Blade Runner 2049 - In Theaters 10/6/17 - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 352Likes

post #631 of 633 Old 05-11-2018, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4998 Post(s)
Liked: 3987
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyberlogy View Post
Sigh, why is my point keep getting missed? Is my writing that bad? It's the nature's "rule" and I clarified it (or attempted to) by pointing out that those crossbred animals you mentioned are not the result of natural mating but they are the work of human.
It is only "the work of human" in that humans selectively crossbred the species together. Nevertheless, a horse's semen can impregnate a donkey (and vice versa) without any need for scientific genetic manipulation. Mules have been around for centuries. There is nothing in nature to prevent these two species from mating and procreating, other than their own normal aversion to doing so.

Why are you so hung up on this point about crossbreeding being "the work of human"? Deckard is a human (presumably). Replicants were created by humans. Deckard and Rachel having intercourse is "the work of human." You keep making this same point over and over again as if it contradicts what others of us have been saying, but it doesn't.

Quote:
You linked the immune system gene problem (relevant to the movie) with crossbreeding but I clarified it that it's the reproductive gene that gets affected, not the immune system gene.
Again, what difference does that make to anything the rest of us have been discussing? None. Please just let it go already.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whomever they may be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 633 Old 05-11-2018, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Mules have been around for centuries. There is nothing in nature to prevent these two species from mating and procreating, other than their own normal aversion to doing so.
Right, and that's what I called nature's rule. Mules have been bred by humans for use by humans for thousands of years but still doesn't occur naturally in the wild.
Quote:
Why are you so hung up on this point about crossbreeding being "the work of human"? Deckard is a human (presumably). Replicants were created by humans. Deckard and Rachel having intercourse is "the work of human." You keep making this same point over and over again as if it contradicts what others of us have been saying, but it doesn't.
That would be a natural human reaction. But if some 3rd kind being arranged it so that he mated with..., say a unicorn (assume there is one), then that would be something other than natural "rule".
Quote:
Again, what difference does that make to anything the rest of us have been discussing? None. Please just let it go already.
Look, I'm just clarifying your vague examples. I don't know why you seem bothered as if you are losing money over it.
post #633 of 633 Old 05-19-2018, 04:37 PM
sb1
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Jesus I thought I was a nerd. You guys inspire me. God bless America and Canada too. I loved this movie. More than the first one. First one feels shallow compared to this one. I never held the first in such high regard as most here do. Overrated it was (as Yoda might say).
markmanner likes this.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page