1Likes

post #3841 of 3844 Old 08-18-2019, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1721 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Ion

ION has left KHRR 40.3 and moved to KOLD 13.4. Great news for me since KHRR is too weak at my location to watch but KOLD is 100%.

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 3844 Old 08-19-2019, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
ION has left KHRR 40.3 and moved to KOLD 13.4. Great news for me since KHRR is too weak at my location to watch but KOLD is 100%.

Caught that Saturday night when I was down in the Old Pueblo. KHRR has channel 40.3 still up with a graphic informing viewers that effective immediately, Ion is no longer on channel 40.3 and that they should contact Ion for more information.

I wonder what they'll put in its place, if anything? In Phoenix, the Telemundo station runs TeleXitos on .2 and Cozi TV on .3, even though Cozi TV is also on the CBS channel.
post #3843 of 3844 Old 08-20-2019, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1721 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhett View Post
I wonder what they'll put in its place, if anything? In Phoenix, the Telemundo station runs TeleXitos on .2 and Cozi TV on .3, even though Cozi TV is also on the CBS channel.

I don't know but I hope it's nothing I want to watch since KHRR is basically a no go here. Too bad KHRR isn't on Mt. Bigelow with all the other stations.

My TiVo added sub channels 4-4 and 4-5 to KVOA. There is no programming on either. I wonder what's going on there? One HD channel and 4 SD channels? Seems like that might be pushing it a bit.

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3844 of 3844 Old 08-20-2019, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
My TiVo added sub channels 4-4 and 4-5 to KVOA. There is no programming on either. I wonder what's going on there? One HD channel and 4 SD channels? Seems like that might be pushing it a bit.

That must have just happened because neither subchannel was there Saturday night. I know that KVOA is slated to carry the new CBS lifestyle network, DABL, on channel 4.4. The network debuts Sept. 9, but I don't know when KVOA plans to start airing it. Sounds like they might be preparing to launch with the network. I haven't heard anything about a channel 4.5 yet.

I just recently saw an article about how encoder technology is improving to the point that a 1 HD / 4 SD setup is doable, but we'll see, I guess.

Edit: Found the article - https://tvnewscheck.com/article/2372...e-tv-capacity/

Last edited by dhett; 08-20-2019 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Add article link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page