Concert DVD/BD recommendations - Page 311 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 123Likes

post #9301 of 9324 Old 11-25-2018, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Red face Finally Found A Great One to Post!!!!

BRING ME THE HORIZON - Live at Royal Albert Hall

I am a Linkin Park fan and discovered this band on the Chester Memorial concert. I listened to some of their albums and their last one is really good (That's the Spirit). Had I not listened to this album FIRST, I would have hated this band as they started out as a death metal, speed metal band and I am not into that at all.

Each album progressively gets tamer and more "mainstream" with "That's the Spirit" sounding a lot like Linkin Park. He still does the Chester screams, but in moderation as opposed to the whole song.

They have a Blu-Ray that was released called "Live at Wembley" - I hated it. Too much screaming and death metal sounds.

Their Second Blu Ray was released in 2016 called "Live at Royal Albert Hall" and it is brilliant! They play with a full orchestra and I have never seen anything like it. It is NOT acoustic and not slowed down. The way they blended their sound off the latest album with the orchestra is mind blowing. I didn't know many of these songs, yet was glued to the TV screen! It is interesting to note that they only did this ONE time and didn't repeat the orchestra performance.

I love this find because I don't think many people would find this on their own and I almost didn't. It would mean a lot to me if you posted your feedback. It is so unique and I would say up there with Roger Waters the Wall as far as impact it had on me while watching the first time.

You have to buy it from their website: https://bringmethehorizon.pmstores.co/

Proceeds go to Teenage Cancer TTrust- so you are doing a good thing. I think a HD download is 13 USD.

You can find clips on You Tube to preview.

Picture and Sound are Excellent

On a side note, I don't understand why more bands are not releasing more concert videos. They always film footage at concerts and this would seem like an easy way to bring in revenue. It just seems like so little is released anymore!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	desktop.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	2487376   Click image for larger version

Name:	large.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	2487378  

Last edited by Diamond Dog; 11-25-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9302 of 9324 Old 11-26-2018, 04:10 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post

I am a Linkin Park fan and discovered this band on the Chester Memorial concert. I listened to some of their albums and their last one is really good (That's the Spirit). Had I not listened to this album FIRST, I would have hated this band as they started out as a death metal, speed metal band and I am not into that at all.

Each album progressively gets tamer and more "mainstream" with "That's the Spirit" sounding a lot like Linkin Park. He still does the Chester screams, but in moderation as opposed to the whole song.

They have a Blu-Ray that was released called "Live at Wembley" - I hated it. Too much screaming and death metal sounds.

Their Second Blu Ray was released in 2016 called "Live at Royal Albert Hall" and it is brilliant! They play with a full orchestra and I have never seen anything like it. It is NOT acoustic and not slowed down. The way they blended their sound off the latest album with the orchestra is mind blowing. I didn't know many of these songs, yet was glued to the TV screen! It is interesting to note that they only did this ONE time and didn't repeat the orchestra performance.

I love this find because I don't think many people would find this on their own and I almost didn't. It would mean a lot to me if you posted your feedback. It is so unique and I would say up there with Roger Waters the Wall as far as impact it had on me while watching the first time.

Proceeds go to Teenage Cancer TTrust- so you are doing a good thing. I think a HD download is 13 USD.

On a side note, I don't understand why more bands are not releasing more concert videos. They always film footage at concerts and this would seem like an easy way to bring in revenue. It just seems like so little is released anymore!

Is the FLAC surround?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9303 of 9324 Old 11-26-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetd View Post
Is the FLAC surround?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know as I don't play FLAC format on my system. The Blu Ray is Dolby TrueHD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9304 of 9324 Old 12-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yes: Live at the Apollo.

As of right now, you can review this entire Concert on YouTube as someone has it up on there, but doubt it will last long. I watched it the other night and the Video quality is great and the Audio through YouTube, I had to turn up the volume higher than normal, but expect on the actual DVD will sound much better. Asked for this as a Christmas gift.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	71scif0ArHL._SL1400_.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	2489814  
vegout likes this.
post #9305 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Your review sparked my interest and I went to order the Blu-Ray and they are out of stock with no timetable for a return. What site did you order from?

Thanks!

Keith

Marantz 8802A Processor, Wyred4Sound SX-1000R Monoblocks X 3, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3 Amp, Oppo 205 Ultra HD/Blu-Ray Player, JVC-DLA RS620U Projector, Dark Energy 127-Inch ALR Screen, Tekton Ulfberht’s Mains, Tekton Ulberht Center, Def-Tech SR8080-BP Surrounds (4), Seaton Submersive F2+ and F2 Slave Subs, Two Seaton F18+'s subs, Power Sound Audio S3010 sub, 4 ADX Maximus Bass Shakers
post #9306 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASOFO View Post
Your review sparked my interest and I went to order the Blu-Ray and they are out of stock with no timetable for a return. What site did you order from?

Thanks!

Keith

https://bringmethehorizon.pmstores.co/#items

the Blu Ray alone is available (214 left) . As is the download for 1/2 the price.

You wont regret it. Please post about it once you watch.
post #9307 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
https://bringmethehorizon.pmstores.co/#items

the Blu Ray alone is available (214 left) . As is the download for 1/2 the price.

You wont regret it. Please post about it once you watch.

Thanks for getting back to me. I may be a little slow but when I click the add to cart for the "Live At The Royal Albert Hall - 2 x DVD, or Blu-Ray"
there is drop-down box that you have to pick either the DVD or Blu-Ray and it shows the Blu-Ray as out of stock. Am I missing something do you think?

Marantz 8802A Processor, Wyred4Sound SX-1000R Monoblocks X 3, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3 Amp, Oppo 205 Ultra HD/Blu-Ray Player, JVC-DLA RS620U Projector, Dark Energy 127-Inch ALR Screen, Tekton Ulfberht’s Mains, Tekton Ulberht Center, Def-Tech SR8080-BP Surrounds (4), Seaton Submersive F2+ and F2 Slave Subs, Two Seaton F18+'s subs, Power Sound Audio S3010 sub, 4 ADX Maximus Bass Shakers
post #9308 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me. I may be a little slow but when I click the add to cart for the "Live At The Royal Albert Hall - 2 x DVD, or Blu-Ray"
there is drop-down box that you have to pick either the DVD or Blu-Ray and it shows the Blu-Ray as out of stock. Am I missing something do you think?

you are right. Can you settle with the HD download?

I stream everything myself these days
post #9309 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
you are right. Can you settle with the HD download?

I stream everything myself these days

I will check it out and thanks for the heads up! You don't happen to know what the sound formats are by chance do you? True HD, DTS, etc.

And super appreciate your help!

Keith

post #9310 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I will check it out and thanks for the heads up! You don't happen to know what the sound formats are by chance do you? True HD, DTS, etc.

And super appreciate your help!

Keith

Its either Dolby MA or DTS MA

Its high definitiion sound. I am not at home right now or I would check
post #9311 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Its either Dolby MA or DTS MA

Its high definitiion sound. I am not at home right now or I would check

You are correct! I am downloading it now. Thanks again and have a great weekend!

post #9312 of 9324 Old 01-28-2019, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePMo View Post
Just bought Joe Satriani "Satchurated" Great Blu Ray, with Dolby True HD 7.1.
Was the BluRay of Joe Satriani you bought titled: Satchurated: Live in Montreal?

I had never heard of him before yesterday when I happened to see him performing on MTV Live. He is wild. Did a quick look on Amazon and that was the only concert listed for him in BluRay.

Thanks
Bruce
post #9313 of 9324 Old 01-28-2019, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I don't have it here, but I am pretty sure that's the one.
post #9314 of 9324 Old 01-29-2019, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 12772
I have Satriani's Live In San Franciso DVD from years ago - very good. Just picked up the Satchurated BD on Amazon for $6.00 used. Looking forward to it.
Legairre likes this.

Make me grow brainiac fingers, but with more hair!
post #9315 of 9324 Old 01-30-2019, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Steven Wilson Home Invasion Blu ray. I really enjoyed it, but I might prefer his Get All You Deserve more.
post #9316 of 9324 Old 01-30-2019, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post
I have Satriani's Live In San Franciso DVD from years ago - very good. Just picked up the Satchurated BD on Amazon for $6.00 used. Looking forward to it.
Would be interested in hearing your thoughts. I have an old SACD of his, "Strange Beautiful Music" and always thought the title was very accurate.

Vizio M80-C3
Denon AVR-X7200WA
Odyssey HT-3 Plus
Infinity Prelude MTS
HSU ULS-15 MK2 DualDrive
Oppo BDP-83
post #9317 of 9324 Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1791 Post(s)
Liked: 1399
Anyone hear if there are any 4K concert discs coming out or already available?
post #9318 of 9324 Old 05-15-2019, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Anyone hear if there are any 4K concert discs coming out or already available?
I'm interested as well. Haven't seen anything yet, I believe a few have been shot in 4K (David Gilmour's Live in Pompeii and Muse's Live at Rome Olympic Stadium plus others I'd suspect) but have only been released on blu ray. Somehow I feel this all has to do with money, once enough people have 4K disc capability maybe we'll see some releases.
Charley likes this.
post #9319 of 9324 Old 05-22-2019, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 1066
Tornado Red likes this.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B
post #9320 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3775 Post(s)
Liked: 2975
As good a place as any to put this. Just got around to watching this:
Available to stream at Amazon Prime. Available on multi-region DVD from the Amazon.UK.

Mostly talking heads who don't have much to say that's interesting, but its also the best biography of George and Little Feat. You'll learn things you didn't know, and there are quite a few clips that you don't get to see elsewhere. George was a musician's musician, and Feats were a band's band. Great stuff.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	51Pj+053KkL.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2583304  
Jive Turkey and MRAYB like this.
post #9321 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Jive Turkey likes this.
post #9322 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3775 Post(s)
Liked: 2975
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post

Widely regarded as the finest live rock concert album of all time.
post #9323 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Look for Little Feat's DVD Skin It Back, recorded live at the Rockpalast in Essen, Germany in 1977, a few days before they recorded Waiting for Columbus.

Set List:

Skin It Back
Fat Man In The Bathtub
Oh, Atlanta
Day At The Dog Races
All That You Dream
Olf Folks' Boogie
Dixie Chicken
Tripe Face Boogie
Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Willin'
Rocket In My Pocket

Plus almost half an hour of rehearsal footage of five of the above plus Rock 'N Roll Doctor.

The disk has both Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks - back when that made a difference: On DVDs, DTS used about three times the bit rate of Dolby Digital.

It was released by Eagle Rock (aka Eagle Vision), which releases the Montreux Jazz Festival disks. It's EV302819. I got it through Amazon eight years ago and it's still available there - new - through third-party sellers, for about $13.

EDIT: I watched Feats First on Amazon Prime last night based on the recommendation posted here. It's a shame that so many documentaries about creative artists are so sad. In any case, there were lots of short clips in that show from the Skin It Back DVD - I could tell from the lit-up "Rockpalast" sign over the stage.
MRAYB likes this.

Last edited by Philnick; 06-23-2019 at 11:49 AM.
post #9324 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Yes Sir! Maybe a little thing like "Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East" gets it by a nose.
Iwanthd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , The Last Waltz Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page