A4 Endgame Spoilers Speculation Discussion - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #1 of 33 Old 04-22-2019, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 786
A4 Endgame Spoilers Speculation Discussion

Saw the other thread, but wanted to hear thoughts and opinions on how you think it'll all unfold at the end. Particularly, from those familiar with the Infinity Comics.

I read the old-school stuff, but I guess I outgrew comics by the time Infinity happened. I vaguely remember Thanos, and also remember Adam Warlock a little. But I do recall that Warlock had some sort of stone on his forehead. I'm going in mostly cold, having no idea how ended, but it is my understanding that Adam was instrumental in Thanos' demise.

We kind of get a glimpse of him at the end of Guardians 2, but according to Producer Kevin Feige, Warlock will NOT be appearing in Endgame. I wonder if that could be a mis-direct. I saw a recent article published to Facebook that all the trailers released to this point are actually deleted scenes. I have no clue if that's even remotely true.

It's funny though, how in one of the early trailers it appears that Stark won't make it back. Very next trailer, there Tony is, suiting up with the rest of the gang. Way to spoil things, Marvel!

And an interesting thing: I saw an interview with ScarJo (don't recall where) and she stated she shot one scene with 24 characters. With about 15 Avengers, plus 5 Guardians, there may be 3 to 4 additional characters. Any guesses as to who they may be? If the Wasp and Wong are included, that still leaves a few guest spots open. Then again, assuming some of the Avengers are still dust, there could be a bunch of "new" faces.

BTW, I liked Infinity but wasn't blown away by it, so I'm hoping they really turn things up for Endgame....

(Jim Starlin art ::thumbs up:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3ed6d6cce3b54dc757945eb6a529be0d.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	387.6 KB
ID:	2556784   Click image for larger version

Name:	guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-adam-warlock-thanos.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	2556786  

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 04-23-2019, 04:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2292 Post(s)
Liked: 1319
Tessa Thompson will be in it.

There will be timetravel or even timetravels and in the end what Thanos did should be undone. So they go back in time and if everything is going right everything will be as it was before the snap. So a character might die but in the end it might live...it only matters who survives in the end.
rezzy likes this.
post #3 of 33 Old 04-23-2019, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Someone allegedly leaked the final scene of EG online, but I won't bother to even look for it. Perhaps Dr Strange has a trick up his sleeve, because there otherwise won't be any time travel unless the Gauntlet is obtained. Did have a co-worker theorize that there could be time-travel and Cap may get sent back into the 1940s (and back to Peggy). And probably end of the line, but I've always felt there wasn't enough old-school Cap, Nazis, and Red Skull; what's with the Skull being reduced to the Ghost of Christmas Past??

Anyway, good to see Thompson but now I'm wondering how she survived Thanos' attack on the Asguardian ship, let alone the Snap. It seems only Hulk and Thor (Loki?) survived that onslaught....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 04-23-2019, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
Someone allegedly leaked the final scene of EG online, but I won't bother to even look for it. Perhaps Dr Strange has a trick up his sleeve, because there otherwise won't be any time travel unless the Gauntlet is obtained. Did have a co-worker theorize that there could be time-travel and Cap may get sent back into the 1940s (and back to Peggy). And probably end of the line, but I've always felt there wasn't enough old-school Cap, Nazis, and Red Skull; what's with the Skull being reduced to the Ghost of Christmas Past??

Anyway, good to see Thompson but now I'm wondering how she survived Thanos' attack on the Asguardian ship, let alone the Snap. It seems only Hulk and Thor (Loki?) survived that onslaught....

It is ant-man who has a quantum realm device built in a car which he can also use to timetravel. You can see it in Ant-man & The Wasp movie at the end. There are photo's (and video) with some of the Avengers wearing a watch sort of device which they use to timetravel within the quantum realm.

rezzy likes this.
post #5 of 33 Old 04-23-2019, 08:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1970 Post(s)
Liked: 2695
Quote:

Well there is a second Dr. Strange film is the works, rumor has it the film will follow the first one timewise, so I'm guessing Dr. Strange survives. Loki being the trickster god makes anything possible, if he is ever killed they will never to be sure it's really him.
rezzy likes this.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #6 of 33 Old 04-24-2019, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post
It is ant-man who has a quantum realm device built in a car which he can also use to timetravel. You can see it in Ant-man & The Wasp movie at the end. There are photo's (and video) with some of the Avengers wearing a watch sort of device which they use to timetravel within the quantum realm.

You may be onto something. In one of the earlier trailers, Ant-man shows up (at Avengers HQ?) and rings a video doorbell. Steve asks Natasha if they're looking at file footage. Does look as though he may have somehow passed "through" the Quantum Realm (and into the past?). Poor guy'll likely be confused either way, unaware of the battle and Snap taking place in Wakanda.

post #7 of 33 Old 04-24-2019, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You may be onto something. In one of the earlier trailers, Ant-man shows up (at Avengers HQ?) and rings a video doorbell. Steve asks Natasha if they're looking at file footage. Does look as though he may have somehow passed "through" the Quantum Realm (and into the past?). Poor guy'll likely be confused either way, unaware of the battle and Snap taking place in Wakanda.
In the end of Ant-man & The Wasp he is working in the quantum realm with his budies waiting in this world near the car monitoring him using all sorts of equipment. When he comes back from the quantum world they are gone (being in the quantum world he could escape from the snap). So he knows that people are gone (on a large scale). He probably drove the car to Avengers headquarter to get some info on what is going on.

It is actually not his vehicle. It is Luis' Van (Michael Peña) which is now in use as a mobile laboratory.
rezzy likes this.
post #8 of 33 Old 04-24-2019, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

OK, but I don't theatrically recall seeing him emerge from the QR (need to watch again). Had the impression his team had to extract him...

Ready for an Eternity War?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fin.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	716.1 KB
ID:	2557754  

post #9 of 33 Old 04-24-2019, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OK, but I don't theatrically recall seeing him emerge from the QR (need to watch again). Had the impression his team had to extract him...

Ready for an Eternity War?
You are right. He is still in the QR. But since he drove to Avengers HQ after the snap were some of the Avengers returned after the snap they are in the same timeperiod, it shows that he came back to the real world after those who monitored him were gone. It is not in the movie itself but after when the endcredits roll. What they show is him in the quantum realm and the others gone. Here is a precise description of what happens.

Spoiler!

Last edited by 8mile13; 04-24-2019 at 04:13 PM.
post #10 of 33 Old 04-24-2019, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, it's already occurred and probably everyone's seen Ant-man & the Wasp, so no spoiler-tags required for anything previously released. Comic book spoilers are welcome, though.

Maybe Scott has found a way to time-ravel through the QR as you suggested. Or the extractor device could retrieve him via a back-up timer in case of an ER. Or perhaps he'll find some power source in the QR that'll allow him to jettison out as Giant-man. So many possibilities. I'll try to catch an early Friday showing.

post #11 of 33 Old 04-25-2019, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Spider-Man: Homecoming ends this "current phase", producer Kevin Feige is alleged to have said. Interesting. I can only assume the Avengers are disbanding, and the MCU will mostly focus on individual characters. I wonder what the next "phase" (Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy 3) will focus on?

post #12 of 33 Old 04-26-2019, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, it's already occurred and probably everyone's seen Ant-man & the Wasp, so no spoiler-tags required for anything previously released. Comic book spoilers are welcome, though.

Maybe Scott has found a way to time-ravel through the QR as you suggested. Or the extractor device could retrieve him via a back-up timer in case of an ER. Or perhaps he'll find some power source in the QR that'll allow him to jettison out as Giant-man. So many possibilities. I'll try to catch an early Friday showing.
I read somewere that while Ant-man was in the QR and the others gone a rat in the van was being responsable for bringing him back.
rezzy likes this.
post #13 of 33 Old 04-26-2019, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

A co-worker told me Adam Warlock was bad but later turned into a "good guy". I remember him being a bit conflicted (anti-hero) like the Hulk; I wonder if he'll emerge as the new threat to mankind.....

post #14 of 33 Old 04-28-2019, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I guess we're supposed to forget about Conan and Blade...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	coblade.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2559632  

post #15 of 33 Old 04-29-2019, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 573
I finally got to see this today. Went to the BigD, but they had projector issues, and ended up getting herded to another, smaller theater. Still, it was fun with more people in the audience.

I'm still trying to decide what I think of the movie. On one hand, there were some GREAT moments.

On the other, I generally don't like time travel as a plot device, and this movie didn't change my mind on that point.
rezzy and JediMindTrick like this.

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!
The Plains Theater Has Begun
Pro Designed Room - Measurements Before/During/After Treatments.
post #16 of 33 Old 04-30-2019, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Time-travel can be a good plot device if utilized properly, but because of its paradoxical nature, it rarely is. I liked, but wasn't blown away by Infinity, while many seem to feel Endgame is way inferior. I enjoyed it but will have to see it again in IMAX, as I went in sleepy the first go-round...
J_P_A likes this.

post #17 of 33 Old 05-01-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Time-travel can be a good plot device if utilized properly, but because of its paradoxical nature, it rarely is. I liked, but wasn't blown away by Infinity, while many seem to feel Endgame is way inferior. I enjoyed it but will have to see it again in IMAX, as I went in sleepy the first go-round...
For me, I usually watch a movie the first time and just turn off the brain. I'm there to be fed a story with pretty pictures. Normally, it's the subsequent viewings where I'll pick up on inconsistencies and the like. I'm far from a stickler, though. So plot holes and paradoxes have to be pretty glaring for me to take exception. But even after one viewing, A4 has some points that are bugging me, and it's due to the time-travel element.

That said, I'm sure this will end up being one of my favorite movies in the Marvel Universe if for no other reason than the shear scope of the thing. Where it will end up in my ranking, though, I'm not sure.
rezzy likes this.

post #18 of 33 Old 05-01-2019, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

One should keep in mind that this is actually not the End(game). Plenty of people got the wrong the impression that this is the end and there will be a fresh new start. Some stuff in this movie will be further explored in future Marvel movies.
J_P_A likes this.
post #19 of 33 Old 05-02-2019, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I know that I missed a lot of details, but I did notice (and haven't heard any chatter on) how the Gauntlet switched hands; it was worn on the left hand in Infinity. Perhaps I missed the explanation, but I'll see it again in the morning in full IMAX.

post #20 of 33 Old 05-02-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

End game has a different gauntlet. At least at the end. If I remember correctly, the one at the beginning is on Thanos' left hand.

post #21 of 33 Old 05-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
I know that I missed a lot of details, but I did notice (and haven't heard any chatter on) how the Gauntlet switched hands; it was worn on the left hand in Infinity. Perhaps I missed the explanation, but I'll see it again in the morning in full IMAX.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was because Tony had an "Iron Man" Gauntlet in Endgame (as opposed to the one Thanos had forged in [the events prior to] Infinity War).

I was really irked that they went for the time travel route (it was all fine and well before they tried to have the Time-Witch come up with 'rules'). Time travel is fine in my opinion if you go the non-explaining-how-it-works kind of way. As soon as 'logic' is introduced, I tend to just look for things to break the logic (and Endgame had a lot of inconsistencies with its logic).

Overall, I though IW was a much better movie, this one would have been a bit better if Thanos didn't seem stronger without the gauntlet than with it (in IW, with a few stones, he was 'losing' to IM, Spidey, and some of the GotGs; in EG, he made Thor, Cap, IM, and even Captain Marvel look weaker than him [apparently the Russo's said he 'was not trying as hard in IW' which I find to be a lazy excuse)]).

Going to see it again this weekend to see if I was just being overly pessimistic about the movie or not though.
post #22 of 33 Old 05-02-2019, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was because Tony had an "Iron Man" Gauntlet in Endgame (as opposed to the one Thanos had forged in [the events prior to] Infinity War).

I was really irked that they went for the time travel route (it was all fine and well before they tried to have the Time-Witch come up with 'rules'). Time travel is fine in my opinion if you go the non-explaining-how-it-works kind of way. As soon as 'logic' is introduced, I tend to just look for things to break the logic (and Endgame had a lot of inconsistencies with its logic).

Overall, I though IW was a much better movie, this one would have been a bit better if Thanos didn't seem stronger without the gauntlet than with it (in IW, with a few stones, he was 'losing' to IM, Spidey, and some of the GotGs; in EG, he made Thor, Cap, IM, and even Captain Marvel look weaker than him [apparently the Russo's said he 'was not trying as hard in IW' which I find to be a lazy excuse)]).

Going to see it again this weekend to see if I was just being overly pessimistic about the movie or not though.
The Time Travel route was fine by me if they were consistent about it. What is a pretty major plot hole was how Bruce Banner mentioned that changing the past would not impact the future but branch off into another timeline, but then Captain America was able to go back and live out his life and appear at the end as an old man. And since he supposedly lived out his life with Peggy Carter, how is it possible Peggy Carter married someone else as shown in earlier films, and does that mean Captain America made out with his granddaughter Sharon Carter in Civil war??
J_P_A and JediMindTrick like this.
post #23 of 33 Old 05-02-2019, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsendoh View Post
The Time Travel route was fine by me if they were consistent about it. What is a pretty major plot hole was how Bruce Banner mentioned that changing the past would not impact the future but branch off into another timeline, but then Captain America was able to go back and live out his life and appear at the end as an old man. And since he supposedly lived out his life with Peggy Carter, how is it possible Peggy Carter married someone else as shown in earlier films, and does that mean Captain America made out with his granddaughter Sharon Carter in Civil war??
These are the sorts of things I normally don't think about when I watch a movie like this the first time. But when I go back and watch it again, they start to bother me. It's tough to do a time-travel story without plot holes that you normally don't have time to address.

I do wish they had gone another route with the plot, but they sort of painted themselves into that corner at the outset by destroying the stones.
rezzy likes this.

post #24 of 33 Old 05-03-2019, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post

Yeah, you're right. I completely missed (snoozed) the scene where Stark creates a new Gaunlet during my first viewing. And since Cap had to return the stones (Time Stone back to the Supreme sorcerer), Doctor Strange in theory, shouldn't have been at the final battle. I don't think. And would've been nice if Stark had frozen and reversed time instead of snapping again; Thor would've likely survived had he gotten hold of the Glove.

I still kind of hold to my theory that because Nebula from the present is compromised, Thanos from the past is mostly ready for the Avengers. Perhaps even had his battle-blade forged from Thor's "source". And did Gamorra from the past get dusted at Stark's snapture? Did present Cap kill his doppleganger in 1945? Is Valkyrie really Loki? What a connundrum!!!
J_P_A likes this.

Last edited by rezzy; 05-03-2019 at 01:14 PM.
post #25 of 33 Old 05-04-2019, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Was racking my brain trying to figure out who the tall young man is at Tony's funeral. My daughter thinks he's the kid from Iron Man 3. Nice of them to bring him back, if true; could he be a new Iron man? Also, I looked for "Howard" on my second viewing, but I guess it's really too fast to notice, LOL!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HtD.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	2562446  

post #26 of 33 Old 05-04-2019, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked: 1619
Quote:
Was racking my brain trying to figure out who the tall young man is at Tony's funeral. My daughter thinks he's the kid from Iron Man 3. Nice of them to bring him back, if true; could he be a new Iron man? Also, I looked for "Howard" on my second viewing, but I guess it's really too fast to notice, LOL!
He is the kid from Iron Man 3 and the same actor.
rezzy likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #27 of 33 Old 05-05-2019, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Who was the lady on the steps at the funeral? I got so hung up on trying to place the kid, that I didn’t really look.

post #28 of 33 Old 05-05-2019, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Carol Danvers, then Fury last? I think. And I'm guessing the bicycle-kid Scott called to was also Stark's protege. Crap, have to watch again!

post #29 of 33 Old 05-05-2019, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

You’re probably right. Maybe the short hair is why I didn’t recognize her.
rezzy likes this.
post #30 of 33 Old 05-05-2019, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Oh, I really intended to ask: who's the artist singing over the opening credits following the first scene? Steve Winwood? Nice track, whoever it is. But the tune for the New Asgard scene was way too retro-sounding; that could've easily been on a GotG soundtrack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
avengers , endgame , Infinity , thanos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page