Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 372 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1494Likes

post #11131 of 11169 Old 06-05-2019, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 745
It's been near on to two weeks without Comet here in Vegasland. Doesn't Sinclair now the definition of 'soon'? That's what they said about finding a replacement local station to carry their diginet.
foghorn2 and CigarTimeRon like this.

Will the last subscriber leaving Dish Network please turn off the satellite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11132 of 11169 Old 06-05-2019, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 231
I bet they are doing some finagling so they can sneak the channel into COX subs with a trojan OTA channel, if they do Estrella, it will be re-encoded @ 4:3 and look even crappier.
rdvegas and CigarTimeRon like this.

"Sometimes the warmest smile comes from the saddest face
Sometimes the brightest light comes from the darkest place
Sometimes the truest kiss comes with a whores embrace"
- Wayne Hussey
post #11133 of 11169 Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

K41IO has requested from the FCC more time to transition to K30PL and rf channel 30. They had been the Enlace affiliate in Vegas on 41.1 and with EJTV music on 41.2. A third stream got a tryout briefly and then vanished.

What was once K51IO, then K47OC, is now K12XL and is claiming to build just east of Primm for their TUFF sub-service with a modest transmitter. Next stop, Las Vegas.

Last edited by rdvegas; 06-11-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11134 of 11169 Old 06-14-2019, 09:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I noticed today the the on screen program guides on KPVT 2.1 and KHMP 18.2 has deleted most of the listing errors. Although GET TV is still listed on three channels. The guide now includes listings for KPVM-46 from Pahrump ahead of that station being available here (waiting for the transmitter move to Mt Potosi soon).

post #11135 of 11169 Old 06-16-2019, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

KHDF 19.1, .2, and .3 have been silent this weekend.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11136 of 11169 Old 06-18-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Seemingly from out of nowhere, CBS will launch a new diginet in September entitled DABL. A bunch of CBS stations have already been tagged for the launch of the network, and you can bet that many more will follow. When and where it might land in Vegas is currently unknown. Perhaps KHSV 21.2 is a potential site.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/cbs...se-1203244886/

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...style-net-dabl
foghorn2 likes this.

Last edited by rdvegas; 06-18-2019 at 07:23 AM.
post #11137 of 11169 Old 06-18-2019, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
Seemingly from out of nowhere, CBS will launch a new diginet in September entitled DABL. A bunch of CBS stations have already been tagged for the launch of the network, and you can bet that many more will follow. When and where it might land in Vegas is currently unknown. Perhaps KHSV 21.2 is a potential site.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/cbs...se-1203244886/

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...style-net-dabl
Great, we will get to see Moonves's favorites and Weinstein moovies.
rdvegas likes this.

- Wayne Hussey
post #11138 of 11169 Old 06-20-2019, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Lots of problems today (Thursday) on KGNG-26. About half of their subs are frozen solid or sitting in the dark.

Station info on www.tvfool.com continues to be well out of date and often just plain inaccurate.
foghorn2 likes this.

Last edited by rdvegas; 06-20-2019 at 05:14 PM.
post #11139 of 11169 Old 06-20-2019, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
It's been near on to two weeks without Comet here in Vegasland. Doesn't Sinclair now the definition of 'soon'? That's what they said about finding a replacement local station to carry their diginet.
Hello,

just stumbled across this feed as I was looking for information on where Comet TV went to. I have been out of town for about 5-6 weeks and come back to a black screen. So disappointing. Thank you for the information and updates.

I also, have one question. I live in an apartment in Green Valley (top floor of 3, all window and sliding door facing south). I have antenna hooked up to my tv mounted on the wall in the apartment, but I can not receive many of the listed channels. As of right now I only have 8.1-8.3, 10.1- 10.3, 13.1-13.4, 21.1-21.5. I had 5.1-5.3 before I left but those no longer are coming through either. Is there a better antenna that I can get that would pick up more stations or one you recommend? I can not place anything outside or on the roof so I realize my options are limited at this point but any suggestions would be great . Thanks
rdvegas and foghorn2 like this.
post #11140 of 11169 Old 06-20-2019, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfilippi68 View Post
Hello,

just stumbled across this feed as I was looking for information on where Comet TV went to. I have been out of town for about 5-6 weeks and come back to a black screen. So disappointing. Thank you for the information and updates.

I also, have one question. I live in an apartment in Green Valley (top floor of 3, all window and sliding door facing south). I have antenna hooked up to my tv mounted on the wall in the apartment, but I can not receive many of the listed channels. As of right now I only have 8.1-8.3, 10.1- 10.3, 13.1-13.4, 21.1-21.5. I had 5.1-5.3 before I left but those no longer are coming through either. Is there a better antenna that I can get that would pick up more stations or one you recommend? I can not place anything outside or on the roof so I realize my options are limited at this point but any suggestions would be great . Thanks
Disconnect the antenna, scan for channels, then re-attach the antenna and scan again. You should not have problems getting several more than you list. But since the Vegas stations broadcast from two different spots on the hills above Henderson, catching them all with one antenna can be a pain. Check your address at www.tvfool.com and set the single antenna at a midway point between the two transmitter locations. That might help.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11141 of 11169 Old 06-26-2019, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

KBLR-39 will soon have a new news person on their staff. The newsman is Paulo Alvarado, wrapping up duties at KEYE in Austin, TX writes NewsBlues. He'll be on board at KBLR-39 very soon.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11142 of 11169 Old 06-26-2019, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 157
[QUOTE=rdvegas;58209498]...But since the Vegas stations broadcast from two different spots on the hills above Henderson, catching them all with one antenna can be a pain....[/QUOTE}

I'm in Henderson a short way east of Black Mountain. I can get most of the LV area stations with the exception of the 47 group. And since Bounce moved to 5.2, I have had no need of the 47's.
We have no (downstairs) window facing west, however. I deal with reflections (I assume) with a flat antenna (By 1byone, the best I've found of the reasonably priced indoor antennas).
When our obligation to Dish runs out I want to get Mr Antenna out to install a west-facing outdoor antenna on our roof. I look forward to reliable OTA.

Indirectly Outta Compton
post #11143 of 11169 Old 06-26-2019, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Crabby- is the dish mast above the roofline? maybe you can install a antenna on the dish mast and point it west? It does not have to be too high.
rdvegas likes this.

- Wayne Hussey
post #11144 of 11169 Old 06-27-2019, 12:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghorn2 View Post
Crabby- is the dish mast above the roofline? maybe you can install a antenna on the dish mast and point it west? It does not have to be too high.
Unfortunately, no. I might still be able to do that, though...it has an unobstructed view to the west, but it is currently on our south-facing wall.

Indirectly Outta Compton
post #11145 of 11169 Old 06-29-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

"I'm in Henderson a short way east of Black Mountain. I can get most of the LV area stations with the exception of the 47 group", writes Crabboy.

Those stations are now all in the 26 folder on the dial.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11146 of 11169 Old 07-02-2019, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

HC2 bought a handful of Las Vegas stations (KEGS-30 and KNBX-31, included). I had expected professional management, but that has not been achieved. Many of the sub-channels on the two stations mentioned are either color bars or blank.

There are many niche market networks available that could be placed on these two stations and provide Vegas viewers with much better entertainment than currently. I would go after affiliation agreements with Amazing Facts, AMG, Blues Television, BYU, CB< News, Classic Arts Showcase, Deutche Welle, Evine Live, First Nations Experience, Hillsong, ION Plus, MHZ Worldview, NASA, News Net, NHK World, Smile Of A Child, Vibrant TV, Weather Nation, World Channel, and Z Living.

I've even considered that HC2 could give one station to a local college, and that institution could then program the station with the non-commercial networks mentioned above.

As it is now, both KEGS and KNBX are considered to be jokes by viewers with nothing available to watch. Armont (KNBX 31.1) attempts to provide a niche service, while HOT TV (KNBX 31.4) is usually either frozen or airing the same episodes as yesterday at the same time, and will air them again tomorrow at the same time. Aside from the plentiful colorbars sub-channels, it seems the other programmed channels are simulcasts of other Vegas sub-channels. That's not professional or productive.

They could do so much better for Las Vegas.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11147 of 11169 Old 07-03-2019, 12:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
"I'm in Henderson a short way east of Black Mountain. I can get most of the LV area stations with the exception of the 47 group", writes Crabboy.

Those stations are now all in the 26 folder on the dial.
I did know they'd moved. I'm not getting the 26 group, but I'm not missing them. I'm sure they are of value to some, but unless they've added something new recently, they offer nothing that I want to see.

Indirectly Outta Compton

Last edited by crabboy; 07-03-2019 at 12:39 AM.
post #11148 of 11169 Old 07-04-2019, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post
I did know they'd moved. I'm not getting the 26 group, but I'm not missing them. I'm sure they are of value to some, but unless they've added something new recently, they offer nothing that I want to see.
KGNG has been on the 26's since 26 July 2018. They have plenty of worthwhile programming.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11149 of 11169 Old 07-04-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

KLAS is running a scroll that states that DirecTV has yanked their feed to viewers in the Valley. How can a satellite service survive without providing CBS to their money paying subscribers. I suspect that Mr. Antenna may get a few phone calls.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11150 of 11169 Old 07-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 87
They've pulled ALL Nexstar stations, from BOTH DirecTV & Uverse services:
http://www.cablefax.com/distribution...n-retrans-spat

I was going to say LV subs may get to enjoy the same thing again next month, when Sinclair's contract expires w/AT&T...but LasVegas doesn't appear to be on this list: (Reno is though)

AT&T PDF

(scowl down near bottom)

(does anyone have any idea why this is the ONLY site that I consistantly have trouble posting https links on??? )

Last edited by DrDon; 07-04-2019 at 01:31 PM.
post #11151 of 11169 Old 07-04-2019, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
I was going to say LV subs may get to enjoy the same thing again next month, when Sinclair's contract expires w/AT&T...but LasVegas doesn't appear to be on this list: (Reno is though)
The program notices page is only for U-Verse TV because those franchise requirements only apply to land based providers, so they don't list stations in markets where U-Verse TV isn't available, like Vegas which is Centurylink territory. (i.e. they didn't list the Nexstar stations in Pennsylvania, Connecticut or New York which are mostly Verizon, Frontier and Consolidated Communications territory) If the Sinclair contract was last renewed post-takeover DirecTV will be affected too, but if it's an older contract only U-Verse would be affected.

As for the pdf linking thing, it's because AT&T's support site is cookie driven, so direct links to their pdfs don't work unless you visit the Programming Changes site first.

Last edited by KyL416; 07-04-2019 at 12:44 PM.
post #11152 of 11169 Old 07-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyL416 View Post
The program notices page is only for U-Verse TV because those franchise requirements only apply to land based providers, so they don't list stations in markets where U-Verse TV isn't available, like Vegas which is Centurylink territory. (i.e. they didn't list the Nexstar stations in Pennsylvania, Connecticut or New York which are mostly Verizon, Frontier and Consolidated Communications territory) If the Sinclair contract was last renewed post-takeover DirecTV will be affected too, but if it's an older contract only U-Verse would be affected.

Makes sense...but it still shows that when you look at ALL of those local stations on the (Uverse) notice page, it's probably going to be a Sinclair issue on D* also - but yes, there are also exceptions, as in your last point.

Quote:
As for the pdf linking thing, it's because AT&T's support site is cookie driven, so direct links to their pdfs don't work unless you visit the Programming Changes site first.
OK, but then why does the SAME link work fine directly from this site? I just tried it from a different computer, that NEVER visit's either site, clicked on the link in this post of mine, & it went right there.
https://www.dbstalk.com/community/in.../#post-3536824

Last edited by dishrich; 07-04-2019 at 01:02 PM.
post #11153 of 11169 Old 07-04-2019, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Because the forum software that powers that site doesn't check to make sure a link is valid first. People have complained about the same thing though there, a direct link to a pdf like the notices or a manual not working unless they already visited AT&T's support site first, followed by a bunch of clueless mods blaming the user's connection or browser when they say it's not working for them.

Quote:
KLAS is running a scroll that states that DirecTV has yanked their feed to viewers in the Valley. How can a satellite service survive without providing CBS to their money paying subscribers. I suspect that Mr. Antenna may get a few phone calls.
Unless you have been living in a bubble for the past 2 decades, everyone should know that the ticker that Nexstar is running is a lie. AT&T/DirecTV didn't "Choose" to drop the channels, legally they cannot continue carry the channel unless a retrans consent deal is in place. The only thing they "chose" to do was say no to Nexstar's latest retrans price hike offer. And this is far from the first time Nexstar has been in a retrans dispute.
post #11154 of 11169 Old 07-04-2019, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

LOL, clogging up this thread? Its been draining pretty fast with just me and RD and a few others. I thought I was looking at this thread many many many pages back from 2006.

Eight goes down on DTV and we get fireworks here today. I dont watch 8 or CBS at all, but still nice to have with my little 751 antenna and a TiVo, satellite is for suckers.

THIS IS GREAT! ✨
DrDon and rdvegas like this.

- Wayne Hussey
post #11155 of 11169 Old 07-05-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghorn2 View Post
LOL, clogging up this thread? Its been draining pretty fast with just me and RD and a few others.
The 'few others' includes CigarTimeRon, and he is about to vacate Las Vegas for the far Northeast snow country. I hope he checks in here now and then.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11156 of 11169 Old 07-05-2019, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oldie Goldie has been missing for weeks and weeks, until today. The classic movie diginet has been returned to KPVT on their 2.6, bumping Faith. But never fear, Faith continues to air on KHMP 18.3. At present Oldie Goldie is airing in a silent mode.

I'm not getting K36NE today. Their subs on virtual 43 are AWOL.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11157 of 11169 Old 07-06-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

KSNV, KLAS, KTNV, and KVVU all went head to head with earthquake coverage Friday evening.

History Of Television on KNBX 31.4 is sitting in black Friday and Saturday. Although there is a high pitched screech for audio.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11158 of 11169 Old 07-06-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Reed Cowan and Latoya Silmon on News KSNV 3 were exceptional last night. Both spoke so well and calm with all that shaking last night. Their verbal skills and ability to speak freely and sound like real humans really shined.
rdvegas likes this.

- Wayne Hussey
post #11159 of 11169 Old 07-08-2019, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Back on 6 June 2018 BIZ TV debuted in KPVT. This weekend it is sitting in black. The main 2.2 is dark, along with their quarter screen service on 2.1 and 18.2.

KINC 15.2 continues to be troubled with the green glitches. Large herringbone like blocks flash about the screen.

HOT, KNBX 31.4, continues to be hiding out except for the shrill audio sound.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #11160 of 11169 Old 07-10-2019, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oldie Goldie, KPVT 2.7 (with a PSIP of 'Faith'), continues to be an unintentional silent movie sub-channel.

HOT, KNBX 31.4 (with a incorrect PSIP of 'KBNX'), continues to be in stealh mode with only a screech for a signal.

Almavision, KEGS 30.1, has been missing from action for several days.

As CBS will begin to dabble in cooking shows on their new DABL service on 9 September, no local affiliate has yet been named. Perhaps that's why KHSV 21.3 is currently vacant.
foghorn2 likes this.

Last edited by rdvegas; 07-10-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page