123Likes

post #121 of 152 Old 04-30-2019, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCallas View Post
Yeesh, im not trying to be contrarian, but Infinity Wars was significantly better. I left disappointed.
The first hour of End-Game kind of dragged on, but the final act was the most epic event I have ever seen in all of movies.
tenthplanet likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 152 Old 04-30-2019, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1969 Post(s)
Liked: 2691
I liked it, here's what I thought about it (what are they going do, redact me ) ( THE FOLLOWING FOUR PARAGRAPHS HAVE BEEN REDACTED BY SHIELD). and (________ _________ ________).
So now you know, that and it starts a little slow. Another one for the Marvel section of the disc shelf.
Ben23 and pgscubadiver like this.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #123 of 152 Old 04-30-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 662
@sdsendoh - more epic than the final battle in Ready Player One?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 152 Old 04-30-2019, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCallas View Post
@sdsendoh - more epic than the final battle in Ready Player One?
Ready Player One was awesome but the final battle in Endgame has 10 years of buildup leading to this battle. From an emotional standpoint, the stakes were so much higher. Then from a storyline perspective, there were a lot of fan service moments injected from previous movies and comics. And finally, the all star cast, and CG, and visual effects was a cinematic marvel from a technological standpoint. It's hard to explain without seeing it, but Endgame is this generation's Empire Strikes Back.
tenthplanet and Ben23 like this.
post #125 of 152 Old 05-01-2019, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post
I disagree, the 3D was fine and there's no need to "avoid" that version if you want to see the movie. The movie however, I didn't like--I thought Infinity War was much better. There were moments in the movie that I liked, but as a whole, I felt let down. EndGame could be re-edited into a good movie, with maybe a re-shoot here and there:

Spoiler!
I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with this list. I did a literal face-palm during the movie for the second to last one, and my wife was semi-offended by how that scene felt like total pandering to a portion of the audience, rather than developing and showing strong characters.

One other thing struck me during the movie that I haven't seen discussed yet.

Spoiler!

I also have to automatically subtract a full letter grade for

Spoiler!

Additional marks reduced for what they did to two characters:

Spoiler!

Final grade: B-

Scott
rezzy likes this.

post #126 of 152 Old 05-01-2019, 10:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

What Thanos's real plan was..see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thanos index.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	2561306  
rezzy likes this.

post #127 of 152 Old 05-02-2019, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
I liked it, here's what I thought about it (what are they going do, redact me ) ( THE FOLLOWING FOUR PARAGRAPHS HAVE BEEN REDACTED BY SHIELD). and (________ _________ ________).
So now you know, that and it starts a little slow. Another one for the Marvel section of the disc shelf.
LOL! I need the full un-redacted report sir, or face getting served a subpoena...

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #128 of 152 Old 05-02-2019, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 662
Spoiler!
J_P_A likes this.
post #129 of 152 Old 05-02-2019, 10:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
LOL! I need the full un-redacted report sir, or face getting served a subpoena...
Convince him...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fury index.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	2561826  
lax01 likes this.

post #130 of 152 Old 05-03-2019, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked: 1619
I saw this movie again and have to say it flowed* better the second time. Less chaos after I've seen some Easter egg videos and things to look for.

*probably shouldn't say "flowed" about a 3 hour movie. Nothing flowed from me. I was a camel.

One new potential question I have is:

Spoiler!
rezzy likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.

Last edited by daryl zero; 05-03-2019 at 04:51 PM.
post #131 of 152 Old 05-04-2019, 03:34 PM
sb1
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Spoiler!
Maybe the logistics involved in getting them all rounded up and everyone being there on time. Or maybe they got spammed with invites but couldn't make it due to prior obligations.

Loved the flim, by the way. In my old age I'm finally learning how to not pick every detail apart and just try to enjoy movies at face value or slightly deeper. Flaws, but greatly enjoyed it and want to see it again (just got back from it).

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #132 of 152 Old 05-05-2019, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Avengers: Endgame' crosses the $2 billion mark in record time

""Avengers: Endgame" is still dominating the box office.

The Disney (DIS)and Marvel film has crossed the $2 billion mark at the worldwide box office. It's the fifth film in history to do so.
The film has made $2.189 billion in 11 days of release, which is the fastest any film has made $2 billion. It is now the second highest-grossing film of all time...….

So where does "Endgame" go from here? The film now sets its sights on the highest grossing film in history, "Avatar.""

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/05/media...k-2/index.html
RobKnapp likes this.
post #133 of 152 Old 05-05-2019, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Saw it again today, all the theatres are still packed, except for some of the nosebleed seats right up front. I dont think there will be any problem with it passing avatar in under a month. And thats just with theatre sales. whats going to happen when its released on disc/streaming in a couple months?
post #134 of 152 Old 05-06-2019, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 392
IMAX 3D yesterday at AMC Clifton Commons (North Jersey). I am an unapologetic MCU fanboy. I think what Kevin Feige and the larger team of writers, directors, producers, actors, etc have accomplished over the last 11 years and 22 movies is fairly insane. The scope of it was unprecedented. The overall quality of productions was maintained at a very high level (IMO of course). Betting against them being able to pull this off back in 2008 would have been smarter money. Was it 11 perfect movies? Of course not. Are there plot holes the Hulk could chunk a car through? Perhaps. Was the perfect creative decision made every single time? No. Okay, but would I rather dwell on those things or celebrate the things they got right? That's an incredibly easy decision. The latter. I've gotten a lot of happiness, laughs, drama, eye candy, ear candy, and edge of my seat action from that decision.

Endgame was a gift to fans like me, and I am ultimately quite satisfied with it overall. I don't think it's the BEST MCU movie. It's definitely not the worst, but as a bookend to an era, I think it is effective and, again, a tool that allows me to let go of these particular characters and this particular world (and still look forward to future productions with potentially equal anticipation). I don't think it's quite appropriate to judge it solely as a standalone movie. The context is important.

In a nutshell, I am adopting Kevin Smith's attitude in all of this. His reaction/review video is an hour and 13 minutes. I made it through roughly half of it last night, and, so far, it has served as a nice supplement to the viewing. Additionally, I enjoyed ScreenCrush's unpacking of all the Easter eggs. There are so many call backs and references and just, things to notice, even the most ardent fan would need to see it more than once to unpack it all. I'm looking forward to seeing it again for sure.
lax01, MarshallW, rezzy and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Ben23; 05-06-2019 at 10:46 AM.
post #135 of 152 Old 05-08-2019, 09:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 1684 Post(s)
Liked: 6022
What an powerful and emotional ending
It made me tear up hard multiple times
rezzy, Wytchone, RobKnapp and 1 others like this.
post #136 of 152 Old 05-09-2019, 09:38 AM

Been watching a lot of stuff on YouTube just trying to digest it all.

On Thanos and how he has been perceived in Endgame vs Infinity War, and I think this is a really good observation/point:

Spoiler!
post #137 of 152 Old 05-09-2019, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 1684 Post(s)
Liked: 6022
We've all seen it, and now it's time to talk about it! Adam, Will, and Norm
go full spoilers in our review of Avengers: Endgame, talking about our favorite moments,
the big revelations, questions unanswered, and the many scenes that made us cry. It's a full hourlong spoilercast!
1 Hour

Kevin Smith saw Avengers: Endgame at it's premiere and gives his thoughts on the film. SPOILERS!
1 Hour

J_P_A and Ben23 like this.
post #138 of 152 Old 05-09-2019, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 573
This really was a great movie. Even considering all the things I didn't care for. Taken as a whole, it was very well done.

BTW, why aren't we using the spoiler thread?

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/44-mo...l#post57937686

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!
The Plains Theater Has Begun
Pro Designed Room - Measurements Before/During/After Treatments.
post #139 of 152 Old 05-09-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post
BTW, why aren't we using the spoiler thread?

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/44-mo...l#post57937686
We don't need to speculate anymore. The movie is out, unless I'm missing the point of the thread somehow. Also, unless there is some specific thing we are discussing, I prefer a "one stop shop" to talk about the movie.
J_P_A likes this.
post #140 of 152 Old 05-09-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben23 View Post
We don't need to speculate anymore. The movie is out, unless I'm missing the point of the thread somehow. Also, unless there is some specific thing we are discussing, I prefer a "one stop shop" to talk about the movie.
I was referring to all the spoiler tags, not your post in particular.

Last edited by J_P_A; 05-09-2019 at 12:06 PM.
post #141 of 152 Old 05-09-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post
I was referring to all the spoiler tags, not your post in particular.
Okay, no worries, but just based on the title of the thread, I read it to mean its purpose was to discuss what types of things people expected to see in the movie like "This person will die" or "That guy will be able to do this now." That type of thing. Are we not supposed to discuss spoilers here in the main title thread?
Mikazaru and J_P_A like this.
post #142 of 152 Old 05-09-2019, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben23 View Post
Okay, no worries, but just based on the title of the thread, I read it to mean its purpose was to discuss what types of things people expected to see in the movie like "This person will die" or "That guy will be able to do this now." That type of thing. Are we not supposed to discuss spoilers here in the main title thread?
Yeah. Fair point. I only mentioned it because I've caught myself a couple times about to post a spoiler here because I wasn't paying close attention to which thread I'm in.

I guess at some point you have to assume anyone that would be sensitive to a spoiler either has already seen the movie or is knowledgable enough not to go reading threads about the movie.
Ben23 likes this.

post #143 of 152 Old 05-09-2019, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked: 1619
I don't know what the exact protocol is about movies and spoilers. I generally avoid them at least for a while with movies. TV shows are easier for everyone to see and you can start discussing them once they've aired. Movies ought to be about 2 - 3 week buffer before discussing the spoilers out in the open.
MarshallW likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #144 of 152 Old 05-09-2019, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 786
IMO, things would've flowed better if Capt. Marvel was a surprise appearance in Endgame, then her solo movie to follow. They could still make (with the help of a good script) a sequel with a deep backstory. Then I could forgive them for her first film.

I heard/read something for the first time today: that Odin used to own Thanos (in the comics?). He allegedly executes his "plan" in the MCU only after Odin's passing. I guess Odin knows something the rest of the Avengers don't.

And I wonder what happened to the "unspoken thing" between Thor and Valkyrie. How did she survive Infinity? I'm starting to think she's Loki in disguise, because Thor now seems to have the feels for Capt Marvel..
Ben23 likes this.

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #145 of 152 Old 05-10-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
IMO, things would've flowed better if Capt. Marvel was a surprise appearance in Endgame, then her solo movie to follow. They could still make (with the help of a good script) a sequel with a deep backstory. Then I could forgive them for her first film.

I heard/read something for the first time today: that Odin used to own Thanos (in the comics?). He allegedly executes his "plan" in the MCU only after Odin's passing. I guess Odin knows something the rest of the Avengers don't.

And I wonder what happened to the "unspoken thing" between Thor and Valkyrie. How did she survive Infinity? I'm starting to think she's Loki in disguise, because Thor now seems to have the feels for Capt Marvel..
I like that angle on Capt. Marvel. With everything else going on, it would have been crazy for her to show up in the Endgame battle and just start wrecking shop. That after or before what Capt. America starts doing and people's heads would have been exploding.

And I've always suspected Loki and Odin were going to be up to something in Valhalla, mainly because Loki just went out way too easily in IW. He's as crafty a survivor in the MCU, and to do something so brash and foolish as to try to, essentially, sucker kill Thanos with a feeble joust move was just confusing. He's smarter than that so I almost think he gave himself up on purpose. Then, of course, there's what transpired with the tesseract in the back in time scenes in Endgame, which is now an alternate branch in time so, who knows???
rezzy likes this.
post #146 of 152 Old 05-10-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 1317
Maybe we will see Loki in another Thor movie aside from him having his own TV series, other than that Loki is done. Except...we might see reborn Loki ''Kid Loki'' pop-up at some point.
post #147 of 152 Old 05-10-2019, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is one of the reasons I don't like

Spoiler!

as a plot device.

post #148 of 152 Old 05-10-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 1317
Kid Loki is not the result of
Spoiler!
He is Loki reborn. He has a pet called Magpie who is actually Loki who transformed into a bird once he died..once Kid Loki is a adult Loki intends to take over the body.
Quote:
Loki realized the mistakes he'd made as a trickster, repented, and ultimately gave his life to save everyone's lives (which is what also happened in
Spoiler!
)
As with almost every story involving Loki, this turned out to be a trick. Yes, he did actually get killed, but his twist was in planning for his eventual demise. Through a series of various deals with the mythological entities in the Marvel universe, Loki was able to put aside his soul for a later day, rather than getting reincarnated or sent to Valhalla.

Following his death, Loki was reborn as a child. Unfortunately, the previous Loki's soul (that had been socked away from the reincarnation cycle during Siege) had taken the form of Kid Loki's pet Magpie, Ikol. As a seemingly harmless advisor, the old Loki was able to manipulate Kid Loki into a trap where he either had to choose to let an unstoppable evil force destroy the world or let himself get replaced by his older, evil self. Kid Loki chose the latter.
https://www.looper.com/120231/untold-truth-loki/

Ben23 likes this.

Last edited by 8mile13; 05-13-2019 at 04:29 AM.
post #149 of 152 Old 05-12-2019, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Don't read this if you haven't seen Endgame..possible spoilers about the film besides speculation on Loki's fate.

Spoiler!

post #150 of 152 Old 05-12-2019, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Liked: 1608
Agreed that the ending was great, and thought a good movie. Looking forward to owning this one, and cranking up in the home theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page