Chris (Channel Master Support)
Apr 15, 8:42 AM MST
Sorry to hear about the troubles that you have experienced so far with getting your stations re-scanned. This is something that Google is currently aware of, however you should be able to resolve the issues by following the steps I have outlined below. Thank you!
The Guide in my Stream+ only has 1 channel, but I scanned many channels. (CM-7600 CM7600)
If you miss a step in the initial setup process, you might not have the 14 day Antenna TV Electronic Program Guide. Also, if you perform another Channel Scan, you may have to re-enable the guide. If you've got all of your channels scanned in, you can skip the first section and go to the second section to 're-enable' the guide.
If you would like to scan for TV Antenna channels, follow the instructions below.
• Press the 'Home' button on your remote control.
• Navigate down to Settings and select it.
• Navigate down to "TV Tuner" and select it.
• The next screen will be 'Rerun channel setup?' Select 'Continue'.
• The next screen will show "TV Tuner Setup", and will show a progress bar across the middle of the screen.
• As it scans/finds channels, it will begin to list the channels on the right side of the screen. These are listed in order of the lowest 'Transmit Channel', to the highest. The channel numbers that you will see listed are the 'Virtual Channel' numbers.
• Once the scan is complete, the next screen is 'Select a TV lineup'. Highlight and select 'Antenna'.
• The next screen tells you how many channels were found. Select "Done".
• Now press the 'Guide' button on your remote. If the guide is not populated with the channels you just scanned in, then you will need to re-enable the program guide.
If you perform a Channel Scan, (Or miss a step in initial setup) you may need to re-enable the guide.
• Press the home button on your remote.
• Select 'Live channels'
• Press the 'Guide' button on your remote.
• Select Channel #1-1 to watch 'Google Play' preview channel.
• The Stream+ must be connected to the internet in order to find that channel 1-1 in your guide.
• Press the OK button.
• Navigate down to 'TV Options'.
• Navigate to 'Settings'.
• Select 'Customize Channel list'
• Now "Deselect group" or "Select Group" should be highlighted.
• Press OK so the boxes next to the TV channels are blue with a check mark.
• Press the 'Home' button on the remote.
• Press 'Guide' on your remote.
• You should now have the blue 'Guide Category' banner on the left side of your screen.
• Navigate to the right and the 14 day guide should now be available.
• It may take a few minutes for the guide to populate.
• You might experience some 'remote control lag' while the guide is updating.
• The instruction to add the 14 day guide can be found here.
Please note; There are some apps available, like PlutoTV, that you can add those PlutoTV channels to the guide. e.g. Pluto offers 100+ channels for free. (You can find that instruction here.) If you integrate the PlutoTV channels into your guide, then you will only be able to see 2 days of OTA Antenna channels. Not 14 days
Please note; ‘Live Channels’ Program Guide, is a Google implementation, in collaboration with Channel Master. Channel Master is not responsible for ‘Live Channels’ functions or issues. All Guide data, logos, and images are provided by Google. Any Guide data issues & questions, and bugs should be reported to Google Support. To include 'data logs' to help Google address your issue, 'Send Feedback'.
Channel Master Support [email protected]