Portland, ME - HDTV - Page 173 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5161 of 5188 Old 04-16-2020, 06:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Brian in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Fairfield, Conn.
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighterjake View Post
I forgot to mention that I also have a pre-amp -- Radio Shack or Channel Master perhaps that I bought all those years ago, a powered amp splitter (I send the signal to three TVs in total) and I have a rotor.
Firefighterjake, I'm curious about that 25 year old rotor. Is it still in good working condition? I ask because you likely have a metal rotor. Most of the rotors made in the last 20 years are basically plastic. Even if you go with a two antenna solution, I'd keep the rotor on standby. You'll never get that kind of quality in a rotor today, unless you plan on paying a premium.

As for an antenna? I bought my Channel Master 20 years ago, and at that time those were among the best. Unfortunately, they have been bought out twice since then, so I don't know if they kept up the quality.
Brian in CT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5162 of 5188 Old 04-22-2020, 06:49 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Trip in VA . . .

If you look at the Rabbit Ear report out of the first 15 channels I can get all of them except for WVII/WFVX, WCSH and WPXT.

I do receive WMTW and WMEB crystal clear. WCSH was good until recently. I have never been able to get WVII/WFVX.
Firefighterjake is offline  
post #5163 of 5188 Old 04-22-2020, 06:51 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Trip in VA . . . You know I am not sure if we get WGBI or not . . . I tend to not watch as much OTA TV as my wife does. She particularly enjoys stations like METV, Justice Network, etc. whereas I tend to do more of the streaming deal.
Firefighterjake is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5164 of 5188 Old 04-22-2020, 06:53 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in CT View Post
Firefighterjake, I'm curious about that 25 year old rotor. Is it still in good working condition? I ask because you likely have a metal rotor. Most of the rotors made in the last 20 years are basically plastic. Even if you go with a two antenna solution, I'd keep the rotor on standby. You'll never get that kind of quality in a rotor today, unless you plan on paying a premium.

As for an antenna? I bought my Channel Master 20 years ago, and at that time those were among the best. Unfortunately, they have been bought out twice since then, so I don't know if they kept up the quality.
Brian in CT . . . Yup. Rotor seems to work pretty well. Once in a while with high winds the antenna gets pushed out of whack and we have to dial it back in. Truthfully with the way we aim the antenna usually we don't need to move it and can get both the TV stations to the north and south of us.
Brian in CT likes this.
Firefighterjake is offline  
post #5165 of 5188 Old 04-22-2020, 10:57 AM
Newbie
 
jcalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Swansea MA
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Had a little time last week to play with the antennas.....

I picked up one of the $20 RTL-SDR radios last week to get a better view of the poor signal quality caused by 2 edge reception.
First scan is the VHF Hi band showing local WMTW on RF CH8 (3 miles away) and WENH (48 miles away) on RF CH11. Both stations come in ok but WMTW has some occasional noise and dropouts.

Second scan is UHF showing six local stations. Of the six, only WPXT comes in even though there are three channels with higher signal strength. It is the closest to me and probably has the best S/N ratio.

Third scan is 550 MHZ to 900 MHZ and shows local LTE signals. I wonder if these could be causing problems with UHF reception?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2 antenna VHF HI Scan.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	427.8 KB
ID:	2714226   Click image for larger version

Name:	two antenna UHF Scan 450.0-650.0MHz.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	2714228   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 antenna LTE Scan 550.0-900.0MHz.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	2714230  

Last edited by jcalis; 04-22-2020 at 01:13 PM. Reason: misspell
jcalis is offline  
post #5166 of 5188 Old 04-22-2020, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Brian in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Fairfield, Conn.
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalis View Post
Had a little time last week to play with the antennas.....

I picked up one of the $20 RTL-SDR radios last week to get a better view of the poor signal quality caused by 2 edge reception.
First scan is the VHF Hi band showing local WMTW on RF CH8 (3 miles away) and WENH (48 miles away) on RF CH11. Both stations come in ok but WMTW has some occasional noise and dropouts.

Second scan is UHF showing six local stations. Of the six, only WPXT comes in even though there are three channels with higher signal strength. It is the closest to me and probably has the best S/N ratio.

Third scan is 550 MHZ to 900 MHZ and shows local LTE signals. I wonder if these could be causing problems with UHF reception?
Do you use a preamp? With WMTW only three miles away, the signal might be so strong that it's overwhelming your tuner. That could cause noise and dropouts.

Nearby LTE signals can cause interference on the UHF TV band. You could buy an LTE filter to see if that would improve things. Just make sure you can return it in case there is no improvement.
Brian in CT is offline  
post #5167 of 5188 Old 04-23-2020, 12:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 8,197
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5751 Post(s)
Liked: 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalis View Post
Had a little time last week to play with the antennas.....



I picked up one of the $20 RTL-SDR radios last week to get a better view of the poor signal quality caused by 2 edge reception.

First scan is the VHF Hi band showing local WMTW on RF CH8 (3 miles away) and WENH (48 miles away) on RF CH11. Both stations come in ok but WMTW has some occasional noise and dropouts.



Second scan is UHF showing six local stations. Of the six, only WPXT comes in even though there are three channels with higher signal strength. It is the closest to me and probably has the best S/N ratio.



Third scan is 550 MHZ to 900 MHZ and shows local LTE signals. I wonder if these could be causing problems with UHF reception?
See how much press powerful WPFO is compared to WGME of the same tower.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #5168 of 5188 Old 04-23-2020, 05:12 PM
Newbie
 
jcalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Swansea MA
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Each antenna has a separate 20 foot feed into the loft so I can try different combinations without going up on the roof every time.
I have tried every possible combination and the best results are with both antennas connected into the combiner, then preamp. Even the strong local CH 8 is more stable with preamp on. WENH and WPXT are marginal without the amp, much better with preamp. I am using the Winegard LNA 100 preamp and Radio shack UHF / VHF combiner.

Here is the antenna setup (I rushed the HD7694P assembly, the last VHF elements are mounted backwards, have to fix that the next time I go up on the roof)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cabin tripod antennas.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	2715310  
jcalis is offline  
post #5169 of 5188 Old 04-23-2020, 06:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Brian in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Fairfield, Conn.
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Nice setup. Hope you can fix the VHF elements soon, because most of them work in tandem to receive WMTW & WENH.

The fact you only receive one of the many Portland UHF TV signals that transmit quite close to you brings me to another possible conclusion (if it's not LTE interference). Unfortunately, you might be in a terrain shadow. Try using the "Signal Search Map" at www.RabbitEars.info. When you get the results table, click on a TV station's "Transmitter Distance" to show its terrain profile. The blue line shows that station's theoretical signal path between the transmitter and your receiving antenna. There are probably many tall obstructions (mountains) in your neck of the woods blocking what otherwise would be strong TV signals. You might want to link your results to this thread if you want our input.

BTW, Swansea, MA? You are in Maine (ME), right?

EDIT: Whoops, I just read your post from about a few weeks back. This is about your vacation home in Hiram. I would still like to see your report. No two "2-edge" situations are the same.

Last edited by Brian in CT; 04-23-2020 at 06:21 PM.
Brian in CT is offline  
post #5170 of 5188 Old 04-24-2020, 07:45 AM
Newbie
 
jcalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Swansea MA
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thanks Brian
Here is the report: https://www.rabbitears.info/searchma...study_id=83294

All stations are two edge except for WENH. Looking at the scans this makes sense since WENH has the cleanest signal of the three stations I can receive. WMTW is 3 miles away and has a noisy signal even if I point the winegard directly at it. I have signal bouncing all over from every direction, I was able to pickup WPXT once with the antenna aiming in the opposite direction from its tower.
jcalis is offline  
post #5171 of 5188 Old 04-24-2020, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Brian in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Fairfield, Conn.
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Hate to say it jcalis, but you're in an awful spot for OTA reception. With ATSC 1.0, being at below average terrain will probably doom anyone's chances for optimal reception. Back in the day, analog (NTSC) VHF signals did well in getting into the nooks and crannies of varied terrain. It would have been interesting to see what kind of reception you would've had back then with your current setup. I figure a lot of ghosts and snow, but much of that reception could have been watchable.

I see that you're getting some good 1-edge diffraction from the WENH signal. Unfortunately, I believe that signals of 2-edge or more (especially at much differing deflection points) are harder to predict when trying to quantify field strength in the program you used. For example, you shouldn't be able to receive WPXT, but a good bounce enabled you to get it. Sorry to say this, but I wouldn't put more money into your setup. What you get now is probably the best you can do in typical conditions. I do think that you'll have a much better chance of receiving WCSH when they raise their transmitter 300 feet.
Brian in CT is offline  
post #5172 of 5188 Old 04-24-2020, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 8,197
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5751 Post(s)
Liked: 3846
I agree... those hills are killing you. how high AGL before the receptions come up?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #5173 of 5188 Old 04-25-2020, 11:21 AM
Newbie
 
jcalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Swansea MA
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I agree... those hills are killing you. how high AGL before the receptions come up?
Changing antenna height from 30 ft to 150 ft makes almost no difference. I am too far down the mountain on the wrong side for antenna height to make much difference.

I am not sure if WCSH move to their main antenna at 300' higher will make any difference. I hope it does. They carry Quest channel playing all the older Discovery channel shows I used to watch.
jcalis is offline  
post #5174 of 5188 Old 04-25-2020, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 8,197
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5751 Post(s)
Liked: 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalis View Post
Changing antenna height from 30 ft to 150 ft makes almost no difference. I am too far down the mountain on the wrong side for antenna height to make much difference.

I am not sure if WCSH move to their main antenna at 300' higher will make any difference. I hope it does. They carry Quest channel playing all the older Discovery channel shows I used to watch.
That sucks, maybe you can lucky by pointing the antenna upward some? All you can do is try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #5175 of 5188 Old 04-26-2020, 10:44 AM
Newbie
 
jcalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Swansea MA
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
That sucks, maybe you can lucky by pointing the antenna upward some? All you can do is try.
I do have the UHF antenna pointing "up" a few degrees, there are 1 1/2 inch spacers on the bottom u-bolt mount. I had it tilted up a bit more when testing and it did not seem to make much difference. I left the smaller spacers in there hoping it would work a little better than none at all.

Next time I get up there I will experiment with the height and angle a bit more (and fix the winegard elements)

Mountain reception is difficult..... I have it easy at home, all stations are LOS and I get everything from Providence and Boston easily. I just put up a Winegard HD8200U to make sure WGBH /WGBX RF5 comes in clean even in bad weather.
jcalis is offline  
post #5176 of 5188 Old 04-26-2020, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Brian in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Fairfield, Conn.
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalis View Post
Mountain reception is difficult..... I have it easy at home, all stations are LOS and I get everything from Providence and Boston easily. I just put up a Winegard HD8200U to make sure WGBH /WGBX RF5 comes in clean even in bad weather.
Well, at least you have great reception at home. Too bad you had to resort to the HUGE HD8200U to receive WGBH over the VHF-Lo noise floor. Many posters on the Boston thread living in southeast Massachusetts reported having difficulty tuning in either WGBH or WSBE. Luckily, you're so close to Providence (and well in the Providence DMA), that you can keep your antenna pointed at Boston while receiving the Providence TV stations off the side. I use a rotor myself because I'm halfway between NYC and Hartford. I'm on my third one in 20 years.

Last edited by Brian in CT; 04-26-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Brian in CT is offline  
post #5177 of 5188 Old 05-23-2020, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
jzinckgra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Standish, ME
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Any update on when WCSH will be moving antenna higher up the tower? We're on Tenney Hill Raymond at 720' with clear shot to the south/southwest and the day they switched from 44 to 31, we've had issues getting reliable signal. With leaves now on trees, we don't get WCSH at all and some other channels too. wpfo and wgme and wmtw are all ok. I'm using an outdoor multidirectional without preamp. Thanks
jzinckgra is offline  
post #5178 of 5188 Old 05-23-2020, 06:32 PM
Senior Member
 
KEVINL71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Britain, CT
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Does WCBB-TV (PBS) channel 10 of Augusta still transmit from Litchfield, ME? I believe that's where they were when I lived in Old Orchard Beach from 1985 to 1987. I never got anything above a snow color signal. It was nearly the same thing with New Hampshire's channel 11 (PBS).
KEVINL71 is offline  
post #5179 of 5188 Old 05-23-2020, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
KyL416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tobyhanna, PA
Posts: 686
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVINL71 View Post
Does WCBB-TV (PBS) channel 10 of Augusta still transmit from Litchfield, ME?
Yes:
https://www.rabbitears.info/tower.ph...e&asrn=1035353
shoman94 and KEVINL71 like this.
KyL416 is offline  
post #5180 of 5188 Old 05-23-2020, 06:46 PM
Senior Member
 
KEVINL71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Britain, CT
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 20
OK...so roughly halfway between Augusta and Auburn/Lewiston. Despite living in southern Maine twice, I almost never got north of Portland. Due to age (when living in O.O.B.), I only got as far as York or Wells southward and the Maine Mall in South Portland northward. Furthest ever north is Bangor and that was done back in 1996.

Wind always messed up UHF in O.O.B. if it was strong enough. Channel 26 of Biddeford and then new channel 51 of Portland had uissues every time. I was using an indoor antenna.
KEVINL71 is offline  
post #5181 of 5188 Old 05-24-2020, 05:36 AM
Member
 
icerabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kennebec County, ME
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzinckgra View Post
Any update on when WCSH will be moving antenna higher up the tower? We're on Tenney Hill Raymond at 720' with clear shot to the south/southwest and the day they switched from 44 to 31, we've had issues getting reliable signal. With leaves now on trees, we don't get WCSH at all and some other channels too. wpfo and wgme and wmtw are all ok. I'm using an outdoor multidirectional without preamp. Thanks
I contacted them last week, regarding reception issues. Hoping for an update. Received the note that they were not on their usual antenna nor height and some generic aiming help. Replied back, saying thank you, specifically asked if there was a time frame when they'd be up and running again. Nothing heard back since.

I was really hoping they'd be able to slap a date on it, and say, there's a work order in for June xx. Sadly. No word.

I did get a second antenna, as I have really been struggling with signal distribution to more than 4 devices/rooms. I can never tell whether the signal is too hot or too cold, tried to even out line lengths. Then there's tuner sensitivity variations. Weather. 4 seasons. Lots of tinkering and trying to balance it, with trial and error. Anyway. I'm going to try an antenna in the attic again, maybe the elevation could help a tick, compared to the ground floor, or maybe I will get NBC from Bangor if I aim the other way.

Last edited by icerabbit; 05-24-2020 at 05:43 AM.
icerabbit is offline  
post #5182 of 5188 Old 05-24-2020, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bac522's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Oddly even with leafs out on trees I was able to pick up WCSH this morning for the first time and close to the same levels I saw pre-repack...but I have since lost it again...so most likely just skip of some type due to colder weather this morning.
bac522 is offline  
post #5183 of 5188 Old 05-24-2020, 09:00 AM
Senior Member
 
jzinckgra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Standish, ME
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerabbit View Post
I contacted them last week, regarding reception issues. Hoping for an update. Received the note that they were not on their usual antenna nor height and some generic aiming help. Replied back, saying thank you, specifically asked if there was a time frame when they'd be up and running again. Nothing heard back since.



I was really hoping they'd be able to slap a date on it, and say, there's a work order in for June xx. Sadly. No word.



I did get a second antenna, as I have really been struggling with signal distribution to more than 4 devices/rooms. I can never tell whether the signal is too hot or too cold, tried to even out line lengths. Then there's tuner sensitivity variations. Weather. 4 seasons. Lots of tinkering and trying to balance it, with trial and error. Anyway. I'm going to try an antenna in the attic again, maybe the elevation could help a tick, compared to the ground floor, or maybe I will get NBC from Bangor if I aim the other way.
Thanks. We're going with YouTube tv till they get it done
jzinckgra is offline  
post #5184 of 5188 Old 06-03-2020, 03:40 AM
Member
 
icerabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kennebec County, ME
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
WCSH works again!

It looks like they are back to their default setup.
Two days ago, I rescanned our bigger tv, and instead of the high numbers (34 & 51 or something, that our HDhomerun hints at we might get), it picked up 4 new channels. Could it be? Yes, it finally picked up WCSH and the sub channels again! It worked fine last night for news, and this morning news works too ... so they probably did the work that needed to be done !
icerabbit is offline  
post #5185 of 5188 Old 06-03-2020, 03:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bac522's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Maybe, I'm not seeing a change in signal strength for me...you might be getting atmospheric skipping.
bac522 is offline  
post #5186 of 5188 Old 06-28-2020, 04:26 PM
Newbie
 
jcalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Swansea MA
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Wcsh

I was up at the cabin this weekend and ran another scan. WCSH does appear to have increased in signal strength since last time, so maybe they are running more power or on their new antenna. Has anyone heard any news?
I still cannot pick it up
I will try to raise the UHF antenna up a bit higher next time and put a Winegard boost XT amp up on the mast. I have a custom signal combiner coming in from Jan J in Slovakia which should work better than the uhf//vhf Radshack combiner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan 470.0-650.0MHz_cm only.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	2750388  
jcalis is offline  
post #5187 of 5188 Old 06-30-2020, 03:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 8,197
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5751 Post(s)
Liked: 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalis View Post
I was up at the cabin this weekend and ran another scan. WCSH does appear to have increased in signal strength since last time, so maybe they are running more power or on their new antenna. Has anyone heard any news?

I still cannot pick it up

I will try to raise the UHF antenna up a bit higher next time and put a Winegard boost XT amp up on the mast. I have a custom signal combiner coming in from Jan J in Slovakia which should work better than the uhf//vhf Radshack combiner.
That "cell" is TMobile.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #5188 of 5188 Old 06-30-2020, 05:13 PM
Senior Member
 
jzinckgra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Standish, ME
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 16
WCSH news had story on last week saying they raised antenna to full height. Sure enough we got all our channels back, but last few days they are cutting in and out again. Maybe they are making tweaks?
jzinckgra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Tags
Channel Master , holland entertainment

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off