawless. Everything from the haunting background music to the use of weather as metaphor is perfection. The acting is superb. The topics are timely and relevant. This is nitty gritty policework performed by many flawed characters. It makes you wallow in the mud with the characters, encouraging you to feel all the frustration and confusion that they feel. The stories are so complex that I had to pay close attention. I was emotionally exhausted by the end. I highly recommend it.
Given that I lived many years in the Seattle area, there is NO Elliot Bay Prison!


Not to mention a few other things they got wrong about the area. They should have sent the writers south down to Seattle for a week or two for orientation. And then we have "The InBetween" which has actual locations mentioned but they don't look like it.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #29130 of 29223 Old 07-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
 
RobKnapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Given that I lived many years in the Seattle area, there is NO Elliot Bay Prison!


Not to mention a few other things they got wrong about the area. They should have sent the writers south down to Seattle for a week or two for orientation. And then we have "The InBetween" which has actual locations mentioned but they don't look like it.
I lived in Seattle in 1986-89 during my "Grunge-Rock" phase. Not the most sober part of my life. I don't remember s.h.i.t. I do vividly recall the mosh pit's of seeing Nirvana ,Soundgarden ,Alice in Chains ,Smashing Pumpkins, Pear Jam live many times.

Most of the Seattle shots were filmed over head of the City skyline and of Puget Sound and inserted .
The series is filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, with some scenes in season two filmed in Coquitlam, British Columbia, at Riverview Hospital. Production began on the pilot episode on December 2, 2010.

Needless to say despite of its geographical inaccuracies. The Killing is first rate programming.


Vision: Man Cave: XBR-65" Sony Z9D HDR 3-D Bedroom: Sony KDL- 65" W850A 3-D
Sound: Denon AVR-X4500H Front: Klipsch Epic CF-4 Rear: Klipsch Epic CF-2 Center: Klipsch KV-4 SuB: Klipsch KSW-15
Smarts: Sony UBP-X700 4K 3-D Player Dolby Vision, AppleTV-4K , PS4 , PS3 , XBOX 360 , Wii , Monster Power HTS3600 MKII
RobKnapp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off