Concert DVD/BD recommendations - Page 311 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 123Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9301 of 9324 Old 11-25-2018, 05:18 PM
Member
 
Diamond Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Red face Finally Found A Great One to Post!!!!

BRING ME THE HORIZON - Live at Royal Albert Hall


I am a Linkin Park fan and discovered this band on the Chester Memorial concert. I listened to some of their albums and their last one is really good (That's the Spirit). Had I not listened to this album FIRST, I would have hated this band as they started out as a death metal, speed metal band and I am not into that at all.


Each album progressively gets tamer and more "mainstream" with "That's the Spirit" sounding a lot like Linkin Park. He still does the Chester screams, but in moderation as opposed to the whole song.


They have a Blu-Ray that was released called "Live at Wembley" - I hated it. Too much screaming and death metal sounds.


Their Second Blu Ray was released in 2016 called "Live at Royal Albert Hall" and it is brilliant! They play with a full orchestra and I have never seen anything like it. It is NOT acoustic and not slowed down. The way they blended their sound off the latest album with the orchestra is mind blowing. I didn't know many of these songs, yet was glued to the TV screen! It is interesting to note that they only did this ONE time and didn't repeat the orchestra performance.



I love this find because I don't think many people would find this on their own and I almost didn't. It would mean a lot to me if you posted your feedback. It is so unique and I would say up there with Roger Waters the Wall as far as impact it had on me while watching the first time.


You have to buy it from their website: https://bringmethehorizon.pmstores.co/


Proceeds go to Teenage Cancer TTrust- so you are doing a good thing. I think a HD download is 13 USD.











You can find clips on You Tube to preview.


Picture and Sound are Excellent


On a side note, I don't understand why more bands are not releasing more concert videos. They always film footage at concerts and this would seem like an easy way to bring in revenue. It just seems like so little is released anymore!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	desktop.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	2487376   Click image for larger version

Name:	large.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	2487378  

Last edited by Diamond Dog; 11-25-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Diamond Dog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9302 of 9324 Old 11-26-2018, 04:10 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Stevetd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 1,055
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
BRING ME THE HORIZON - Live at Royal Albert Hall


I am a Linkin Park fan and discovered this band on the Chester Memorial concert. I listened to some of their albums and their last one is really good (That's the Spirit). Had I not listened to this album FIRST, I would have hated this band as they started out as a death metal, speed metal band and I am not into that at all.


Each album progressively gets tamer and more "mainstream" with "That's the Spirit" sounding a lot like Linkin Park. He still does the Chester screams, but in moderation as opposed to the whole song.


They have a Blu-Ray that was released called "Live at Wembley" - I hated it. Too much screaming and death metal sounds.


Their Second Blu Ray was released in 2016 called "Live at Royal Albert Hall" and it is brilliant! They play with a full orchestra and I have never seen anything like it. It is NOT acoustic and not slowed down. The way they blended their sound off the latest album with the orchestra is mind blowing. I didn't know many of these songs, yet was glued to the TV screen! It is interesting to note that they only did this ONE time and didn't repeat the orchestra performance.



I love this find because I don't think many people would find this on their own and I almost didn't. It would mean a lot to me if you posted your feedback. It is so unique and I would say up there with Roger Waters the Wall as far as impact it had on me while watching the first time.


You have to buy it from their website: https://bringmethehorizon.pmstores.co/


Proceeds go to Teenage Cancer TTrust- so you are doing a good thing. I think a HD download is 13 USD.











You can find clips on You Tube to preview.


Picture and Sound are Excellent


On a side note, I don't understand why more bands are not releasing more concert videos. They always film footage at concerts and this would seem like an easy way to bring in revenue. It just seems like so little is released anymore!


Is the FLAC surround?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevetd is online now  
post #9303 of 9324 Old 11-26-2018, 07:37 AM
Member
 
Diamond Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetd View Post
Is the FLAC surround?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know as I don't play FLAC format on my system. The Blu Ray is Dolby TrueHD
Diamond Dog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9304 of 9324 Old 12-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
bigrushhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: flower city
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yes: Live at the Apollo.

As of right now, you can review this entire Concert on YouTube as someone has it up on there, but doubt it will last long. I watched it the other night and the Video quality is great and the Audio through YouTube, I had to turn up the volume higher than normal, but expect on the actual DVD will sound much better. Asked for this as a Christmas gift.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71scif0ArHL._SL1400_.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	2489814  
vegout likes this.
bigrushhead is offline  
post #9305 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Member
 
KASOFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
BRING ME THE HORIZON - Live at Royal Albert Hall


I am a Linkin Park fan and discovered this band on the Chester Memorial concert. I listened to some of their albums and their last one is really good (That's the Spirit). Had I not listened to this album FIRST, I would have hated this band as they started out as a death metal, speed metal band and I am not into that at all.


Each album progressively gets tamer and more "mainstream" with "That's the Spirit" sounding a lot like Linkin Park. He still does the Chester screams, but in moderation as opposed to the whole song.


They have a Blu-Ray that was released called "Live at Wembley" - I hated it. Too much screaming and death metal sounds.


Their Second Blu Ray was released in 2016 called "Live at Royal Albert Hall" and it is brilliant! They play with a full orchestra and I have never seen anything like it. It is NOT acoustic and not slowed down. The way they blended their sound off the latest album with the orchestra is mind blowing. I didn't know many of these songs, yet was glued to the TV screen! It is interesting to note that they only did this ONE time and didn't repeat the orchestra performance.



I love this find because I don't think many people would find this on their own and I almost didn't. It would mean a lot to me if you posted your feedback. It is so unique and I would say up there with Roger Waters the Wall as far as impact it had on me while watching the first time.


You have to buy it from their website: https://bringmethehorizon.pmstores.co/


Proceeds go to Teenage Cancer TTrust- so you are doing a good thing. I think a HD download is 13 USD.











You can find clips on You Tube to preview.


Picture and Sound are Excellent


On a side note, I don't understand why more bands are not releasing more concert videos. They always film footage at concerts and this would seem like an easy way to bring in revenue. It just seems like so little is released anymore!
Your review sparked my interest and I went to order the Blu-Ray and they are out of stock with no timetable for a return. What site did you order from?

Thanks!

Keith

Marantz 8802A Processor, Wyred4Sound SX-1000R Monoblocks X 3, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3 Amp, Oppo 205 Ultra HD/Blu-Ray Player, JVC-DLA RS620U Projector, Dark Energy 127-Inch ALR Screen, Tekton Ulfberht’s Mains, Tekton Ulberht Center, Def-Tech SR8080-BP Surrounds (4), Seaton Submersive F2+ and F2 Slave Subs, Two Seaton F18+'s subs, Power Sound Audio S3010 sub, 4 ADX Maximus Bass Shakers
KASOFO is offline  
post #9306 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Member
 
Diamond Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASOFO View Post
Your review sparked my interest and I went to order the Blu-Ray and they are out of stock with no timetable for a return. What site did you order from?

Thanks!

Keith

https://bringmethehorizon.pmstores.co/#items


the Blu Ray alone is available (214 left) . As is the download for 1/2 the price.


You wont regret it. Please post about it once you watch.
Diamond Dog is offline  
post #9307 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Member
 
KASOFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
https://bringmethehorizon.pmstores.co/#items


the Blu Ray alone is available (214 left) . As is the download for 1/2 the price.


You wont regret it. Please post about it once you watch.

Thanks for getting back to me. I may be a little slow but when I click the add to cart for the "Live At The Royal Albert Hall - 2 x DVD, or Blu-Ray"
there is drop-down box that you have to pick either the DVD or Blu-Ray and it shows the Blu-Ray as out of stock. Am I missing something do you think?

Marantz 8802A Processor, Wyred4Sound SX-1000R Monoblocks X 3, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3 Amp, Oppo 205 Ultra HD/Blu-Ray Player, JVC-DLA RS620U Projector, Dark Energy 127-Inch ALR Screen, Tekton Ulfberht’s Mains, Tekton Ulberht Center, Def-Tech SR8080-BP Surrounds (4), Seaton Submersive F2+ and F2 Slave Subs, Two Seaton F18+'s subs, Power Sound Audio S3010 sub, 4 ADX Maximus Bass Shakers
KASOFO is offline  
post #9308 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Member
 
Diamond Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASOFO View Post
Thanks for getting back to me. I may be a little slow but when I click the add to cart for the "Live At The Royal Albert Hall - 2 x DVD, or Blu-Ray"
there is drop-down box that you have to pick either the DVD or Blu-Ray and it shows the Blu-Ray as out of stock. Am I missing something do you think?



you are right. Can you settle with the HD download?


I stream everything myself these days
Diamond Dog is offline  
post #9309 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Member
 
KASOFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
you are right. Can you settle with the HD download?


I stream everything myself these days

I will check it out and thanks for the heads up! You don't happen to know what the sound formats are by chance do you? True HD, DTS, etc.

And super appreciate your help!

Keith

Marantz 8802A Processor, Wyred4Sound SX-1000R Monoblocks X 3, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3 Amp, Oppo 205 Ultra HD/Blu-Ray Player, JVC-DLA RS620U Projector, Dark Energy 127-Inch ALR Screen, Tekton Ulfberht’s Mains, Tekton Ulberht Center, Def-Tech SR8080-BP Surrounds (4), Seaton Submersive F2+ and F2 Slave Subs, Two Seaton F18+'s subs, Power Sound Audio S3010 sub, 4 ADX Maximus Bass Shakers
KASOFO is offline  
post #9310 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 04:51 PM
Member
 
Diamond Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASOFO View Post
I will check it out and thanks for the heads up! You don't happen to know what the sound formats are by chance do you? True HD, DTS, etc.

And super appreciate your help!

Keith

Its either Dolby MA or DTS MA



Its high definitiion sound. I am not at home right now or I would check
Diamond Dog is offline  
post #9311 of 9324 Old 01-04-2019, 05:08 PM
Member
 
KASOFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
Its either Dolby MA or DTS MA



Its high definitiion sound. I am not at home right now or I would check

You are correct! I am downloading it now. Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Marantz 8802A Processor, Wyred4Sound SX-1000R Monoblocks X 3, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3 Amp, Oppo 205 Ultra HD/Blu-Ray Player, JVC-DLA RS620U Projector, Dark Energy 127-Inch ALR Screen, Tekton Ulfberht’s Mains, Tekton Ulberht Center, Def-Tech SR8080-BP Surrounds (4), Seaton Submersive F2+ and F2 Slave Subs, Two Seaton F18+'s subs, Power Sound Audio S3010 sub, 4 ADX Maximus Bass Shakers
KASOFO is offline  
post #9312 of 9324 Old 01-28-2019, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
BruceOmega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePMo View Post
Just bought Joe Satriani "Satchurated" Great Blu Ray, with Dolby True HD 7.1.
Was the BluRay of Joe Satriani you bought titled: Satchurated: Live in Montreal?

I had never heard of him before yesterday when I happened to see him performing on MTV Live. He is wild. Did a quick look on Amazon and that was the only concert listed for him in BluRay.

Thanks
Bruce
BruceOmega is offline  
post #9313 of 9324 Old 01-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Member
 
StevePMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I don't have it here, but I am pretty sure that's the one.
StevePMo is offline  
post #9314 of 9324 Old 01-29-2019, 03:00 AM
Moderator
Moderator
 
PooperScooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Leominster MA
Posts: 22,189
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 12772
I have Satriani's Live In San Franciso DVD from years ago - very good. Just picked up the Satchurated BD on Amazon for $6.00 used. Looking forward to it.
Legairre likes this.

Make me grow brainiac fingers, but with more hair!
PooperScooper is offline  
post #9315 of 9324 Old 01-30-2019, 01:43 PM
Member
 
maritan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Steven Wilson Home Invasion Blu ray. I really enjoyed it, but I might prefer his Get All You Deserve more.
maritan is offline  
post #9316 of 9324 Old 01-30-2019, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JBaumgart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,738
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post
I have Satriani's Live In San Franciso DVD from years ago - very good. Just picked up the Satchurated BD on Amazon for $6.00 used. Looking forward to it.
Would be interested in hearing your thoughts. I have an old SACD of his, "Strange Beautiful Music" and always thought the title was very accurate.

Vizio M80-C3
Denon AVR-X7200WA
Odyssey HT-3 Plus
Infinity Prelude MTS
HSU ULS-15 MK2 DualDrive
Oppo BDP-83
JBaumgart is offline  
post #9317 of 9324 Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 2,802
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1791 Post(s)
Liked: 1399
Anyone hear if there are any 4K concert discs coming out or already available?
PlanetAVS is online now  
post #9318 of 9324 Old 05-15-2019, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tornado Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Anyone hear if there are any 4K concert discs coming out or already available?
I'm interested as well. Haven't seen anything yet, I believe a few have been shot in 4K (David Gilmour's Live in Pompeii and Muse's Live at Rome Olympic Stadium plus others I'd suspect) but have only been released on blu ray. Somehow I feel this all has to do with money, once enough people have 4K disc capability maybe we'll see some releases.
Charley likes this.
Tornado Red is offline  
post #9319 of 9324 Old 05-22-2019, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 1066
Tornado Red likes this.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B
Panson is offline  
post #9320 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 21,575
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3775 Post(s)
Liked: 2975
As good a place as any to put this. Just got around to watching this:
Available to stream at Amazon Prime. Available on multi-region DVD from the Amazon.UK.

Mostly talking heads who don't have much to say that's interesting, but its also the best biography of George and Little Feat. You'll learn things you didn't know, and there are quite a few clips that you don't get to see elsewhere. George was a musician's musician, and Feats were a band's band. Great stuff.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51Pj+053KkL.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2583304  
Jive Turkey and MRAYB like this.
rdgrimes is offline  
post #9321 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Jive Turkey likes this.
MRAYB is offline  
post #9322 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 21,575
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3775 Post(s)
Liked: 2975
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post

Widely regarded as the finest live rock concert album of all time.
rdgrimes is offline  
post #9323 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Philnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Look for Little Feat's DVD Skin It Back, recorded live at the Rockpalast in Essen, Germany in 1977, a few days before they recorded Waiting for Columbus.

Set List:

Skin It Back
Fat Man In The Bathtub
Oh, Atlanta
Day At The Dog Races
All That You Dream
Olf Folks' Boogie
Dixie Chicken
Tripe Face Boogie
Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Willin'
Rocket In My Pocket

Plus almost half an hour of rehearsal footage of five of the above plus Rock 'N Roll Doctor.

The disk has both Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks - back when that made a difference: On DVDs, DTS used about three times the bit rate of Dolby Digital.

It was released by Eagle Rock (aka Eagle Vision), which releases the Montreux Jazz Festival disks. It's EV302819. I got it through Amazon eight years ago and it's still available there - new - through third-party sellers, for about $13.

EDIT: I watched Feats First on Amazon Prime last night based on the recommendation posted here. It's a shame that so many documentaries about creative artists are so sad. In any case, there were lots of short clips in that show from the Skin It Back DVD - I could tell from the lit-up "Rockpalast" sign over the stage.
MRAYB likes this.


Last edited by Philnick; 06-23-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Philnick is offline  
post #9324 of 9324 Old 06-22-2019, 07:37 PM
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Yes Sir! Maybe a little thing like "Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East" gets it by a nose.
Iwanthd likes this.
MRAYB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , The Last Waltz Blu Ray

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off