Originally Posted by Morpheo
what does the .4 stand for? I have to buy more cables again?
1. You need four new speakers. If you don't have spare ones you'll have to buy them (with money).
2. You need more speaker wires; enough so that they can go from your Atmos unit to them four overhead speakers in/on your ceiling ($).
3. You need a new Dolby Atmos receiver (or Atmos pre/pro). It goes from roughly $600 (Onkyo budget receiver) to $4,000 (Marantz pre/pro: 8802).
4. You need the permission. ...Of your better half (wife or/and girlfriends).
5. You need Dolby Atmos Blu-ray discs (software). ...There are only 3-4 titles right now, and not from the best films around (true film value).
6. But! For now you can use the DSU (Dolby Surround Upmixer), which is a pretty good rendition of 3D elevated (spatial) sound.
♦ So, all in all, more or less, you have to check your bank account, and see if you can spare between about a thou to $10,000 ... depending of how many kids in your household you have to feed and please @ Christmas. ...Plus your job promotion and Christmas cheque bonus. ...If any @ all.
* I was going to see 'Interstellar' yesterday @ one on my local IMAX theaters (faked one), but we had to cancel due to heavy rain and fog.
Perhaps this weekend, if time and weather on our side.
And then, I'll go see it again (if it's good), but this time @ my real local IMAX theater (70mm). ...Royal BC Museum in Victoria.
And then, when comes the Blu-ray I will buy it. So that I can compare in the comfort of my home, @ the volume level of my choice.
P.S. If you have any more questions, any type, please feel free to ask again.