Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 478 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1973Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14311 of 14545 Old 12-09-2019, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
Yes they have really crazy pricing @ the Goodwill, & noted the same things you are seeing, but like you I also picked up Dell Flat monitor triplets too. also when dad needed to replace his CRT monitor, I found a 17" 4x3 Sony LCD (similar to my 15), for $12. I have got high end DVD players for < $10, but when a Blue Ray player is there it's like > $30. Also found a missing Sony remote with nothing it would go to, possibly got separated from it's mate, no price, I got it for $1.

I think they are stealing the media...
The Goodwills by me couldn't even give away a CRT TV. They had them marked down as low as $3 until they no longer accepted them. If I had the room, I'd would have bought a mid 90's-early 00's 25 or 27 inch CRT just for watching the classic diginets.

I see standalone DVD players there a lot, but they are mostly early ones that lack HDMI and probably DVD+R/RW capability among other features. One location had a Sony Blu-Ray player for $10 a few years back, but without the remote, operating it would be next to impossible.

Yep, if you wait awhile and visit at the right time, you might find something at a great price. Found and bought lots of A/V cables for $1 a piece...Even 25 feet of CAT-5e eithernet cable. (Needed new ends, but I had the tool and connectors to repair it). I found a somewhat gutted Dell Dimension 4600 for $3 years ago, which I was able to repair and get working again. Even if I couldn't, the two optical drives were still worth the price. Heck, even Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0, Office 2003 Small Business Edition and other expensive software (although considered outdated nowadays) I've found and bought for $2.00.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14312 of 14545 Old 12-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
JJkizak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TWINSBURG, OHIO
Posts: 972
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
The Goodwills by me couldn't even give away a CRT TV. They had them marked down as low as $3 until they no longer accepted them. If I had the room, I'd would have bought a mid 90's-early 00's 25 or 27 inch CRT just for watching the classic diginets.

I see standalone DVD players there a lot, but they are mostly early ones that lack HDMI and probably DVD+R/RW capability among other features. One location had a Sony Blu-Ray player for $10 a few years back, but without the remote, operating it would be next to impossible.

Yep, if you wait awhile and visit at the right time, you might find something at a great price. Found and bought lots of A/V cables for $1 a piece...Even 25 feet of CAT-5e eithernet cable. (Needed new ends, but I had the tool and connectors to repair it). I found a somewhat gutted Dell Dimension 4600 for $3 years ago, which I was able to repair and get working again. Even if I couldn't, the two optical drives were still worth the price. Heck, even Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0, Office 2003 Small Business Edition and other expensive software (although considered outdated nowadays) I've found and bought for $2.00.

There is nothing wrong with Adobe Elements 5.0. Office 2003 would be a problem with the old file endings.


JJK
JJkizak is offline  
post #14313 of 14545 Old 12-09-2019, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJkizak View Post
There is nothing wrong with Adobe Elements 5.0. Office 2003 would be a problem with the old file endings.


JJK
Of course not. I'm using that version of Adobe Photoshop Elements on my Windows 10 desktop. Surprised that it works as it was designed for Windows XP.

By old file endings, do you mean differences between the old Office 97-2003 (.doc) format and the newer XML (.docx) format?

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14314 of 14545 Old 12-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Token Majove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ashtabula County, Ohio
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post



Woah, English please!
I get excited and tend to go unto Greek, my apologies
Quote:
it's not going to be pristine, & would think it couldn't be all that much worse than the VHS Tape.... or could it?
there was a high velocity vinyl video disc (vhd) that was pretty awful, and flopped quite hard.. also there was an attempt to use audio tapes to record video.. but that was never meant to be anything more than a niche
Token Majove is offline  
post #14315 of 14545 Old 12-09-2019, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 3,136
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1503 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token Majove View Post
I get excited and tend to go unto Greek, my apologies
there was a high velocity vinyl video disc (vhd) that was pretty awful, and flopped quite hard.. also there was an attempt to use audio tapes to record video.. but that was never meant to be anything more than a niche
That wasn't the early 80's RCA video disc in the cartridge?
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #14316 of 14545 Old 12-10-2019, 04:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 3,940
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2054 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post

I wonder if future TV's, perhaps those with ATSC 3.0 capability, will be limited to 2-36 for a faster scan. AFAIK, just about every TV and device ranges from 2 to 69, even ones that were built after the digital transition...


With my DigitalStream box, I can stop the scan at any point and any new station pickup sticks, thus I don't have to wait until the scan is done after Ch 69.

I don't know if my Insignia works this way or not, yet.


- Pj
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #14317 of 14545 Old 12-10-2019, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
JJkizak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TWINSBURG, OHIO
Posts: 972
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Of course not. I'm using that version of Adobe Photoshop Elements on my Windows 10 desktop. Surprised that it works as it was designed for Windows XP.

By old file endings, do you mean differences between the old Office 97-2003 (.doc) format and the newer XML (.docx) format?

Yes, exactly. I use Adobe Elements 7 all the time. My Epson printer would not print my older .doc files and I had to revise all of them to .docx. This was after the Windows 7 update to Word.
JJK
JJkizak is offline  
post #14318 of 14545 Old 12-10-2019, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 3,136
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1503 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
With my DigitalStream box, I can stop the scan at any point and any new station pickup sticks, thus I don't have to wait until the scan is done after Ch 69.

I don't know if my Insignia works this way or not, yet.


- Pj
Insignia DT1 Box? The Zenith DTT901 (it's clone) can be stopped at any point also. Most TV's can .
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #14319 of 14545 Old 12-10-2019, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
With my DigitalStream box, I can stop the scan at any point and any new station pickup sticks, thus I don't have to wait until the scan is done after Ch 69.

I don't know if my Insignia works this way or not, yet.


- Pj
I can input a scan range on my Vizio HDTV, so instead of having it scan through all the unused frequencies that we have now, I can enter in 7-36 for a shorter scan. I can also use it to program in or reprogram a particular station without it wiping out the existing channels from memory. All I do is enter the station's RF channel in both fields.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #14320 of 14545 Old 12-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Token Majove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ashtabula County, Ohio
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
That wasn't the early 80's RCA video disc in the cartridge?
wait, you're actually right.. I was thinking of ced, but there was also vhd, which was another onesie video vinyl format.. don't get me wrong, both had impressive engineering... and when it worked right, it was good... But it seemed like it tried to do too much, and any little variation in playback (common) caused any benefits to evaporate pretty catastrophically from what I saw... But I wasnt actually around for it, just looking through the lens of history at it.

Edit: a video about ced if interested..
this guy covers a lot of obscure old audio/video formats, so the whole channel may be of interest to some here.. and here's one on vhd, which goes into comparison of the two as well...
.... I'm a hopeless nerd -_-
nsa1062 likes this.

Last edited by Token Majove; 12-10-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Token Majove is offline  
post #14321 of 14545 Old 12-10-2019, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token Majove View Post
wait, you're actually right.. I was thinking of ced, but there was also vhd, which was another onesie video vinyl format.. don't get me wrong, both had impressive engineering... and when it worked right, it was good... But it seemed like it tried to do too much, and any little variation in playback (common) caused any benefits to evaporate pretty catastrophically from what I saw... But I wasnt actually around for it, just looking through the lens of history at it.

Edit: a video about ced if interested.. https://youtu.be/0LrPe0rwXOU this guy covers a lot of obscure old audio/video formats, so the whole channel may be of interest to some here..
I didn't know such a format existed until I saw this video a few years ago.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #14322 of 14545 Old 12-10-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
If anyone has been following the other board lately, there are rumors of 107.3 The Wave changing formats at the end of the year. The speculated formats include country, soft AC, classic hits, to even a possible LMA by TSJ Media (operator of La Mega).

https://radioinsight.com/community/t...goodbye-again/

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #14323 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 01:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cleveland/Akron/Canton, OH - TV market
Posts: 5,067
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
I didn't know such a format existed until I saw this video a few years ago.
When I saw the link, I knew that it would be Techmoan. I have been a subscriber for some time now.
snowdog 88 and Token Majove like this.
Inundated is offline  
post #14324 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 02:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Token Majove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ashtabula County, Ohio
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
When I saw the link, I knew that it would be Techmoan. I have been a subscriber for some time now.
There's a few that do these types of videos, but techmoan may very well be the master at this craft. Technology Connections, when he covers something, is pretty damn good too.. but he covers a lot of topics, and isn't as dedicated to old media formats.. so they're fewer and farther between... But he did over an hour (3 part series) on CED, so he definitely goes quite nerdy.
snowdog 88 likes this.

Last edited by Token Majove; 12-11-2019 at 03:04 AM.
Token Majove is offline  
post #14325 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Here is a link to an announcement for another diginet called Circle starting in January which is being called a country music/lifestyle channel:

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-...riginal-shows/

EDIT: This link shows it coming on 43.3 WUAB:
https://www.rabbitears.info/search.p...network=Circle

Last edited by jkeldo; 12-11-2019 at 05:47 PM.
jkeldo is offline  
post #14326 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
If anyone has been following the other board lately, there are rumors of 107.3 The Wave changing formats at the end of the year. The speculated formats include country, soft AC, classic hits, to even a possible LMA by TSJ Media (operator of La Mega).

https://radioinsight.com/community/t...goodbye-again/
La Mega has been coming in a bit better the last couple of days on RF 6. It still is showing the error message. It also seemed a bit stronger on the Grundig portable signal meter on 87.7 so I wonder if they changed the power again.
jkeldo is offline  
post #14327 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeldo View Post
La Mega has been coming in a bit better the last couple of days on RF 6. It still is showing the error message. It also seemed a bit stronger on the Grundig portable signal meter on 87.7 so I wonder if they changed the power again.
I noticed that the other night when I decided to check on them. Still very snowy but at least I can read the error message now.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #14328 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
I noticed that the other night when I decided to check on them. Still very snowy but at least I can read the error message now.
Yes, the snow is still there just a bit less. That would be interesting if they ended up on 107.3 but who knows.
jkeldo is offline  
post #14329 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeldo View Post
Here is a link to an announcement for another diginet called Circle starting in January which is being called a country music/lifestyle channel:

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-...riginal-shows/

EDIT: This link shows it coming on 43.3 WUAB:
https://www.rabbitears.info/search.p...network=Circle
I just literally saw an advertisement for Circle TV on 19.2/MeTV during The Flintstones. (Watching the recording now). It will be on carried on 43.2. They're likely going to drop Bounce.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	circle wuab 43.2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2652700  

Newer is not always better.

Last edited by snowdog 88; 12-11-2019 at 06:04 PM.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #14330 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
I just literally saw an advertisement for Circle TV on 19.2/MeTV during The Flintstones. (Watching the recording now). It will be on carried on 43.2. They're likely going to drop Bounce. I'll get a screenshot up shortly.
That's interesting. Then the Rabbitears link I just posted a few posts back must be wrong:

https://www.rabbitears.info/search.p...network=Circle
jkeldo is offline  
post #14331 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 16,907
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1693 Post(s)
Liked: 714
All I know is which station is carrying it, and not necessarily which subchannel.

- Trip
unclehonkey likes this.

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is offline  
post #14332 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
All I know is which station is carrying it, and not necessarily which subchannel.

- Trip
OK, thanks for the clarification.
jkeldo is offline  
post #14333 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
All I know is which station is carrying it, and not necessarily which subchannel.

- Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeldo View Post
OK, thanks for the clarification.
I've been checking Circle's website periodically for updates, but none of their affiliates list a channel number, so until now I was mainly assuming 43.2. I really didn't expect WOIO/WUAB to add another subchannel for Circle, especially with the two HD channels and two SD channels that they already have all on one frequency. I suppose this means Bounce will be replaced and will likely be picked up by WEWS. Or... Bounce moves to WOIO 19.2 and MeTV gets dropped and is picked up by someone else, which I don't think will be the case as WUAB's contract with Bounce will be over at the beginning of the year.


EDIT: Bounce is toast. WOIO's about page still has the MeTV logo with Circle replacing the Bounce logo. Now if only they would fix that $#@&*% judder and boot My Network TV off of MeTV.
nsa1062 likes this.

Newer is not always better.

Last edited by snowdog 88; 12-11-2019 at 07:03 PM.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #14334 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 06:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Token Majove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ashtabula County, Ohio
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
I've been checking Circle's website periodically for updates, but none of their affiliates list a channel number, so until now I was mainly assuming 43.2. I really didn't expect WOIO/WUAB to add another subchannel for Circle, especially with the two HD channels and two SD channels that they already have all on one frequency. I suppose this means Bounce will be replaced and will likely be picked up by WEWS. Or... Bounce moves to WOIO 19.2 and MeTV gets dropped and is picked up by someone else, which I don't think will be the case as WUAB's contract with Bounce will be over at the beginning of the year.
I sure hope not... Youngstown has 3 HDs and one SD on WYTV and 2 HDs and 4 SDs on WYFX. They all suffer, as you can imagine. There are not nearly enough bits for mpeg2 to do this correctly!
Token Majove is offline  
post #14335 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token Majove View Post
I sure hope not... Youngstown has 3 HDs and one SD on WYTV and 2 HDs and 4 SDs on WYFX. They all suffer, as you can imagine. There are not nearly enough bits for mpeg2 to do this correctly!
For which station? Bounce on WEWS 5.5 wouldn't compress the rest of their channels any more than it does now as long as the convert Court TV to 480i like the majority of their affiliates.

I cringe when I see the picture quality of WKBN/WYTV. They need to somehow re-organize their channels to optimize picture quality, even if it means knocking off the simulcasts.

Has anyone noticed that WVIZ converted 25.5 to 720p about a month or so ago? It must be a very low bandwidth 720p as it looks just as soft as 480i. I'm not seeing any benefit other than more compression artifacting on 25.2 - 25.4.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #14336 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Token Majove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ashtabula County, Ohio
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Court tv is static enough of an image to where they can likely chop down the bitrate without affecting it too much to add another channel, though I wouldn't be a huge fan of that, I stream it anyways since I don't have a Cleveland antenna up currently (both sit in the barn awaiting a new tuner, preamp, and installation of the VHF antenna)
Token Majove is offline  
post #14337 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token Majove View Post
Court tv is static enough of an image to where they can likely chop down the bitrate without affecting it too much to add another channel, though I wouldn't be a huge fan of that, I stream it anyways since I don't have a Cleveland antenna up currently (both sit in the barn awaiting a new tuner, preamp, and installation of the VHF antenna)
I noticed that when 5.4 lit up earlier this year in 720p, 5.2 & 5.3 will at times get very blurry & compressed. It looks like 5.1 gets top priory, and 5.4 nibbles off of the rest when it needs it. (I never see Court TV get extremely compressed like Grit & Laff).

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #14338 of 14545 Old 12-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Token Majove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ashtabula County, Ohio
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
I noticed that when 5.4 lit up earlier this year in 720p, 5.2 & 5.3 will at times get very blurry & compressed. It looks like 5.1 gets top priory, and 5.4 nibbles off of the rest when it needs it. (I never see Court TV get extremely compressed like Grit & Laff).
My guess would be for some of the fancy transitions, it eats bits like crazy.. but most of it is a camera on a face that barely moves, so most of it is easy to compress.
Token Majove is offline  
post #14339 of 14545 Old 12-12-2019, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nsa1062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 1,361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeldo View Post
That's interesting. Then the Rabbitears link I just posted a few posts back must be wrong:

https://www.rabbitears.info/search.p...network=Circle
TiVo added a 43.3 about a week ago, but it has Bounce guide data and is incorrectly labeled "Grit" (and tunes to 43.2 for now). I assume this is a placeholder for Circle.
nsa1062 is offline  
post #14340 of 14545 Old 12-12-2019, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nsa1062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 1,361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
... and boot My Network TV off of MeTV.
This one really bugs me as I am often up at 1-3 AM. What's the sense of carrying this garbage that's on a dozen other cable channels on a classic TV channel?
nsa1062 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off