Champaign, IL - HDTV - Page 173 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #5161 of 5165 Old 09-28-2019, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1659 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Right this moment, every station in those three markets are in Phase 7 except WCIX. However, WSEC, WICS, and WRSP have requested to move into Phase 9 due to WSEC's construction delays.

Phase 7 starts on October 19 and ends on January 17.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5162 of 5165 Old 10-14-2019, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TV listings show WBUI 23.2 switching from This TV to DABL at 6 AM tomorrow morning, cutting off the last hour of an episode of The Avengers. A livestream of the network is at the top of the schedule page.

Other Sinclair operated stations replacing This TV include KMPH (Fresno, CA), WRGT (Dayton, OH), KPTM (Omaha, NE), KRNV (Reno, NV), and KPTH (Sioux City, IA). All of the previous stations carried MyNet along with This on the same subchannel, except for KMPH and KRNV.

The screenshots below show DABL programming on WRGT-DT2, KPTM-DT2, and KPTH-DT2 as of yesterday, however I can't confirm if DABL has actually launched on those stations or if DABL launched before yesterday. Also, listings still show MyNet programming on WRGT-DT2 (8-10 PM, local time) and KPTM-DT2 (7-9 PM, local time), while KPTH-DT2 has dropped MyNet entirely.

Along with the former Tribune stations replacing This with Court TV, This TV's affiliate number has dropped by almost 1/3 from 2017 to now. With the number of affiliates they have lost and the sale of Tribune to Nexstar, there has been speculation that This might shut down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WBUI DABL.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	2627998   Click image for larger version

Name:	WRGT DABL.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	2628012   Click image for larger version

Name:	WRGT MyNet.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	2628014   Click image for larger version

Name:	KPTM DABL.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	2628016   Click image for larger version

Name:	KPTM MyNet.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	2628018  

Click image for larger version

Name:	KPTH DABL.PNG
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	2628020   Click image for larger version

Name:	KPTH No MyNet.PNG
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	2628022  
post #5163 of 5165 Old 10-15-2019, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
WBUI 23-2 has already switched to DABL. I miss having ThisTV, but unfortunately their selection has gotten more stale as of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan893 View Post
TV listings show WBUI 23.2 switching from This TV to DABL at 6 AM tomorrow morning, cutting off the last hour of an episode of The Avengers. A livestream of the network is at the top of the schedule page.

Other Sinclair operated stations replacing This TV include KMPH (Fresno, CA), WRGT (Dayton, OH), KPTM (Omaha, NE), KRNV (Reno, NV), and KPTH (Sioux City, IA). All of the previous stations carried MyNet along with This on the same subchannel, except for KMPH and KRNV.

The screenshots below show DABL programming on WRGT-DT2, KPTM-DT2, and KPTH-DT2 as of yesterday, however I can't confirm if DABL has actually launched on those stations or if DABL launched before yesterday. Also, listings still show MyNet programming on WRGT-DT2 (8-10 PM, local time) and KPTM-DT2 (7-9 PM, local time), while KPTH-DT2 has dropped MyNet entirely.

Along with the former Tribune stations replacing This with Court TV, This TV's affiliate number has dropped by almost 1/3 from 2017 to now. With the number of affiliates they have lost and the sale of Tribune to Nexstar, there has been speculation that This might shut down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5164 of 5165 Old 11-21-2019, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
Right this moment, every station in those three markets are in Phase 7 except WCIX. However, WSEC, WICS, and WRSP have requested to move into Phase 9 due to WSEC's construction delays.

Phase 7 starts on October 19 and ends on January 17.

- Trip

WSEC filed a legal STA to move to Phase 9 on August 14, while WICS and WRSP filed theirs on September 5 and 23, respectively. What could be delaying the approval of the phase changes?

Also, I noticed that WAND didn't file their 3rd quarter transition progress report in October and haven't filed the report required 10 weeks before the end of Phase 7 (WBXC-CD hasn't filed their 10-week report either). Are there any consequences for WAND failing to file the 3rd quarter report and weren't the 10-week transition progress reports for Phase 7 due by November 8?
post #5165 of 5165 Old 11-21-2019, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1659 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Quote:
WSEC filed a legal STA to move to Phase 9 on August 14, while WICS and WRSP filed theirs on September 5 and 23, respectively. What could be delaying the approval of the phase changes?
Busy FCC attorneys.

Quote:
Also, I noticed that WAND didn't file their 3rd quarter transition progress report in October and haven't filed the report required 10 weeks before the end of Phase 7 (WBXC-CD hasn't filed their 10-week report either). Are there any consequences for WAND failing to file the 3rd quarter report and weren't the 10-week transition progress reports for Phase 7 due by November 8?
They'll just be contacted and asked to file ASAP.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page