AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked: 4528
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon53 View Post
TUESDAY, APRIL 28

TRIVIA---Burt Reynolds, in his autobiography MY LIFE, commented on the DELIVERANCE rape scene involving Ned Beatty and the hillbilly played by William McKinney, “I swear to God, McKinney really wanted to hump Ned. And I think he was going to. He had it up, and he was going to bang him. Finally, I couldn’t stand it anymore. I ran into the scene, dove on McKinney, and pulled him off Ned. [director John] Boorman helped hold him down. Ned, crying with rage and fear, found a big stick and started beating McKinney on the head.” When Reynolds asked Boorman why he took so long to stop filming, he replied, “I was waiting for you to run in. I knew when you ran in that I’d taken the audience to breaking point.”

I read that Ned Beatty, in the ultimate preparation for a scene, actually allowed it to happen the night before.

Also from the same source, rumor has it that a close look-a-like relative of Lee Van Cleef (see post no. 4 ) resumed the actor's career after a fatal car accident.

Scurrilous rumors, no doubt. Believe them or not.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 84 Old 05-04-2020, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 44
MONDAY, MAY 4

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
THE SPY WHO LOVED ME is considered to be the best of the Roger Moore James Bond movies, and legendary director Stanley Kubrick and his daughter had key roles in making the movie.
During the filming of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, cinematographer Claude Renoir's poor eyesight prevented him from devising the proper lighting for the massive stage featuring the submarine dock in the supertanker Liparus. Production designer Ken Adam, who worked with Stanley Kubrick on DR. STRANGELOVE, asked Kubrick for advice, "So I called Stanley up and asked him down to Pinewood to give me ideas. At first he said I was out of my mind but eventually he agreed to come on a Sunday when only security were around...He spent three or four hours with me telling me how he would light the stage. And of course the whole thing being in secret appealed to Stanley's sense of drama."
Also, Kubrick's daughter, Katharina Kubrick Hobbs, who worked in the studio art department, designed the steel teeth for Bond Villain Jaws, "My claim to fame is that I designed Jaws steel teeth. It was a throw away job they gave to the art dept junior who could draw...( me). Who knew they would become so iconic?"

James Bond production designer Ken Adam designed the Pentagon War Room in Stanley Kubrick's DR. STRANGELOVE.

Adam asked Kubrick for help in lighting THE SPY WHO LOVED ME's massive stage featuring the submarine dock in the supertanker Liparus.

Stanley Kubrick's daughter, Katharina Kubrick Hobbs, designed the steel teeth for Bond Villain Jaws.

Jaws's steel teeth on display at the International Spy Museum in Washington, DC.

Ben23 and Panson like this.
post #33 of 84 Old 05-05-2020, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---Michael Caine talked about the proposed sequel to the hit gold heist movie THE ITALIAN JOB, “What happened was, we were in the south of France. We switched on the engine, ran it for several hours. The gold was at one end and we were at the other. The engine ran out of petrol so the balance went alright. We got out of the coach and then the weight of the gold once we were out pushed it over the edge. Waiting at the bottom of the cliff was the French mafia, and they ran off with it and the sequel was we chaise them through the Riviera.”
Caine said the sequel was never filmed because it was his fault the movie was not a hit in the US. Caine refused to do a publicity tour in the US because the movie poster showed a machine gun-armed gangster sitting next to a nude woman, “I said: men who want to see naked women will walk out and women with children won’t go see it. I never publicized the movie, and so it died in America.”

Last edited by dragon53; 05-05-2020 at 04:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 84 Old 05-05-2020, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2389 Post(s)
Liked: 2786
Quote:
TRIVIA---Michael Caine talked about the proposed sequel to the hit gold heist movie...
Was this movie The Italian Job?
post #35 of 84 Old 05-05-2020, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

KEN F:

Yeah, I accidentally omitted the title, but corrected it.
Ken.F likes this.
post #36 of 84 Old 05-05-2020, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

No matter, I prefer The Italian Job (2003).

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

post #37 of 84 Old 05-06-2020, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---stuntman/actor/producer Dick Crockett was Willam Shatner's double in the STAR TREK episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before". He also appeared in the episodes "The Trouble with Tribbles" and "The Gamesters of Triskelion". Crockett was a good friend of director Blake Edwards and was a stuntman and co-producer on many of his movies. Perhaps Crockett's biggest role in a Blake Edwards movie was playing President Gerald R. Ford in THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN.

Stuntman/actor/producer Dick Crockett was Willam Shatner's double in the STAR TREK episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

Crockett also appeared in the episode "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Crockett also appeared in episode "The Gamesters of Triskelion".

Perhaps Crockett's biggest role in a Blake Edwards movie was playing President Gerald R. Ford in THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN.

post #38 of 84 Old 05-07-2020, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Send a message via AIM to Fredstwofeet
Name That Movie

How many can you get?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blob.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	2722388  
post #39 of 84 Old 05-07-2020, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---J. Lee Thompson directed the hit World War II movie THE GUNS OF NAVARONE based on the Alistair MacLean novel. During filming, actress Gia Scala asked to cut Thompson's hair and shaved a strip on the back of his head. Thompson said, "Gia Scala, who was a little crazy, decided I needed a haircut. She was a little upset over some scene we had done. I just sat there while she cut my hair and she ruined it. It made me look ridiculous! I had to wear a hat." Actor James Darren mitigated the bad haircut a little by making up the back of Thompson's head. According to some sources, Scala retaliated because Thompson ordered her to get her hair cut short to make her look boyish over her objections.
Thompson said about working with Scala earlier on AIM AT THE STARS, "She was absolutely crazy...after the film was finished, I said, 'Thank God. I hope I never have to work with her again. And then when I inherited GUNS OF NAVARONE, who was in the cast? Gia Scala!"
In 1972, Scala was found dead in her home. Los Angeles County Coroner Thomas Noguchi ruled her death was accidental by "acute ethanol and barbiturate intoxication".
However, Scala's sister claimed she was murdered because her nude body was found sprawled across her bed, there were bruises on her body and blood on her pillow.

Gia Scala with David Niven and James Darren in THE GUNS OF NAVARONE.

Tack and Panson like this.
post #40 of 84 Old 05-07-2020, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I saw The Guns of Navarone (1961) in its original theatrical run. Can't remember much about that occasion 'cept famous acting faces, and an audience thoroughly enjoying it. Audiences could be demonstrative then, in appreciation and dislike.

Honestly, Gia Scala is vague, against the likes of who I grew up with--Brigitte, Gina, Sophia, Marilyn, Jayne, Mamie. However, I've spent the last couple of hours trying to make amends, with the help of a few rough references. R.I.P. Gia Scala (1934 - 1972).

Gia Scala profile in timeline:

http://www.glamourgirlsofthesilversc...how.php?id=241

The Guns of Navarone director interview:

https://www.thedigitalbits.com/site_...interview.html

Gia Scala's former house:

http://www.iamnotastalker.com/2018/1...-former-house/

post #41 of 84 Old 05-08-2020, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---in the original KING KONG, the biplane pilot and gunner who shot Kong off the Empire State Building were played by the movie's directors/producers, Merian C. Cooper and Ernest B. Schoedsack. Cooper said about their cameos, "We should kill the son-of-a-bitch ourselves."
Cooper was a US Army Air Service pilot in World War I and was a POW after his DH4 biplane was shot down. Schoedsack was a cameraman in the Signal Corps and flew a number of combat missions in World War I.

Merian C. Cooper played the biplane pilot who killed King Kong.

Ernest B. Schoedsack played the biplane's gunner.

TRIVIA---Catherine Mary Stewart is perhaps best know for co-starring in THE LAST STARFIGHTER, but her first role in a major movie was playing a London sales clerk in NIGHTHAWKS with Sylvester Stallone and Rutger Hauer. '"I had a small role in Nighthawks. It was with Rutger Hauer. He was pure evil in this show and never broke character, around me at least. He terrified me as a young, new actor. This was only my third role after "The Apple" and "Powder Heads", a Canadian ski comedy. I was back in London and Sylvester Stallone cast me."' Stewart said apparently her British accent was not very convincing because her voice was dubbed in the final film.

Catherine Mary Stewart is perhaps best know for co-starring in THE LAST STARFIGHTER.

Stewart's first role in a major movie was playing a London sales clerk in NIGHTHAWKS with Sylvester Stallone and Rutger Hauer.

Ben23 likes this.
post #42 of 84 Old 05-11-2020, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

In THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, James Bond goes undercover as marine biologist Robert Sterling to investigate Bond Villain Karl Stromberg, who has hijacked nuclear submarines in order to start a nuclear war and kill all of mankind so he can rule the Earth from his sea base at the bottom of the sea.
In the movie VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM of the SEA, Robert Sterling played Capt. Lee Crane, commander of the nuclear submarine Seaview, who must help save mankind from a global catastrophe after the Van Allen radiation belt is set on fire.

In THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, James Bond goes undercover as marine biologist Robert Sterling to investigate Bond Villain Karl Stromberg, who has hijacked nuclear submarines in order to start a nuclear war and kill all of mankind so he can rule the Earth from his sea base at the bottom of the sea.

In the movie VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM of the SEA, Robert Sterling played Capt. Lee Crane, commander of the nuclear submarine Seaview, who must help save mankind from a global catastrophe after the Van Allen radiation belt is set on fire.

post #43 of 84 Old 05-12-2020, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---director Richard Donner is known for the LETHAL WEAPON franchise, SUPERMAN and THE OMEN, but early in his career he directed six episodes of THE TWILIGHT ZONE including the classic NIGHTMARE AT 20,000 FEET starring William Shatner. The episode was written by famed sci fi writer Richard Matheson and co-starred Christine White, a University of North Carolina graduate who was the girlfriend of James Dean.

Director Richard Donner is known for the LETHAL WEAPON franchise.

Donner directed six episodes of THE TWILIGHT ZONE including the classic NIGHTMARE AT 20,000 FEET starring William Shatner. The episode was written by famed sci fi writer Richard Matheson and co-starred Christine White, a University of North Carolina graduate who was the girlfriend of James Dean.

Tack and Ben23 like this.
post #44 of 84 Old 05-13-2020, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---CATWOMAN received four Golden Raspberry Awards in 2005. Star Halle Berry surprisingly appeared at the awards ceremony to pick up her Razzie where she thanked Warner Bros., “for casting me in this piece-of-sh*t, god-awful movie”.

Tack and Ben23 like this.
post #45 of 84 Old 05-14-2020, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---in John Frankenheimer's SEVEN DAYS IN MAY scene where President Jordan Lyman is talking to NORAD Gen. Barney Rutkowski on the video screen about tracking the military coup's cargo jets, Gen. Rutkowski is played by film editor Ferris Webster. Webster was film editor on movies including FORBIDDEN PLANET, THE GREAT ESCAPE, HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN and THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE.

In SEVEN DAYS IN MAY, NORAD Gen. Barney Rutkowski is played by film editor Ferris Webster.

Ferris Webster was film editor on movies including FORBIDDEN PLANET, THE GREAT ESCAPE, HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE and THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN.

FORBIDDEN PLANET

THE GREAT ESCAPE

HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE

Last edited by dragon53; 05-14-2020 at 11:20 AM.
post #46 of 84 Old 05-15-2020, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---Kate Winslet commented on the movie's soundtrack, “I feel like throwing up when I hear it. No, actually, I do feel like throwing up. I wish I could say, ‘Oh listen, everybody! It’s the Celine Dion song!’ But I don’t. I just have to sit there, you know, kind of straight-faced with a massive internal eye-roll.”

post #47 of 84 Old 05-17-2020, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 76
We really dodged the bullet when Eddie Murphy turned down Katherine Hick's role in Star Trek: The Voyage Home, because although he was a big Trek fan, he was sure Coming to America would be a block buster hit!

https://ew.com/article/2016/11/27/st...phy-lost-role/
post #48 of 84 Old 05-18-2020, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

In DIE ANOTHER DAY, Halle Berry was filming a steamy love scene with Pierce Brosnan and a fig when she began to choke on the fig, "I am supposed to be trying to be all sexy with a fig — and then I end up choking on it. And he had to get up and do the Heimlich. So not sexy, so not sexy. He was there for me, and he will always be one of my favorite people in the whole world."

LINK:

TRIVIA--in Alfred Hitchcock's REAR WINDOW, Hitchcock's traditional cameo has him winding a clock in the songwriter's apartment. The songwriter was played by Ross Bagdasarian, who was better known as David Seville, creator of Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Ben23 likes this.

Last edited by dragon53; 05-18-2020 at 10:22 AM.
post #49 of 84 Old 05-18-2020, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Murphy’s persona and style at the time would not have gone over well with Star Trek fans and would have hurt both properties. Does anybody remember Richard Pryor in Superman III? It’s probably better to forget. Paramount nearly repeated Warner Brothers’ mistake.
post #50 of 84 Old 05-19-2020, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---in Clint Eastwood's HANG 'EM HIGH courtroom scene, the prosecuting attorney is played by Mark Lenard, who starred on the PLANET OF THE APES tv series as Chief of Security Urko. The defense attorney is played by Tod Andrews, who played Col. "Skipper" Maddox in BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES.

In Clint Eastwood's HANG 'EM HIGH courtroom scene, the prosecuting attorney is played by Mark Lenard, who starred on the PLANET OF THE APES tv series as Chief of Security Urko.

The defense attorney is played by Tod Andrews, who played Col. "Skipper" Maddox in BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES with James Franciscus.

post #51 of 84 Old 05-20-2020, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---in CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER (Harrison Ford, Willem Dafoe), a Navy F/A-18 Hornet launches a smart bomb and destroys a villa where Colombian drug lords are meeting. In reality, the movie production crew bought a villa from a woman who had unpleasant memories from the villa after she got it in her divorce and was happy to sell it for destruction.

post #52 of 84 Old 05-21-2020, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

In NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, Sean Connery's last James Bond movie, Gavan O'Herlihy played US Air Force Captain Jack Petachi, who is seduced by Fatima Blush to join the SPECTRE plot. O'Herlihy played the original Chuck Cunningham on HAPPY DAYS.

O'Herlihy played the original Chuck Cunningham on HAPPY DAYS.

TRIVIA---Jimmy Stewart and George Kennedy appeared together in two airplane disaster movies, THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX and AIRPORT '77. In AIRORT '77, when Jack Lemmon, the pilot of a 747 airliner that crashed in the Bermuda Triangle, reached the surface to transmit an SOS signal, the Navy radioman who picked up the signal is played by his son, Chris Lemmon.

Jimmy Stewart and George Kennedy appeared together in two airplane disaster movies, THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX and AIRPORT '77.

In AIRORT '77, when Jack Lemmon, the pilot of a 747 airliner that crashed in the Bermuda Triangle, reached the surface to transmit an SOS signal, the Navy radioman who picked up the signal is played by his son, Chris Lemmon.

post #53 of 84 Old 05-22-2020, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---in Ray Harryhausen's classic 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH, child actor Bart Bradley played Pepe, the Sicilian boy who recovered the Ymir egg. As an adult actor, Bart Braverman, he played Binzer in VEGA$ with Robert Urich.

Child actor Bart Bradley played Pepe, the Sicilian boy who recovered the Ymir egg.

As an adult actor, Bart Braverman, he played Binzer in VEGA$ with Robert Urich.

post #54 of 84 Old 05-25-2020, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

MEMORIAL DAY MOVIE TRIVIA---actor Tim Holt is best known for co-starring with Humphrey Bogart in John Huston's classic THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE. During World War II, Holt was a bombardier on a B-29 Superfortress in which he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and a Purple Heart when he was wounded over Tokyo on the last day of the war.
Before his combat tour, Holt was a member of a top secret program, later named Project X-Ray, which was suggested by oral surgeon Dr. Lytle Adams and was personally approved by President Franklin Roosevelt. Project X-Ray would have bombers drop bombs carrying bats with tiny napalm explosives glued to them. The bats would enter Japanese homes and buildings, which were mostly of wooden and paper construction, and the napalm would detonate to devastate Japanese cities.

Tim Holt co-starred with Humphrey Bogart in John Huston's classic THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE.

During World War II, Holt was a bombardier on a B-29 Superfortress in which he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and a Purple Heart when he was wounded over Tokyo on the last day of the war.

Before his combat tour, Holt was the bombardier in a top secret program which was later named Project X-Ray. The photo below shows a test bat with the napalm bomb glued to its body and the bat-carrying bomb itself. Each five foot-long bomb would carry 1,040 bats.
A report on the bat bombs said they would be far superior to standard incendiary bombs that were being dropped on Japanese cities, "It was concluded that X-Ray is an effective weapon. Expressed in another way, the regular bombs would give probably 167 to 400 fires per bomb load where X-Ray would give 3,625 to 4,748 fires." However, Project X-Ray was cancelled because it was felt the atomic bomb would be more effective in achieving mass destruction compared to the bat bombs.

Several Project X-Ray bat bombs accidentally set Carlsbad Army Air Field Auxiliary Air Base, New Mexico on fire.

Ironically, in one of Holt's last movies, he played a military officer battling deadly creatures instead of helping them in THE MONSTER THAT CHALLENGED THE WORLD.

MEMORIAL DAY MOVIE TRIVIA---Wayne Morris starred in KID GALAHAD with Edward G. Robinson, Humphrey Bogart and Bette Davis. While filming FLIGHT ANGELS, he became interested in naval aviation and joined the Navy before the US entered World War II. Morris was rejected for duty as a fighter pilot because he was too big, so he asked his uncle-in-law, Cdr. David McCampbell, the Navy's top ace and Medal of Honor recipient, for help. McCampbell arranged for Morris to be assigned to McCampbell's fighter squadron, VF-15 "McCampbell's Heroes" on the aircraft carrier USS Essex. Morris shot down seven Japanese aircraft and helped sink five enemy warships. He was awarded four Distinguished Flying Crosses and was the only Hollywood actor to achieve ace status.
One of Morris' last roles, considered to be his finest, was Lt. Roget in Stanley Kubrick's PATHS OF GLORY. In 1959 Morris suffered a fatal heart attack aboard the aircraft carrier USS Bon Homme Richard as a guest of McCampbell.

Wayne Morris starred in KID GALAHAD with Edward G. Robinson, Humphrey Bogart and Bette Davis.

In World War II, Morris shot down seven Japanese aircraft and helped sink five Japanese warships for which he was awarded four Distinguished Flying Crosses. Morris was the only Hollywood actor to achieve ace status.

One of Morris' last roles, considered to be his finest, was Lt. Roget in Stanley Kubrick's PATHS OF GLORY.

Last edited by dragon53; 05-25-2020 at 09:54 AM.
post #55 of 84 Old 05-26-2020, 05:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 736
Quote:
Before his combat tour, Holt was a member of a top secret program, later named Project X-Ray, which was suggested by oral surgeon Dr. Lytle Adams and was personally approved by President Franklin Roosevelt. Project X-Ray would have bombers drop bombs carrying bats with tiny napalm explosives glued to them. The bats would enter Japanese homes and buildings, which were mostly of wooden and paper construction, and the napalm would detonate to devastate Japanese cities.

Each five foot-long bomb would carry 1,040 bats.
A report on the bat bombs said they would be far superior to standard incendiary bombs that were being dropped on Japanese cities, "It was concluded that X-Ray is an effective weapon. Expressed in another way, the regular bombs would give probably 167 to 400 fires per bomb load where X-Ray would give 3,625 to 4,748 fires." However, Project X-Ray was cancelled because it was felt the atomic bomb would be more effective in achieving mass destruction compared to the bat bombs.
Good god...
post #56 of 84 Old 05-26-2020, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

In the original CASINO ROYALE, director Joe McGrath talked about a deleted scene in which Ursula Andress shoots Ian Hendry (THE AVENGERS) and drops his wrapped body down a rubbish chute, "I used Ian Hendry in CASINO ROYALE as a hitman. So Ursula Andress is in a private firing area and she has a target – you know that you wind up and down – and so she winds the target back down and she has a whole series of guns laid out in front of her. And she’s reaching for the gun when this hit-man appears behind the target. It’s Ian Hendry.
And he is just about to shoot her and he says this is a Beretta, you know, and he tells it’s caliber, it’s an Italian make and some hit-men use it. And she says, ‘oh really’ and she quickly picks up gun and say this is a Walter PPK. Bang! And she shoots him, you know, and then she goes along each gun and she she explains this gun and shoots him in a different part – so that it takes about six bullets and in, you know, at the end he says, ‘you know I’ll never forgive you for this,” you know and he dies. She then puts him in a parcel and sends him off.
Now the Ian Hendry’s scene is cut out of the film. So you start the scene with her with a parcel, saying get rid of this rubbish, you know, tomorrow morning. Now you don’t know what’s in that parcel. That’s Ian Hendry,"

post #57 of 84 Old 05-27-2020, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---May 27, 2020 is the 79th anniversary of the sinking of the German battleship Bismarck in World War II.
In World War II, British actor Esmond Knight was a gunnery officer on the new battleship HMS Prince of Wales when it accompanied the battle cruiser HMS Hood as they intercepted the Bismarck on its maiden combat voyage in the Denmark Strait.
Only minutes after the Battle of the Denmark Strait began, Knight saw the Bismarck sink the Hood with only three survivors out of its crew of 1.418. Knight said, ". . . I remember listening for it and thinking it would be a most tremendous explosion, but I don't remember hearing an explosion at all." Many of the battleship's crew heard little or nothing from the Hood exploding, perhaps due to the Prince of Wales's own cannons and machinery. The Bismarck then directed its fire against the Prince of Wales. In the resulting hits, Knight was wounded and lost sight in both eyes. Two years later, medical treatment restored partial vision in his right eye.
In the 1960 movie SINK THE BISMARCK!, Knight played Capt. John Leach, commander of the Prince of Wales.
In ROBIN AND MARIAN, Knight, with his glass eye removed, played the old man who conversed with Robin Hood (Sean Connery) and then defied King Richard I (Richard Harris).

In World War II, actor Esmond Knight was a gunnery officer on the battleship HMS Prince of Wales when it and the battle cruiser HMS Hood dueled with the battleship Bismarck. Knight was blinded when the Prince of Wales was hit by fire from the Bismarck. In the movie SINK THE BISMARCK!, Knight played Capt. John Leach, commander of the Prince of Wales.

In ROBIN AND MARIAN, Knight, with his glass eye removed, played the old man who conversed with Robin Hood (Sean Connery) and then defied King Richard I (Richard Harris).

post #58 of 84 Old 05-28-2020, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---in THE NAKED 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, the fertility clinic whip-cracking dominatrix was played by Julie Strain. Strain was a former PENTHOUSE Pet of the Month in June, 1991 and Pet of the Year in 1993. After falling from the horse she was riding, Strain suffered amnesia which led to degenerative dementia. Reports of her death in January, 2020 were false.

In THE NAKED 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, the fertility clinic whip-cracking dominatrix was played by Julie Strain

Strain was a former PENTHOUSE Pet of the Month in June, 1991 and Pet of the Year in 1993. After Strain fell from the horse she was riding, she suffered amnesia which led to degenerative dementia.

post #59 of 84 Old 05-29-2020, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---in STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER, "God" was played by George Murdock. Murdock appeared on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION as Admiral JP Hanson in "The Best Of Both Worlds" and "The Best Of Both Worlds, Part II".

In STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER, "God" was played by George Murdock.

Murdock appeared on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION as Admiral JP Hanson in "The Best Of Both Worlds" and "The Best Of Both Worlds, Part II".

post #60 of 84 Old 06-01-2020, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia and June 1 is National Dinosaur Day. so dinosaur movie trivia is included.
In ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., Raquel Welch's cavewoman grunts were dubbed by Nikki van der Zyl, a voice actress best known for dubbing the voices of Bond Girls in the classic James Bond movies including THUNDERBALL, DR. NO, GOLDFINGER, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE and others. Welch was supposed to be the Bond Girl in THUNDERBALL, but co-starred in FANTASTIC VOYAGE and was replaced by Claudine Auger, whose voice was dubbed by Nikki van der Zyl.
ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. cast members who also appeared in James Bond movies include Martine Beswick, Robert Brown and Percy Herbert.

In ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., Raquel Welch's cavewoman grunts were dubbed by Nikki van der Zyl, a voice actress best known for dubbing the voices of Bond Girls in the classic James Bond movies.

Welch was supposed to be the Bond Girl in THUNDERBALL, but co-starred in FANTASTIC VOYAGE and was replaced by Claudine Auger, whose voice was dubbed by Nikki van der Zyl.

In ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., Martine Beswick had a catfight with Raquel Welch and a catfight with Aliza Gur in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

In ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., Robert Brown (right) played Akhoba, and he played Admiral Hargreaves in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and M in other James Bond movies. Percy Herbert (left) played Sakana, and he played a SMERSH piper in the original CASINO ROYALE.

ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. featured special effects master Ray Harryhausen's dinosaurs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page